Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2024, 17:51   #931
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fravia View Post
Gentlemen, I am in a fix. I have a 2 month old booking for AX5L and no one really has a clue when the delivery will be. Today, there were some discounts running on Skoda website and I have booked a Signature Slavia 1.5 DSG which I can get in 2 weeks. I will love the engine and gearbox, but in terms of features, it is a regressive move even over my previous Altroz XZ. Thoughts?
Hi Fravia, a car is something that's huge capital investment and it's for keeps for a very long period (I keep a car through its full life time). Then there's spares cost, availability, service network & resale value to consider. Thus it's much more complicated than other purchases, such as an AC, Fridge or TV.

If you have two minds with Slavia Signature, it means somewhere in the mind you are not completely happy with it for whatever reason.

I would rather wait for a car that suits my requirement, taste and budget than go for another one due to sheer frustration or compulsion of not getting the original car in time.

AX5L is a great feature loaded car with VFM proposition. Hold on for a while. Don't take a hasty decision that you could come to regret when looking back in coming days.

Even with Skoda, next year is their 25th year in India. They have some great plans and offers coming up. Diwali period and December month are also great time to avail some hefty discount on choice cars. Over that the Skoda Sub 4 Mtr compact SUV will be launched around the turn of this year. And I heard that's an SUV to look forward to. Skoda is a late entrant to compact SUV segment and they have studied all their competitors and making necessary changes in their new product, the Skoda Kylaq and coming with a bang. That's worth a wait too.

I would suggest you to wait for a while and you could get your AX5L or Skoda Slavia (with a much greater discount). Don't hurry with these purchases. It's raining discount everywhere.
ashkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 21:26   #932

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamathsonline View Post
As mentioned by someone in an earlier post, though the AX5 models are VFM for customers, the MX3 models seem to be high margin for Mahindra and hence it is being manufactured more and sold.
I have seen many AX5's immediately available for delivery in Chennai M&M motors.

It may be because different stock availability at different dealers and locations
Old 24th August 2024, 22:12   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fravia View Post
Gentlemen, I am in a fix. I have a 2 month old booking for AX5L and no one really has a clue when the delivery will be. Today, there were some discounts running on Skoda website and I have booked a Signature Slavia 1.5 DSG which I can get in 2 weeks. I will love the engine and gearbox, but in terms of features, it is a regressive move even over my previous Altroz XZ. Thoughts?
Even I thought of cancelling my AX5L AT and buy Slavia signature but quickly I realised that along with a ton of feature miss, 1.0L engine is weaker compared to 3XOs TGDI
114 hp 178 nm vs 130 hp 250 nm

And finally came to a conclusion that there is absolutely no car in the market as of now to compete with features, performance and ride quality of XUV 3XO AX5L AT in the similar price range hence the long waiting period.

Last edited by Tensor : 24th August 2024 at 22:15.
Old 25th August 2024, 09:52   #934

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToDrive2404 View Post
I have seen many AX5's immediately available for delivery in Chennai M&M motors.

It may be because different stock availability at different dealers and locations
I have booked AX5L at MM Chennai and waiting for update. Is that only AX5 is available or 5L too? My dealer has no update on delivery.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th August 2024 at 10:33. Reason: Capitalising, punctuation and grammar.
Old 25th August 2024, 13:08   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter_Hitter View Post
Same status for me as well. Booked AX5L P AT in Pune 12+ weeks ago and delivery estimate keeps getting pushed by dealer. Dealer mentions this is due over-production of other variants my Mahindra and lot of demand for AX5L variant.
Which dealer in Pune, and what is the OTR you got for the AX5L variant?
Old 25th August 2024, 15:34   #936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issie24 View Post
I have booked AX5L at MM Chennai and waiting for update. Is that only AX5 is available or 5L too? My dealer has no update on delivery.
Heard from dealer about AX5 and AX7L availability. Not sure on AX5L. however I can check with him and update.
Old 25th August 2024, 22:23   #937

I think those who are facing unavailability for the AX5L model could be due to the colour that they want to go with. I booked an AX5L white colour from Sireesh Auto Silkboard (Bengaluru) on 12th July and got a call from the sales executive on 6th August that the vehicle has already been allocated and whether I would like to proceed with the purchase now. I said no because I actually want to take the delivery during the Diwali time and had only booked it so much in advance because I too was anticipating long waiting times but was surprised when the vehicle got allotted so early.
Old 25th August 2024, 22:32   #938
BHPian

Is it true that M&M has turned to black color for the lower plastic trims? These pictures are from a WhatsApp group and were shared by a dealer to one of the members.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240824-19.16.27_99db8acc.jpg 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240824-19.16.25_1b56db52.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240825_223452930.png

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240825_222809479.png2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240824-19.16.26_ea3e5faa.jpg

Last edited by 250Nm : 25th August 2024 at 22:35.
250Nm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 09:50   #939

Does anyone know why my instrument cluster and Adrenox app show different mileage? I took a trip of around 220km yesterday and in the instrument cluster I got 14.8kmpl, but for the same trip it is showing 12.8kmpl in the app. I did reset the fuel economy meter in the instrument cluster before starting my trip.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_4324.jpg  

Old 26th August 2024, 11:30   #940

This is what I was looking for longer time. White is hard for maintain in real time. If it’s OEM then it’s the best what Mahindra did for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
Is it true that M&M has turned to black color for the lower plastic trims? These pictures are from a WhatsApp group and were shared by a dealer to one of the members.

Last edited by ampere : 26th August 2024 at 11:43.
Old 26th August 2024, 12:04   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issie24 View Post
This is what I was looking for longer time. White is hard for maintain in real time. If it’s OEM then it’s the best what Mahindra did for now.
My sales manager just confirmed that black interiors are coming. I hope its not restricted to selected variants.
250Nm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 14:45   #942
Senior - BHPian

Worth listening, a tech talk with Velu sir.

Old 26th August 2024, 17:24   #943
Senior - BHPian

Why just trims? Even seats should be dark. Then the sales will be better. White is super tough to maintain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
Is it true that M&M has turned to black color for the lower plastic trims?
Old 26th August 2024, 18:33   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Why just trims? Even seats should be dark. Then the sales will be better. White is super tough to maintain.
Actually Mahindra should give the customer, a multiple choice of interior colors to choose from. Say, White or cream, beige, Black, grey, navy blue & chocolate brown.

I sometimes wish the car manufacturer provides a base version and then a list of features as customisable add-ons with each future priced separately. So, the customer could choose the features he wants and gets them.

Now, in every variant, there are some features, that a customer appreciates and some features that is despised..

Instead, you get a base variant, then an add-on feature list that you pay as you need and get it factory kitted. Ofcourse the whole assembly line needs to be revamped.

The base version/ bare car is built and it goes through various features installation phases as per individual customer's request.

I would opt for driver seat height adjustment, automatic climate control, rear windshield defogger, wash & wiper, driver side arm rest, tilt & telescopic steering, electrically adjustable ORVMs, adjustable seat headrest for all occupants, ventilated driver seat, the regular slew of electronic safety features, 6 airbags and I am done.

If you noticed, I didn't opt for Android Auto/ Apple play, wireless charger, Music system, Sunroof, automatic wipers, headlamps, Alloy wheels, Push button start, start/stop function, digital MID, Fog lamps, Connected tail lamps, cooled glovebox etc.

It would be awesome, if Car companies could customise each car as customer needs in their car.

These are all wishes and dreams. I am fully aware that t's not viable economically nor assembly line design layoutwise. But, then, no harm in aspiring for a custom built car

Last edited by BlackPearl : 27th August 2024 at 22:32. Reason: Removed reference for duplicate post. Thanks.
Old 26th August 2024, 22:28   #945

Hello team-bhpians

This is my first post!

Recently got AX7L D MT delivered. Will certainly write a detailed review on the features, experience etc at a later date. For now, have one query on android auto and apple carplay. The model is Jul manufactured one, though it is claimed to have wireless android auto and Apple carplay, this feature is missing in this model, i tried connecting my phone however, it says "Device not supported" - the same mobile with the same cable is working fine in another car. The firmware of the infotainment system in up to date.

The dealer says this feature for now is released only on AX5 models and awaiting for certification/license for AX7 models. Is this true? Am i missing anything here??

Request someone here with AX7 model to share an update on the availability of the feature and their experience in configuring it.
Shyjurp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks