Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2024, 11:27   #631

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Aren't these far too many limitations? Someone with knowledge of Koreans or other manufacturers with ADAS capabilities please compare and share your thoughts.
Check this out too to know how Mahindra has tuned ADAS for Indian conditions.

Old 9th July 2024, 12:38   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Drive View Post
Check this out too to know how Mahindra has tuned ADAS for Indian conditions.

https://Youtu.be/vaKXDigeRGw?si=BjANTqQSfSFZ1E1D
Thank you. However, I am more interested in understanding if ADAS from international companies like Honda, Hyundai, Kia and the germans have similar limitations.
lightfootdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:01   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmaj View Post
The front seats are shockingly narrow and might not be comfortable for well built people on long journeys.
The 3XO seats look to be the same as the 300 in terms of basic shape and size. I'm a rather "healthy" gentleman at 5'10", 100+kg. I recently did a Pune-Nagpur (~750km one side) run. In fact I drove Pune-Yavatmal myself, then handed it over to my friend. Didn't find it uncomfortable. A dedicated dead-pedal would've been nice to have on Samrudhhi expressway. But apart from that, the seat was plenty comfortable.

And it's not just me. I have a 6'4" friend who can also use the same seat quite well. We recently tried it out in the showroom.

Maybe you're finding the side bolstering a bit thicker, making the seat feel more narrow?

Quote:
It has Q&C issues here and there like all Tatas and Mahindras do. No matter how much our home grown try they can't match the perfection of the Koreans in terms of fit and finish. The Sonet looks more premium and modern.
Can you elucidate a few issues you observed? I am curious to know what kind of issues these were. Especially since we're painting Tata with the same brush.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:48   #634
BHPian

Did anyone get their SD card installed for the built in Dashcam feature using the 360 degree cameras (present only in Luxury variants)
Old 9th July 2024, 14:50   #635

Has anyone had any issues with the Dealer Anant Cars ORR, Bangalore? For me, form 20 was raised on 3rd July but now dealer is saying registration is stuck. We dont seem to have any visibility on what is happening at the back end.

The car is allotted to me already as I can see the car telematics in the Adrenox App. But beyond that I have no clue of the process.

Initial date of delivery was 5th July, that went on to become 7th July. Then they said 10th July and now it has become unknown (as of 9th July, 2024).

Dealer sales team does not seem to be responding to calls properly now. So, cant even follow up properly. Any advice?
Old 9th July 2024, 16:12   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
The 3XO seats look to be the same as the 300 in terms of basic shape and size. I'm a rather "healthy" gentleman at 5'10", 100+kg. I recently did a Pune-Nagpur (~750km one side) run. In fact I drove Pune-Yavatmal myself, then handed it over to my friend. Didn't find it uncomfortable. A dedicated dead-pedal would've been nice to have on Samrudhhi expressway. But apart from that, the seat was plenty comfortable.

And it's not just me. I have a 6'4" friend who can also use the same seat quite well. We recently tried it out in the showroom.

Maybe you're finding the side bolstering a bit thicker, making the seat feel more narrow?

Can you elucidate a few issues you observed? I am curious to know what kind of issues these were. Especially since we're painting Tata with the same brush.

I visited multiple showrooms in the last weekend to decide on the second choice after 3x0 as there is no update on delivery either from Mahindra or the dealership. I checked and test drove Brezza, Venue and Sonet. I found the front seats of 3X0 narrowest amongst them and its definitely due to the side bolstering. I have never sat in an XUV300 so can not make any comment on it but the seats in my aging XUV500 are far better and comfortable than the 3X0.

The dealership has AX5 L and AX7 L in display. The AX7 L looked fine however, it took 3 attempts to close the front passenger door in the AX5 L due to the rubber beading issue. The Boot was not closing perfectly due to minor misalignment. I did not take any pics but I am familiar with this. I had same issues with all the doors in my Tiago not getting closed in first attempt. I have first hand experience with both because of long term ownership of XUV500 and Tiago. The difference in fit and finish is very evident when you take a look at Sonet/Venue and 3X0 back to back.
Old 9th July 2024, 18:55   #637
BHPian

Quote:
I visited multiple showrooms in the last weekend to decide on the second choice after 3x0 as there is no update on delivery either from Mahindra or the dealership. I checked and test drove Brezza, Venue and Sonet. I found the front seats of 3X0 narrowest amongst them and its definitely due to the side bolstering. I have never sat in an XUV300 so can not make any comment on it but the seats in my aging XUV500 are far better and comfortable than the 3X0.
I also faced the same issue and decided not to purchase XUV 3XO since its almost impossible to sit for even 30 minutes in the driver seat of 3XO. Its even narrower than cars which are 2 segment below. It's purely a Research & Development issue on Mahindra's front.

My suggestion for you is to test drive the VENUE N Line DCT if you are looking for a premium looking compact SUV. The seats of N-line are different than a normal Venue and they offer supreme comfort during long drives.
Another Option - If you are searching for a manual transmission, go and get CRETA S 1.5 MT at the same price. This is also a very comfortable car and comes at same price-point.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 9th July 2024 at 19:00.
Old 10th July 2024, 07:17   #638
BHPian

Quote:
The XUV500 is a different class of car. Also, usage over team tends to flatten out foam, so it would've made the seat mold to your shape over time.

Quote:
The dealership has AX5 L and AX7 L in display. The AX7 L looked fine however, it took 3 attempts to close the front passenger door in the AX5 L due to the rubber beading issue. The Boot was not closing perfectly due to minor misalignment. I did not take any pics but I am familiar with this. I had same issues with all the doors in my Tiago not getting closed in first attempt. I have first hand experience with both because of long term ownership of XUV500 and Tiago. The difference in fit and finish is very evident when you take a look at Sonet/Venue and 3X0 back to back.
That is very unfortunate.

But do keep in mind that showroom showpiece cars are constantly being abused by hundreds of people walking in and using it as they please, so they are bound to get messed up. So that could easily explain the door beading. Customers getting in and out, closing the door with obstructions can very easily mess up the beading.

The boot misalignment seems to be observed by at least one other person in this thread. That is poor execution on M&M's part.

That Tiago issue sounds curious. We've never had such issues with our Tiago.

I did sit in and drive a friend's brand new Sonet recently, and didn't really find the fit and finish all that superior. Might've been a bit smoother around some edges, but that's about it. Nothing to write home about. It does feel like the budget CSUV that it is designed to be.
Old 10th July 2024, 09:05   #639
BHPian

Some of the limitations cited are inherent due to the 1 radar + 1 camera configuration used. Both are line of sight and hence when following any car uphill the car will be lost from sight once it passes the crest. Also, Radar depends on reflections from the object and hence narrower objects like Motor cycle will not be detected by the Radar as cited in the video. These limitations would be present in any ADAS with 1R1V configuration.

If a bike suddenly cuts the ADAS cannot do much as 1) there may not be enough input data and 2) there may not enough time to initiate AEB. There is always a warning and then a delay and then only AEB cuts in.

By definition ADAS L2 supposes that the driver is ready to control at any time.

Mahindra has gone on record saying that 3XO has the same ADAS system as XUV700. XUV700 ADAS is the result of collaboration with Mobileye. Now Mobileye is an Intel company whose systems are used by most of the leading global car brands including VW and BMW. Also, the radar in XUV700 is from Mando, a Korean company.

From the above I think any other manufacturer with similar configuration and components will have the same limitations.
TwinBishop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 15:07   #640

Check out this video from Mahindra DIY on use of surround view system for parking assistance in L variants of 3XO.

Old 10th July 2024, 21:05   #641

Hello all,
I don’t know if anyone else is facing the same issue but, Mahindra website shows some technical error while trying to access my vehicle bookings.
Last night my booking date for the AX7L changed back to the 16th May 2024. Unfortunately with the responses and the after booking process I had , I have had to cancel my booking. It seemed like a great opportunity and package to have but waiting for most single car owners isn’t a choice.
In contrast - Kia has been an heaven sent, the team on my first visit were able to arrange for a test drive , answer my queries and book my vehicle while also promising to deliver the same in 3 days. I went to multiple dealers and got great deals too. If anyone are looking to switch - The Kia seltos HTX vfm model retails after the discount and offers to about 1 lakh more with full warranty for 5 years , service and accessories included. FYI . Hope it helps .
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_8653.jpeg  

yjndrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 02:22   #642
BHPian

Hi Fellas,
I booked the AX7L MT on May 15th but never got to test drive the manual variant of TGDI engine as it was not available at my dealership (CAI, Coimbatore). The other dealership in the city (Ramani) did not respond well to my test drive requests even after two visits to them. I would appreciate if anyone who got a chance to drive the manual variant of GDI engine could share a quick review.

Below are my observations the AX5L AT variant during my ~20 km test drive:

Test Drive:
- Gear shifts are buttery smooth and barely noticeable.
- ADAS has no use case in city limits. Hence did not bother to test it.
- Steering felt a bit vague, especially during quick overtakes.
- The TC gearbox keeps the engine around 2K RPM to mask the turbo lag (which is not a bad thing IMO). Even in manual mode, it won't let us upshift under 2K!
- Suspension setup is excellent.
- Blind spot camera feed on the instrument cluster is useful.
- There was a mild squealing noise from engine bay for a few seconds whenever I floored the throttle.
- Every time the car moved from standstill, I felt the engine juddering a little bit. Not sure if it had to do with auto hold feature but my Tiago (also a 3 pot) does the same at times, especially when on AC.

And now some of the likes & dislikes of the AX7L MT I had booked:

- Loaded with features from cars above its class (sky roof, ADAS L2, 6 airbags, all wheel disc brakes, MTV CL tech, TPMS, Digital cockpit, etc)
- Soft touch dashboard & door trims looks very premium
- Despite being only covering 3/4th of the roof, the sky roof is very much usable and rear passengers can enjoy the sky view.
- Height adjustable seat belts
- Dual zone climate control with physical buttons
- White seats screams premium all over them (I don't mind cleaning it often)
- Full wheel well claddings on all four wheels.
- Front underbody is protected by a plastic cover underneath.
- Two reverse lights at the back (no cheap cost cutting)
- Useful 360 degree camera setup.
- Real TPMS system with pressure & temperature read outs
- Smooth opening glove box which is HUGE

Dislikes:
- No dead pedal in manual variants (even my 8 year old Tiago has it).
- No telescopic steering wheel.
- Rear under thigh support is the same as hatchbacks. Should have been better.
- Rear seat height is a bit lower for my liking. Not a deal breaker as it is used only by my daughter for 90% of the time.
- My boss (aka wife) felt the window line to be on the higher side (almost to her neck level).
- Front passenger seat is placed lower and could use some height adjustment.
- Mediocre audio quality, even on the AX7L variant found in the showroom display. Tried tweaking audio settings but nothing helped. I hope it has to do with software and not the underlying hardware itself. It does not deserve to be HK branded at the current state of tune.
- Head unit is also slow to respond to changes in audio settings (for example, EQ mode changes take a sweet 2 to 3 seconds to reflect).
- White trims on the bottom half trims will be a disaster to maintain.
- Ventilated seats could have been icing on the cake (I heard leatherette seats + summer will be sweaty?)
- Minimum 95 octane fuel requirement (hard to find in all fuel stations + expensive).
- Limited ADAS & Adrenox features for manual variants (no Adaptive Cruise Control, no smart pilot, no remote start, etc).
- No grab handle on the doors (very helpful to hold on to)
- Kerb weights are not published anywhere. I wonder why?

Finally some pictures from my multiple showroom visits & test drives:

Underbody Protection:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_005602012.png

Shallow cup holders:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_005849984.png

Reverse lights on both sides:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_010022126.png

Full wheel well cladding:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_010127818.png

Under thigh support (Top:Tiago, Bottom: 3XO)
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_010248502.png

Boot mat accessory was of good quality:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_010442631.png

Airbag sign hidden by leatherette layer:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_010558477.png

Usable sun roof:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_010755047.png

Door open reflector not provided for rear doors:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_010948721.png

Min RON 95 on fuel lid:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_011135666.png

Confusing tyre pressure recommendation label with multiple UOMs:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_011316793.png

Rear bumper accessory:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_011602647.png

Front bumper accessory:
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_011755510.png

Not that big next to my Tiago isn't it?
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_012021567.png
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_012155426.png
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-image_20240711_012310596.png
250Nm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 09:51   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
Not that big next to my Tiago isn't it?
Interestingly, I noticed that the XUV 300 (which has the same dimensions as the 3XO) looks almost as big as compared to a car from the next segment.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img20240711wa0007.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img20240711wa0008.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img20240711wa0009.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img20240711wa0010.jpg

Should these cars be called crossovers at this point?

Image Credits: https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-xuv3...dai-creta/amp/

Last edited by Tensor : 11th July 2024 at 10:15. Reason: Typo
Tensor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 10:25   #644
BHPian

Revised accessories list from a WhatsApp group.

XUV3XO Accessories Catalogue V1.7.pdf
250Nm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 11:42   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensor View Post
Interestingly, I noticed that the XUV 300 (which has the same dimensions as the 3XO) looks almost as big as compared to a car from the next segment.
Isn't that technically because the XUV300/3XO is a chopped Ssangyong Tivoli? The Tivoli is a Hyundai Creta sized car (especially the first gen Creta).

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot-20240711-11.38.318239am.png

For example, here is a screenshot from a website in the Philippines which compared the 2nd Gen Creta with the Ssangyong Tivoli. The Tivoli is actually wider - 1795 mm vs 1790 and has a wheelbase which is only 10 mm shorter - 2600 mm vs 2610 mm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks