Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 07:30   #2821
BHPian

To my surprise I found rare AC vents under Driver and co-driver seat in my Punto Active too. I had an idea that this will be present only in E& E-pack. Nice find to start with a new car.
Old 4th October 2010, 08:40   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
To my surprise I found rare AC vents under Driver and co-driver seat in my Punto Active too. I had an idea that this will be present only in E& E-pack. Nice find to start with a new car.
Yes I was also surprised by this. This is the difference you feel when u buy an international product, especially European. They are so pleasingly different from the Indian products. I am not looking down upon Indian manufactured cars at all. I just want to say that there are so many small things here and there that make life so easy. The Indian manufacturers too should follow from these.
Old 10th October 2010, 01:55   #2823
BHPian

I am not able to play a particular track in my punto off USB. Dont know why its happening. All my music is 320KBPS but only this one refuses to play or even appear on MID. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 10th October 2010, 17:11   #2824
BHPian

Hi,
I have upgraded mine to 100/90. The punto default headlights are good for a normal day. When it rains heavily and with traffic in opposite direction, the intensity is not sufficient.
Yes, it voids the electrical warranty. If you travel during nights a lot, its better to change. Its your call.

Quote:
Guys, has anyone done a 100/90 set up for punto? I tried very hard with dealer I am getting my Punto, but the service station guy rejected it saying that some portion of the wiring has to be cut and it will void the warranty, but I think there must be a way to do it with out geeting the warranty in danger, help reqd... please..
Old 10th October 2010, 21:38   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
Hi,
I have upgraded mine to 100/90. The punto default headlights are good for a normal day. When it rains heavily and with traffic in opposite direction, the intensity is not sufficient.
Yes, it voids the electrical warranty. If you travel during nights a lot, its better to change. Its your call.
use a wiring kit. no wires will be cut and warranty wont be void. i am using a similar 100/90 setup in my Punto
Old 11th October 2010, 07:53   #2826
Senior - BHPian

A 100/90 setup might darken/discolor the headlamps beyond repair after prolonged use and eventually you need to replace them. I am not sure about the Punto but I've seen this happened in a Scorp where the owner installed bulbs with rating that's x2 of the OE bulbs.

I fully agree with the point that the Punto has inefficient headlamps. I am planning to upgrade to Philips Xtreampower bulbs of the same rating. An expensive but better option that does not voids overloads anything.

Just my 2c.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:40   #2827
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed that the higher wattage bulbs needs a separate wiring harness and the reflectors going weak. However, the headlight assembly will not darken so quickly. Once can manage it at least for 18 months and the head light assembly might cost close to 6K for both RHS and LHS. Thats like spending Rs. 333/- for additional safety per month which I would not mind at all.

Just a thought from a different angle
Old 11th October 2010, 10:46   #2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
A 100/90 setup might darken/discolor the headlamps beyond repair after prolonged use and eventually you need to replace them. I am not sure about the Punto but I've seen this happened in a Scorp where the owner installed bulbs with rating that's x2 of the OE bulbs.

I fully agree with the point that the Punto has inefficient headlamps. I am planning to upgrade to Philips Xtreampower bulbs of the same rating. An expensive but better option that does not voids overloads anything.

Just my 2c.
I had changed my lamps to Osram Night Breaker 60/55w. Meaning, no kit, no relay, nothing to void the warranty. It cost me about Rs.900 here in Bangalore.

Last night I was driving back from Tiruvannamalai to Bangalore. Along with the fog lamps on, believe me, it was terrific. No problems whatsoever. And I had about 110 kms of roads with sudden patches of potholes. I could see clear as 'day' with these lamps. You could look at Osram as an option too.
Old 12th October 2010, 13:25   #2829
Senior - BHPian

Linea T-Jet's stock 16" Alloys and Tyres for Punto 90 HP

A query from my friend.

Is it possible to fit T-Jets stock 16" Alloys and Tyres directly into Punto 90 HP without any alteration?

How much it will cost for T-Jet Alloys and Tyres (both set of 5)?

Do 205 Wide tyre touches inner wall of wheel well while turning and negotiating bumps?

Do the 16" spare Rim and tyre fit into Spare wheel well with out any alteration?

How much will be the speedo errror?

Do Punto 90HP too gain 170 or more GC by putting stock T-Jet rims and tyres?

Please help. He is going to book one this Saturday.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vinu
Old 12th October 2010, 14:39   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
use a wiring kit. no wires will be cut and warranty wont be void. i am using a similar 100/90 setup in my Punto
I am interested to know how you did that,please explain the setup, I used 100/90 in my alto for 3 yrs and nothing happened to the reflectors, I belive punto reflectors are much better than of alto's, so I don't fear darkening. My confusion is how to do the wiring without cutting wires, and if it voids the warranty, will it be of the entire car's or only electrical only?
Old 12th October 2010, 15:54   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
I am interested to know how you did that,please explain the setup, I used 100/90 in my alto for 3 yrs and nothing happened to the reflectors, I belive punto reflectors are much better than of alto's, so I don't fear darkening. My confusion is how to do the wiring without cutting wires, and if it voids the warranty, will it be of the entire car's or only electrical only?
You can buy a wiring kit from hella/roots (around 500rs) which includes ceramic holders for the 100/90 bulbs. relay will cost around 200rs. You can get this from any car accesories shop
Old 12th October 2010, 22:44   #2832
BHPian

Need advice for replacing headlight assembly

Friends, I hav got my new punto hit on the left headlamp, and the reflector inside had smashed. I spoke to various Fiat dealers in kolkata, but no one had the assembly in stock and all refused to even take a look at it bcos the Puja holidays are beginning from Thursday 14th.

So I went ahead and ordered for an assembly of the left headlight from a genuine spares shop. I shall be getting the delivery of the headlamp tomorrow. Now I have some doubts in mind which need to be cleared:

How to adjust and sync the headlight beam leveller along with the other side headlight, does it automatically adjust? Which position is it in, in stock condition? Should I make the postion to 1 and then plug in the new assembly? I shall be getting it done from a local workshop as the Fiat dealers have refused to take booking of my car for 10 to 12 days due to Puja holidays etc etc. I am sure the warranty will not get void as no wires need to be cut. But I am worried about the headlight leveller being synchronised and calibrated properly.
Can anyone advise me in this regard?
Old 12th October 2010, 23:30   #2833
Senior - BHPian

Hi Arpan- I think you can get it fixed at position "0"(zero) as this is the stock position(I've never seen any new car that has headlight in any position other than 0).

Anyways, you can get it fixed it in any position (0, 1, 2 or 3) as they will be doing headlight leveling after installing the headlamp assembly for that particular position. The stock position won't be disturbed as long as they do not touch the right headlamp assembly. Allow them to fiddle with the left headlamp(the one to be changed) only.
Old 13th October 2010, 08:01   #2834
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2010 at 18:22.
arpanjha is online now   Received Infraction
Old 13th October 2010, 17:48   #2835
BHPian

Guys, does anyone know if there is a facelifted Punto coming anytime soon? The product will be 1.5 yrs old in a couple of months now and a mid life facelift could be in order?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks