Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2024, 09:42   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Can you give us the dealer names please so we can escape what you faced. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Drive View Post
Frustrated, I made a booking with another dealer on 10th June, losing my seniority from May 3rd/16th to June 10th now.
Old 22nd June 2024, 11:47   #512
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiorsuresh View Post
Not sure what could be reason where all the manufacturers use the same direct injection turbo technology engines.
Here is one potential answer and its unexpected

Mahindra Just escaped from Cafe fines by selling half-baked XUV 400 electrics so that their carbon emissions are lower

Making us use 95 Octane may be helping their fuel efficiency targets as well due to the marginally increased fuel efficiency

Look at the fines paid by Indian manufacturers
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-fines.png  

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd June 2024 at 12:05.
BSASLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 13:32   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
P.S. - on dual mode you will not get the max amount of cooling anyway.

I mean, leatherette seats were not enough to deter me from the package that you get.

But in my books at least, it is not enough to walk away from an otherwise great car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai View Post
And yes seat covers I think is something you should not take decision on because it can be easily managed by covers or other accessories.
Thank you both of you, it helped me jump the gun! Contacting the dealer to book the AX7.
mizu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 13:47   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Hello there,

Please could folks from Bangalore help with an insurance query.

Looking for a range for insurance on AX5 AT model. This is for zero dep.
The quote from the dealer is shall we say optimistic.

Cheers
Go for Royal Sundaram. I got it for Rs. 36700/-. Please see my earlier post.
AProf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 15:39   #515

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-01819793f3a84374a89a189641fa39c4.jpeg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-5da6b0bf1a6f49da965dd2fbe4c3f794.jpeg

These are the seat covers available as of now, in Automotive Manufacturers Mahindra Dealer.
Old 22nd June 2024, 16:25   #516
BHPian

No matter how many times and from any angle I try to look at 3XO but the looks refuse to grow on me. I am sorry to its fans and owners but it looks quite weird, IMHO
FireBlade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 17:43   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Does the car not have hill hold assist? Haven't see a mention of it in any of the reviews/brochure.
In the XUV 3XO launch press release, it says "35 standard safety features including 6 airbags, ESC with Hill Hold Control
(HHC) & All 4 Disc Brakes and more
". I am attaching the press release here.
sarath_online is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 20:28   #518
BHPian

The significance of appearance in consumer choices is underscored by market research from JD Power, Neilsen, and IBB, indicating that aesthetics plays a pivotal role in purchasing decisions.

For some of our family members unconcerned with technical specifications like torque and power-to-weight ratio, the visual appeal and color make up to 75% of their decision-making criteria.

The changes in appearance of models like the Ignis and Nexon have notably influenced sales figures. Personally, while I appreciate the front design of the car, I feel that the rear could be improved, perhaps with less prominent black plastic components.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-ig-nx.png  

Attached Images

BSASLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 21:55   #519
BHPian

Today took TD of AX5L AT. It is a fantastic package. There is lots of space. Getting a good driving position was easy. The screens are crisp and clear. The 360° camera was very clear. Animations are good. Good sound quality. The back seat also has lots of leg room and thigh support.
Boot space is OK.
AT is smooth, no lag. NVH is very well controlled.
The only downside I found is the white interior, which is very difficult to maintain.
Overall, a good package.
Bonemechanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 23:45   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
The only downside I found is the white interior, which is very difficult to maintain.
Overall, a good package.
In My TD, I felt the Interior was spacious however seats were "small"
The Side bolstering off the front seats were slightly intrusive on the sides, though lumbar and back support were good

The rear seat lacked thigh support for taller people.

Regarding the light Interiors, I was thinking more of 1st point below:

UV Light may make the light color parts fade with time and light materials may show signs of aging more quickly

Dirt will be visible so you will have a cleaner car, just because we do not see dirt on a black interior would not mean the surface is clean
Old 23rd June 2024, 04:18   #521

I booked MX3 MT White in CAI coimbatore immediately after it's release. Even though I have friend in Mahindra sales, it is hard for me to get one allocated for me. Mean while I widened my acceptance range with Blue & Red colours too and I was okay for AT too. After a lot of follow up, they confirmed MX3 AT white yesterday. I am waiting for PDI to be completed for the next step. fingers crossed.

They quote 65k+ for insurance (B2B + Consumables). This looks too much. Any guide on
  • What is the good combination of insurance product + add ons we should have?
  • Is it advised to take insurance ourself? My previous self insurance claims where tiresome.
  • Any other negotiation I should be aware of apart from insurance?
Based on my observations in their yard.
The most of 3XOs are AX5 & few MX3 Pro (which they initially offered me). They said that they have good number of Diesel variants available.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd June 2024 at 07:47. Reason: Formatted the bullet points using the inbuilt option
Old 23rd June 2024, 08:27   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Was it petrol ? If yes, then my hunch that the
Seeing the lacklusture attitude now I am seroiusly considering cancelling the booking and going with more established cars in the segment.
I honestly gave it a try for Mahindra even after most folks warned, but I realize they have a solid vehicle and VFM but no after-sales service/support properly! It was one of the worst experiences I have gone through! BEWARE! Any queries/issues no one bothers to check and rectify, rather give you some theoretical answers which aren't logical and try to close. I will share more details on demand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
If you figured out how to add an SD card, please do let us know. I cannot find a slot for the life of me.
I took the car yesterday to SVC for some other issue, and I asked for the SD Card to be added, and to my surprise, was told there is no SD card adding provision made in 3XO - this is seriously something HUH! Unbelievable Mahindra! Only the Car is made good, and the rest of everything is bad after sales/service/support; everything is really bad! Please be aware! Just don't go by looks/VFM. There is a lot I am going through, honestly!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd June 2024 at 14:07. Reason: back to back posts merged
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 09:14   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I took the car yesterday to SVC for some other issue, and I asked for the SD Card to be added, and to my surprise, was told there is no SD card adding provision made in 3XO
This is quite strange considering the fact that it’s mentioned in the user manual. Maybe the staff at service center are not yet trained for the 3xo?
Old 23rd June 2024, 09:45   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensor View Post
This is quite strange because it’s mentioned in the user manual. Maybe the staff at the service center are not yet trained for the 3xo?
I had the same opinion.
Old 23rd June 2024, 09:47   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSASLR View Post
Here is one potential answer and its unexpected

Mahindra Just escaped from Cafe fines by selling half-baked XUV 400 electrics so that their carbon emissions are lower

Making us use 95 Octane may be helping their fuel efficiency targets as well due to the marginally increased fuel efficiency
Not sure what you mean by "half baked 400". Can you elaborate?

Also:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskEngineer...t=share_button

High octane usage with direct injection engines is a thing everywhere.

The fact that lower octane doesn't necessarily damage an engine in the short term might be why Hyundai/Kia is OK with people running 91 octane.

So ideally, high compression and direct injection engines should be running higher octane fuel. (I am assuming that these TGDi might also be running higher compression ratios than the normal engine)

I used to own a first gen Duke 390. That engine has a compression ratio of 12.7:1, which is insanely high for petrol engines.

And the effect of putting high octane fuel in it was immediately noticeable. The engine ran smoother, and ran less hotter.

So it would make sense for a manufacturer to recommend the best possible fuel to really bring out the best possible experience? Not exactly unheard of.

Most Viewed