Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2024, 14:28   #976

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Can anyone with AX5 or AX5L (which have working Wireless Android Auto) confirm what is the software version installed in their infotainment unit ? (This information is obtained by clicking about 8 times on the settings gear icon on home screen)

The version installed in my AX7L is 09.01.01 (listed as "Current Package Version") based on Android 11.
I'm just wondering if this is same or different from that installed on AX5/AX5L

Still awaiting the update which will enable Android Auto. Alexa is already working, but it is not of much practical use.
Old 7th September 2024, 00:58   #977
BHPian

Question for current owners- How is the Audio experience in AX5 and AX7 with and without Herman Kardon Setup? With the NVH level at 80/100 kmph speed is it something one would enjoy?

For reference I am an audiophile and expecting a high level of music listening experience during long drives. My current car is 5th gen Honda City zx AT which has the most terrible Audio setup.
Strider24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 05:59   #978

The Herman Kardon setup is sufficient enough for me. I am doing a daily run of around 200km, for most of which i'm driving around 80 to 90kmph. With the Bluetooth music sound level at barely 12 to 13 (which is around midway to the max volume), the system provides crisp and clear sound output and almost no outside road noise is audible over that (except big vehicles nearby/horns of course).
I'm no audiophile though. So the best way to judge if the system is up to your requirements or not would be to listen to it yourself on a test drive.
Also, the system tends to put all the equaliser bars to the minimum value sometimes , which decreases the sound output. One has to manualy pull all the equaliser tabs upwards then. Might have something to do with the setting which adjusts volume according to speed of the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Question for current owners- How is the Audio experience in AX5 and AX7 with and without Herman Kardon Setup? With the NVH level at 80/100 kmph speed is it something one would enjoy?

For reference I am an audiophile and expecting a high level of music listening experience during long drives. My current car is 5th gen Honda City zx AT which has the most terrible Audio setup.
Sphenoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 09:06   #979
BHPian

Quote:

Hello, AX5 owner here. I have taken the car out a 6 or 7 long drives and have listened to various genre of music. The AX5 audio sounds ordinary even to me who is not an audiophile. You will not find the AX5 music system to be satisfactory.
TwinBishop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 10:24   #980

Quote:
As an audiophile myself, I noticed that during the test drive of AX5L AT, the audio output felt mostly bland when the car was stationary as I was trying out different genres. However, once I started driving, the sound felt alright. It wasn't great, but it didn't bother me while on the road. One may not give full attention to the audio quality while driving a car. Hence I consider this to be a decent audio setup.
im_revhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 11:17   #981
BHPian

Re: XUV 3XO Engine after 2.2K & Service Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
If you want to get rid of the service reminder......
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
For the Thar service alert removals.....
Thank you, gentlemen! Didn't know it was as easy as that. The service reminder is now gone.

There are many youtube videos for this. What you need to do is put the key in the ignition but keep it in off position.
Hold the Enter button down and turn the ignition to ACC postion.
Let the needles do the sweep and let go of the Enter button.
Thats it. No idea why the service guys leave it on.

Last edited by Roy.S : 7th September 2024 at 11:32. Reason: Typo
Roy.S is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 21:54   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
Hey guys,
I visited my dealership stockyard this morning hoping to complete PDI of my 3XO real quick, only to come back disappointed. There were multiple issues with the car/dealership and I'm starting to think if this a message from the Universe to push me away from 3XO & M&M .
Update on my booking/cancellation:
- On 20th Aug, I notice my booking got changed to a different variant (AX7L to AX5). Sales advisor had no clue on how it got changed.

- On 28th Aug, I get an email & WhatsApp msg asking for feedback/reason for cancelling my booking (which I did not initiate). Sales advisor still claims they didn't initiate the cancellation. Their website states I cancelled due to purchase of another Mahindra vehicle

- Wrote to customer care and received their usual "we are looking into it" reply even after 2 follow ups. I thought Tata dealers were the worst so far, but M&M proved me wrong here

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240907_120558262.png
250Nm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 22:14   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
Update on my booking/cancellation:
- On 20th Aug, I notice my booking got changed to a different variant (AX7L to AX5). Sales advisor had no clue on how it got changed.

- On 28th Aug, I get an email & WhatsApp msg asking for feedback/reason for cancelling my booking (which I did not initiate). Sales advisor still claims they didn't initiate the cancellation. Their website states I cancelled due to purchase of another Mahindra vehicle
I see that universe is conspiring to push you away from 3X0 & M&M.
AX7L is their top variant and M&M should be happy and welcome your booking. I don't think any car manufacturer will be happy to see it's potential customer switch from top variant to a lower variant.

AX7L to AX5 basically means TGDi engine to TCMPFi engine. Is Mahindra running behind on TGDi engine production and wants to switch a customer's booking to cover it's short coming? And then cancel the booking as they are flooded with thousands of bookings that they are unable to fulfill?

Something is wrong somewhere. Daal mein kuch kaala hai.

Last edited by ashkamath : 7th September 2024 at 22:19.
ashkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 22:46   #984
BHPian

I booked my AX5L on 22 May. Got an email from sales folks of dealer (Sireesh Auto Bangalore) that they will not be able to fulfill my delivery until next month. It's frustrating and disappointing from Mahindra. They assured 2 months delivery when I booked, whereas it looks like they'll be unable to fulfill even in 4 months. I'm planning to move to other car.
lightfootdriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 22:55   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
I booked my AX5L on 22 May. Got an email from sales folks of dealer (Sireesh Auto Bangalore) that they will not be able to fulfill my delivery until next month. It's frustrating and disappointing from Mahindra. They assured 2 months delivery when I booked, whereas it looks like they'll be unable to fulfill even in 4 months. I'm planning to move to other car.
Same even for me after waiting for more than 80 days the dealer now states that the car cannot be delivered until early November

Now I’m seriously considering to switch to Curvv as the price is relatively close.
Old 7th September 2024, 22:59   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
I have a quirky thought.
The Mahindras are totally focused on the new 5 door Thar ROXX.. And it appears all their energy and focus is on making the Thar ROXX the next big thing, the next great success in Indian automotive history..

Is Mahindra sacrificing the lesser 3X0 over their new favourite ROXX? Afterall Mahindra is known for butch SUVs more than compact sub 4 mtr pseudo SUVs.

Is Mahindra trying to chew more than they can swallow? I am hearing from many quarters that XUV 3X0 cars waiting list is growing by the day. On one side, we hear that there's huge unsold inventory of cars and car sales have reduced this year and then we hear that there's a waiting list of many months for 3X0, XUV700, Thar etc. Where's the truth ?

Last edited by ashkamath : 7th September 2024 at 23:04.
Old 7th September 2024, 23:04   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I have a quirky thought.
The Mahindras are totally focused on the new 5 door Thar ROXX.. And it appears all their energy and focus is on making the Thar ROXX the next big thing, the next great success in Indian automotive history..

Is Mahindra sacrificing the lesser 3X0 over their new favourite ROXX? Afterall Mahindra is known for butch SUVs more than compact sub 4 mtr pseudo SUVs.

Is Mahindra trying to chew more than they can swallow? I don't know. I am just guessing here.
Yep even I had the same thought the profit margins of the Thar Roxx will be definitely higher than 3XO.
I don’t think they’ll increase the production capacity and it will remain constant at 9k units per month.
The only change that they have made is previously they were manufacturing 50% diesel and 50% petrol but now it’s 80% petrol and 20% diesel since no one is buying diesel

Also the waiting time has increased from 10 weeks to 16-20 weeks since the orders for 3XO has exceeded 1 lakh
Tensor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2024, 19:35   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

My brother in law is planning to pick up a C-SUV and he is fixated on 3XO. We took a test drive today. He had fixed up the test drive timings. The car was brought to home for a test drive. It was a black AX7 Petrol TDGi automatic.

I drove it for about 10 kms on highway and a couple of kms inside city. I'm amazed at the engine-gearbox combo. It is so well mated. Slot it into D and remove foot from brake pedal and the car starts moving slowly. There was no lag that I could feel inside city. On the highway, it builds up speed too quickly and effortlessly. The turbo push that I feel in my diesel Brezza wasn't there, maybe I was babying the car. Overtaking was a breeze. There are so many gizmos in it. He had chosen AX5L but now he is planning on AX7 as this variant misses out on ADAS and 360° camera (which is there in AX5L) but the interiors are great. AX7 also has front parking sensors which were very helpful in narrows lanes.

It is overall a great package and at around 16.2L, this is a much better package than Brezza ZXi+ AT. I recently drove Brezza ZXi+ AT and it can't hold a candle to 3XO.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_20240908_193301.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiorsuresh View Post
Can you please describe more about the differences you felt between AX7 AT and the Brezza ZXI+ AT.
Brezza ZXi+ AT

Pros -
1. It's a Maruti so no hassle in finding a service centre.
2. Mileage is better as it's a NA engine.
3. More gizmos like 360° camera, HUD, pedal shifters etc.

Cons -
1. Lethargic engine.
2. Overtaking needs to be planned in advance.
3. Pedal shifters help in increasing engine noise than speed.
4. Lack of 3 point ELR seatbelts on rear bench for middle passenger.
5. Not as well built as the Mahindra.

Mahindra 3XO AX7 AT -

Pros -
1. Lovely engine and gearbox combo.
2. Overtaking is a breeze, just a gentle tap on accelerator pedal and you're good to go.
3. The power delivery is linear.
4. Cabin is silent.
5. 3 point ELR seatbelts for all passengers in rear bench.

Cons -
1. Service is a hit or miss.
2. Mileage is poor as it's a turbo petrol. The test drive car was showing 8kmpl.
3. Lack of 360° camera but that is somewhat negated by the presence of front parking sensors. No HUD or pedal shifters.

Boot space is subjective and so is the sunroof. Brezza has a single pane sunroof, same as AX5 whereas AX7 and above has a dual pane panoramic sunroof.

If I've to pick up between these 2, my pick will be the 3XO.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th September 2024 at 14:06. Reason: As requested.
BoneCollector is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2024, 07:29   #989
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody confirm if the Automatic transmission oil in 3XO is "Sealed for Life" or is to be replaced at specific intervals?

Last edited by mercedised : 9th September 2024 at 07:30.
Old 9th September 2024, 09:06   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Can anybody confirm if the Automatic transmission oil in 3XO is "Sealed for Life" or is to be replaced at specific intervals?
Name:  Screenshot 20240909 085948.png
Views: 66
Size:  9.1 KB

Above picture is taken from the owner's manual section on general maintenance (Sec 12.6). Does not mention transmission oil as part of general maintenance. Also the phrase "transmission oil" does not appear anywhere in the manual.

Looks like it is not an item to be replaced at regular intervals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks