Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 18:08   #2836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Guys, does anyone know if there is a facelifted Punto coming anytime soon? The product will be 1.5 yrs old in a couple of months now and a mid life facelift could be in order?
Well, I guess they will have to think of facelifting the Linea before putting the Punto under the scalpel! After all, the Linea was released much before its hatchbacked sibling. And in any case, wouldn't FIAT SpA need to introduce a newer version first? AFAIK, FIAT India does not have the capability to make design changes, unlike MSIL. But, I may be wrong here...can others help out?
Old 13th October 2010, 18:09   #2837
Senior - BHPian

No. I'm sure there is no facelift in the pipeline. Because the facelift of GP in Italy is the Grande Punto Evo that debuted in 2009 replacing the Grande Punto that was launched in 2005(The one we are having now since 2005).

They should rather work on the interiors of current Punto rather than working on a whole new project of facelifting it.
They won't start production of Evo in India so soon. Their current aim is to launch a new car for the mass segment, to improve their sales and after sales support.

P.S.- Do you guys really think that they need facelifts? Because the Fiat ladies(GP and Linea) are already admired for their beauty. And they aren't as common on the roads that they need to refresh their looks.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 13th October 2010 at 18:12.
Old 13th October 2010, 23:27   #2838
BHPian

@paddleshifter:
Certainly the GP or the Linea do not need a face lift at all. They are good products, with brilliant designs which is pretty much ahead of the competition against the competetion by miles. What they need to do is, improve the A.S.S. much much much more. I am having bad experiences with the Fiat A.S.S. already, my car hardly being a month 3 weeks old.

They need to work on this rather than introducing facelifts. Their products are winners, they should definitely try to match them up with good A.S.S. otherwise they will perfectly spoil the products.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:03   #2839
BHPian

Well, I agree that Linea and Punto dont need a facelift, especially Linea. Well, but apart from the 90hp Punto there has been nothing on the Punto front, especially the petrol variant.

Hence was wondering if FIAT is doing anything to keep the buzz going on in the market regarding its products, simple things like having the jazzy interiors ofthe 90 hp in the petrol E pack or something that keeps drawing people to the FIAT showrooms.

Last edited by MihirC : 14th October 2010 at 15:05.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:53   #2840
BHPian

The 1.4 T-Jet would be great to have on the Punto. At least then will the people stop complaining about the petrol engines being underpowered. Also IMO, the Grande Punto looks better than the Punto Evo, there is no need of a visual face lift as of now IMO.
Old 14th October 2010, 15:57   #2841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
The 1.4 T-Jet would be great to have on the Punto. At least then will the people stop complaining about the petrol engines being underpowered. Also IMO, the Grande Punto looks better than the Punto Evo, there is no need of a visual face lift as of now IMO.
Fully agree with you. I would love to drive GP with 1.4 T-jet engine. I hope Fiat listens to this.
Old 14th October 2010, 18:37   #2842
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Fully agree with you. I would love to drive GP with 1.4 T-jet engine. I hope Fiat listens to this.
As of today, the FIRE EP costs Rs.7,10,224 in Bangy. T-Jet Punto might at least cost Rs. 8Lac. Will you buy a Petrol Hatchback at this rate?! Not many would.
Old 14th October 2010, 18:44   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Well, not many would buy the T-jet Linea too. Fiat wants enthusiasts to buy it, and I doubt whether they are expecting much volumes there. If they are, I pity them. Just like there exists a clientele for T-Jet Linea, there exists a different set of clientele for T-jet Punto too. From what I know, it would be a bolt on into the Punto. This is a good opportunity for Fiat to showcase their hot hatch. As you might remember, they were the first to introduce that concept of hot hatch in India by introducing Palio 1.6 and S10. If they introduce 1.4 T-jet in India in near future, I will most definitely bite the bullet.
Old 15th October 2010, 08:11   #2844
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets be positive and hope FIAL does the act!
Old 15th October 2010, 13:24   #2845
Senior - BHPian

The Punto Evo will be launched in India only in 2013 (As per an auto market report), while the Linea based on the evo platform will be launched in 2015.
Old 17th October 2010, 17:25   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The Punto Evo will be launched in India only in 2013 (As per an auto market report), while the Linea based on the evo platform will be launched in 2015.
I am not sure launching EVO is a bright idea in the first place. Its one ugly looking thing, its just the front face of the car that is such a put-off. If there's anything they should try for is to get the EVO interiors for the current version of the car that is selling in India and for god sake not wait till 2013 to do this. With just about 1000 to 1500 Punto's selling each month, by 2013 (or maybe earlier) we'd probably be writing an obituary for this car.
Old 18th October 2010, 13:39   #2847

USB addition

Hi all,

I own a 76bhp Punto Multijet Emotion bought last year. Any pointers if I can get a USB fitted? If so, any place in Bangalore?

Also, the new T Jet has the A/C vents below the front seats (for rear seat cooling), can this be fitted to an old punto?

Thanks,
Naveen
Old 18th October 2010, 14:00   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveencp View Post
Hi all,

I own a 76bhp Punto Multijet Emotion bought last year. Any pointers if I can get a USB fitted? If so, any place in Bangalore?

Also, the new T Jet has the A/C vents below the front seats (for rear seat cooling), can this be fitted to an old punto?

Thanks,
Naveen
No idea about a USB, but it may be possible to get an AUX in. The audiophiles should be able to help here.

As for your second query, all Puntos have vents below the front seats. They are very cleverly hidden there. Search with a torch and you will find them. In any case, the T Jet Punto hasn't come out here.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:03   #2849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveencp View Post
Hi all,

Thanks,
Naveen
Fitting an USB drive in Emotion is complex job, AFAIK the USB is linked through the Blue and Me system.

The vents below seats are standard on all variants on the Punto. The purpose of the vents directed at feet is to provide hot air to the feet in winters, Switching the AC air to other vents in summers will not do any wonders to the cooling. All variants of Linea also come with a rear vent between the seats for better cooling.
Old 18th October 2010, 15:48   #2850
BHPian

How to differentiate a BSIII and BS IV vesrsion of Punto. Very recently I have bought a 1.4 E (March 2010) Model( review will be posted soon) and in Tax invoice and sales certificate it is mentioned as BS IV but in form 22 and the emission certificate nothing is mentioned about BS IV but it state that INITIAL CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE WITH POLLUTION STANDARDS , SAFETY STANDARDS OF COMPONENTS AND ROAD WORTHINESS as BS III. But I have ordered for a BS IV version. I yet to get confirmation regarding this from Fiat India. I need the more expert openion from Team BHPians.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks