Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 16:24   #121
BHPian

Re: 2024 Nissan X-Trail Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
The engine capacity (1.5L) getting bashed up seems a little unjust as the BMW X1 petrol also has a 1.5 litre turbo 3 cylinder and even that starts at 49.5L ex-showroom.
The X1 petrol was bashed even more if my memory serves me right.
darkgamer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:31   #122
BHPian

Ohh God! How high are they! May be they can sell what they are smoking for 49.92 lakhs
InControl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:31   #123
Senior - BHPian

And it's dead on arrival just as expected. Wondering if they imported them as part of some tax saving scheme where they will hold on to it for a year or two to show depreciation and then silently sell them off for some 20L to avoid taxes on the sales of their other cars.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:32   #124
BHPian

Those who purchase this or a 60l Superb are cordially invited to a complimentary medical consultation at my hospital.

Nissan, please refrain from being overly influenced by your former leader, Carlos Ghosn, and his audacious actions. I kindly request that you reconsider your pricing strategy for the X-trail
lemedico is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:37   #125
BHPian

Hahahaha.

When it comes to getting the pricing expectations right, Team-bhp members get it, every auto journalist gets it, random folks who comment on social media get it, I'm sure even the sales rep at Nissan dealerships get it, but Nissan India does not. Now, how is that possible even after soo many people expressing what might be the max they'd be ready to shell out for the X-Trail?
freakmuzik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:54   #126
BHPian

That's the difference between Japanese companies and rest of the world, in terms of automobiles. Japanese simply don't compromise on profits at all. Long term plans, building brand in the market at expense of profits (like Ford,GM,VW,MG)? Nope; they don't do that. Same with Yamaha. They will be happy with less volumes but won't accept loss. Same with Toyota. I can name many examples. I understand the quality over quantity argument but in today's competitive world where Chinese onslaught is imminent in each and every segment, this philosophy will soon become redundant (see what happened to smartphone division of SONY).
Flyingdutchman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:55   #127
BHPian

This is just plain ridiculous! Add GST etc to the pricing and the car will cross 50L easily. I think they are not interested in sales but just in showcasing their product. Wonder what good that's going to do for their bottomline in India!. Nissan, get serious in the Indian market or get ready to shut shop.
Old 1st August 2024, 16:56   #128
Senior - BHPian

Good god.
I find the pricing of the Fortune galling but at least Toyota knows it has certain Indian consumers wrapped round it's fingers.
I've been increasingly irritated by the abandon with which the Germans have steadily priced up their own premium offerings for not much more in return but again, there's a segment of consumers who are willing to put up with it still and so they get away with it.

So for Nissan, a brand with piddling cache amongst consumers here, to have the temerity to price this at 50L ex showroom is absolutely staggering. This is quite possibly the most egregiously tone deaf recent pricing debacle I can think of. Small wonder the lot of us on here are absolutely incredulous. I'm honestly muttering in disbelief here. This has to be corporate hara Kiri. Why else would they do this?
ads11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
About 10 Lakhs over Kodiaq, Tiguan and on par with the top-end Fortuner. And over 15 Lakhs over Tuscon. And with no redeeming qualities. Damn this is like the person who scored -180 in NEET. It seems like Nissan made a list of features that Indians wanted and purposefully ignored each and every single item in it.
Wait, no. The X-Trail is 15 lakh pricier than the Fortuner 4X2 AT Petrol. Quite a letdown for a SUV that drives so well. Nissan should've done better. 29.99 was what they should have gone for. They'd have lost some money but that'll do a lot more for the brand than what it'll cost to mitigate the negative publicity.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 16:58   #130
BHPian

I'd rather buy 10 Magnites in that price.
Keep 2 of them for family usage and rent the rest out to Taxi aggregators and make money of them.
Nissan has totally and royally lost it with this pricing.
Selling a generation old car with a 50+ lakh price tag is insanity.
maverick.munish is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:11   #131
BHPian

49.92L ex-showroom would be more than 60L+ on-road Bengaluru, people laughed when BMW launched the new X1 with a 3 pot 1.5L at this price point, what was Nissan thinking?

They have also made a TVC for this launch, I am doubtful whether they will recover at least the money spent on marketing this car. If they manage to sell at least 1 out of the 150 cars allotted, I would like to meet the person who bought that car.
G13BB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:17   #132
BHPian

I don't think Nissan wants to sell this car. Since it is a CBU the uncommon parts availability/procurement will be time consuming. Nissan just wants bragging rights that their SUV is in the price range of Fortuner. Magnite has been reasonably successful which shows if Nissan puts their heart into the Indian market they can be successful. Should have priced this car reasonably.

Important features missing No they don't want to sell it.
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:30   #133
BHPian

Okay, tell me a joke.

- BMW X-trail launched at Rs 49.92 Lakhs.
* Damn! X-trail ain't a BMW, it's a Nissan!
- Isn't the X series BMW's line of SUVs? The price tells me so
PB65 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:35   #134
BHPian

Looks like pricing and engine choice are inspired from BMW X1 petrol. I'm sure there will be someone who is willing to buy this, I want to meet that person and understand their pov. Even if someone buy this, after couple of years if they want to sell, how will they find the new buyer who is interested in this car for such exorbitant prices. Looks like Nisan India want to compensate all the money they have given to the soldout youtubers and reviewers who are praising this car non-stop, and couldn't find a single con.

Hope Skoda/Vw/Toyota doesn't get inspiration from this atrocious pricing.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 1st August 2024 at 17:37.
Old 1st August 2024, 17:36   #135

This is Toyota masking as Nissan to justify the pricing of fortuner, good game Toyota.
kd_r16 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks