Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2024, 21:13   #661
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
So people booking with an intention to buy it, what are you choosing ?
I am going ahead with AX5L D AT 4WD Tango Red.

If moderators can create a poll that should be helpful.
I have paid the advance amount to the dealer for AX7L RWD MANUAL DIESEL WHITE
1968chensaro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2024, 21:21   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
All 4x2 Roxx variants come with a brake locking differential anyway which should be good enough should one of the rear driving wheels lose traction.
Is this available in three door 4*2 Thar?

Also is 3 door 4*2 Thar better then say normal 4*2 SUVs of any brand in tricky situations?
Old 28th September 2024, 00:43   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird_7 View Post
So people booking with an intention to buy it, what are you choosing ?
I am going ahead with AX5L D AT 4WD Tango Red.

If moderators can create a poll that should be helpful.
Going for MX5 Petrol MT in Nebula Blue
CARbun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 13:12   #664
BHPian

Kia Seltos vs Thar ROXX Dilemma,

I test drove the Kia Seltos D with automatic transmission, and while some might judge me, I have to say the Thar ROXX feels significantly better in terms of both engine performance and transmission.

As expected, the Seltos felt underpowered, but what really stood out was how loud and noisy the engine got during upshifts and high revs. I didn’t experience this with the Thar ROXX. While you can hear the engine in the ROXX, it’s much more refined and pleasing. The gear shifts in the Seltos were also more noticeable, whereas the Thar ROXX offers smoother transitions.

I found maneuvering the Kia a bit tricky, particularly because the windshield felt somewhat distorted, almost like looking through convex lenses. Has anyone else noticed this? The bonnet wasn’t as visible as it is in the Thar, which I expected. However, the 360-degree camera in the Seltos was a big plus for navigating tight spaces and heavy traffic at low speeds.

Where the Kia does shine is in ride quality and practicality. Everything feels well-organized and thoughtfully put together.

But ultimately, the engine noise in the Seltos was a dealbreaker for me, making me lean more toward the Thar ROXX, despite being aware of its own limitations.
amrutmhatre90 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 14:38   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968chensaro View Post

Quite confused here. A dealer here in Mumbai is also asking for 11k so that they can put an "entry" on 3rd Oct when bookings open. Also hinted that it would mean earlier delivery than those doing it only online.

I think this is not true but if someone can help. I have never booked a car online, are the bookings limited (like Coldplay) and there is a possibility that you wont be able to book it on 3rd?

If they are limited, does going through a dealer at least guarantee a booking?

Thanks.
sanemate is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 17:34   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
I found maneuvering the Kia a bit tricky, particularly because the windshield felt somewhat distorted, almost like looking through convex lenses.
Yes this is a known issue in some models, pls see this :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-resolved.html (Kia Seltos windshield distortion is causing me extreme eye strain. EDIT : Resolved)
SithDefender is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 18:00   #667
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanemate View Post
Quite confused here. A dealer here in Mumbai is also asking for 11k so that they can put an "entry" on 3rd Oct when bookings open. Also hinted that it would mean earlier delivery than those doing it only online.
Booking amount is ₹21k. Out if 3 dealers in Hyderabad, 2 are taking offline bookings with post dated cheque and one is taking full ₹21k just like regular booking. I have not booked a Mahindra on booking start day so I can’t comment whether dealer booking will take priority or not.

My understanding is that anyone booking online and booking from dealer will go in the same queue. Dealers used to have a way to bulk upload bookings. I am not sure if this has changed in past year. Someone who booked XUV700 or Scorpio-N can comment on dealer booking process and priority.
Old 28th September 2024, 19:19   #668
BHPian

Quote:
In my honest opinion, with benefits of booking Scorpio N online and talking to some presumably honest dealership salesperson, there is no guarantee of getting ahead in the queue through dealership. If some dealer is promising it, my guess is it will be through unethical means. I will book online only on 3rd and also unlike Scorpio N Mahindra is not offering any price protection this time so I am OK even if I get the vehicle little late.
Bluebird_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 19:25   #669
Bit
BHPian

Quote:

I think this is not true but if someone can help. I have never booked a car online, are the bookings limited (like Coldplay) and there is a possibility that you wont be able to book it on 3rd?

Thanks.
I fail to understand that despite Mahindra's full commitment towards delivering half-baked units in the first batches, why are we still fighting our way to get our hands on those first niggle-filled units? It had happened with Thar's previous generation, Scorpio N, XUV 300 earliest units had even mismatched engine badging, and XUV 700's niggles are legendary in entire automobile industry!

It is understandable if the regular gullible non petrol-head person falls for the "get it like there's no tomorrow" (those are the same people who stand outside apple stores for 27 hours just to get the latest iphone on first day)....but we BHPians, why are we knowingly willing to go to the extra mile in terms of pre-booking, allotment, begging the dealer - all just to be the Guinea pig for Auto-manufacturer's testing?

Don't get me wrong though: This vehicle is quite competent and I have no qualms with the car itself, but anyone who reads Teambhp frequently, knows that atleast the first year of any launch from Mahindra, is riddled with so many niggles and issues, yet still decides to be the beta tester and makes extra effort for that, somewhat feels ironic.
Bit is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 19:30   #670
BHPian

3 reasons -

1 - I assumed there is price protection which seems, it isn't
2 - I think waiting periods would be anyway more than 7-8 months, no harm in booking now and getting after some time. If there are issues, would get to know largely by then (unless of course I am among the first few un/lucky ones )
3 - Lets say I do it a year from now and somehow waiting period is still 1 year, we are now talking of 2026. By then something new might come (Endy, Kodiaq?), who knows and this cycle will keep on repeating.

So while I am with you on the issues, I am okay to pay an amount now and see later. I can always cancel it if my mind changes. Having an option feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I fail to understand that despite Mahindra's full commitment towards delivering half-baked units in the first batches, why are we still fighting our way to get our hands on those first niggle-filled units? It had happened with Thar's previous generation, Scorpio N, XUV 300 earliest units had even mismatched engine badging, and XUV 700's niggles are legendary in entire automobile industry!

It is understandable if the regular gullible non petrol-head person falls for the "get it like there's no tomorrow" (those are the same people who stand outside apple stores for 27 hours just to get the latest iphone on first day)....but we BHPians, why are we knowingly willing to go to the extra mile in terms of pre-booking, allotment, begging the dealer - all just to be the Guinea pig for Auto-manufacturer's testing?

Don't get me wrong though: This vehicle is quite competent and I have no qualms with the car itself, but anyone who reads Teambhp frequently, knows that atleast the first year of any launch from Mahindra, is riddled with so many niggles and issues, yet still decides to be the beta tester and makes extra effort for that, somewhat feels ironic.
sanemate is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 20:19   #671
BHPian

Did anyone get the on-road pricing for 4x4 variants?
amrutmhatre90 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 20:30   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968chensaro View Post
There are almost no good drive reviews of the Roxx diesel manual. I'm curious to hear about the diesel MT test drive experiences.
Old 28th September 2024, 22:29   #673
BHPian

I test drove the 4x4 AT today and was deeply impressed.

I want to know if the front parking sensors go off when the vehicle is crawling and detects an obstacle like most other cars. The executive said it would but they didn't go off even once during the entire drive, wherein we did get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 28th September 2024, 22:29   #674
BHPian

Wishful thinking!

I felt a separate digital screen for the ACC would have been much better and user friendly than the current set up of infotainment integrated system.

Who else agree with me!
highwaypatrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 22:44   #675
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Crasto View Post
I want to know if the front parking sensors go off when the vehicle is crawling and detects an obstacle like most other cars. The executive said it would but they didn't go off even once during the entire drive, wherein we did get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.
I got beep multiple times when 2 wheelers crossed from the front of the Roxx during my test drive. The test drive was on narrow road full of potholes so 2 wheelers were crossing from the front where they found better stretch.

Showrooms disable all ADAS features and parking sensors from cars equipped with ADAS. This is based on my experience test driving the cars with ADAS.

Did you check the front parking sensors were enabled (switch highlighted in yellow box in snap below) in the test drive car?
Name:  Screenshot 20240928 223542.png
Views: 165
Size:  51.0 KB
kgt.v8 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks