Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 21:03   #796
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Just saw a review of the 3XO MX2 PRO variant , one of the first ones on YouTube

Link -

I just saw this video and the centre console screen looks horrendous and spoils the whole dashboard layout. What kind of a screen is this ?

I don't think it will have Android auto /carplay

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot_202408022046213.png

Why is this booting up like a very cheap aftermarket screen ?

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot_20240802204546.png

VIEW OF THE DASHBOARD

This looks very similar to the screen we get in the Mahindra Thar and using that screen hasn't been a pleasant experience with the time i have spent with the Thar ( In respect to it costing 16 lakhs OTR ) .

Also , the pillars are a eyesore

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot_20240802205802.png

THEY LOOK SO OUT OF PLACE

PS - I have booked this same exact spec in automatic and Mahindra has provided no information what so ever that when the car will be delivered.

Last edited by Hawk : 2nd August 2024 at 21:05.
Hawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 22:33   #797
BHPian

Hi all. Had a query regarding hill hold in AX5 MT. Does the hill hold feature exist in AX5? I don’t seem to have it. I went on a hilly drive today thinking as part of ESP hill hold would be available. But the car simply went backwards downhill as soon as I left the brake. Had to use the handbrake way. Is there some way to turn it on or something? I checked the ESP by turning it off and back on but hill hold still didn’t work.
Old 3rd August 2024, 23:09   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
Hi all. Had a query regarding hill hold in AX5 MT. Does the hill hold feature exist in AX5? I don’t seem to have it. I went on a hilly drive today thinking as part of ESP hill hold would be available. But the car simply went backwards downhill as soon as I left the brake. Had to use the handbrake way. Is there some way to turn it on or something? I checked the ESP by turning it off and back on but hill hold still didn’t work.
Today I went for a test drive of the Mahindra 3XO. I was looking for manual Variant and was offered an AX5 manual Variant for test drive.

I asked the sales advisor the same question while driving the car if it has the Hill Hold Assist. The SA said "No Sir. Hill hold assist feature comes only on the automatic variant and not the manual Variant."

The test drive was short, about 6-8 kms as it was raining heavily. I noticed that while shifting the gear from 1st to 2nd, when I release the clutch, the vehicle shudders quite noticeably. I checked it multiple times (atleast 5-6 times) and everytime the vehicle shuddered noticeably. Even between 2nd & 3rd gear shift, there's a palpable shudder of the car. This is not at clutch or gear knob, but the whole car. My friend in rear seat too noticed it.

The SA replied that the car is a demo car driven by different people with different styles, hence it's possible that car shudders during gear change. (It happens however smooth you release the clutch). Anyways that wasn't a deal breaker. Mahindra might get this issue resolved in coming days as they advance in their engine / transmission technology.

The car is pretty stable but the wheel alignment was a bit off as the vehicle veered to left when the hands are off the steering wheel.
And once I slowed down (almost crawling) in a narrow road to allow a truck to pass and tried to get the car going in 2nd gear and the car stalled. I had to put it in 1st gear to start moving again. I believed the car should have picked up from crawling speed in 2nd gear instead of 1st gear.

Anyways the car felt planted and stable, the seating ergonomics felt alright, the gear shift a bit notchy and the clutch was smooth.

I am thinking if I should wait for the new Skoda Compact SUV which is going to be in the showroom by year end or go ahead with 3XO.
Old 3rd August 2024, 23:34   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I am thinking if I should wait for the new Skoda Compact SUV which is going to be in the showroom by year end or go ahead with 3XO.
My suggestion would be to go ahead. The current prices of the 3XO seem really value for money. There is a bit of a lag at some points if its the TCMPFI, that will require some getting used to but overall its a good engine. Combine that with the excellent ride quality, this turns out to be a very good car.

Last edited by Ibanez_70 : 3rd August 2024 at 23:35. Reason: Typo
Ibanez_70 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 23:57   #800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
Hi all. Had a query regarding hill hold in AX5 MT. Does the hill hold feature exist in AX5? I don’t seem to have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I asked the sales advisor the same question while driving the car if it has the Hill Hold Assist. The SA said "No Sir. Hill hold assist feature comes only on the automatic variant and not the manual Variant."
Even Mahindra's official twitter handle doesn't seem to know the right answer and responded with conflicting answers to this question

HHC standard across all variants:
https://x.com/ShubClicks/status/1798608006625857685

HHC available only on L and AT variants:
https://x.com/sahil34666/status/1804779240044597437

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240803_235107796.png

@Ibanez_70 - At least the owners' manual doesn't mention HHC with the "if equipped" tag like some L/AT specific features. Could id be your gradient wasn't sufficient enough to activate the system? Did you see any HHC error on your MID?

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240803_235118424.png
250Nm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:08   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
@Ibanez_70 - At least the owners' manual doesn't mention HHC with the "if equipped" tag like some L/AT specific features. Could id be your gradient wasn't sufficient enough to activate the system? Did you see any HHC error on your MID?
The gradient was enough for the car to rollback. Our Ecosport’s hill hold gets activated when I drive through these same roads. There was no error on the MID.
Ibanez_70 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 22:16   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcarbie View Post
The dealers are unsure about this upgrade. I wanted to add JBL subwoofer to AX5L. But they haven't got information on it.
AX5L uses propriety 25W 2 Ohms. Not good at all! I upgraded only Speakers with proper damp sounds, and they are way better now. (Audison Prima)
Old 4th August 2024, 22:31   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
I installed the dashcam from my old car on the 3XO (AX5L) yesterday and noticed the same behaviour. The camera was ON even after the car was fully switched off and locked. I tested it for an hour and the camera was still recording. I was anxious about battery drain as well (I don't drive daily, so if I leave it, it may be 4-5 days before I start the car again). Would be great to have parking monitoring without having to hardwire. If only we can get concrete info on whether or not we should worry about battery drain and what would be the threshold. The dealership guys have no knowledge on these things, so not sure how we can understand this.
I have this same question someone could help answer?
Old 4th August 2024, 22:45   #804

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I have this same question someone could help answer?
From what I know if your dash cam is being powered via USB it won’t turn off because the USB port in 3XO always gets power even after the ignition is turned off.

If your variant is equipped with 12V charging socket (Only AX7 gets it as far as I know) try connecting it there, else if you have the L variant there is no need of dash cam as the 360 cameras have the capability to record continuously when vehicle is turned on and is easily accessible right in the infotainment.
Tensor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 23:59   #805

Quote:
- Mediocre audio quality, even on the AX7L variant found in the showroom display. Tried tweaking audio settings but nothing helped. I hope it has to do with software and not the underlying hardware itself. It does not deserve to be HK branded at the current state of tune.
- Head unit is also slow to respond to changes in audio settings (for example, EQ mode changes take a sweet 2 to 3 seconds to reflect).
So I had a chance to play with the audio system of another AX7L at my dealership yard and came back mighty impressed this time. Sound quality was quite good and the head unit felt very responsive compared to the display car. The "Wide Sonic" setting had the best sound output for the couple of tracks I tested using my phone.
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234023413.png

Quote:
Airbag sign hidden by leatherette layer:
Attachment 2625957
I also was wrong about missing airbag sign on the soft touch dashboard. It was just not clear enough during my previous visit (confirmed by checking the same display car in showroom too).
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234059688.png

Lots of 3XO's waiting for their to-be owners. Turns out, most of these are diesels and do not have good demand as of now:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234413335.png

And these were getting ready to be delivered:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234733201.png

Isn't the radar unit's wiring harness vulnerable to elements?
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234453856.png

Contrary to the accessory brochure, front bumper add-on is being installed on radar equipped variants as well and have not heard any complaints so far. Pictured below is the test drive car (AX5L AT). Also note they did not use a number plate frame:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234604913.png

A quick visit to accessory section gave me a chance to see the JBL speaker upgrade (CLUB605CSQ) for MX2 to AX5L variants. The MRP on the box is ₹19490 and it comes with the crossovers and all necessary fittings as in the pics below.
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234853675.png

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_234926214.png

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240804_235006445.png
250Nm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 07:51   #806
BHPian

Quote:
So I had a chance to play with the audio system of another AX7L at my dealership yard and came back mighty impressed this time. The sound quality was quite good and the head unit felt very responsive compared to the display car. The "Wide Sonic" setting had the best sound output for the couple of tracks I tested using my phone.
Attachment 2636753

I also was wrong about missing airbag sign on the soft touch dashboard. It was just not clear enough during my previous visit (confirmed by checking the same display car in showroom too).
Attachment 2636754

Lots of 3XO's waiting for their to-be owners. Turns out, most of these are diesels and do not have good demand as of now:
Attachment 2636756

And these were getting ready to be delivered:
Attachment 2636759

Isn't the radar unit's wiring harness vulnerable to elements?
Attachment 2636757

Contrary to the accessory brochure, front bumper add-on is being installed on radar equipped variants as well and have not heard any complaints so far. Pictured below is the test drive car (AX5L AT). Also note they did not use a number plate frame:
Attachment 2636758

A quick visit to accessory section gave me a chance to see the JBL speaker upgrade (CLUB605CSQ) for MX2 to AX5L variants. The MRP on the box is ₹19490 and it comes with the crossovers and all necessary fittings as in the pics below.
Attachment 2636760

Attachment 2636761

Attachment 2636762
Do these JBL speakers have the direct socket to plug the speakers in, or do they need to connect via skin wires to OEM power?
Old 5th August 2024, 08:00   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a time limit for the first service? I know it has a 2000km limit before which the vehicle should go in for the first service but the service booklet does not mention a time range. The reason I’m asking is mine is almost 2 months old and I have done only 600km so far and felt I can go for service after I cross at least 1000km but don’t want to be told I crossed the time limit.
I did mine at 1000 in fact got a message from Mahindra once I touched 2 months. Bought an Extended warranty as well.
Old 5th August 2024, 09:58   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I did mine at 1000 in fact got a message from Mahindra once I touched 2 months. Bought an Extended warranty as well.
Got mine done on Friday at the new PPS center in Kanakapura Road. They were full of newbies and were not organised. They did not have the product knowledge to answer most of my questions. As usual, they did not have an update on CarPlay time frame as well and were evasive when pressed.

They did not even explain the extended warranty. How much did it cost and is it recommended to buy right away?
Old 5th August 2024, 10:13   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I just saw this video and the centre console screen looks horrendous and spoils the whole dashboard layout. What kind of a screen is this ?
I don't think it will have Android auto /carplay ...

Why is this booting up like a very cheap aftermarket screen ?

Also , the pillars are a eyesore

Attachment 2635710

THEY LOOK SO OUT OF PLACE
It does look like an aftermarket screen and not a good quality one at that. I don't understand why manufacturers have to do this in their lower variants.

Instead of giving us an aftermarket entertainment unit from the likes of Sony, Pioneer etc - they give us this cheap Chinese unit while removing features like rear wash and wipe and driver seat height adjustment.

It would be better if Mahindra removed this cheap unit and gives us safety features that can't be fit that easily aftermarket.

I wouldn't worry about the pillars though. It should be easy enough to get them wrapped to give the floating roof effect.

Last edited by JithinR : 5th August 2024 at 10:15.
Old 5th August 2024, 10:45   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Got mine done on Friday at the new PPS center in Kanakapura Road. They were full of newbies and were not organised. They did not have the product knowledge to answer most of my questions. As usual, they did not have an update on CarPlay time frame as well and were evasive when pressed.

They did not even explain the extended warranty. How much did it cost and is it recommended to buy right away?
23K, including GST for an extended warranty for the 4th and 5th year. Yes, it is recommended from a peace of mind perspective, and it will cost more if we delay is what I was told. Including RSA! I also did under-chassis coating, considering the super rains recently
srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks