Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2024, 13:23   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Does anyone know if there is a time limit for the first service? I know it has a 2000km limit before which the vehicle should go in for the first service but the service booklet does not mention a time range. The reason I’m asking is mine is almost 2 months old and I have done only 600km so far and felt I can go for service after I cross at least 1000km but don’t want to be told I crossed the time limit.
Actually first service is just washing and a customary general checkup. But important to get it done nevertheless to avoid any future issues with manufacturer rejecting warranty claims.

Generally 1 month + 15 days grace is Ok, but you may want to talk to your service center if they are ok with 2 months, they generally adjust.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 14:15   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
1 month + 15 days grace is Ok, but you may want to talk to your service center if they are ok with 2 months, they generally adjust.
Thanks! I called PPS and they said 2000km or 2 months (whichever is earliest). I’ve booked to get service done this Friday.
Old 31st July 2024, 22:15   #783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
I don’t have the price list with me. I didn’t even ask for a brochure. Just booked the car and told them I needed the car ASAP. I too was confused since the price list was not listed anywhere even on the website. It’s probably something at the dealer level. But they did show me on their phone to confirm that AX5 TGDI does indeed have a price.

The road tax is lesser because of the Bharat Registration which I have to pay every 2 years. But yes Karnataka road tax is too high. With Assam registration it was coming to about 12 Lakhs.
From what I have been told that certain stock of AX5 had TGDi Badging due to error in manufacturing line, it doesn’t necessarily means it has TGDi Engine in it. For your reference I will attach Engine bay photo of TGDi vs TCMPFi

1. TCMPFi
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_6130.jpeg

2.TGDi
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_6129.jpeg

Make sure you carefully check and compare the difference between each and yours.
ZohiAres is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 22:44   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZohiAres View Post
From what I have been told that certain stock of AX5 had TGDi Badging due to error in manufacturing line, it doesn’t necessarily means it has TGDi Engine in it. For your reference I will attach Engine bay photo of TGDi vs TCMPFi

1. TCMPFi
Attachment 2634817

2.TGDi
Attachment 2634818

Make sure you carefully check and compare the difference between each and yours.
Thanks for this. I had this same doubt and was not able to find a clear picture of both together. Here is a picture of my engine bay although clicked in the dark. I hope it’s the TGDI. Looks like it is to me.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_6709.jpeg
Ibanez_70 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 22:59   #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
Thanks for this. I had this same doubt and was not able to find a clear picture of both together. Here is a picture of my engine bay although clicked in the dark. I hope it’s the TGDI. Looks like it is to me.

Attachment 2634831
Looks like you have hit a jackpot my friend, It is indeed a TGDi Engine. Im curious was there any AT option Available or only MT with this mix-up Variant.
ZohiAres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 07:37   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterDust View Post
Hi all,

Finally my vehicle got allotted to me and I have made the payment for Ex-showroom + TCS. It's been 3 days since the payment, but still I have not gotten the invoice yet. SA says GRN is not yet assigned and that's why invoice is pending. Once that is done, I will be called for PDI.
This is a bit odd. Normally GRN will be issued once the material reaches the stock point.

I made the payment when the allotted vehicle arrived in Bangalore and got the invoice on the same day. Also, got a receipt from the Dealer for the payment.
TwinBishop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 09:23   #787

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZohiAres View Post
Looks like you have hit a jackpot my friend, It is indeed a TGDi Engine. Im curious was there any AT option Available or only MT with this mix-up Variant.
I think Mahindra manufactured TGDI powered AX5 in March/April and in May during launch they decided to offer TGDI from AX5L variant onwards. Thats why you dont see AX5 TGDI in brochures or online. Those which were already manufactured were sold at dealer level for some premium over TCMPFI.
HarKag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 15:43   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBishop View Post
This is a bit odd. Normally GRN will be issued once the material reaches the stock point.
Hey,

GRN issued after 2 days of payment for me. I don't know what was the hold up but I have done the PDI now and waiting for registration. Adding few pictures I took quickly in the stockyard just to show-off Dune Beige color.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-9ace40566b0c4b07aead11b08e58c3af.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-48797669ef32407c8c43b38c48b0f1b4.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-862600a1b6d6448e9471f09d0d07ba6b.jpg  

WinterDust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 21:35   #789
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hey,

GRN issued after 2 days of payment for me. I don't know what was the hold up but I have done the PDI now and waiting for registration. Adding few pictures I took quickly in the stockyard just to show-off Dune Beige color.
Congratulations on your purchase. The dune beige color looks great in person. If I remember, this color was provided even on Scorpio-N, but I did not get privilege to see any Scorpio-N in this color in past 2 years.

I was lucky to see a 3XO in Dune Beige about a month back on road. This color should be easier to maintain. Makes me remember the times when we had cars in golden shade color plying on our roads. I guess the days of golden car colors are gone.
Old 1st August 2024, 22:11   #790

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. The dune beige color looks great in person. If I remember, this color was provided even on Scorpio-N, but I did not get privilege to see any Scorpio-N in this color in past 2 years.
Thank you. We booked this color without looking it in person. I was very skeptical of it, but now I am in love with this color.
Old 2nd August 2024, 08:51   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
My sales agent called this morning stating they received a grey 7L P MT if I wanted to get it instead of my booked Citrine Yellow color.
There is an update from my SA that my car has been billed and will arrive at their yard in the next 4 days. There is no change in the portal though, it still says "Booked" in web and "N/A" in app .
I will wait till 7th Aug to see the Curvv EV features & pricing before moving forward with 3XO. I can stretch my budget upto 20L if needed.

By the way, the grey 7L is still unsold, backing some BHPians' theory of lower demand for top variants.

Last edited by KarthikK : 2nd August 2024 at 08:54.
250Nm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:06   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Congratulations on your new car. Looks great, especially with the rain drops on it.
TwinBishop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 17:18   #793
BHPian

I’ve been planning to get a small car for city+highway use. My office is about 160 kms back and forth to my hometown. I was checking out the options and thought that the TC mated wirh the Turbo Petrol might be a decent option since the Diesel doesn’t come with ADAS which, after using it on my XUV 700 I’ve come to love since it’s helped me many times in situations.

However, there are different mileage figures given online. Can someone who owns the vehicle give me some idea of what sort of “actual” FE to expect on the highways? I will be driving it sedately.
Old 2nd August 2024, 18:18   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
How are the AX5L trim’s stock speakers?
Very bad, at least for me; I changed to Audison with socket to socket with good damping, all good now. The DEfault is 25w No bass and its below-average IMO.
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 18:49   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
Very bad, at least for me; I changed to Audison with socket to socket with good damping, all good now. The DEfault is 25w No bass and its below-average IMO.
I too felt the same, hence changed booking to AX7. I enquired about Harmon Kardon 7 speaker sound system at nearby accessories store and they quoted ~95K. So thought AX7 is better option.

What is the total cost of Audison setup including damping ?

I saw some post about Mahindra offering JBL sound system for 3XO as accessories. Not sure about the authenticity of the info. When I spoke to my SA about JBL, he is clueless.

Just curios to know if anyone received AX7 Diesel Manual variant ?
LiveToDrive2404 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks