Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2024, 13:22   #946
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx Review

Even though deliveries start October 13, dealer isn't commenting on waitlists, said it will be 'a while'. Unsurprisingly, offline bookings with influence & incentives are being given precedence.

Booked online & paid on Oct 3 at 11:01::15. I guess we will just have to wait till October 26 for delivery status as M&M website initially stated.
Old 9th October 2024, 13:43   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Got a phone call from the assigned Mahindra dealership asking for PAN/Aadhaar despite verification on the website. I’ve not shared it as of now but I feel this is extremely suspicious behaviour. Anyone else faced this? And what are y’all doing to avoid it.
I went to Koncept Mahindra directly to understand the delivery time line / process.

Even though I had booked online, the sales rep asked me for aadhar and pan because they have to create a file for my online booking.
Old 9th October 2024, 14:08   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Guys in future, it would be great if Test drive experiences are mentioned while also mentioning Tyre pressure. My neighbour test drove the Roxx and he mentioned tyre pressure at the rear was 40, and it was bouncing like a basket ball. After reducing pressure to 32, the ride had some jiggle on bad roads at slow speed, but was much much improved.
I will be mostly be taking a test drive this week or the next.
I double checked after the test drive as the drive was a bit unbelievable for me!

It was showing 31 or 32 PSI for all. So, it is less for sure that also contributed to some extent on the better ride but nothing to take way from what Mr.Velusamy sir and his team had done when it comes to the Engineering of the entire vehicle at the fraction of the cost.

This is going to threaten the very existence of Wrangler and Jeep, I repeat. I know Stellantis legal team is already burning mid night oil looking for that one part in Roxx to sue M&M. Goodluck to them.
sgmuser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2024, 14:10   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
I went to Koncept Mahindra directly to understand the delivery time line / process.

Even though I had booked online, the sales rep asked me for aadhar and pan because they have to create a file for my online booking.
Did they give you any update? I booked with Dee Emm and I'm being told that they have not received any update on the delivery schedules.
Old 9th October 2024, 14:26   #950
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Even though deliveries start October 13, dealer isn't commenting on waitlists, said it will be 'a while'. Unsurprisingly, offline bookings with influence & incentives are being given precedence.
I think its too soon to conclude that. However a more plausible theory is that they committed 12 Oct only on paper and are meeting that with delivering some MX variants, the other variants are not ready in stock yet and will take some time to start.

I'm not sure how M&M allocates stock, if its only a schedule, then a lot is left to the dealer eventually and there would be 'teaming and lading', If M&M does allocations of booking IDs with VIN numbers (somewhat like Skoda does), then this situation may not arise and all the 'influential people' will probably grab the cancelled stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Did they give you any update? I booked with Dee Emm and I'm being told that they have not received any update on the delivery schedules.
Yes, they have received no information, but they have a list of bookings by variant (online) and that list is in a certain order (not sure, whether by design or not), if that is anything to go by, it could also give some idea!

Last edited by SLK : 9th October 2024 at 14:27.
Old 9th October 2024, 15:33   #951
BHPian

Help, please. I made a mistake by choosing MX1 D MT first thinking could upgrade to MX5 later in the edit window. My upgrade request did not go in on time, So I am struck with MX1 now. The only issue that I am worried about is the lack of Android Auto in MX1. Do any of know a way to install Android Auto from aftermarket, please?
Old 9th October 2024, 15:49   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5glider View Post
Help, please. I made a mistake by choosing MX1 D MT first thinking could upgrade to MX5 later in the edit window. My upgrade request did not go in on time, So I am struck with MX1 now. The only issue that I am worried about is the lack of Android Auto in MX1. Do any of know a way to install Android Auto from aftermarket, please?
Yes , you can go for many options of an aftermarket head unit available in every price bracket.
Also with time car audio shops will be able to install the OEM unit straight away in the car which is the most suitable option.
CARbun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2024, 15:57   #953
BHPian

Thanks. I was trying to check if there is an easy way to install Android Auto instead of changing the infotainment unit completely. Is there a cost-effective way to get Android Auto in MX1? Experts, Please help. thx
Old 9th October 2024, 16:05   #954
BHPian

My dealer is saying that only MX5 variants available for Delivery. I need to wait till November to get my Ax7 L variant!
puntolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2024, 16:56   #955

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5glider View Post
Thanks. I was trying to check if there is an easy way to install Android Auto instead of changing the infotainment unit completely. Is there a cost-effective way to get Android Auto in MX1? Experts, Please help. thx
There are boxes on Amazon that do give the option to do so and add functionality, but they require the head unit to be Android-based to install the app in the system. We will have to wait and see which unit is preinstalled, as it states to be a touchscreen with 4 speakers in Mx1.

I guess that it could be the system from the Scorpio classic. IMHO, some dealer-provided OEM alternative or system will be installed by the time MX 1 deliveries start.

Last edited by navin : 9th October 2024 at 16:59. Reason: typos
CARbun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2024, 17:16   #956

Understand your predicament, deciding between heart and heart on both sides.

Have you considered a step / stool that you can carry with you in the car to make life easier for your wife and enjoy the machine without guilt?
Old 9th October 2024, 17:24   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
I was told that they will get Thars in different lots and my delivery will happen based on what they receive from Mahindra and how many people are ahead of me.

I booked MX3 Petrol AT, but if they don't recieved this until March 2025 then I won't get it until next year. Doesn't matter if I was the first to book in NCR.

The sales rep told me when I get my lot and incase someone else refuses delivery, she will give me the option to select different model/color. I am not sure if this is really possible though.

My booking ID is B-9996XXX. Has anyone decoded what this actually means?
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2024, 18:23   #958

Quote:
but if they don't recieved this until March 2025 then I won't get it until next year. Doesn't matter if I was the first to book in NCR.
This part is not very clear. Can you pls elaborate ?
Old 9th October 2024, 20:23   #959
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I was told that they will get Thars in different lots and my delivery will happen based on what they receive from Mahindra and how many people are ahead of me.

I booked MX3 Petrol AT, but if they don't receive this until March 2025 then I won't get it until next year. Doesn't matter if I was the first to book in NCR.
It looks like Mahindra has already manufactured MX5 and those are getting ready for deliveries. I have seen MX5 and AX7L only in Hyderabad showrooms. One of the SA was also pushing me to book MX5 and not AX5L. I have not seen any AX5L in-person in Hyderabad, so my assumption is that AX5L is not yet dispatched.

I remember Mahindra did something similar with 3XO and Scorpio-N deliveries after launch. MX variants of 3XO were not available for about 2 months and people who booked lower variants of Scorpio-N (Z2, Z4, Z6) did not get the cars for at least 3 months after deliveries started.
Old 9th October 2024, 21:00   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a023624a View Post
This part is not very clear. Can you pls elaborate ?
Sorry. What I meant was:

I booked MX3 Petrol AT, but if they don't DELIVER THIS MODEL this until March 2025 then I won't get it until next year. Doesn't matter if I was the first to book in NCR.

Mahindra (and even Hyundai) have this habit of prioritizing more expensive models (which generate higher profits for the company) and not making cheaper ones.
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks