Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2024, 21:15   #226
vij
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Roxx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Scorpio is a bigger brand than Thar as of now and I believe Mahindra will continue to invest in building Scorpio brand. Previous gen Scorpio is sold along with Scorpio-N and both Scorpio have kept sales register ringing for Mahindra for past 2 years almost. When I travel to norther state I start seeing more Scorpio and Scorpio-N and few 3-door Thars.
Mahindra sells 12k Scorpios and 5-6k Thars per month. But the latter is a 3 door that has obvious disadvantages. Imagine what the Thar and Thar Roxx can do together. They can easily do 10-12k per month IMO

Last edited by vij : 22nd August 2024 at 21:17.
Old 22nd August 2024, 21:24   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
This M_GLYDE platform seems to have bigger role to play in upcoming SUVs. There seems to have been significant changes over Scorpio-N chassis and suspension bits.

We TBhpians would appreciate if you could put down this wonderful informational technical explanation video in bullet points . This would help reach wider audience and educate us further more on Thar Roxx's underlying mechanical bits.
Why not use Gemini AI latest features who have it enabled on their phone and get summarised bullets and complete transcribe of Roxx technical video.
Old 22nd August 2024, 21:52   #228
BANNED

If one product that will go extinct is Scorpio classic. The design, which was very unique till date, helped its survival with minor updates for two decades. M&M almost forgotten it and moved away from it. It deserves an update, with high quality materials making it a premium product should not be a problem.

It could be a real SUV that can attract several past owners like me. Why not make it a product against Fortuner and take one more product globally without much resemblance of Jeep?
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 22:19   #229
BHPian

Out of all the >20L SUVs from Tata and M&M, the Roxx lacks clean lines and design cohesiveness the most. The 700, Scorpio-N, 3D Thar, Safari and the Harrier are all lookers. I have been on the fence for a Scorpio-N for a while now. Hopefully, the masses will now flock to the Roxx and I can get a good deal on the N. The N is a far more functional and aesthetically pleasing vehicle and I think in the long run this will play out in sales numbers as well once the initial euphoria is over. Also, if you want a competent tourer then the AWD 700 can't be beat. I am looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Good times for the customer for sure!

Last edited by yd_gli : 22nd August 2024 at 22:20. Reason: grammar
yd_gli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 00:38   #230
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Out of all the >20L SUVs from Tata and M&M, the Roxx lacks clean lines and design cohesiveness the most.
Out of all the >20L SUVs from Tata and M&M, the Roxx packs the offroading capability the most.
Bit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 07:58   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Out of all the >20L SUVs from Tata and M&M, the Roxx packs the offroading capability the most.
I'm so happy to hear this. Would like a benchmark on capability even with 1 crore SUV's!

Last edited by dhanushs : 23rd August 2024 at 08:23.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 08:22   #232
BHPian

Now what is cooking here, a Thar Roxx made in FNG. May be it is the same body shell seen at Delhi, Mayapuri, or different.

Last edited by gsratta : 23rd August 2024 at 08:24.
gsratta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 09:28   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partha379 View Post
I have a question around the intelli-turn assist. I have seen the videos of its demonstration and wondering about the amount of stress it puts on the inner-rear wheel. Mr Velusamy had told in one of the videos that its not just on loose soil, it can/will on normal roads (low speeds only). Given the weight of the vehicle, won't the tires have a tough time when dragged around like this?
The turn assist function can be enabled in 4 low only. And that's largely a situation in off road conditions where there's unlikely any tarmac unless one is calling upon the feature on a rocky path or on paved surface.

Even then, these AT tyres, especially the MRF Wanderer, can take a lot of abuse than one can imagine. And Roxx is a purpose built vehicle to take on the rough and tough too. Such a thing is business as usual.

In fact, this feature is a super boon. I would say it's a safety feature too for many a times one has to make tight U turns at the edge of a ravine or gorge with 2-3 point turns. The below picture depicts one such setting. This is the perfect situation to make the turn in one go with Intelli Turn Assist.

Mahindra Thar Roxx Review-20230818_101743.jpg

On a lighter note, the li'l Jimny needs this feature than Thar and Roxx. Not many know that it has a larger turning radius than Thar .

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd August 2024 at 09:31.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 09:33   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partha379 View Post
I have a question around the intelli-turn assist. I have seen the videos of its demonstration and wondering about the amount of stress it puts on the inner-rear wheel. Mr Velusamy had told in one of the videos that its not just on loose soil, it can/will on normal roads (low speeds only). Given the weight of the vehicle, won't the tires have a tough time when dragged around like this?

OT: I understand Tamil and have seen every video of Mr Velusamy wrt Thar roxx, can try and translate things from the video if any specific questions are there.
For Intelliturn to work you will have to be in one of the terrain modes which you are driving on. Snow,Gravel/Mud,Rut/Sand. Each of these terrain modes will have a different surface mu and characteristics and based on that caliberation on how to create the yaw moment to turn the car..

Last edited by dhanushs : 23rd August 2024 at 09:41.
dhanushs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 09:56   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
THE intended USP for the Roxx is the design and not offroading capability. I'd wager that the RWD will sell far more than the 4x4. What % of the masses buy a car for its off-roading prowess? The masses buy a car for its design language and overall functionality which is what my post was about. And what incremental off-roading capabilities are achieved by shifting from an 4x4 N to a Roxx? Unless you're off into the boonies every other day the additional benefits of a better part time 4x4 are irrelevant. The full time AWD makes far more sense for the average Joe.

And I do have a 3D 4x4 Thar and a Hexa. The Hexa has gotten me to and back from all of the off road destinations I have been to. The Thar is just for the jollies.

Last edited by yd_gli : 23rd August 2024 at 09:59.
yd_gli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 10:10   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
For Intelliturn to work you will have to be in one of the terrain modes which you are driving on. Snow,Gravel/Mud,Rut/Sand.
Probably OT and more probably confidential too. But will you know if the off road equipment will trickle down to the base variants as well ? Please feel free not to respond.

Probably sometime down the line, Mahindra should work on a hardcore off-road variant ( trail rated ) to keep the off road enthusiasts happy
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:05   #237
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Out of all the >20L SUVs from Tata and M&M, the Roxx lacks clean lines and design cohesiveness the most. The N is a far more functional and aesthetically pleasing vehicle and I think in the long run this will play out in sales numbers as well once the initial euphoria is over.
Hmm I suppose many have your opinion. I for one love the Roxx design, but in white. The so called weirdness becomes style and character in lighter colors with the black contrast claddings and roof.

And honestly Scorpio N doesn't do it for me in terms of design, so plain jane and boring that one is, especially the rear. But yeah Safari, Harrier, and even 700 all look great.

Last edited by vij : 23rd August 2024 at 11:08.
vij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:14   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Hmm I suppose many have your opinion. I for one love the Roxx design, but in white. The so called weirdness becomes style and character in lighter colors with the black contrast claddings and roof.

And honestly Scorpio N doesn't do it for me in terms of design, so plain jane and boring that one is, especially the rear. But yeah Safari, Harrier, and even 700 all look great.
Echo your thoughts, loved the lighter colors, especially white.

On the Scorpio N, even I felt the same, but a simple alloy swap with a slightly upsized tyres does wonders, even more pronounced on the white color.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd August 2024 at 11:28.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:26   #239
mxx
BHPian

A question for those whose were at the media drive and related events. Is a petrol 4x4 coming later? Or is it completely ruled out?
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 11:30   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
A question for those whose were at the media drive and related events. Is a petrol 4x4 coming later? Or is it completely ruled out?
In one of the interviews (Saw in Tamil), Velusamy was saying there is no technical restriction - but just product planning and priorities didn't allow it now.
partha379 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks