Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2024, 20:02   #601
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings
You can log-in and check the booking details by clicking on your 'profile' icon on the top right. Then you can go in menu (3 dots) and click on 'Track your vehicle'.
I was able to see the tracking option yesterday but the page did not load. Now I can't see the "track your vehicle" option at all. Not sure if it's only for me. Seems like the whole tracking system was off and they will probably be updating it soon. Atleast that's what I hope.
Old 4th July 2024, 20:49   #602

Need some help here. Today I installed the 70mai Dash Cam A510 Set. And the dascham is connected to the USB port. I believe it’s an always on USB port as my dashcam is on even when I stitch off and lock the car. As such I believe no hardwiring is required for the parking mode. Correct me if I am wrong please. If the camera is on continuously I just want to know if it will drain the battery in how much time?
Old 5th July 2024, 02:25   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nothing specific about your post as such, I'm just using it to piggyback and pick a point to ponder on the forum - in general everywhere since the 3XO arrived - everyone seems to test with "vertically placed" bags and of course its evident that they fit. No questioning that.

But is this enough to convince the people that this boot is now as "big" as the other ones on offer?
Well, I can share my perspective, earlier XUV300 boot space was just for namesake, one could hardly use it. But with this new update its improved and no more a dealbreaker per say. If I’d have been shopping in this segment, would’ve definitely gone for the XUV3X0 due to fundamentals being right-
  • Engine
  • Ride
  • NVH
  • Spacious interior with decent quality
  • Safety!
Regarding the boot-space, the competition has it better, no 2 ways about it, but if you observe the pic carefully the centre bag although placed vertically is on its side, which shows the depth of the space. I tend to use the boot to keep mostly bags, once in a while plant pots, minor nic nacks, tyre inflator etc. I think this boot can handle all that well.
Old 5th July 2024, 07:48   #604
BHPian

One of my colleagues was very interested in an AX5 model, and as it so happened, I had a quick check with him. The observations below are of the petrol AX5 model. For privacy reasons, I have edited faces and number plates out of the photos. SO here goes :

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-01front.jpg

Personally, I am still not a fan of this weirdo face. To be honest, the XUV3OO looked better, but that is just my opinion. And I prefer darker colors that mask the unnecessary cuts and creases. That said, I do like the wide squat stance and it's good they didn't make it taller and narrower as we have seen in the Quanto/KUV100 etc.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-02side.jpg

The sides are agreeable, and the alloys look nice. The twin peaks logo looks eons better than the old Mahindra Rise emblem.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-03side-rear.jpg

The rear looks suddenly chipped off, and in my opinion they could have gone for a larger 4.2 or 4.3m format to balance the looks. I am not a fan of the excessively busy rear either.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-04rear.jpg

At the rear, the connected light bar imparts a distinctive look. To be frank, the boot was not as small as I expected. Though large family excursions may be impossible, I feel the boot is sufficient enough to handle the needs of a small family. However, the loading lip is very tall and can put a strain when handling heavy baggage. The SA said that the spare tyre has a smaller sidewall.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-05drive-1.jpg

On the go, the XUV 3XO felt sprightly and plenty powerful for it's class. I did not drive it, but my friend remarked it felt good. This was the manual variant. The NVH was also good and felt better than the Honda Elevate.

All three rear seats had individual head-rests also and were quite comfortable. One thing I didn't like so much was that you are seated quite low in the rear, and the window line is very high.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-06drive-2.jpg

The camera and display looked sharp. All controls were laid out well and finished in good material choices. You get a confident, commanding look out.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-06handlesdoorpads.jpg

The AX5 model also came with white interiors (not visible in this photo) but fabric seats. Note that the AX5 model does not have the soft-touch door pads - I think this may be only in higher models. No ventilated seats here, and no UV-cut glass either if I am not mistaken.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-07rear-ac.jpg

The air-conditioning was top-notch and the rear seats were excellent for three passengers, key points over the VW Taigun.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-08sunroof.jpg

We didn't check the sunroof out as it was a hot day. The higher variants have a bigger "Skyroof". ]The roof liner looked a-ok.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-09height-adjust-seatbelts.jpg

The seatbelts at the front were height-adjustable. The SA claimed all models have 6 airbags too.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-10gloss-black-arm.jpg

There is a generous use of piano black which I am not too fond of. However, this is just nit-picking and Mahindra needs to be commended for giving good interiors for this car.
SithDefender is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 10:13   #605

Hello,

This is my first post.
I had booked AX7 L AT on 15th May through dealer. Right now, its showing booking made on 17th May.
Delivery date was showing 23rd Jun 2024 till yesterday. Estimated delivery was 2024-05-17. Today, the track your vehicle option is not there on the site .

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-3xo-status.jpg  

Old 5th July 2024, 13:51   #606

Hi Everyone,

After my post yesterday, It seems that Mahindra has removed the "Track You Vehicle" option from the website.

On this I had a chat with Mahindra's Area sales Manager for West.

As per him July 2024 months allocation is due today at Mahindra and this might be the reason behind removal of tracking option.

He said that once allocation is done he will get back to me.

We might also see the tracking option once allocation is done.

He personally mentioned that we might get the vehicle allotted this month.

My only worry here is Mahindra should not do the un-ethical allotment. Still not sure how they are managing the online and Dealer booking who is getting preference but anyways hopeful for this month to get the delivery.

Posting screenshot below.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240705-1.41.04-pm.jpeg  

BeastLoading is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 14:02   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningMcking View Post
Hello,

This is my first post.
I had booked AX7 L AT on 15th May through dealer. Right now, its showing booking made on 17th May.
Delivery date was showing 23rd Jun 2024 till yesterday. Estimated delivery was 2024-05-17. Today, the track your vehicle option is not there on the site .

Thanks,
Hello, sorry for the long post .
I understand your frustration, I’m facing the same issue too: booked on the 15th , but it’s been changed to 17th on the newly designed website. (Maybe a glitch , the dealer insists it’s still the actual date on his end)

Tried to get in touch with the customer care but in vain . They, immaterial to request have a policy to re-route it to the dealer. The dealer unfortunately has no information regarding the allotment or delivery date .

According to the information provided to me by the dealer after a little cajoling was -

A) They are facing some form of software glitch and the part required to resolve the issue would only be available from the external oem ( it’s manufactured outside of Mahindra per him ) by the 20th of Jul.

B) Due to this, the delivery date appears to be sometime in the mid of August for our trim (AX7L) ( Mahindra and its love of the 15th of Aug is well known )

Of course it’s disappointing to buyers, in my case they had promised to deliver on the 15th of Jul at the latest , due to which I sold my older car and have had to make alternative arrangements.

The car and it’s features are amazing, we were able to take a proper look at the AX7L nebula blue at the dealer, and drive a AX5 manual.

The highlights to me are -
1) The seating position - the drivability and position for both me and my wife was perfect, it sits high and my wife who is short was able to easily park and turn , the turn radius is good too.

2) The steering was light and makes manoeuvring in city traffic easy, and the modes helped in the highway.

3) we drove the diesel variant, I didn’t feel I had any issues with the turbo lag or with the clutch travel.

4) The interior in the Ax7L makes it feel premium and airy .

I’m happy to wait, but some flow of information is needed from the company to the customer.
They could have handled it a lot better if they would have waited to resolve the issues with the screen and software, instead of doing RnD using the initial customers. Maybe I am wrong

Hope this helps .
yjndrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 16:41   #608

I had posted with a similar query a few days back about the booking date mismatch. Looks like 17-May is their favorite booking date! I too do not see any tracking details for the car I booked and I have also observed that the website (especially the booking details part) changes far too frequently.
Old 5th July 2024, 17:08   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningMcking View Post
Hello,

This is my first post.

Thanks,
I pre-booked the car on 9th may in my nearby showroom. My booking date is 15th may in mahindra app and 18th may on website for the same booking ref id. Don't know what it is that the mahindra developers are smoking.
Old 5th July 2024, 20:52   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
How are the AX5L trim’s stock speakers?
Mids are good, but a little high above 13-14(Vol) sounds horrible. I used to listen to Arkamys on my previous Venue. It was great. This comes no way closer.
srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 21:51   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post

Suspension was good and felt like the XUV700s FSD system, though it doesnt have that tech.
No, the XUV 3X0 does get, FSD. Velusami, Mahindra's automotive head, specifically mentioned that, in the launch presentation.
Old 5th July 2024, 22:44   #612
Senior - BHPian

Why doesn't mahindra add another plant? There is huge demand for their cars
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 00:07   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Why doesn't mahindra add another plant? There is huge demand for their cars
They already have 6 plants. That are producing around 50k vehicles per month and are expanding to around 65k per month by the end of FY25.
Old 6th July 2024, 11:30   #614
BHPian

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot_20240706112611852_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Found this post in a XUV3XO owners group. So black marketing of XUV3XO has started just like the Thar 2020?

Last edited by sharmanova : 6th July 2024 at 11:32.
Old 6th July 2024, 20:31   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
Attachment 2624409

Found this post in a XUV3XO owners group. So black marketing of XUV3XO has started just like the Thar 2020?
I don't think so. Thar was selling in black because there was nothing like it in its segment. So people were paying premium to get it. Whereas 3xo is selling like a hotcake because its a value for money car right now. It provides features at slightly less price than the competition. Increase the price a bit and it'll end up like xuv 300. A Lot of competition in its segment.
Shift_Happens is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks