Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 15:53   #2191
Senior - BHPian

Here's another picture. The front 3 quarts look better than the rear ones..

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc00642.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2010 at 16:02. Reason: Plates - as per request.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:03   #2192
BHPian

Looks quite good i should say, although i guess the look depends on the sunlight. I'm now convinced that the Punto looks good in any colour .
Old 16th June 2010, 16:32   #2193
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Its not true, we have four different Sony phones including P1i and non works for messages.
hey buddy if you visit fiat.com under the blue and me section there is a list of compatible phones. Also there is a list of features which will work for the compatible phones. Please check that out.

Old 16th June 2010, 19:05   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Looks quite good i should say, although i guess the look depends on the sunlight. I'm now convinced that the Punto looks good in any colour .
Yup, although I heard someone mention that the Punto doesn't look good in the Tuscan Wine colour.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:52   #2195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
hey buddy if you visit fiat.com under the blue and me section there is a list of compatible phones. Also there is a list of features which will work for the compatible phones. Please check that out.
I did check that and my current phones are not compatibles.
Will buy Phones compatibles from the next time .
All the phones I bought before I bought Linea.
Anyway Sony phones are very durable, hence you keep them for longer periods, isn't it.

Last edited by jacksons : 16th June 2010 at 22:55.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:30   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Yup, although I heard someone mention that the Punto doesn't look good in the Tuscan Wine colour.
here you go, for you to decide.Its a diesel emotion (not pack) with aftermarket alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc04854.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-dsc04855.jpg  

Old 16th June 2010, 23:31   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I guess its the Windows Mobile OS phones which are fully compatible (Calling and SMS)
Nope, my HTC windows mobile too isn't compatible with the SMS feature.
Old 16th June 2010, 23:35   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Here's another picture. The front 3 quarts look better than the rear ones..
FTA looks a very subtle and sober color. Gives the car a luxurious look. IMHO it should look much better in the subtle Sun, not the glaring summer sun
Old 16th June 2010, 23:48   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
FTA looks a very subtle and sober color. Gives the car a luxurious look. IMHO it should look much better in the subtle Sun, not the glaring summer sun
^^ +1 to the above. The colour (FTA) is very regal, should work well in cities like Pune and Bangalore where the sun isnt as harsh it is in delhi. Extreme Sun and the fact that its a shade of silver (had moon beam silver which is similar to this shade in my MS) were the reasons why I didnt choose this shade for my GP.

- B4W
Old 17th June 2010, 00:02   #2200
BHPian

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
BTW: Had a look at new wine red color on Punto. It sucks big time. Its like making Rocky Balboa wear a pink Skirt.

Guys who have Red and White Bosa Nova color Puntos rejoice. These two colors are special in the sense that their coating is 30 micron thick compared to other colors which are 18 micron thick. This means that these two colors can take a lot of abuse in terms of polishing.

OT: Also these two happen to be the easiest to match color in case of painting needed due to scratches etc.
IMHO, Bossa Nova white and Exotica Red are bluddy good colours but just not cut out for a city like delhi, especially E.Red because of the 8 month round blazing sun and constant dust. Trust me, there is no worse sight than a red punto covered with a layer of dust standing outside under the delhi sun, it turns into shocking orange (unbearable... If I may so). As for white, my only grouse is that all inevitable scrapes on delhi roads will be fare more obvious compared to scrapes on other colours. In both the cases the effort to keep the car maintenance effort goes up.

- B4W
Old 17th June 2010, 01:14   #2201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
[

IMHO, Bossa Nova white and Exotica Red are bluddy good colours but just not cut out for a city like delhi, especially E.Red because of the 8 month round blazing sun and constant dust. Trust me, there is no worse sight than a red punto covered with a layer of dust standing outside under the delhi sun, it turns into shocking orange (unbearable... If I may so). As for white, my only grouse is that all inevitable scrapes on delhi roads will be fare more obvious compared to scrapes on other colours. In both the cases the effort to keep the car maintenance effort goes up.

- B4W
And you have not even started talking about hip hop black.
Well what can you do about sun and dust? Nothing.
On plus side washing and cleaning will keep you in good shape.

Incidently this Silver and Grey obsession is not only present in our sunny and dusty India.
Sample what the acid tongue of Jeremy Clarkson has to say on cars in UK.

Jeremy Clarkson Hold on, kids, or your heads will fall off review | Driving - Times Online

"However, while I was building my own Jaguar XKR the other day — I still want one — I became a bit stuck on what sort of colour I’d like. There’s a choice of 13 — which is about 2m fewer than Dulux offers — and apart from a nasty red and a dreary blue all the others are grey. Oh, there’s a greeny grey and a bluey grey and a blacky grey. But greyness is definitely the central theme.

Want a Mercedes S-class? Then you have a choice of 12 colours. Plum. Excrement. Henry VIII’s hat. Or grey. BMW? Don’t know. Its car configurator would only work, it said, if I was in Java. And I was in Chipping Norton. So let’s move on to the Audi A6. Here, there’s a choice of condor grey, quartz grey, oyster grey, black (which is grey) and white. Which will be grey very soon.

Lexus is crafty, choosing to describe its colours as Arctic, pearl, velvet, Palladio and so on. But don’t be fooled. Whatever box you tick, you end up with a car that’s pure John Major, only without the spectacles. Even Land Rover has jumped on the blandwagon and deleted the beautiful shade of green on my old car for a new and exciting range of greys. That is as ridiculous as Ferrari dropping red."
Old 17th June 2010, 02:06   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
here you go, for you to decide.Its a diesel emotion (not pack) with aftermarket alloys.
I think this looks fantastic. In fact, with matt black alloys, this car would look even more stunning (personal opinion). Thanks for sharing the pictures, appreciate it.
Old 17th June 2010, 08:41   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Guys who have Red and White Bosa Nova color Puntos rejoice. These two colors are special in the sense that their coating is 30 micron thick compared to other colors which are 18 micron thick. This means that these two colors can take a lot of abuse in terms of polishing.
All colors of paint go through the same painting process with a automobile manufacturer.

The thickness of the paint too will be same IMO.
Old 17th June 2010, 09:39   #2204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
All colors of paint go through the same painting process with a automobile manufacturer.

The thickness of the paint too will be same IMO.
Exactly. The following is from the GP service manual.

Before being painted the bodyshell undergoes a pre-treatment process known as bonderization during which an initial degreasing stage is followed by a phosphating treatment.

The latter forms a crystalline layer of phosphate which make up the base on which the subsequent painting layer is applied through cataphoresis.

Painting through cataphoresis is a fundamental treatment for the protection of the structural elements.

It allows the paint to be deposited in areas of the bodyshell that would otherwise be inaccessible such as the internal box structures.

The process takes place through immersion in an electrically insulated vat containing an acqueous solution of paint product.

The solution is negatively charged whilst the bodyshell is positively charged. During immersion, a layer of paint is deposited (22 microns on horizontal parts and 20 microns on vertical parts) that can be adjusted by altering the bath voltage, the bath temperature and the length of time the body remains in the solution.

The body then undergoes a process of stoving in an oven at 160° for 20 minutes.

Heat bonded materials are then applied to the prepared body and then all the joints between the body panels are sealed to prevent corrosive agents leaking through. An abrasion-resistant coating is then applied to all areas exposed to gravel from the road.

The body is now prepared by adding a primer coat (30 microns thick) before undergoing a further stoving cycle in the oven.

Lastly, the aesthetic finish is applied comprising a layer of enamel base coat (colour) followed by a clear resin coat with very good resistance properties to outside agents (humidity, the sun''s rays) and the final baking in the oven.

Environmentally-friendly, water-based enamels are used at the production plant.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:15   #2205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Exactly. The following is from the GP service manual.

Before being painted the bodyshell undergoes a pre-treatment process known as bonderization during which an initial degreasing stage is followed by a phosphating treatment.

The latter forms a crystalline layer of phosphate which make up the base on which the subsequent painting layer is applied through cataphoresis.

Painting through cataphoresis is a fundamental treatment for the protection of the structural elements.

It allows the paint to be deposited in areas of the bodyshell that would otherwise be inaccessible such as the internal box structures.

The process takes place through immersion in an electrically insulated vat containing an acqueous solution of paint product.

The solution is negatively charged whilst the bodyshell is positively charged. During immersion, a layer of paint is deposited (22 microns on horizontal parts and 20 microns on vertical parts) that can be adjusted by altering the bath voltage, the bath temperature and the length of time the body remains in the solution.

The body then undergoes a process of stoving in an oven at 160° for 20 minutes.

Heat bonded materials are then applied to the prepared body and then all the joints between the body panels are sealed to prevent corrosive agents leaking through. An abrasion-resistant coating is then applied to all areas exposed to gravel from the road.

The body is now prepared by adding a primer coat (30 microns thick) before undergoing a further stoving cycle in the oven.

Lastly, the aesthetic finish is applied comprising a layer of enamel base coat (colour) followed by a clear resin coat with very good resistance properties to outside agents (humidity, the sun''s rays) and the final baking in the oven.

Environmentally-friendly, water-based enamels are used at the production plant.
Thats quite a good information on the painting process. I have a query, does the heat treatment (i.e, baking in the oven) happen at every stage of the painting process?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks