Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2024, 21:42   #556

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Drive View Post
Just took an insurance quote from Acko. Asked for the top end variant AX7L Petrol Auto and added all add-ons. Here is the quote attached. Just for reference to compare the dealer's insurance quote.
Acko insurance is not good in terms of Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR). Reference: https://www.insurancedekho.com/car-i...aim-settlement.

My health insurance at office is Acko. I personally know that its not so great for large amount claims.

I used ICICI Lombard and Royal Sundaram for my Car insurance. Both of them approved the claims without much discussion. If possible, we can avoid Acko.

Also my friend got AX5 Diesel AMT Variant. When we showed the online quote from Royal Sundaram as 40K to dealer. He gave SBI insurance at 42K from Mahindra itself. We went for 42K as it will be hassle free during claims.
LiveToDrive2404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 22:23   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAcademic View Post
Hello everyone and this is my first post here!
<...>
  • I have been driving around only in Zip mode which was the default mode when I took delivery of the car.
Hello everyone again! It's been quite a bit since my original post here and I thought I'd provide some updates. In my previous post, alas, I made one tiny mistake which folks who own the car may have perhaps noticed. The default driving mode on my car (and perhaps in other similar variants) is the Zap mode and not the Zip as I had erroneously noted in the quoted post.

So, here are my updates and there are quite a bunch of them.

A few additional notes on the car at delivery:

For those who may wish to compare what they have (or will have):
  • My car (AX5 L) came equipped with Apollo Apterra Cross tyres. I have nothing to compare against and the tyres have been good and not given me anything to make a particular note about.
  • I have an Exide battery in the car for what it's worth.
  • I took the dealer/Mahindra provided ICICI Lombard insurance with all features that the insurance provides included, and it cost me ₹46k. I believe someone else here also posted this and at least it corroborated that the dealership quote was appropriate.

Some notes on the experience and performance:

• The minor issue with a vibration during auto hold on braking with AC on which I had noted in my original post seems to have, thankfully, resolved itself. This is no longer noticeable.
  • The AC seems to be pretty but, I don't have anything recent or concrete to compare with. I try to keep it at 24ºC in both zones mostly. Except when the outside temperatures (for reference, I'm in Delhi) was 43ºC and I had to be driving somewhere in that, setting to 22ºC or 23ºC was good enough for the cooling. Nothing about the AC seems like a point to write a negative about.
    • Sidenote: I have only used the (default?) interior circulation mode and with all windows rolled down for a minute or two at start.
  • I'm very glad I went for a seat upgrade: it is one of the black-colored "bucket" seats listed in an accessories document labeled v1.3 (or something like that) that was posted in this thread around late May 2024. These seats (Mahindra approved) were on display on a XUV 700 at the showroom we bought ours from, and my partner and I really liked it than the fabric covers that come as the default.
    • Sidenote 2: Thankfully, haven't felt the need for ventilated seats thus far, and our accessoried seats feel a bit "premium" (whatever you can infer that to be!) and they are sort of like leatherette.
  • I still haven't really driven the car much: in the 18 days since delivery, it has only been totally driven for about 725 kms; nevertheless, I took it for the first service yesterday (a bit more on it subsequently).
  • Given this preface, I have not really had any major niggle or any issue so far: still don't feel any turbo kick/lag, or anything else that has caught my attention save one niggle and one other turn camera observation (see below).
  • Unlike a poster here, I don't think I had an issue with a sudden lurching forward or backward of my car. However, I have been waiting a minute or two after start before switching to the R or D mode to allow for the air ventilation.
  • I have consistently filled only 95 RON petrol thus far, and about 75 liters in total in two visits to the pump. I would think (without having measured) that the car is providing something like 8-10 kmpl mileage the moment. It's not bothersome to me yet (as I had also noted in my first post) given the traffic, temperature and length of my driving so far, and given Mahindra's note about the car requiring about 1000 kms to break in.

Other notes and learnings about the car:

• A "gotcha" for me was the tyre pressure monitoring system. (It also gently exposes the showroom folks' lack of depth in knowing about the car.) I ended up with the rear left tyre showing low pressure at start some time ago (31 psi instead of 32 psi the other rear tyre had), and I took about two days to get it fixed. The showroom gave me a complimentary air pump (and a few other similar items) but I was a bit too occupied to getting to learn how to use it. So, some two days later, I ended up filling air at a petrol station where the person filling the air set the tyre pressure to 32 psi and filled it up.

This did not fix the TPMS's lower pressure warning although it was now displaying the tyre pressure as 32 in that left rear tyre. I happened to be in one of the other NCR cities: Gurgaon for something unrelated on a Sunday and therefore went to the other showroom owned by the same franchise folks and spoke with a sales person (or someone like that) there. (That is, this guy was not the one who helped me with buying the car.) The guy told me that the TPMS is still showing me a warning for lower pressure because of the spare tyre and I should get that inflated a bit too: I knew that there was no point in discussing this with him any further.

So, this continued on for another week, and then the right rear tyre also started showing a lower air pressure at 32 psi (the rated pressure), and now I had two tyres showing low tyre pressures in the TPMS console. I assumed that this was going to be a quality control or electronic issue, or perhaps a faulty TPMS. In fact, this along with my Monday (yesterday) afternoon schedule unexpectedly freeing up led me to go to the service center at 700-ish kms itself. (I also guessed that a service center may be relatively less busy on a Monday afternoon!)

So, this (along with the other niggle noted below) was what I apprised the customer service agent who was assigned to deal with me. A little later, the technician assigned to me told me what had gone wrong (or perhaps right!): apparently, and as noted in the car's manual, there is a learning program for the tyre pressures, and one is supposed to fill air beyond the stated ratings for a tyre until the TPMS turns green on it! That gently blew my mind and it was really one of the only few things that quite caught me completely unaware. So, for anyone reading, if you have a TPMS in your variant, please continue filling air beyond the recommendation and until the TPMS is in the green.
  • A second gotcha (also a mild SNAFU on Mahindra's part for not letting customers know) is that apparently the car's Adrenox is up and running. I have no idea why Mahindra failed to let me know so clearly. So, even though I had the AdrenoxConnect App, until yesterday I simply failed to create an account there using my registered mobile number. It appears that Mahindra has provided me with a year's worth (complimentary or already priced into the car) of Adrenox subscription.
  • On a related note, apparently the car is "internet connected" in a way I was thoroughly oblivious about. Post service, the car's time was incorrect by about 30 minutes, and the servicing technician let me know that it would resolve itself automatically since the car is going to sync with their server anyways. This is what led me to understand that Adrenox was already live.

Niggles and/or "watch out"'s:

• The biggest issue for me by far is an electronics issue that has consistently happened over all my drives. It is probably minor in the larger scheme of things but this is the one niggle that my car has: after some length of driving (say, 15 minutes or so), the turn indicator's alert sound goes silent when the turn lights are on. The turn indicator is then silent for about 15-30 seconds before the alert sound inside the car comes on again. I flagged this during my service but I don't think the technicians quite know what this could be due to. Multiple software on the car were updated during the servicing, and in my 30 minutes drive back, I did not have this issue. So, I will have to wait to see if it has been fixed in software or continues to persist. (The technician's solution was to switch to a different alert sound for the turn signal!)
  • A second "watch out" is this: the turn signal's camera feed is fractionally lagging. I suppose this has been also pointed out over here and/or by some reviewers. It may be an issue for some. But because I have done all my driving earlier in cars without such cameras (not even a rear camera), my instinct on switching on the left/right turn signal is to immediately peek at the respective rear view mirror first and then at the dashboard for the camera feed. So, it does not bother me but if you are a younger person or more experienced with these visual aids, then I can see the fractionally late camera feed being discernibly uncomfortable.

Final notes for this post:

• So far, the showroom and service experience have all been very good for me, and to the extent of them being a 9/10 or maybe even a half point better.
  • During my first service, I assumed I would just be asked to wait but the agent took me to the car so that I can watch all the checks under the hood and so on. Of course, nothing much beyond the absolute minimal routine happened but actively asking me to be present there was a pleasant surprise.
  • Following this, another technician came in and made me sit in the passenger seat to let me watch the software updates being installed. This took about 45-55 minutes in total. The first service, therefore to address someone's query here, is all really about software updates!
  • The agent assigned to me went a bit out of the way to get me tea and coffee including bringing me a cup while I was in the car watching the software updates installing! I was gently amused and slightly bemused by what felt a bit like a performance.
  • After this, they were going to vacuum and clean up the car a bit and for this I waited about 45 minutes in the service center's customer lounge. I was upfront told that no water wash was possible and I was okay with this because I had in fact got my car professionally washed only on the Sunday before. (The water wash not available may be related to an acute water shortage in NCR as of the time of this writing.)
  • While I was at the service center, I was offered extended warranty and I took it up for two years. Mahindra is charing ₹15k for one year extension and ₹22.5k for a two year extended warranty with 1,50,000 kms as as the cap. I found it agreeable and took it for two years. A few hours later, this extended warranty also reflected on my M4U app.
  • No sign of Apple CarPlay or Alex yet though, and the service agent told me that it might take another month for this. (I am especially keen on CarPlay being made available as soon as possible.)

So, that's that for now, and I will try to chip in and answer some other queries as they relate to my experiences here on. Cheers and best!
AnAcademic is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 22:51   #558
BHPian

Hello,

I recently test-drove the 3XO Ax5 petrol manual at Automotive Manufacturers in Punjagutta, Hyderabad. I was very impressed with its performance, especially the pickup and braking. Despite the peak office hour traffic, it handled city driving exceptionally well, and I was sold on it.

Currently, I drive a 2020 Altroz, which has a sluggish engine, low seating, and offers only 10 km/l mileage.

After the test drive, I started considering selling the Altroz to buy a 3XO. However, I have a few concerns:

1. What is the mileage of the 3XO petrol manual variant in city driving conditions?

2. How reliable is Mahindra's after-sales service in Hyderabad, the showroom experience was impressive.

3. I noticed the throttle response was unpredictable, possibly because I'm not used to a turbo engine. Is this normal?

4. The boot space is limited.

5. Does it make financial sense to sell a car with 40,000 km on it and take on a 60% higher EMI for a new car, especially considering I recently got married and have additional responsibilities?

I would appreciate any advice you can provide.
kvamshi04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 00:46   #559
BHPian

Checked out the 3X0 at South Delhi select city showroom, quick observations:
  • Boot space has gone up and is now manageable for a weekend trip of a nuclear family.
  • The interior has soft touch materials but overall doesn’t feel very premium, Tatas are ahead in this regard.
  • The space inside is good but the under thigh support has gone down for rear seat.
  • The sunroof is bigger than usual but doesn’t cover the entire back seat like the panoramic ones.
  • From outside it looks modern and compact, but I personally prefer the older design- made it look bigger and more mature.
Couldn’t test drive the car as it was late in the evening, but the sales person was very courteous despite ours being a casual visit. Was offered water and see through inside the car although it was almost closing time. Mahindra seems to have learned a lesson from the farmer fiasco. Some pics,
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_2074.jpeg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_2075.jpeg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_2076.jpeg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_2077.jpeg[/ATTACH]
sapien is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 09:47   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Checked out the 3X0 at South Delhi select city showroom
Does this car have a front parking sensor, or 360 camera.

I own a xuv 400, so checking out the possibility of them being integrated on my car.
Old 26th June 2024, 11:22   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToDrive2404 View Post
Acko insurance is not good in terms of Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR).
Also my friend got AX5 Diesel AMT Variant. When we showed the online quote from Royal Sundaram as 40K to dealer. He gave SBI insurance at 42K from Mahindra itself. We went for 42K as it will be hassle free during claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAcademic View Post
Hello everyone again! It's been quite a bit since my original post here and I thought I'd provide some updates.

So, that's that for now, and I will try to chip in and answer some other queries as they relate to my experiences here on. Cheers and best!
I got Royal Sundaram insurance for 36K. Please se this post for more details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProf View Post
My car XUV 3X0 AX5L 1.2TGDI AT (this name sounds like the name of Elon Musk's son ) has been allotted to me and has been delivered to the dealer - Anant Cars, Mysore Road, Bengaluru today. My car is likely to be delivered on 26th!
AProf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 11:39   #562
BHPian

We booked an XUV 3XO AX5 AT petrol Nebula Blue colour for my Dad. The waiting time quoted is 12 weeks. The quite price is 14.8 lacs. Now the waiting period starts.
Bonemechanic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 13:18   #563

Hi all, this is my first post in the forum and planning to make 3XO my first car of the house. Please help me choosing a variant as I am confused between AX5 automatic and Ax5l Manual in bengaluru. With budget having hard stop at 15.5L.

AX5L MT ticks all the boxes, peppy engine, Adas, 360 camera,cooled glove box but it's manual and given in Bengaluru traffic may seem headache.

AX5 AT only good thing is AT, the engine is less peppy compared AX5L MT but in Bengaluru traffic it may be blessing in disguise. I am planning to keep the car for 8-10 years. My major run would be weekend drives and outstation drive as my home is near to office so will be using 2 wheeler for office commute.

My other queries are
1) Which of the engines would be having better FE?
2) How would the AX5 AT fare in mountain drives?
3) How helpful would be EPB and Auto Hold in AX5L MT?
4) Would it be wise to consider AX5L AT by stretching the budget?
xeqtr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 14:43   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_v8 View Post
Does this car have a front parking sensor, or 360 camera.

I own a xuv 400, so checking out the possibility of them being integrated on my car.
No front parking sensors, only the L variant has front camera which should be part of the 360* camera system. You can check with the dealer if can be retrofitted in xuv400. Official accessories list doesn’t have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeqtr View Post
My major run would be weekend drives and outstation drive as my home is near to office so will be using 2 wheeler for office commute.

My other queries are
1) Which of the engines would be having better FE?
Mostly MT.
2) How would the AX5 AT fare in mountain drives?
Engine is peppy but you need to keep it in correct rev band, also one can use tiptronic mode in AT to have better control in hills.
3) How helpful would be EPB and Auto Hold in AX5L MT?
As good as a AT.
4) Would it be wise to consider AX5L AT by stretching the budget?
If you have the budget, yes.
Are you sure your office will be near home in the long run? If its just for highway drives then MT makes more sense.
sapien is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 19:46   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbansage View Post
I have booked an AX5L Petrol AT, due to be delivered soon. I had doubts on the accessories. The prices seem to be abnormally high.
I have been given the attached quote for Accessories, from the same dealer, Marathahalli showroom.

Now, for the Fog Lamps, it says "AS20075,& AS20076 Required to fit fog lamp". What does that mean? Could you please help, since you have got the Fog Lamps installed already.
The prices seems to be similar to what they quoted me in Hyderabad. I am getting my AX5L AT Petrol delivered on 28th June.

The prices for accessories they quoted me:

Rain Visors with Chrome - 3250
Illuminated Scuff Plates - 3450
Mud Flaps - 999
Front Fog Lamps - 8500 ( these are same as on AX7L )
7D Floor Mats with Boot Mat - 10500
Seat Cover - 12000
Wheel Arch Chrome - 1888
Waist Line Chrome - 2844
Door Cladding Chrome - 3113
Tail Lamp Chrome - 999
Front Upper Grill Chrome - 1061

They will offer 10% discount on the total and this includes the labor charges as well.
trident1764 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 19:51   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Drive View Post
Just took an insurance quote from Acko. Asked for the top end variant AX7L Petrol Auto and added all add-ons. Here is the quote attached. Just for reference to compare the dealer's insurance quote.
I am getting AX5L Petrol Auto and going with Acko Insurance. It is costing me Rs. 30,986.8 with IDV value of 12.81L
Attached Images

Old 27th June 2024, 09:31   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan0278 View Post
I'm into the automotive industry and take care of paint development as a part of my Job Responsibility.
I am your Brother from a Parallel Industry (Heavy Earthmoving Machinery). Here every machine we have is of Yellow color.

Since you are Paint expert in cars, what is your opinion on After market Anti rust coatings for Cars ?
I currently own a TATA Nexon (Sep 2021) model and live in Bangalore.
Is Anti rust coating advisable after certain age of the car ?
Please suggest.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Apex1815 : 27th June 2024 at 09:31. Reason: Spelling
Old 27th June 2024, 12:56   #568

It's been exactly 1 week today since I drove him home. The city drives have been good so far. The instant power on flooring the pedal is thrilling and overtaking is a breeze. Few things I have noticed so far and not all of them are to my liking:

1. The touchscreen is a hit or a miss. She has a mind of her own. Software updates will likely sort out the issues in the future. The reverse camera will take its time to start and show the guidelines. Today there was continuous flickering of the screen while driving. Even when starting the car, the disclaimer every time takes too much time to go off and I can use the screen probably after a good couple of minutes or more which is frustrating. So the first visit to the service center is already due.

2. The second gear needs some effort to slot in place. Although gear shifting is very smooth, this needs to be sorted out.

3. You have to be careful while disengaging the manual parking brake, otherwise, you will tend to hurt your finger.

4. The AC is good but it takes some time to cool down the cabin.

5. Mileage is hovering around 9.6 kmpl in the city.

6. The mirrors should auto fold while switching off the car or am I missing something not sure!

7. The music system is okayish. My Tiago is better in this aspect.

8. The Adrenox system features are limited in the manual car.

Rest will keep updating. Safe drives!
darinbaruah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 13:34   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinbaruah View Post
1. The touchscreen is a hit or a miss. She has a mind of her own. Software updates will likely sort out the issues in the future. The reverse camera will take its time to start and show the guidelines. Today there was continuous flickering of the screen while driving.

2. The second gear needs some effort to slot in place. Although gear shifting is very smooth, this needs to be sorted out.

4. The AC is good but it takes some time to cool down the cabin.

5. Mileage is hovering around 9.6 kmpl in the city.

6. The mirrors should auto fold while switching off the car or am I missing something not sure!
Firstly, many congratulations on your new car. Grey after a good wash does look quite

Mirror auto fold in happens when you lock the car, meaning turning off the car isn't enough. Similarly, it will auto fold out when you start the car. Precursor to this is that the OVRM control switch is in middle.

I had taken delivery of my AX5L Petrol Automatic on Sunday.
I understand your disappointment with the camera and screen issues, if you can check whether you are running older software, a software upgrade will solve the problem. On saturday when I went for PDI, I had to wait 5 hrs at the showroom because car was undergoing software upgrade at the warehouse and the dealer was very hesitant in bringing the car otherwise. I'm sure the reason to this was the quality control in the newer version.

Since the delivery, Even though not much time has passed, I have done my own experimenting with the 360 camera in all kind of cases. Given the 20-30 times, it hasn't failed me even once! No wait times, blur, black screens or any sort of bugs. On the side note, maybe its just my inner feeling, I feel the side cameras run lower fps than the front and back ones and maybe just a bit grainier. I only feel so when using the Blind view monitoring for lane change at good speeds during night. So, I could be wrong.

After the delivery, the run to back home returned mileage of 14.5 on MID. The roads were mostly highway with good traffic. This was with the 5 ltrs normal petrol you get at delivery and 5ltrs XP95. However, after the ADAS testing I did yesterday (only adaptive cruise and lane keep) the mileage has dropped to 11.7 because of sudden braking and acceleration (I ran into alot of trucks). The performance and accuracy is very good. It works as it should and I haven't faced any fails yet. More detailed blog on ADAS in the next post.

(Edit): I have heard and checked myself, the A/C performance is superior when you turn of the dual zone feature. So you can smartly turn it off when you want the cabin to get cool fast and turn it on only when you need it.

My experience with the car so far is positive I will be posting an in depth review later.

Last edited by kush2545 : 27th June 2024 at 13:49. Reason: Missed some information
kush2545 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 15:54   #570

I have taken the delivery of AX5 Petrol AT couple of days back. Will share detailed review with more experience, but couple of immediate observations -

1. Driver ergonomics do not seem to be quite comfortable. The angle at which the foot rests on the pedal does not seem to be comfortable for me. Also the lack of telescopic steering is noticeable. Trying to adjust the seat/steering in different ways, hopefully it solves the problems.

2. Fuel efficiency - I have driven close to 100 km probably, all of it in city and the MID average has remained between 8-9 for most of the part. Not sure if this is temporary until engine breaks in.
anujit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks