Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2024, 20:51   #466

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

I have booked the AX5L P AT in Citrine Yellow colour. It stood out as the one of the variant limited color as it is only available AX5 onwards. I knew the car will sell alot and I wanted mine to stand out. I have never seen this particular color in person, only in media reviews since that is the color being shared to all and honestly it didn't look bad. However, it's been a month since booking has started and I haven't seen any deliveries or bookings in that color and some of the other colors eg dune beige but one could argue that color might not look the best of the lot (personal opinion) and it isn't variant limited.

Are there any intricacies with the yellow color. I'm a tid anxious now lol
kush2545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 22:41   #467
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZohiAres View Post
I gently rejected their insurance since even after their maximum discount it costed double what others quoted.
Hi Thanks for sharing the experience. Can you please let us know in detail which insurance you opted and how much was the cost?

Also how showroom guys reacted? They must have said if you take from showroom it's wholly our responsibility but if you buy from outside you have to take care of it while claiming?

So just wanted to know but more details on this as I will receive my 3XO soo. So based on your inputs I can deal similarly with the dealer.

Thanks!
BeastLoading is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 23:31   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLoading View Post
Hi Thanks for sharing the experience. Can you please let us know in detail which insurance you opted and how much was the cost?

Also how showroom guys reacted? They must have said if you take from showroom it's wholly our responsibility but if you buy from outside you have to take care of it while claiming?

So just wanted to know but more details on this as I will receive my 3XO soo. So based on your inputs I can deal similarly with the dealer.

Thanks!

I opted united India Insurance, With all the additional covers it costed 30k, The dealership’s quoted insurance was from ICICI Lombard which was 80k and with their maximum discount they brought it down to 60k which was still double the amount others quoted. Acko costed 25k. But choose to go with an insurance which has an accessible office so that we can directly contact Surveyor in person incase of claims.

Things I see in a insurance,

1. If its a bumper-to-bumper
2. Whats the IDV
3. Cashless settlement
4. Additional covers - engine & transmission
5. Easily accessible office

If we are satisfied with these 5, we can opt for any insurance we want.

The Show room guys were in surprise with our activities in RTO, where we were able to fast forward the temporary registration which the dealer linked agents tried to create artificial delay to extort from desperate buyers , so they didn’t dare to try to convince us to go for their tied up insurance.
ZohiAres is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 21:31   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Took the AX5L AT Petrol (grey) delivery today.

Quick summary of my observations:
  • The car has Apollo ApterraCross tires and I'm still undecided on whether or not I should swap them out. My driving will predominantly be in the city with occasional highway drives. Would love feedback on these tires from other BHPians.
I had MRF wanderer as always super hard and could feel the thuds and pot holes in the cabin despite a good suspension system with new tech etc. Hence I changed to Conti and saw a huge difference, it complements the suspension systems!
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 00:41   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush2545 View Post
Are there any intricacies with the yellow color. I'm a tid anxious now lol
Here are the only downsides I could identify:

Fading:
This is the order of colors based on how quickly they tend to fade:

Red > Yellow > Black > Blue > White

- Red and Yellow: These colors fade the fastest due to the pigments used, which are more affected by photodegradation when exposed to UV rays.
- White: Reflects the most light and absorbs minimal UV radiation, so it fades the least.

Appeal:
- Polarizing Color: Yellow can be polarizing. Some friends and relatives may love it, while others might not.

Depreciation
- Resale Value: Yellow cars may have fewer potential buyers compared to more popular, 'safe' colors, possibly leading to higher depreciation.

If these considerations are acceptable to you, choose the color that makes you happy today and will continue to do so in the years to come.

Tip: Focus on one color at a time and write down its pros and cons. This method helps prevent your brain from jumping back and forth as you have a writeup to refer to, reducing the occurrence of overthinking.
BSASLR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 14:22   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiorsuresh View Post
Great! Post your observations in terms of drivability, performance and fuel efficiency once you switch to X95 petrol.
After 15 days of driving in congested city traffic and the highways, I have a list of not-so-great things.

Mileage shows a constant 8KM/L in the city; sometimes 12 is confusing.

On the highways, once I got 19.3 km/L

I had a major issue with the boot not closing properly, and SVC got that fixed promptly.

Now I have another set of observations like:

1. The central lock works intermittently, not consistently bothering and annoying, especially when someone is stuck outside the car trying to get in.
2. The Adrenox system sometimes takes 1 minute to start. It is frustrating when you want to take immediate reverse, and the camera doesn't work at all
3. Inconsistent braking and spongy behavior, sometimes super sharp, cannot judge and use it at times dangerous
4. Zap more has overthrust in city traffic. One has to be very careful, or else you are sure to hit the next one in bumper-to-bumper traffic

These are my observations, and while they may not be major issues, they are certainly annoying. I hope Mahindra will take note of these and work on improving them. I still love the car and its value for money, but these issues must be addressed.

In addition, Apple Carplay doesn't work, which greatly impacts our company. I don't care if Alexa works, but APPLE CAR PLAY is the MUST.

One last observation: this may be subjective for a person - a person who uses the vehicle says he gets sciatic nerve compression and pain due to the driver seat bolsters being so hard, and he is looking for help to flatten it by having some seat covers, etc but the SVC will object for everything saying Airbag may get affected, etc. He is in a fix. (If anyone has any better ideas, please share them here. The impact he is like having a wallet in the back pocket and driving kind of it puts them off)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th June 2024 at 20:00. Reason: Formatting
srivatchsan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 14:48   #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
After 15 days of driving in congested city traffic and the highways, I have a list of not-so-great things.
Can you confirm if the Drive Video Recording function is available in the AX5L variant? The original launch presentation by Mahindra showed this feature (as does the online owners manual), but when I asked the sales person, he said it is not available in 3XO.
I believe this feature is available in XUV700 and I find no reason why they wouldn't provide it in the 'L' variants of 3XO.

Quote:
One last observation: this may be subjective for a person - a person who uses the vehicle says he gets sciatic nerve compression and pain due to the driver seat bolsters being so hard, and he is looking for help to flatten it by having some seat covers, etc but the SVC will object for everything saying Airbag may get affected, etc. He is in a fix. (If anyone has any better ideas, please share them here. The impact he is like having a wallet in the back pocket and driving kind of it puts them off)
The sales person confirmed that the Airbag compatible seat covers are now available and they have got the required clearance. You can check with the dealer once.
Bitter_Hitter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 17:59   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter_Hitter View Post
Can you confirm if the Drive Video Recording function is available in the AX5L variant? The original launch presentation by Mahindra showed this feature (as does the online owners manual), but when I asked the sales person, he said it is not available in 3XO.
The lack of knowledge of the sales guys is quite frustrating. When I asked this question, my guy said yes it’s available and that it can save 12 hour worth of video recording files. When I asked him where the SD card should go, he was clueless. I still haven’t got an answer. Hope some other recent buyer has figured this one out.
Old 18th June 2024, 18:54   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Pratap Bose gifts his mother XUV 3XO
Nice gesture etc but...to me this is cringe. You want me to believe that she is using this small car? This is just a stunt. She might be using far bigger and better German car and this is going to be for daily errands/grocer shopping.
Old 18th June 2024, 19:55   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know if steering modes are available? The sales guy says it is same as drive mode, however, the brochure makes it clear that steering modes are different and are available on all models as a standard - sport, normal, and comfort modes. Thanks in advance.
Old 18th June 2024, 21:16   #476
BHPian

Quote:
THIS was a major downer for me along with some other irritants to let go this car! I have also mentioned about this issue in the forum, following my TD.

Forget someone with a healthier frame, even for guy with an average build these hard bolstering are very intrusive! I literally wanted to get off the car with barely 8 kms of TD.
ashvek3141 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 21:31   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProf View Post
Please let me know if steering modes are available. The sales guy says it is the same as drive mode. However, the brochure makes it clear that steering modes are different and are available on all models as standard - sport, normal, and comfort modes. I appreciate any help you can provide.
As I haven't seen anything like that. With drive modes, one can see the difference. For ex, if you keep in Zoom mode, steering is stiff and harder, whereas Zip and Zap modes are relatively fluidic
Old 18th June 2024, 21:34   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter_Hitter View Post
I believe this feature is available in XUV700 and I find no reason why they wouldn't provide it in the 'L' variants of 3XO.
Yes, it is there in one of the posts I shared the screenshot of this as someone asked for this earlier.
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 21:43   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is there in one of the posts I shared the screenshot of this as someone asked for this earlier.
If you figured out how to add an SD card, please do let us know. I cannot find a slot for the life of me.
Old 18th June 2024, 22:03   #480

Even after one month of booking there is update on the delivery date from Automotive Mahindra (Chromepet, Chennai). I have been following up to change the variant from AX5 to AX7. That is also not honoured . Booked there checking google reviews. Not sure if that was good approach .

Thinking to book another one at M&M Motors (Selaiyur, Chennai) showroom.

Just curious to know, did anyone get delivery of Diesel MT in Chennai ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks