Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968chensaro View Post
In my opinion, prices of the 4x4 models will be (Ex. Showroom price):

AX5L 4x4 Automatic : 23.0 Lakhs
AX7L 4x4 Automatic : 24.5 Lakhs
Dont see how..
AX5L RWD AT is 19L and
AX7L RWD AT is 20.50L ex showroom.

Charging 4 lakhs for 4x4 hardware is a deal breaker for many as a Jimny will be half price compared to this and people can afford to buy 1 Jimny or one used 3 door thar plus 1 more car for the equivalent price of 1 Thar 5D.

If in Bangalore the Thar 4x4 get close to 30L OTR, it will be a deal breaker for many... in which case people will simply wait for the upgraded 3D thar which will eventually come or Mahindra will simple sell more of the AX5L 4x4 variant which may appear more VFM
originalamit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 11:36   #422
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post

If in Bangalore the Thar 4x4 get close to 30L OTR, it will be a deal breaker for many... in which case people will simply wait for the upgraded 3D thar which will eventually come or Mahindra will simple sell more of the AX5L 4x4 variant which may appear more VFM
True, the AX7 2WD Diesel variant itself comes to ~26 OTR in BLR. So I assume a premium of another 1.5 to 2L for the 4x4 variant. Anything may not sell much

In my view the pricing would depend on the 2WD booking count. I expect a higher percentage of 2WD bookings, then the premium of the 4WD would go up by another lakh.
Old 3rd September 2024, 12:26   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968chensaro View Post
In my opinion, prices of the 4x4 models will be (Ex. Showroom price):
Note 4x4 MT comes with 112 kW engine and also lacks the niche features like Intelliturn & CrawlSmart. So my expected pricing,

MX5 4x4 manual : 18.99 Lakhs
AX7L 4x4 manual : 20.99 Lakhs
AX5L 4x4 Automatic : 21.49 Lakhs
AX7L 4x4 Automatic : 22.99 Lakhs

Add 50k if Mahindra got greedy or Less 50K if Mahindra wants the numbers
Old 3rd September 2024, 12:50   #424
Bit
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoRa View Post
Note 4x4 MT comes with 112 kW engine and also lacks the niche features like Intelliturn & CrawlSmart. So my expected pricing,

MX5 4x4 manual : 18.99 Lakhs
AX7L 4x4 manual : 20.99 Lakhs

Add 50k if Mahindra got greedy or Less 50K if Mahindra wants the numbers
This seems more practical.

Hope Mahindra is reading this.
Bit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 14:12   #425
BHPian

It seems like the vehicles have started reaching dealerships, my friend spotted a Thar Roxx in Deep Forest shade being unloaded from a truck at the dealership.
shivamk11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 14:45   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal View Post
I think by launching 1 Thar Roxx, Mahindra has killed the Thar Brand. Its a Mahindra Blunder. Thar 3 door was exciting because it was impractical and so made a style statement on purchase. But thar roxx launch has made that status symbol linked to thar 3 door, into folloshness. Read the article below to know more how?
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Van...Xra3M4Cl3M/100

Comment what do you think about it.
No, I disagree. IMHO,

Mahindra is following a path similar to what Land Rover did with the Defender brand - Defender has been the best selling model in LR’s lineup since its launch.

While it might seem that the Thar brand has been diluted, remember that its success is not solely due to its off-road capabilities but also its rugged appearance.
MyGoRa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 15:50   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
It seems like the vehicles have started reaching dealerships, my friend spotted a Thar Roxx in Deep Forest shade being unloaded from a truck at the dealership.
Test drives are scheduled to start from mid of September which is about 12 days away. I assume Mahindra is shipping Roxx test drive cars to dealerships, start basic sales training to handle Roxx sales and at the same time keep excitement of people up.

I am waiting to see the Roxx personally before going ahead with another Mahindra booking. The bad roads and waterlogged streets which I have to travel through to get back home on rainy days, pull my mind back to Roxx as BOF would handle bad roads better. 650mm water wading depth would bring peace of mind as I have to go through 150mm waterlogged street when it rains for more than an hour. Someone would be driving at higher speed from opposite direction, creating waves in that 150mm waterlogged street taking water height to 210mm+ at times.
kgt.v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 17:06   #428
BHPian

Hi, Has anyone driven Thar 5 door petrol automatic? I do not see much of videos around this combination. I would like to know more, please share if anyone has any information. Thank you.
Old 3rd September 2024, 18:59   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
The bad roads and waterlogged streets which I have to travel through to get back home on rainy days, pull my mind back to Roxx as BOF would handle bad roads better. 650mm water wading depth would bring peace of mind as I have to go through 150mm waterlogged street when it rains for more than an hour. Someone would be driving at higher speed from opposite direction, creating waves in that 150mm waterlogged street taking water height to 210mm+ at times.
Think twice before you drive in Water logged roads henceforth and do it only if it absolutely necessary and you have no option. Drive as slow as possible and evaluate all alternate roads, follow some one and not drive all alone because we are India.
Old 3rd September 2024, 19:56   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Think twice before you drive in Water logged roads henceforth and do it only if it absolutely necessary and you have no option. Drive as slow as possible and evaluate all alternate roads, follow some one and not drive all alone because we are India.
I drive carefully and at speeds less than 10kmph on waterlogged streets, but at times I don't have any alternative left as alternate route is also in bad shape or is also waterlogged.

I maintain slow speeds on waterlogged areas and follow someone ahead, because who knows what lies underneath the water and I also don't want to splash on other cars (may be someone had their window open), bikes, autorickshaws and make them wet.

Closing this out so we don't hijack Roxx thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoRa View Post
This is very optimistic pricing if Mahindra does not get greedy. If I remember, initial days of Scorpio-N launch there were Z8L variants readily available and people who booked Z8 ended up waiting more than expected.

4XPLOR on Scorpio-N costs about ₹2.1lakh more now. Mahindra charged about ₹2.45 lakh premium for 4XPLOR hardware at launch time as per Scorpio-N booking announcement news on Mahindra site.
kgt.v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 21:18   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Having read the review and watched the videos there is something which I am unable to decipher and need the experts to chime in. Putting them here in form simple questions

1. Can this be a family car for 5 (3 Adults + 2 kids) in terms of comfort levels for city driving and long distance travels ?

2. Given the bread box design (lack of aerodynamics) can this be used for long distance travels or will the drag effect be a deal breaker ?

3. Can this be considered in place of a creta which has become a household name for anybody aspiring for an upgrade ?
I noticed you drive a Baleno. The Thar definitely won't be as nimble around corners.

Question 1: The answer is yes, but it largely depends on driving skills. Since it's built on a ladder frame, it won't be as smooth or supple as your Baleno or Creta.

Question 2: According to some videos, there is some noise, but reviews on Team-BHP suggest it's manageable, especially with music playing.

Question 3: Absolutely not. While it might do well in sales, if you enjoy driving or like a Creta, don't rush into getting a Thar just because it seems to be popular. The Harrier would be a better upgrade in terms of engine performance, driving dynamics, and interior quality. Comparing the Thar Roxx to a Creta is like comparing apples to oranges.

I recommend you test drive it before investing 2 million in any of these options.

On a different note, I saw a Thar Roxx (Test vehicle) in person this Sunday.

It was apparently being driven by a Mahindra official, though I spoke to the driver since the owner was not around.

Chatted with the driver to get a sense of how it handles. He was busy on a video call, showing the Thar to some friends and explaining that it’s the new Thar and they kept asking kaunsa Thar - Paanch door wala?

When I asked him what other car he (Sahab) drives, he mentioned the XUV 700. I then asked him for a comparison, and he said he drove the Thar from Malad to Colaba which is a decent mix of highway, traffic and city roads. His response was, "Theek thak hai, wo thoda smooth hai, yeh hilta dulta hai." It seemed like he was excited about it, but the driving dynamics were pretty much what you'd expect from a body-on-frame vehicle, though slightly improved.

Attaching some pics which showcases how it might look if used as a daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar Roxx Review-thar-roxx1.jpg  

Mahindra Thar Roxx Review-thar-roxx2.jpg  

Mahindra Thar Roxx Review-thar-roxx3.jpg  

Last edited by Warwin : 3rd September 2024 at 21:38.
Warwin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 22:09   #432
BHPian

As per updated brochure, AX5L AT RWD and AX7L AT RWD gets highest engine tune.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf THAR-ROXX-Brochure (1).pdf (10.55 MB, 59 views)
VRSriram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 00:25   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
As per updated brochure, AX5L AT RWD and AX7L AT RWD gets highest engine tune.
I was searching for 0-100 figures of 4*4 version just to know how the additional power transformed the figures in real life but couldn’t find one.

But now it’s not required as all the reviewers did 0-100 timing in Ax7 L versions which has 175 hp.
puntolover is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 01:01   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Hi, Has anyone driven Thar 5 door petrol automatic? I do not see much of videos around this combination. I would like to know more, please share if anyone has any information. Thank you.
Here you go:
Torque_Curve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 08:26   #435
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwin View Post
Attaching some pics which showcases how it might look if used as a daily driver.
This is the worst color for me. The best colors are White and Red.
And yes, Thar is a different kind of vehicle to Crossovers, some may prefer it, some not - but noone should misunderstand its positives as well as its negatives.
vij is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks