Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2024, 18:26   #736

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBishop View Post
Congratulations on your new car. Interesting purchase history.

Will be getting my 3XO TGDI in the next week. I also took a TD in TCMPFI variant only. Eagerly waiting to experience the new car with TGDI engine.
Thank you TwinBishop. The powertrain will not disappoint you, but the Steering is a bit vague. Even on "Sports" mode, the Steering is not as heavy as my old i20, and the steering response is kind of iffy at slow speeds. This is advantageous in a way while transiting through slow moving traffic, but I am still not that comfortable with the steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbansage View Post
3. Music system is good (is not Harman Kardon, thats limited to AX7)
For some reason I found the Harman 7 Speaker System underwhelming. My deduction is that the lack of LDAC is the key reason why my lossless tracks sound kind of off. I am using a starter Walkman and a high end Walkman as the Sources. Have not tested using USB yet though. The USB is not detected while connecting the Walkman in Mass Storage Mode. I suspect the reasoning is that the Walkman has its own internal memory, plus the SD card, and the Info System is not able to determine which of them to load. Will test it out using the high end Walkman over this week, as it has 128GB internal storage.
Old 25th July 2024, 18:19   #737
BHPian

I got my XUV3XO AX5 TGDI delivered on Saturday. I got the car in about 20 days after booking. Could have got the car earlier but the process of BH registration was delayed. I was not aware of AX5 with the TGDI and it was just 10K extra than the TCMPFI. So this was a no brainer for me. I have started a new thread discussing my initial impressions about the car. and can be found here:

XUV3XO TGDI MT | My First Car | Initial Ownership Review

Has anyone installed a dashcam using the rear 12V socket?
Old 25th July 2024, 18:29   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadEmperor View Post
A JOURNAL OF MY PURCHASE EXPERIENCE
Thats the 1st AX7 model I am seeing delivered to anyone. congratulations. Waiting for mine since may.
Old 25th July 2024, 19:19   #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai View Post
Thats the 1st AX7 model I am seeing delivered to anyone. congratulations. Waiting for mine since may.
Today I got a call from dealer. He told two AX7L vehicles available (yellow and dune dual tones) and if I am interested to get them instead of AX7.

Looks like AX5/AX5L and AX7/AX7L vehicles will be delivered in next two weeks.
LiveToDrive2404 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 19:59   #740
BHPian

Got to see Nebula Blue 3XO in person at Mahindra showroom. The colour looks good and the rains drops enhanced the beauty.
This looked like AX5 as there is no camera module on the ORVM.
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_7976.jpeg
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_7978.jpeg
kgt.v8 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 22:27   #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai View Post
Thank you. Please check with your SA at the showroom. As per my SA a few AX7s and AX7Ls were delivered before mine. Hope you get yours soon
TheMadEmperor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 00:37   #742
BHPian

Quote:
For some reason I found the Harman 7 Speaker System underwhelming. Will test it out using the high end Walkman over this week, as it has 128GB internal storage.
Congrats on your new ride! Looking forward to your subsequent updates on the car soon .

About the audio system, I too observed dismal sound quality from on the AX7L display car. I spent more than 15 minutes, trying different settings only to be disappointed. Besides, it took almost two seconds to reflect changes to the sound stage / EQ settings. The sub would also not work until its toggle switch was cycled OFF/ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
Has anyone installed a dashcam using the rear 12V socket?
Congrats to you too on the 3XO. For dashcam, I recommend using a fuse tap & hard wire kit for a concealed and safe installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToDrive2404 View Post
Or many of the initial bookings were canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Got to see Nebula Blue 3XO in person at Mahindra showroom. The colour looks good and the rains drops enhanced the beauty.
Blue looks rich in sun light too:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240726_003621573.png
250Nm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 09:55   #743
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
This looked like AX5 as there is no camera module on the ORVM.
I am planning to book AX5L AT.. But confused with color options.
Black or Blue..!!
Blue looks good but I am worried that shine will fade n would look little dull after a year... Plus I feel Black would have better resale value.
Old 26th July 2024, 10:27   #744

Quote:

I got my AX7L delivered on Wednesday. This dealership initially told me that 2 vehicles were available in May. But when I got mine delivered, they said this is the first AX7L they are delivering.

But yes, the top ends are getting delivered now
rhk_3XO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 10:30   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
After 15 days of driving in congested city traffic and the highways, I have a list of not-so-great things.

Mileage shows a constant 8KM/L in the city; sometimes 12 is confusing.

On the highways, once I got 19.3 km/L

I had a major issue with the boot not closing properly, and SVC got that fixed promptly.

Now, I have another set of observations:

1. The central lock works intermittently, not consistently bothering and annoying, especially when someone is stuck outside the car trying to get in.
2. The Adrenox system sometimes takes 1 minute to start. It is frustrating when you want to take immediate reverse, and the camera doesn't work at all
3. Inconsistent braking and spongy behavior, sometimes super sharp, cannot judge and use it at times dangerous
4. Zap more has overthrust in city traffic. One has to be very careful, or else you are sure to hit the next one in bumper-to-bumper traffic

These are my observations, and while they may not be major issues, they are certainly annoying. I hope Mahindra will take note of these and work on improving them. I still love the car and its value for money, but these issues must be addressed.

In addition, Apple Carplay doesn't work, which greatly impacts our company. I don't care if Alexa works, but APPLE CAR PLAY is the MUST.

One last observation: this may be subjective for a person - a person who uses the vehicle says he gets sciatic nerve compression and pain due to the driver seat bolsters being so hard, and he is looking for help to flatten it by having some seat covers, etc but the SVC will object for everything saying Airbag may get affected, etc. He is in a fix. (If anyone has any better ideas, please share them here. The impact he is like having a wallet in the back pocket and driving kind of it puts them off)

What I did after the new arrival

1. Seat covers from M&M with added foams to avoid the bucket bolster pressure
2. Installed fog lamps from M&M
3. Changed to Conti Tyres with a similar profile
4. Red caliper painting done

I have already posted pics and experience for all of these, and last night was a whole new experience. Audio was upgraded to Audison with premium high-end damping done. The entire new world of audio experience, at this point, I will stop spending on this, and I think it's a complete package now I always listened to great-sounding systems. The one with AX5L disappointed me, and I went for a change. What I listen to now is amazing. We had some issues. One of the right door speakers needed to get power output. Later, they figured it was like that from the beginning, and the shop figured it out and fixed it for me. No wire cut was done, and all the company's original sockets were. AUTO STYLE from Kormangala did the job!
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_1863.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_1864.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_1866.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_1865.jpg  

srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 13:49   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk_3XO View Post
I got my AX7L delivered on Wednesday. This dealership initially told me that 2 vehicles were available in May. But when I got mine delivered, they said this is the first AX7L they are delivering.

Congratulations !!!

Which dealer you have booked at ?
Can you share colour, engine and transmission type?
Also few pics
LiveToDrive2404 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 14:07   #747

Quote:
There are some niggles on the infotainment system (which lacks Android Auto and Apple Car play) which hangs at times and the Illuminated Scuff Plate does not 'Illuminate'.
Did you try turning on the WiFi in the car settings? That got my Android Auto started.
The real niggle is, every time you start the car, you have to toggle that WiFi button on/off in order to connect with Android Auto.
Old 26th July 2024, 16:02   #748

Quote:
Congratulations !!!

Which dealer you have booked at ?
Can you share colour, engine and transmission type?
Also few pics
I booked a AX7L Stealth Black TGDi AT DT through Automotive manufacturers, NM Road, Chennai.

The booking was done on 15th May 2024 by the dealer. I had to follow up with the sales representative for 2 weeks to get the booking ID.
Within 2 weeks, I got a call from the dealer saying Citrine Yellow and Cherry red are available and I can have any of them if I want. I refused and stuck to my booking. They kept on postponing it week after week without a definite timeline. In the meanwhile, a competition dealer who I had enquired with called me about the variant saying it's available. The current dealership promised to match the delivery date and made me wait till the vehicle was allotted to someone else.
I got frustrated with the experience and wrote a mail to the National Sales Head of Mahindra and tagged the dealer Chairman in the mail.

Within an hour, I got a call from the Area Sales Manager of Mahindra who promised me allocation within 10 days and requested me not to escalate it again. As promised, the vehicle was allocated within 8 days, came to the dealership after 4 days and was delivered within a week with the number plates.

The whole buying experience was frustrating and the dealership kept apologising on the day of the delivery. The dealership has their delivery area in a dark, dingy basement that isn't even cleaned properly. I just took my vehicle and went out of the place as soon as I could.

The dealership didn't even let me look through the forms and just made me sign on every paper. There were 2 feedback forms that they kept to fill themselves.

Anyway, I am really happy that I finally got my car after the entire ordeal. I am sharing a photo from that basement. Forgive me for the quality of the photo and the place.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image-final.jpg

A couple of initial observations:
  • I love the way the car responded and I found the steering feedback decent. I didn't observe any turbo lag or sudden jerks during my ride back home as quoted by some fellow owners
  • I added illuminated scuff plates and hence there is a little difficulty in closing the doors properly. I have to use some force.
  • The boot door didn't close properly and we had to apply some force there too. The showroom guys assured me that these issues will sort themselves out before the first service
  • The harman/kardon music system isn't great but it is decent and does the job for me. I am not an audiophile
  • The interiors are huge dust magnets and even you shoe touching the side of the door can make it very dirty. I need to find a way to overcome this. Any suggestions from people who have white interiors in their cars will surely help. Thanks in advance.
rhk_3XO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 17:02   #749
BHPian

Hi All,

Any recommendations on a good Mahindra dealership in Bangalore and a SA with whom folks here have had a good experience booking and taking delivery of the 3XO?

I have only ever purchased a bike as a new vehicle and actually went across Bangalore (from Hennur side to HSR) just because I thought the dealer down south had better review. Definitely don't mind doing it again.

I would also appreciate any leads on dealerships that are allowing potential customers to take longer test drives. I went to Siresh Auto near SilkBoard and their test drive route is too short to get a decent feel of what a car is like to live with day to day. I am actually only interested in the MX2 Pro AT variant, so a MPFI AT test drive vehicle would be nice.

OR

did any dealer start delivering the MX variants in Bangalore. If so, they might have a MX display vehicle. I need to verify the seat height (since Mahindra in their infinite wisdom seems to think seat height adjuster is a premium feature) in the lower variants.
Old 26th July 2024, 17:54   #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez_70 View Post
I got my XUV3XO AX5 TGDI delivered on Saturday. I got the car in about 20 days after booking. Could have got the car earlier but the process of BH registration was delayed. I was not aware of AX5 with the TGDI and it was just 10K extra than the TCMPFI. So this was a no brainer for me. I have started a new thread discussing my initial impressions about the car. and can be found here:
This is truly surprising! I bought the AX5 variant with the TCMPFI engine at Rs 10.69 lakh ex-showroom last month. It is from the the first batch of 3XOs manufactured in April 2024. On Road price quoted in Bangalore was around Rs 13.42. But I got a good discount in insurance since I went with Acko compared to what showroom offered and as a result, my on road price was Rs 13 lakh if I round off.

If you don't mind sharing, how did you manage to get the TGDI engine at just Rs 10k more? Could you please share the ex-showroom price for your vehicle and what was the final on-road price you paid. Is this option of upgrade to TGDI AX5 variant still available in your city or showroom where you bought? Because, in the showrooms here in Bangalore, only the AX5L onwards get that engine and it is a good Rs 1.3 lakh more expensive in the ex-showroom price itself. Mahindra should have announced this publicly so that more initial buyers could have encashed on this opportunity.
redrango is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks