Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2024, 12:54   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post

Major concern is how will elders get in, might keep a small table inside.
Install those electrically lowering foot steps. They are currently available for the 3 door and will sure come for the Roxx as well.

When lowered, the step level is much lower than the stock step of the Thar. It will surely be useful for elders.

Speaking from my experience as a 3 door Thar owner. I tried the electric steps on another Thar in my circle. It surely is convenient.
Dippy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 13:32   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Speaking from my experience as a 3 door Thar owner. I tried the electric steps on another Thar in my circle. It surely is convenient.
It will surely be useful but for folks under 60 years. Beyond that even with those step for an average Indian old aged person, climbing up would be an issue.. unless they are really fit for the age.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 13:35   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It will surely be useful but for folks under 60 years. Beyond that even with those step for an average Indian old aged person, climbing up would be an issue.. unless they are really fit for the age.
Hi Jaggu
Would you be aware of the E20 compatibility of the mStallion?
Also it would be interesting to know if E20 fuel will further decrease the FE reported.
coldice4u is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 18:05   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
1- No. It would be a decent 4 seater and "comfort level" is defined on what you compare it to.
3 - Given the 5 door is not cheap and if you really dont need a 4x4, then you can look at a similarly priced XUV700 which will be extremely comfortable and you can get a 5/7 seater option in it or the Creta. The suspension and drive will be superior to the Thar in all aspects being a monocoque chassis.

Hope this helps. Just being practical given this 5 door will cost 20L + and is not cheap. There are other genuine options which can be better. Hope this helps
Thank you. I am for sure not interested in a 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwin View Post
I noticed you drive a Baleno. The Thar definitely won't be as nimble around corners.

Question 1: The answer is yes, but it largely depends on driving skills. Since it's built on a ladder frame, it won't be as smooth or supple as your Baleno or Creta.

Question 2: According to some videos, there is some noise, but reviews on Team-BHP suggest it's manageable, especially with music playing.

Question 3: Absolutely not. While it might do well in sales, if you enjoy driving or like a Creta, don't rush into getting a Thar just because it seems to be popular. The Harrier would be a better upgrade in terms of engine performance, driving dynamics, and interior quality. Comparing the Thar Roxx to a Creta is like comparing apples to oranges.

I recommend you test drive it before investing 2 million in any of these options.
Thank you for your advice. Totally with you in terms of the ride not close to the baleno. Guess the test drives will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Of course yes. For a young family this should not be an issue at all.
And here comes the biggest deal breaker. My parents are 70 + and my dad who is 80 has mobility issues.

This is heart breaking as I am sold on the roxx
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 19:23   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
I have a similar query regarding Bangalore. Any idea if any showroom has Roxx on display ?
I received a call from Sireesh Auto, Sarjapur Road, and they informed me that the display vehicle will be arriving tomorrow (09/11).

She also mentioned that they will begin the 'unofficial' bookings and already have over 400 confirmed bookings
Old 11th September 2024, 08:28   #486

Well Well Well,

Mahindra is now auctioning the Vin no. 0001 of the new Thar. Another excellent strategy to keep the hype going on till the bookings commence.

Mahindra Thar Roxx Review-img_2024_09_11_08_19_30.jpeg

Last edited by graaja : 11th September 2024 at 08:53. Reason: Inserting picture
Mr_Slowly is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 11:59   #487
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Hi Jaggu
Would you be aware of the E20 compatibility of the mStallion?
Also it would be interesting to know if E20 fuel will further decrease the FE reported.
It should support all current and immediate future fuel norms, so should not be an issue. This is the info I have.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 15:35   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
You haven't experienced the need till date so maybe taking it lightly but the importance of spare wheel is still relevant even in this age
I 100% agree with this. People are getting brainwashed by car companies into normalising not having a spare wheel.

I'll share one incident in addition to yours.

I went on road trip and subsequent trekking with my cousins in Gangotri. I parked the car (Ertiga) in the official parking and came back after 3 days to find my tyre completely deflated and stuck to the ground. It must've been a puncture when we parked and eventually lost air over the course of 3 days.

At 9pm, in Gangotri cold, I would've been completely screwed if I did not know how to change a tyre or did not have any spare wheel especially considering we had females in the car (boys can sleep anywhere )

So, I quickly took all the heavy luggage out of the boot and got to work in cold and dark environment. In high altitude, it's a different kind of fatigue changing a tyre, that's for sure. Moreover, thanked the gods for imparting me wisdom that I always fill the spare wheel with adequate air before every journey.

I'm thankful that the cars in my household (Fortuner, Ertiga, and i20) still have a sparewheel and will never buy a car without one. Not just with our road infrastructure, a spare wheel cannot be replaced by a tyre repair kit anywhere. With all the dangers on the road already, I don't need another anxiety causing problem on my mind.
Doonite is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 16:45   #489
BHPian

Test Drove Thar Roxx 4WD AT today,

Mahindra Thar Roxx Review-img_5296.jpeg

Unofficial bookings and test drives have slowly began.
Test Drive vehicle was White. Loved the short test drive, car felt nimble and bulletproof. Power on tap is nice, no sudden rush.
Handles bumps and bad roughs very good.

Getting in will be a problem to elderly.
seats are nice and comfy, doesn’t feel plush and premium as xuv700.

This is not a 100% family vehicle, its a heart over head SUV. Has its shortcomings but loved it every inch.

I currently drive a Ertiga, this soon will be replaced.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 17:56   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
You haven't experienced the need till date so maybe taking it lightly but the importance of spare wheel is still relevant even in this age
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
I 100% agree with this. People are getting brainwashed by car companies into normalising not having a spare wheel
I don't want to divert this thread but spare is like an insurance policy. When used, turns out to be life saver.

My father bought used tyres for our Maruti 800, as advised by his miser friend, who only used his car( again Maruti 800 but with LPG and refilled at home) in city and saved a fortune by this but forgot that we regularly travelled intercity on pathetic roads. I was driving and the driver side tyre went flat while on highway, replaced it with spare, drove 50m, spare tyre punctured. Mom was smiling and not upset, was strange, only after marriage I could understand the kind of ammunition she had over dad that day and he got more than an earful later. My dad and I had to walk 1-2 kms with pushing tyres by hands, like kids playing in village. On return got 5 new rims and tyres.

With Baleno, it was evening run to Lucknow, tyres at 60k, going strong with 5-tyre rotation at every 10k service. Stopped for a short break before the last leg of journey, was raining cats and dogs. Came back to a flat on driver side(it was not flat when we got out, I have a habit of making note of these types of things when travelling), had to take entire luggage out and boy the boot had high loading lip. After replacement, drove very cautiously in constant fear of another puncture like the above M800 incident.
Bhuvan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 18:04   #491
A.R
BHPian

Quote:
=====
I currently drive a Ertiga, this soon will be replaced.
Do we know what type and brand tyres do the production cars come with? I see some with CEAT tyres on the latest youtube videos and not MRF Wanderer! And there aren't many aftermarket options too I believe.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th September 2024 at 13:02. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 11th September 2024, 18:06   #492
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2653527

Unofficial bookings and test drives have slowly began.
Test Drive vehicle was White.
May I ask which dealer in Mumbai did you avail the test drive at?
Old 11th September 2024, 19:13   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Do we know what type and brand tyres do the production cars come with? I see some with CEAT tyres on the latest Youtube videos and not MRF Wanderer! And there aren't many aftermarket options too I believe.
Did not check but I think they where MRF Wanderer.
Though of clicking pictures after test drive. When I entered there were not many people, after the test drive it was crowded. Many people came in to check out Thar Roxx.

Let me check with the Rep and get pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyengineer View Post
May I ask which dealer in Mumbai did you avail the test drive at?
This is NBS International in Andheri West.
Old 12th September 2024, 00:03   #494

With time, I realised that Ax5 L is the most VFM variant.

Just compared again from the brochure, the following are additional features over MX5 with just 50k -

10.2 inch digital instrument cluster ( Add at-least 30k for this feature )
172 Hp instead of 150 ps from MX5 ( A tuner will charge 35k to get this additional power)
Connected car features
ADAS ( Can’t be added after market -worth 40-50k easily
Auto AC ( 10k worth )
65w charger, foot well lighting.

Easily 1.5 lakh worth features got added with just 50k extra.
Definitely people who are thinking to buy MX5 , my sincere suggestion is to upgrade to AX5 L.

AX5 L to AX7L features added for 2 lakhs additional cost are as below

6 way power seat
Pano sunroof
Leather trim on Dashboard and Door pads
Harmon Kardon speaker with sub-woofer( but you loose bottles holders)
360 camera
Cooled glovebox

They should’ve lowered the value of Ax7 L for atleast 50k.
puntolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 07:50   #495
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntolover View Post
With time, I realised that Ax5 L is the most

AX5 L to AX7L features added for 2 lakhs additional cost are as below

6 way power seat
Pano sunroof
Leather trim on Dashboard and Door pads
Harmon Kardon speaker with sub-woofer( but you loose bottles holders)
360 camera
Cooled glovebox

They should’ve lowered the value of Ax7 L for atleast 50k.
Plus
19 inch wheels, different alloys, and alloy on the rear spare tyre (AX5 gets steel rim with cover).

Last edited by vij : 12th September 2024 at 07:53.
vij is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks