Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 15:10   #2761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Take some precautions before giving your car for regular service:

Keep the remote foldable key at home. Take the spare key with you. It is not inconvenient either as the car is not locked time and again inside the dealership.
Guys, take this one seriously. When my Punto came back from last service, the key was broken. I had to force them to change the key under warranty(They wanted to charge me 6k for their mistake).

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th September 2010 at 17:01. Reason: typo
Old 10th September 2010, 16:22   #2762
Senior - BHPian

Thanks PaddleShifter, akshay1234 and .anshuman. "Prepared" the car ready for the first service as per the kind advise given.
Old 11th September 2010, 21:08   #2763
BHPian

After following this thread for more than a year, I finally bought myself a Bossa Nova White Fiat Grande Punto Active MJD. GTO's excellent review really helped me on my decision to buy this car.
You can find my post and pictures here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ova-white.html
Old 11th September 2010, 23:21   #2764
Team-BHP Support

posted on another thread, but didn't get any reply,

--Do the Tata/Fiat SVC's have dedicated ramp & a set of mechanics exclusively for Fiat? What about the spares? Does the same counter deal with both the brands?
Old 12th September 2010, 10:42   #2765
Senior - BHPian

somebody had made a post about fiat rectifying the a/c cutoff issue in high traffic conditions on the GP 1.4 petrol. Could someone please elaborate? Is it a fiat initiative or are the going to charge us?
Old 12th September 2010, 11:03   #2766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

--Do the Tata/Fiat SVC's have dedicated ramp & a set of mechanics exclusively for Fiat? What about the spares? Does the same counter deal with both the brands?
yes most service centers have dedicated ramp and mechanics for fiat cars.
don't know about the spares counter
Old 12th September 2010, 11:05   #2767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
somebody had made a post about fiat rectifying the a/c cutoff issue in high traffic conditions on the GP 1.4 petrol. Could someone please elaborate? Is it a fiat initiative or are the going to charge us?
From what I know it is free of cost and your ecu has to be remapped. Get it done at the next service.
Old 12th September 2010, 11:59   #2768
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: my car underwent its first service totally hassle-free. I reached Kulathunkal Motors @9am as advised and my token was ready. The only thing they needed to fill in was number of kilometers (3077 kms). There was also a white board welcoming the customers with me listed at 14th position. The SA (Mr. Vishal) attended my car within 10 minutes, and I used that time to check out a red Punto 90HP. Found the interior fit/finish very good, the gap around the ignition is reduced to a hairline!

The SA suggested me to Pete my car with a K/N...

I wanted the car back by 3pm and he promised me to deliver it by 4pm but certainly not by 3pm. Went back and collected her at 4.15pm:
- wheel alignment done
- the front LH door is now okay
- neatly washed.

I checked the car's exterior for any scratches and interior for any damage while he waited patiently. It was a zero-rupee service. 10/10
Old 12th September 2010, 16:08   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

In Pune at least, BUB has a separate area for FIATs. There is a different set of mechanics dedicated to FIATs and also FIAT has its own separate spares counter.
Old 12th September 2010, 17:24   #2770
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
In Pune at least, BUB has a separate area for FIATs. There is a different set of mechanics dedicated to FIATs and also FIAT has its own separate spares counter.
BUB has resigned from TATA-FIAT and will be closing soon. He is moving on to Volkswagen. Just some info that would help. He will be done in 90days.

Hey fellow punters, apologies if i am repeating this but new accessories for the GP have been released by fiat. You can find them on the GP website.
I wanted to go for the sport pedals but they cost around 10grand. Thats pricey. :(

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th September 2010 at 18:46. Reason: Back to back posts in less than 20 minutes.

Old 13th September 2010, 11:11   #2771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
BUB has resigned from TATA-FIAT and will be closing soon. He is moving on to Volkswagen. Just some info that would help. He will be done in 90days. [/b]
The last thing I heard was that the decision is not yet taken. I hope they would continue TATA-FIAT along with VW. BUB is one of the better dealers available for FIAT. If BUB is moving then I hope TATA has shortlisted somebody else. Pune is a big city to have only a single dealer for TATA-FIAT.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:36   #2772
Senior - BHPian

Never knew that a yellow punto 1.6 16V 115 bhp e.TORQ would look so good. Its a very simple motor exclusive to south America.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatpuntoetorq.jpg

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-fiatpuntosporting_2011.jpg

Some new accessories added.

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-big_chair_split.jpg
new design seat covers

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-big_chrome_exhaust.jpg
chrome tipped exhaust-Rs. 2290

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-big_metalic_pedals.jpg
metallic pedals-Rs. 9950

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-big_rear_spoiler.jpg
spoiler-Rs. 4661

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-l_doorsilpunto.jpg
door sill-Rs. 295

all prices from fiat India website.

Last edited by sidindica : 14th September 2010 at 17:38.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:44   #2773
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Punto in yellow is quite a looker. I wonder why Fiat is not thinking on bringing such colours to India. The electric blue also looked great, and now the colour itself is withdrawn.

I doubt if Fiat will ever bring the 1.6 to India. If I remember correctly, there is also a 1.8 petrol version of this same motor in Brazil.
Old 15th September 2010, 00:50   #2774
BHPian

Just a quick one, anyone with exact figures as too how many Punto's has FIAT India Sold uptill now ?
Old 15th September 2010, 10:10   #2775
Senior - BHPian

I don't have figures only for the Punto, but the total for the Palio, 500 & Punto from June 09 (IIRC Punto was launched in June '09) stand at 20279...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks