Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2010, 12:31   #2986
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Is there anyway the rear seats could be moved backward, I feel that the seats were slightly in front compared to the international variants to make good boot space! I might be wrongly assuming though!

This car would be primarily used by my parents who would be taking the rear seats and the rear space has become the deal breaker for me now!

Is there any solution to this?
I dont think there is any way to move back the rear seat. Only option you can try is to move the front seats forward. I think punto's rear legroom is fine when the front seats are not kept in full stretched mode.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:59   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@ All Punto owners!
This car would be primarily used by my parents who would be taking the rear seats and the rear space has become the deal breaker for me now!

Is there any solution to this?
IMO the only way to increase or rather get more legroom at the rear is to employ a 'short' driver say height not exceeding 5 feet 4 inches

Edit: Thought of one more thing to increase rear leg room. I think replacing front seats to that of Etios thinner seats will add up some space. I have no idea if that can be done.

Last edited by HammerHead : 13th December 2010 at 14:04.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:39   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
By the way, is the engine guard rusting ( the rust is only near the scratches ) normal ?
Its normal for the engine guard to take a beating and rust. It is a replaceable unit if I remember correctly.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:12   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Its normal for the engine guard to take a beating and rust. It is a replaceable unit if I remember correctly.
Yes, the engine guard is a replaceable component and it costs less than 2K (INR 1700 or so IIRC).

I have found that the chances of the car gets scraped is more if you apply the breaks. That is, approach the speadbreaker/pothole with your foot on break thus slowing her down to maximum possible extent; then just before the pothole take your foot off from break. This procedure will give you a couple of more millimeters of GC I guess.

Disclaimer: I said..."I guess".

@anachronix, the GP is not the ideal car for chauffeur-driven missions. The rear leg room of the Punto is not very bad, but it ain't that great either. There are no other options other than those suggested by arunkk and HammerHead.

I drive a Punto with passion but in your case I think I'd suggest you to take a look at the Manza.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 13th December 2010 at 16:22.
Old 15th December 2010, 01:19   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Received a letter from FIAT saying that If I recommend FIAT to a friend and then the person actually buys a FIAT Linea or Punto, then they will give me a GPS navigation system for free !!!!

So if anyone is booking a FIAT and has a friend who has already a FIAT, then he can earn his friend a GPS!!!!

In case you do not have a friend who has a FIAT, then I will be happy to oblige. Kindly PM me. I will recommend you.
Old 16th December 2010, 11:21   #2991
Senior - BHPian

My parent's 2009 Punto 1.4 EPk will be going in for its 2nd service tomorrow, having run almost 13500km in a year's time. No major problems at all during the whole year or even now for that matter. In fact only one problem all year long. The rear left tail lamp bulb came loose somehow. Problem was addressed in 15mins at the service station. The only issue right now is that the rear left doors rattling a bit, when getting shut. This being a chauffeur driven Punto, and both my parents alternating between the Punto and my dad's office Ambassador, they tend to shut the doors with a lot of force.

The best part for both my parents is the great ride in the Punto, and most people who drive everything from Corolla's, City's, Civic's and even a C-Class owner say the Punto's ride is just too good. Though for me the real surprise is how much mileage our chauffeur is able to get out of the 1.4 engine, and he isnt exactly a slow guy. I had told my parent's that you may get as low as 10kmpl, but we are getting 12.5 without the AC and about 11.5 with the AC running in city conditions. 17kmpl is easily achieved on the highway.
Old 16th December 2010, 15:19   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I had told my parent's that you may get as low as 10kmpl, but we are getting 12.5 without the AC and about 11.5 with the AC running in city conditions. 17kmpl is easily achieved on the highway.
In a chaotic city traffic like in Bangalore I am able to extract this kind of FE figures. See the link below, ofcourse because of Bangalore weather the AC never runs all the time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2062867

And Yes! with good and wide roads else where in the country the Punto 1.4 can give still a better FE.

Old 16th December 2010, 16:26   #2993
BHPian

Hi Julupani/Samson02, I am owning 1.4 as well and in national highway-1 I am extracting FE of 17-18 KM/Litre easily with AC on. Haven't noticed much difference in FE with AC on or OFF (may be maximum of .5 KM/l). I am in Gurgaon(OLD GURGAON) now a days this part of Gurgaon is very conjusted and not so very wide roads, even here I am extracting FE of 13.5-14 km/l. In my case tacho needle mostly stays between 3000-3500 RPM.
Old 17th December 2010, 07:53   #2994
BHPian

In normal driving conditions like bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic I am getting 21- 22 most of the time, if its highway then not less than 25, and in my latest experiment, on Hosur Road Fly over from Toll entry at E-city to Silkboard, I got 36.5 - @60 KMPH/@1500 RPM/@without AC, come another day I will keep my camera and a friend in my car to catch the snap
Old 17th December 2010, 08:27   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
In normal driving conditions like bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic I am getting 21- 22 most of the time, if its highway then not less than 25, and in my latest experiment, on Hosur Road Fly over from Toll entry at E-city to Silkboard, I got 36.5 - @60 KMPH/@1500 RPM/@without AC, come another day I will keep my camera and a friend in my car to catch the snap
B2B mileage of 21-22 is hard to believe
Old 17th December 2010, 09:03   #2996
BHPian

I have a query for all Punto owners : What is your engine temperature? My temperature guage shows it to be at the halfway mark. Is this normal?
Also, when the cold, it makes less noise and once it reaches this halfway mark, the noise is more, although at 1800+ rpms. Do I need to check something during first service?
Old 17th December 2010, 09:32   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
B2B mileage of 21-22 is hard to believe
Yeah but unless most the drive is in the Bangalore Elevated Tollway as mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
I have a query for all Punto owners : What is your engine temperature? My temperature guage shows it to be at the halfway mark. Is this normal?
Also, when the cold, it makes less noise and once it reaches this halfway mark, the noise is more, although at 1800+ rpms. Do I need to check something during first service?
I am not sure about the noise issue which I never noticed but temperature gauge at the halfway mark is normal.

Last edited by arunkk : 17th December 2010 at 09:44.
Old 17th December 2010, 22:51   #2998
Senior - BHPian

Redrove the 90 HP today. Now this particular piece DID NOT have that much hyped turbo lag (the blower like whistle could be heard and was amazing) and accelerated briskly. Its fun to floor the throttle and the car accelerates strongly.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1679.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1676.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1677.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1675.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1674.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1670.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1671.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-photo1672.jpg  

Old 17th December 2010, 23:07   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Redrove the 90 HP today. Now this particular piece DID NOT have that much hyped turbo lag (the blower like whistle could be heard and was amazing) and accelerated briskly. Its fun to floor the throttle and the car accelerates strongly.
Funny that you are talking in terms of "this particular piece". Fiat should standardize and make all the pieces alike...
Old 17th December 2010, 23:10   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Funny that you are talking in terms of "this particular piece". Fiat should standardize and make all the pieces alike...
Well, they may be making all pieces alike, but it also depends on the usage! TD cars are badly treated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks