Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2024, 21:06   #616
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

I test drove the XUV 3XO and found the front seats to be extremely uncomfortable since they are too narrow. The back bolstering of the driver seat of XUV 3XO makes it impossible for driver to sink in the seat properly. For instance; seats are smaller than i20 and grand i10. Only lean and thin physique persons can fit in the driver’s seat of XUV 3XO.

I have taken test drive of Venue N-Line, Sonet, Elevate, Creta. I own an i20 and Innova Hycross. As per my experience, I find the seats of XUV 3XO to be the narrowest amongst all competitors. I could not sit in it for even 10-15 mins of test drive. Hence I had to reject this vehicle. Going ahead with Venue N-line purchase.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th July 2024 at 17:45. Reason: Typos
Paritoshkalra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 21:06   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
While ADAS is good to have, in my opinion its still something that can be skipped. Nonetheless I feel the AX5 L should be a good variant to go for with the TGDI engine and 6 speed AT.

Its has a good feature set, more than you need and is fun to drive as well.

Hope this helps
I found this one on google and made this sticker! For ADAS cautioning!
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_1681.jpg  

srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 06:50   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Happens View Post
I don't think so. Thar was selling in black because there was nothing like it in its segment. So people were paying premium to get it. Whereas 3xo is selling like a hotcake because its a value for money car right now. It provides features at slightly less price than the competition. Increase the price a bit and it'll end up like xuv 300. A Lot of competition in its segment.
I booked at two dealers in Chennai. Not sure who shared my number, I got a call from unknown person promising dlivery in one week with following list of vehicles
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot_20240707_064738_whatsapp.jpg  

LiveToDrive2404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 13:34   #619
BHPian

My MX1 grey arrived at the dealership yard in Wednesday. I did the PDI on the same day.

Although the dealer forced me to pay the Ex showroom price as soon as the vehicle was allotted, or else it might be reassigned to somebody else. Seemed like a borderline threat, but at least they got the vehicle early.

I asked for it to be delivered on July 9 Wednesday. They said they would do the registration on Monday and deliver it on Wednesday.

Now they say, RTO has not approved the design for mx1 variant yet, and it will take a day or two more. Seems like mine is the first batch of mx1 in Chennai. Let's see.
Benoit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 16:55   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I test drove the XUV 3XO and found the front seats to be extremely uncomfortable since they are too narrow. The back bolstering of the driver seat of XUV 3XO makes it impossible for driver to sink in the seat properly. For instance; seats are smaller than i20 and grand i10. Only lean and thin physique persons can fit in the driver’s seat of XUV 3XO.

I have taken test drive of Venue N-Line, Sonet, Elevate, Creta. I own an i20 and Innova Hycross. As per my experience, I find the seats of XUV 3XO to be the narrowest amongst all competitors. I could not sit in it for even 10-15 mins of test drive. Hence I had to reject this vehicle. Going ahead with Venue N-line purchase.
I agree and am now using a rubberized coir additional seat on top of the seat to make it better. It has its cons, like moving around while getting in and out. If I don't use it, it triggers sciatic nerve pain. It's a BIG compromise with a great package, unfortunately.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th July 2024 at 17:44. Reason: Typos
srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 21:47   #621
BHPian

Here is a video showing some limitations in the adaptive cruise control feature of the 3XO.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th July 2024 at 06:23. Reason: Added a statement to show the context of the video link
wolf_lone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 22:10   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinbaruah View Post
Need some help here. Today I installed the 70mai Dash Cam A510 Set. And the dascham is connected to the USB port. I believe it’s an always on USB port as my dashcam is on even when I stitch off and lock the car. As such I believe no hardwiring is required for the parking mode. Correct me if I am wrong please. If the camera is on continuously I just want to know if it will drain the battery in how much time?
I installed the dashcam from my old car on the 3XO (AX5L) yesterday and noticed the same behaviour. The camera was ON even after the car was fully switched off and locked. I tested it for an hour and the camera was still recording. I was anxious about battery drain as well (I don't drive daily, so if I leave it, it may be 4-5 days before I start the car again). Would be great to have parking monitoring without having to hardwire. If only we can get concrete info on whether or not we should worry about battery drain and what would be the threshold. The dealership guys have no knowledge on these things, so not sure how we can understand this.
Stormbringer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 23:04   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
My MX1 grey arrived at the dealership yard in Wednesday. I did the PDI on the same day.

Although the dealer forced me to pay the Ex showroom price as soon as the vehicle was allotted, or else it might be reassigned to somebody else. Seemed like a borderline threat, but at least they got the vehicle early.

I asked for it to be delivered on July 9 Wednesday. They said they would do the registration on Monday and deliver it on Wednesday.

Now they say, RTO has not approved the design for mx1 variant yet, and it will take a day or two more. Seems like mine is the first batch of mx1 in Chennai. Let's see.
Congratulations!

I also booked MX1 in grey colour. I don’t find any pics/videos of MX1 variant online. Could you please share some pics? Also as per the brochure, this variant doesn’t come with keyless entry. Did you get a chance to see the key of the vehicle? Was it a foldable one or old type model?
Old 8th July 2024, 16:50   #624

Today I asked the sales guy to cancel my booking. Its been 8 weeks and he was unable to provide any transparency over the delivery date. I told him if he can't deliver the car before 20th July then cancel it. He asked for a canceled cheque on WhatsApp and I provided it to him. Called him again for cancellation confirmation and he told me he was home today, will cancel tomorrow and I'll get the refund cheque in 10-15 days. Mahindra is really keeping its customers in the dark by not providing any delivery date to customers even after 2 months of booking. Although I was really excited for the car, but looks like Mahindra's ignorance not gonna have me one. Now I'm thinking of buying a Hyundai Venue.
Shift_Happens is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 18:54   #625
BHPian

So, I visit a Mahindra showroom yesterday to check the 3XO for the first time though booking was done on 15th May.
I liked the boxy design. The front seats are shockingly narrow and might not be comfortable for well built people on long journeys. It has Q&C issues here and there like all Tatas and Mahindras do. No matter how much our home grown try they can't match the perfection of the Koreans in terms of fit and finish. The Sonet looks more premium and modern.
On the other hand, when enquired on the delivery time line no one has any clue in the dealership. They mentioned 10 weeks waiting time but it reminded me of the Chinese dinner scene of Seinfeld. I have sold my car hence feeling like Elaine
Old 8th July 2024, 20:08   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Congratulations!

I also booked MX1 in grey colour. I don’t find any pics/videos of MX1 variant online. Could you please share some pics? Also as per the brochure, this variant doesn’t come with keyless entry. Did you get a chance to see the key of the vehicle? Was it a foldable one or old type model?
There are a few videos of mx1 on YouTube now. In case you haven't seen one

JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 21:30   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Here is a video showing some limitations in the adaptive cruise control feature of the 3XO.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=coa2J5zKUQA
Aren't these far too many limitations? Someone with knowledge of Koreans or other manufacturers with ADAS capabilities please compare and share your thoughts.
Old 9th July 2024, 00:06   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Congratulations!

I took only one picture :
[ATTACH=IMG_7239.jpeg]mx1 exterior[/ATTACH]

There are mx1 videos in YouTube now. You can check them. The keys are foldable, but the key fob does not have any buttons. So this variant doesn't even have remote central locking. I don't think key less entry can be done after market.

One thing that I found odd was that, there was only one type c port in the center console. Not sure if it's just for charging or its the one meant for connecting the phone with the infotainment system when installed later.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_7239.jpeg  

Last edited by Benoit : 9th July 2024 at 00:08.
Benoit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 01:06   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
There are a few videos of mx1 on YouTube now. In case you haven't seen one

Mahindra XUV 3X0 MX1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I took only one picture :
[ATTACH=IMG_7239.jpeg]mx1 exterior[/ATTACH]

There are mx1 videos in YouTube now. You can check them. The keys are foldable, but the key fob does not have any buttons. So this variant doesn't even have remote central locking. I don't think key less entry can be done after market.

One thing that I found odd was that, there was only one type c port in the center console. Not sure if it's just for charging or its the one meant for connecting the phone with the infotainment system when installed later.
Thank you! I was tired of searching updates on MX1 variant and didn’t check anything about that one in last 10 days. My dealer also didn’t share any positive news on delivery and I thought the company hasn’t even started production of this variant. There are many videos available in Youtube now and looks like MX1 is available across the country.

Yesteryear remote lock/unlock can be installed with the inbuilt manual central locking mechanism but keyless system may not be a straightforward aftermarket solution.
Old 9th July 2024, 10:17   #630

3xO AX5L AT allotments have started in Mumbai. SAs are saying delivery in ~10 days post allotment.
PetrolheadYk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks