Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 13:08   #856
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterDust View Post
I installed SS mesh on the underside of engine bay to tackle the rat problem.
Two issues I am seeing here:
- The mesh is resting and connected over hoses and brake lines. With regular use, this will fray the brake lines, etc. Even if the mesh retains its current form (doesn't deform or split into sharper pieces) - the rubbing action will eventually lead to the lines getting damaged.

- If this is wrapped around the entire underside of the engine bay, dart getting caked onto the mesh will be a concern and could lead to overheating if not monitored.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 17:13   #857

Hello everyone,this is my first post on team bhp,
Can anyone share mileage figure for 3xo mx1 ??
Old 12th August 2024, 20:02   #858
BHPian

Quote:
I installed SS mesh on the underside of engine bay to tackle the rat problem. I asked service center guy about it and he said it is of no use as it won't work.
He is right, this is of no use in stopping rats from entering the engine bay if they take a liking to your car. Rats can squeeze through astonishingly small apertures. Only way to protect your vehicle is to do periodic pest control in the area you park.

On the other hand I can see this installation causing so many issues in your vehicle including life threatening ones. It is rubbing against brake lines, wires etc.

I would advice to remove it at the earliest.

Cheers
vishwaschettri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 21:39   #859
BHPian

Isn't Android Auto available in top end variants (AX7/AX7L) yet?

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240812-13.42.35_1e7a6d24.jpg

Source: Mahindra chat support (shared in WhatsApp group)
250Nm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 00:53   #860
BHPian

You had holes drilled all around your brand new car's underbody for installing this mesh?

What has the installer done about Rust Proofing those holes?
autoholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 06:05   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
Sadly, true. AX7/AX7L variant certification of Android Auto is still pending - that's why I ended up with accepting the AX5L even though I had booked the AX7L. No regrets though. AX5L is well loaded and surely more VFM
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 09:08   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
I am attaching some pictures for reference.
This may not be a long term solution. The under body of a vehicle is exposed to harsh driving conditions. Stones, dirt, water puddles etc will all eat away the wire mesh. Rats usually need space to sit and do their dirty work. This (Rat-proof Fencing as a solution for the rodent menace?) could be better idea. Also many of us use this product (Protecting cars from the RAT menace - Autoshine Rat Spray (Mumbai)) which also helps.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 13th August 2024 at 09:11.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 09:57   #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoholic View Post
You had holes drilled all around your brand new car's underbody for installing this mesh?

Wow! I did not think of that. The underbody is fiber, so no problem there, but on the sides where wheels are, there were some screws drilled in metal, that can be a problem. Please suggest something that I can do to avoid rusting before it even starts.

I should have taken my time before getting this done. I was desperate as the rat cut the front parking sensor wire and the wiper reservoir tank pipes in the third day of taking delivery itself. Also, I had sprayed the rat repellent solution the same day I brought my car home, it didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
This may not be a long term solution.
What do you think of the solution where each and every cable, hoses, pipes and whatever is chewable is covered in rat mesh individually? Like the one done here. (Pics: Rat Mesh installation in the engine bay by a Toyota dealership)

Last edited by WinterDust : 13th August 2024 at 10:07.
Old 13th August 2024, 10:26   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you think of the solution where each and every cable, hoses, pipes and whatever is chewable is covered in rat mesh individually?
Once a while it will be a pain for the mechanics if they want to check and if they check the hoses etc for any issue. Also it is imperative that the mesh is nowhere close to the battery terminal as it will cause sparks to fly as I have experienced this first hand. I have a mesh (Rat damage to cars | Protection, solutions & advice) surrounding my windshield reservoir. The ray spray does work for me and I have been using it for several years. It does not prevent the rat from entering the car but it does prevent them from chewing the wires etc on which it is sprayed on. This is time tested, touch wood.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 10:39   #865

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoholic View Post

Also, isn't the metal on which holes are drilled a part of the car frame/chassis/body, which is steel? Do I really need to worry about rusting then?
Old 13th August 2024, 12:10   #866

Hi all,

Wanted to share a scamming attempt just happened with me. I got a call from a genuine looking number. On the other side was a lady asking me if I have recently purchased a Mahindra car, I said yes. She had all my details like the car I purchased and address. She told me she is calling from Mahindra and that she has received a RSA card in my name which is valid for 15 years. She will be activating it and dispatching it and I will have have to pay ₹3500 at the time of delivery.

I got alarmed as I see 3 years RSA free in Mahindra WYH app and told the same to her. She was not able to give a proper reasoning for it and I said I would like to opt-out and don't want to pay the amount. She said she will cancel the card then. I was very certain after this that it was a scam call.

After further research, I saw a thread in team bhp describing same thing that happened to me.

To everyone - Please be alert of scam calls like these, there is no need of purchasing anything in a hurry. If Mahindra is genuinely selling these packages, you will be able to purchase it generally at the same cost within at least 3 years. Do your research before buying anything that you are not sure is affiliated with Mahindra.

Thanks.
WinterDust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 15:56   #867
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2640969

This is good news for AX5L if the chat support can be relied on. I’ve been struggling without CarPlay and have resorted to using a mobile holder. The table says ‘Aug 24’. Hope we get an SW upgrade this month
Old 14th August 2024, 16:27   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Also, isn't the metal on which holes are drilled a part of the car frame/chassis/body, which is steel? Do I really need to worry about rusting then?
Brother, it is steel. But, not stainless steel, so it will rust with time. And these holes are on the underbody, where dirt will accumulate around these screws and this dirt, when wet, will hold on to the moisture and speed the rusting process.
autoholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 19:06   #869

Quote:

Attachment 2640969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
This is good news for AX5L if the chat support can be relied on. I’ve been struggling without CarPlay and have resorted to using a mobile holder. The table says ‘Aug 24’. Hope we get an SW upgrade this month
I asked in the Whatsapp group created by Mahindra for my vehicle. This group has the service center staff as well as Mahindra representatives. They informed that Apple Carplay is expected only by Nov 2024. Unfortunately, it is not expected this month as per them. Even I was excited to see that the update would be available for AX5 in Aug 2024 as per that image. However, looks like we still need to wait for at least 3 more months which is only testing our patience even more!

Can you please confirm if the chat support by Mahindra which shared that timeline to you is from the official Whatsapp group created for your car?

Most Viewed