Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2024, 22:14   #211
BHPian

Re: Citroen Basalt Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Citroen or PSA 1.2 Puretech Petrol engine (Turbo and Non-Turbo) is apparently a big nightmare with respect to reliability on all the European forums. The main cause for concern is the wet type timing belt that gets rapidly deteriorated due to its inherent design. I did not come across any of out Indian reviewers highlight this fact.

Unless the design has changed for India (highly unlikely), this car should not be on the shopping list of anyone.
Well, the wet type timing belt has been replaced with a chain, an year ago as per the Stellantis statement. So, I believe this issue has been taken care of, as per the reddit conversation though...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarTalkUK/c...e_the_dreaded/

The best way to tell if your car is fitted with a wet belt is to check inside the engine. If it is fitted with a standard timing belt then it will be on the outside of the engine and should be visible when observing

Last edited by ashkamath : 13th September 2024 at 22:18.
ashkamath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 17:50   #212

Hello all,

I recently got my new Basalt Max Turbo AT DT top model delivered. However a weird/feature I came across.

The reverse light won't come on for driver's side. Initially, I thought it was a fuse issue and contacted sales person. He consulted on phone with someone and confirmed that only passenger's side reverse light would come on in Basalt. Not driver sides.

Unable to find any references for this online. However, some forums do have C3 Aircross listed with driver's side reverse light as turned off, and only being used as fog lamp - the reasoning why, is beyond me!

Anyone got any clues why it could be like that?
samdm is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 22:37   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdm View Post
The reverse light won't come on for driver's side. Initially, I thought it was a fuse issue and contacted sales person. He consulted on phone with someone and confirmed that only passenger's side reverse light would come on in Basalt. Not driver sides.
First of all congratulations on the new car, possibly the first Basalt on team bhp.

Unfortunately the reverse lamp is only one one side, even i noticed the same while taking the test drive as we were parking in a dark corner and we immediately realized it. its nothing else but cost cutting, few cars in the past also had this "feature" i remember the Ford ikon to be one of them.

However i am sure you will enjoy the drive, we had a blast driving the vehicle even though it was a short drive, for reference i drive a Scorpio N petrol but to be honest i had more fun driving the basalt.

Keep us posted on your journey...

P.S : the vehicle i drove was already run for 10k kms , not a single rattle anywhere.
Gaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 22:52   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
First of all congratulations on the new car, possibly the first Basalt on team bhp.

Unfortunately the reverse lamp is only one one side, even i noticed the same while taking the test drive as we were parking in a dark corner and we immediately realized it. its nothing else but cost cutting, few cars in the past also had this "feature" i remember the Ford ikon to be one of them.

However i am sure you will enjoy the drive, we had a blast driving the vehicle even though it was a short drive, for reference i drive a Scorpio N petrol but to be honest i had more fun driving the basalt.

Keep us posted on your journey...

P.S : the vehicle i drove was already run for 10k kms , not a single rattle anywhere.
Thanks for the wishes and assuring words.

Yes indeed. I checked the manual and this is indeed a 'feature'

I guess I will have to live with it now. Look forward to good ownership experience 😊
samdm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 12:56   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Well, the wet type timing belt has been replaced with a chain, an year ago as per the Stellantis statement. So, I believe this issue has been taken care of, as per the reddit conversation though...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarTalkUK/c...e_the_dreaded/

The best way to tell if your car is fitted with a wet belt is to check inside the engine. If it is fitted with a standard timing belt then it will be on the outside of the engine and should be visible when observing
Looks like Basalt is equipped with timing chain going by the user maintenance warranty booklet from Citroen.Citroen Basalt Review-basalt-1.png

Citroen Basalt Review-basalt-2.png

https://ds-prod.citroen.in/static-as...V5XzEMTvycSvo=
Whiteburner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 13:23   #216
BHPian

Quote:
This is not specific to Basalt or even Citroen. It's an industry trend - a trend detested by users, similar to touch screens. (example conversations: . (Why do some cars have a single reversing light???) and here)
the.city is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 13:39   #217

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

It's unofficial but I heard from my source that Citroen Basalt scored 4 stars in the GNCAP (or some other NCAP) not sure how true it is. They will announce that news soon it seems. Even the C3 Aircross will be sent for testing soon and the C3 in about 2 months time.
(Excuse typos)

First time I've typed on team bhp

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th September 2024 at 21:13. Reason: Clean up edits. Please proofread your posts before submitting.
SARP912 is offline   (10) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 17th September 2024, 14:11   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

I recently got my new Basalt Max Turbo AT DT top model delivered. However a weird/feature I came across.

Unable to find any references for this online. However, some forums do have C3 Aircross listed with driver's side reverse light as turned off, and only being used as fog lamp - the reasoning why, is beyond me!

Anyone got any clues why it could be like that?
Congrats on the purchase. What were the other choices before finalizing on the Basalt?
Do consider writing an ownership thread with complete details.
Unfortunately the reverse light cost cutting is quite common, even the etios has this i believe. So its not specific any brands as such.
I drove the C3 aircross AT and was might impressed by it, waiting for the Basalt TD soon.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 17:17   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARP912 View Post
It's unofficial but I heard from my source that Citroen basalt scored 4 stars in the gncap(or some other ncap)not sure how true it is. They will announce that news soon it seems.
Even the c3 aircross will be sent for testing soon and the the c3 in about 2 months time.
(Excuse typos)
First time I've typed on team bhp
European cars will have one reverse light and the equivalent other side would be for reverse fog lamp. If you have a fog lamp switch, turn it on and see if the other side comes on.
Old 18th September 2024, 15:38   #220
BHPian

Today I took a test drive for CITROEN BASALT today.

Citroen Basalt Review-whatsapp-image-20240918-3.33.52-pm.jpeg

Citroen Basalt Review-whatsapp-image-20240918-3.33.44-pm.jpeg

Positives:
- I really liked the ride quality of this vehicle. This is a big positive for this car.
- Engine and Gearbox Combo is also very good.
- Rear Seats are good.
- AC is really good.
- Car is very spacious.
- There is no Sunroof on offer and that is the biggest positive for this car.
All Car manufacturers should offer a TOP end of Mid Automatic Variant without Sunroof.

Negatives:
- The Cruise Control is missing. Its available in under 10 lakhs cars these days.
- For my liking, the front row seats have very less under thigh support. This is a deal breaker for me. I can compromise on features, but I cannot compromise on my driving comfort.
- Lack of Dealership and Service Center in our Area. There is only 1 Dealer and 1 Service Center nearby Faridabad which is also far quite off from our location. For any minor issue, I will have to travel 70 kms up and down (Faridabad to Gurugram and vice-versa) to reach out to the Service Center/dealership.

However, I really liked the overall drive and feel of Basalt. Going further, I would personally like to take a test-drive of the NEWLY UPDATED 5-seater C3 AIRCROSS (which is now coming with 6 airbags). Need to observe the under-thigh support of the AIRCROSS.

To finalize my decision for buying CITROEN. Since the under-thigh support for Driver seat of this Basalt car is very less in comparison.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 18th September 2024 at 16:00.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 19:28   #221

Even I am eagerly waiting for C3 Aircross 2024, as per the local dealer here C3Aircross will be launched by month end.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th September 2024 at 19:33. Reason: i->I
Old 18th September 2024, 19:56   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Congrats on the purchase. What were the other choices before finalizing on the Basalt?
Do consider writing an ownership thread with complete details.
Unfortunately the reverse light cost cutting is quite common, even the etios has this i believe. So its not specific any brands as such.
I drove the C3 aircross AT and was might impressed by it, waiting for the Basalt TD soon.
Absolutely, will write up the journey to my first car ownership which is a story in itself. I had eyes on everything right from Magnite to Tiguan

How I ended up with Basalt is straight forward story with typical cluelessness of a newbie car wannabe laced

Last edited by samdm : 18th September 2024 at 20:01.
samdm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2024, 09:30   #223
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I went and spent a little time with the Citroen Basalt.
Yes it feels well put together for sure. The boot is humongous and very reminiscent of the big hatch of the Skoda Superb, Octavia and Laura.
However, all these coupe SUV’s are severely lacking in headroom at the rear.
As a person who is 6 feet 2 inches tall, I find only about 1cm of headroom if sat in the rear.
This means if the driver goes over a bad pothole or speed bump, I shall be risking my neck (quite literally).
The same issue is present in the Ciaz whose roofline slopes sharply in a downward curve at the rear.
It is the same in the Citroen Basalt.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen Basalt Review-img_3819.jpeg  

Citroen Basalt Review-img_3820.jpeg  

Citroen Basalt Review-img_3822.jpeg  

Citroen Basalt Review-img_3817.jpeg  

Citroen Basalt Review-img_3818.jpeg  

shankar.balan is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2024, 13:32   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I went and spent a little time with the Citroen Basalt.
Yes it feels well put together for sure. The boot is humongous and very reminiscent of the big hatch of the Skoda Superb, Octavia and Laura.
However, all these coupe SUV’s are severely lacking in headroom at the rear.
As a person who is 6 feet 2 inches tall, I find only about 1cm of headroom if sat in the rear.
This means if the driver goes over a bad pothole or speed bump, I shall be risking my neck (quite literally).
The same issue is present in the Ciaz whose roofline slopes sharply in a downward curve at the rear.
It is the same in the Citroen Basalt.
At least you have 1cm room left in Basalt, good sir. Try Curvv and let me know how it goes

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd September 2024 at 13:47. Reason: Minor spacing edit
samdm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2024, 08:18   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
There is no Sunroof on offer and that is the biggest positive for this car.
All Car manufacturers should offer a TOP end of Mid Automatic Variant without Sunroo
I totally agree! Sunroof are a misplaced priority. I won't waste time ranting on how irresponsible parents allow unsafe access by kids.

Yes, I wonder why (?) OEMs don’t offer non-sunroof model parallel to the top model. Any inputs?

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th September 2024 at 08:23. Reason: Added quote tags to the referenced post for context.
carhead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks