Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2024, 10:58   #886

Re: 1 Month Ownership Review of XUV 3XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensor View Post
Even I’m in the same situation it’s been over 60 days since I booked AX5L AT in Nebula Blue but the dealer who once promised delivery within 2 months now has become unresponsive and is avoiding calls and is clueless when exactly the car is going get allotted (he quite literally says be hopeful that it may arrive soon )

Can anyone please guide what’s the best action to take since many people who have booked the car at a later date than me are getting theirs, is there any email ID of Mahindra other than customercare@mahindra.com cause that email is as useless as the dealer which just says we’re looking into it and nothing happens.
Crossed 2 months for me, AX5L AT Galaxy Grey, the only answer I get is "Once billing is done will get back to you sir" standard reply
Old 19th August 2024, 11:39   #887
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk_3XO View Post
The 360 degree camera is a boon and does its job well even in sparsely lit areas.
I see white colored seats in your 3XO. Is this AX5L with white seats cover from Mahindra or AX7L? If yours is AX5L, how is fitting and comfort of aftermarket seat covers on long trip?
How was the quality of 360-degree camera and cameras mounted on the ORVMs? I am asking because the 360-degree camera on XUV700 does not have a lot of clarity and video looks somewhat pixelated and leaves wanting for more as compared to 360-degree camera on Creta/Seltos?

Quote:
For some reason, maps didn't work and I had to follow the voice instructions on the google maps in my phone. I have to play around with the infotainment system a bit more
Are you using Android or Apple phone?
If this happened with wired Android Auto or Carplay, then were any other functions working or only Google maps did not work?
Old 19th August 2024, 11:45   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamathsonline View Post
Crossed 2 months for me, AX5L AT Galaxy Grey, the only answer I get is "Once billing is done will get back to you sir" standard reply
I was offered grey AX5L AT 3 weeks back but passed on since I preferred blue or white.

If people who have booked 2-3 months back are not getting their cars who is getting them?
Where are those 9000 units per month getting allotted
Old 19th August 2024, 11:55   #889

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
Here is mine: AX5L AT White. I made it dual-tone with a professional "ESPERTO.IN" that uses international quality sheets (at least it was claimed so), and the work and finish look very nice!
I have booked exactly the same variant and colour. Your car looks awesome with a dual tone roof and red brake callipers. Do you know of any downsides in the long run of getting the callipers coloured ?

Also, please share a break up of how much did these dual tone modifications cost you as I would definitely get some of them done. Please share the cost of the audison speakers and damping as well as I have been waiting for that too and it's again something that I will definitely get done once I get my car. Thanks in advance.
KnightX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 12:26   #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
I see white colored seats in your 3XO. Is this AX5L with white seats cover from Mahindra or AX7L? If yours is AX5L, how is fitting and comfort of aftermarket seat covers on long trip?
Mine is AX7L
Quote:
How was the quality of 360-degree camera and cameras mounted on the ORVMs? I am asking because the 360-degree camera on XUV700 does not have a lot of clarity and video looks somewhat pixelated and leaves wanting for more as compared to 360-degree camera on Creta/Seltos?
I found the camera quality decent. The objects were clear and not pixellated. I haven't checked the clarity of a Creta/Seltos though.

Quote:
Are you using Android or Apple phone?
If this happened with wired Android Auto or Carplay, then were any other functions working or only Google maps did not work?
The default navigation system onboard using mapmyindia didn't work. I tried multiple times to set destination but it closed and reverted to the home screen. I stuck to voice commands from google maps on my phone. I use an iPhone.

Last edited by rhk_3XO : 19th August 2024 at 12:34.
Old 19th August 2024, 14:40   #891

Quote:
Mine is AX7L
The default navigation system onboard using mapmyindia didn't work. I tried multiple times to set destination but it closed and reverted to the home screen. I stuck to voice commands from google maps on my phone. I use an iPhone.
I have AX7 and mapmyindia works for me. Granted it takes a lot of time to load using car's e-sim, but once the route loads, I have found very few issues with it. I found mapmyindia to be better than GMaps in some instances too.

One issue I noticed is if you go under any kind of cemented shade, be it an underpass or a metro station, you might get "GPS signal lost" message, but it recovers as soon as you come out of the shade.

Overall, I am not missing CarPlay right now. Music and call is good enough with Bluetooth and mapmyindia takes care of navigation.
WinterDust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 14:46   #892

Apple CarPlay - looks like its going to keep us waiting for ever. I had mailed the customercare and got this reply from a associate. This is for AX5 AT.
"Apple Car play in 3XO- There is no provision for Apple car play in this model till date."

Also refer attachment.

I face the exact same issue with the Inbuilt Navigation.
It works once in a while 1 in 10 attempts.
Spoke to customer care through Chat and asked if they could change the Vodafone esim, but he said that most of the automobiles use the same, but i believe its the issue with the Vodafone esim.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-acp.png  

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd October 2024 at 15:11. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
3XOfirstcar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 18:08   #893

Quote:
I was offered grey AX5L AT 3 weeks back but passed on since I preferred blue or white.

If people who have booked 2-3 months back are not getting their cars who is getting them?
Where are those 9000 units per month getting allotted
The 9000 units that are getting sent to dealership seems to be random at best, instead of actual bookings that are requested from the dealership. We had initially booked AX5 Nebula Blue even before bookings were officially open at the dealership and waited for 2 months without any update on delivery. Finally we decided on cancelling our booking, when we were offered the availability (Free Stock) of MX3 PRO Petrol MT/ Diesel versions of which we decided to take MX3 Pro Petrol AT (Tango Red) after a quick PDI.
Old 19th August 2024, 19:41   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtochennai View Post
The 9000 units that are getting sent to dealership seems to be random at best, instead of actual bookings that are requested from the dealership. We had initially booked AX5 Nebula Blue even before bookings were officially open at the dealership and waited for 2 months without any update on delivery. Finally we decided on cancelling our booking, when we were offered the availability (Free Stock) of MX3 PRO Petrol MT/ Diesel versions of which we decided to take MX3 Pro Petrol AT (Tango Red) after a quick PDI.
This seems accurate.

Mahindra should have been smart enough to understand the demand for variants and colors based on bookings and then produce them accordingly.

This is a classic example of what happens when you launch too many variants, colors, and engine-gearbox combinations. Instead of helping customers choose according to their preference, they end up selecting whichever option they can get their hands on as soon as possible due to the long waiting times

It’s high time that Mahindra understands this and changes the production flow.
Old 19th August 2024, 20:37   #895
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

This is a classic example of what happens when you launch too many variants, colors, and engine-gearbox combinations. Instead of helping customers choose according to their preference, they end up selecting whichever option they can get their hands on as soon as possible due to the long waiting times

It’s high time that Mahindra understands this and changes the production flow.
I also concur that Mahindra needs to relook at their bookings and production for 3XO. This is highly competitive space with lot of offerings from competitors. Mahindra cannot leverage their sales strategy used for Thar, XUV700 and Scorpio-N as people buying 4m do not wait for 6 months to get their cars.
One of my colleague switched to Sonet after waiting for 2 months after his booking
Old 19th August 2024, 20:54   #896
BHPian

Quote:
This is highly competitive space with lot of offerings from competitors. Mahindra cannot leverage their sales strategy used for Thar, XUV700 and Scorpio-N as people buying 4m do not wait for 6 months to get their cars.
One of my colleague switched to Sonet after waiting for 2 months after his booking
I agree with you. I feel that with the New 5 door Thar, Mahindra has bigger fishes to fry and that's where their focus seem to be. Increasing the new Thar production capacity while continuing with the earlier 3 door Thar production is going to take up their focus.

Is Mahindra chewing more than it could swallow? 3XO monthly sales have been healthy, but the backlog seems to be only growing by the day.

I have booked the 3XO and if I don't get delivery by October max, I would seriously consider the new Skoda Compact (Sub 4 Mtr) SUV that's slated to be in dealer showroom (for display and test drive) by December with delivery said to commence from March 25.

That's bound to happen as the sub compact SUV segment is very competitive and many brands are offering good products and there's a shoulder to shoulder jostling here to race ahead. This delay in delivery could hurt Mahindra if they don't pull up their sleeves and hasten the damn deliveries.
Old 19th August 2024, 21:41   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra cannot leverage their sales strategy used for Thar, XUV700 and Scorpio-N as people buying 4m do not wait for 6 months to get their cars.
I think Mahindra doesn't care since they very well know it's the most Value for Money car. I mean, look at the AX5L variant, which costs roughly 16.5 lakhs on-road in Bangalore and gets:

360-degree cameras
Level 2 ADAS
E-parking brake
Digital instrument cluster, which is amazing
5-star NCAP rating
Rides brilliantly well (no other car comes close to the way it drives, at least in this segment)
TGDI engine which has 250nm torque with overboost, is a gem producing more torque even higher than the Creta/Seltos/Elevate/Nexon/Astor and same as Kushaq/Taigun.
Connected car tech
Dual-zone climate AC
The list goes on...

Some features may not be essential, but they do add SNOB value. If someone is keeping this car for a long time, say 7+ years, they won't feel their car to be outdated. If it weren't for this, I would have canceled and moved on to another car. But there are literally no cars that offer all these features right now at this price, and that's the leverage Mahindra has and is very well aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I have booked the 3XO and if I don't get delivery by October max, I would seriously consider the new Skoda Compact (Sub 4 Mtr) SUV that's slated to be in dealer showroom (for display and test drive) by December with delivery said to commence from March 25.
I used to think this last week, considering I was getting it as a secondary car for purely city use. I wondered why I couldn't get something else. But I realized that if I cancel and move on for something else, I'll ultimately lose this good car and settle for something inferior. Someone who booked at a later date than me would likely get it earlier.
Tensor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2024, 22:05   #898
BHPian

Quote:
I used to think this last week, considering I was getting it as a secondary car for purely city use. I wondered why I couldn't get something else. But I realized that if I cancel and move on for something else, I'll ultimately lose this good car and settle for something inferior. Someone who booked at a later date than me would likely get it earlier.
I believe Skoda compact SUV wouldn't be an inferior product. The 1.0 TSI is a gem of an engine, and Skoda ride quality and handling dynamics are great too. The compact SUV, that looks like Baby kushaq (in the camouflaged avatar that's making rounds) would be priced below Slavia and that would bring it in 9L - 10L bracket.

Further, being a late entrant into this sub 4 mtr segment, Skoda is placing lots of hope on this product and could put in all the bells and whistles at par with their competitors. They have realised that this segment could become their bread, butter and Jam, going forward.

In the end, customers like you and me could stand to gain a good product. Let's wait and watch.

Last edited by ashkamath : 19th August 2024 at 22:07.
Old 20th August 2024, 14:00   #899

Quote:
Took the car on my first long drive over the long weekend. The car performed splendidly over the entire duration of the trip without any major niggles.
Congratulations. Did you get an estimate of the mileage?

Last edited by graaja : 20th August 2024 at 15:35. Reason: Fixing broken quote
Old 20th August 2024, 14:06   #900

Is there any way, Team Bhp forum or we members can collectively ask Mahindra to address the Apple car play issue, their website still says 3XO has applecar play, while we are waiting for it since launch.
I had mailed customercare at mahindra, they looped in my SA and she replied saying we have no provision for AppleCar Play yet. This was for AX5 AT.

Most Viewed