Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2024, 20:31   #421
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
I'm having trouble choosing between the 3xO and 1.0L Taigun Highline. I took a test drive on the highway, where traffic was light, and I really enjoyed it. However, many reviewers complain about significant turbo lag, as seen in this video - https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=MNBpJ2woDS0&t=458s

They recommend the Sonet over the 3xO for city driving. Even the Powerdrift reviewer shares this view. To me, the Sonet feels more like a hatchback and safety is a big concern. For those who have driven the TGDi Automatic, how noticeable is the turbo lag? Is it problematic for Bangalore traffic? The Taigun 1.0L also has issues, such as a lack of basic features and poor AC performance. I'm very confused, especially since this is my first car.
My suggestion would be, hands down, 3XO, as I owned a Venue closer to Sonet (DCT) in this 3XO TGDI so far, I haven't noticed any lag driven a lot within the city or on highways. Very good thrust even with low/normal octane fuel as opposed to XP95, etc. The ride is plush, has amazing highway mileage (19.3), super interiors, and overall a great package with 360/ADAS, etc.
srivatchsan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 20:46   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Any comparison between the 2 petrol engine variants available anywhere? In terms of city drivability, real world mileage, reliability of the technology and repair cost if something happens.

I have a 3XO AX5L (TGDI) variant within the city. I see 12kmpl, but it is on an average of 11. However, today, on the highway, I could see this 19.3 consistently. I was doing between 90 and 100 on Average! City driveability is a pleasure, with no lags, extremely smooth maneuvering, and no fatigue even in bumper-to-bumper traffic, especially with Auto Hold, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-img_1449.jpg  

srivatchsan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 21:19   #423

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I have a 3XO AX5L (TGDI) variant within the city. I see 12kmpl, but it is on an average of 11. However, today, on the highway, I could see this 19.3 consistently. I was doing between 90 and 100 on Average! City driveability is a pleasure, with no lags, extremely smooth maneuvering, and no fatigue even in bumper-to-bumper traffic, especially with Auto Hold, etc.
Do you fill regular petrol or 95octane petrol ?

I asked this since the manual says recommended fuel as RON 95.

Also I have a doubt if we can use regular petrol and will it cause any harm to engine in long run?

I may be wrong also, I don’t know.
Anybody having idea on this please share your thoughts.
Old 9th June 2024, 23:36   #424
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmaj View Post
Hello everyone. I called Mahindra customer care yesterday to get some update on my MX 2 Pro AT booking and delivery timeline.

I was informed that August'24 is the tentative delivery however it can happen before that.
I also called them up and also got hold of them on X (Twitter). Customer care lady told you will receive vehicle in November 2024. However you may receive it earlier as well. I feel this is just gimmick, No one knows exactly. Booked same variant as that of you.

Later in day I got call from Mahindra area sales manager and he told that they are aware of situation and it will not happen like XUV 700. Most of 3XO customer is first time buyer or people who don't not wait beyond 3-4 months so we already have plan in place.

He also confirmed that there is variant wise plan for manufacturing and MX1 and 2 variant are yet to go online for production. I told with such delay you will loose customer to competitor. I also told him if I didn't get vehicle within 03 months by max September 2024 I will happy to buy Brezza. For this he said you will get vehicle before that.

So let's wait and see how this pans out. I am still have some hope and Mahindra should not simply focus on higher money making variants, they should clarify with statement or something about tentative delivery.

As a consultant I know if they use SAP for managing their production there must be concrete plan. If someone has contact inside they can easily pull out this SAP data of planned production. So if someone has such details please share!

Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 00:08   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiorsuresh View Post

Also I have a doubt if we can use regular petrol and will it cause any harm to engine in long run?
The Manual says use 95

As far as I know:

91 will ignite before the spark plug fires, just by the compression, this will send a Shock wave / Engine knocking through the system

Long Term: Engine knocking can lead to inefficient combustion, reduced power, and over time, can cause damage to engine components like pistons, cylinder walls, and the head gasket.

Since this is a TGDI engine it has a higher chance of Carbon build up compared to the MPFI and 91 Octane may make it worse

Short Term: Engine may feel rough, Lower Fuel Efficiency etc.

Personally, if my engine is getting hurt, it will hurt my heart also
BSASLR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 08:03   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's XUV 3XO fails to become the segment leader in its class.
The top two slots (in the 4 m segment) are retained as Brezza and Nexon.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot-20240610-080129.png

Source: AutoPunditz
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 09:50   #427
BHPian

Quote:

So far, I have not used any high-octane petrol, but recently, I discovered this in one of our BHP'ian write-ups, where he says it is recommended to use only high-octane petrol. Otherwise, the engine may knock in the long run or even fail. So, I plan to top up with XP 95 going forward.
srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 10:07   #428

Quote:
So far, I have not used any high-octane petrol, but recently, I discovered this in one of our BHP'ian write-ups, where he says it is recommended to use only high-octane petrol. Otherwise, the engine may knock in the long run or even fail. So, I plan to top up with XP 95 going forward.
Amazing! Looking forward for a detailed comparision.
Old 10th June 2024, 11:00   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLoading View Post
I also called them up and also got hold of them on X (Twitter). Customer care lady told you will receive vehicle in November 2024. However you may receive it earlier as well. I feel this is just gimmick, No one knows exactly. Booked same variant as that of you.
Thanks

I don’t have confidence in the words of the customer service either. It seems Mahindra is selling the base variants only on brochure for now. I have not found any base variant’ review or walk around anywhere.

The only USP of XUV 3X0 is that its offering AT under 10 L ex-showroom. If they don’t deliver it and increase the prices in coming months, it will no longer be desired by many. I am already being swayed towards Sonet 1.0 Turbo Petrol iMT. The only thing stopping me is that we already have one (pre-facelift).

My brother is driving Sonet HTK+ 1.0 iMT for the past year and half. The car is so sorted that there has been absolutely no issue, no niggles. The same can not be said about 1.2L MPFI + 6 AT as its a new combo. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Last edited by khanmaj : 10th June 2024 at 11:03.
khanmaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 11:22   #430

Quote:
Great! Post your observations in terms of drivability, performance and fuel efficiency once you switch to X95 petrol.
superiorsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 12:11   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
I'm sensing low activity on this thread compared to my last two Mahindras (SN and Thar)
I haven't received word from the showroom after my booking (10.00.50 AM day 1 that it opened) with Harbir, Chandigarh.
Is anyone else in the same bucket?

A few questions:
1. Can anyone, who has received their vehicle, state their model and time of booking?
2. Can someone with a dimming IRVM please post pics of the IRVM stalk and all? I'm thinking of retrofitting it to the Scorpio-N.
3. Any word on whether the TGDI is being delivered with the AT transmission given the rumors on tuning updates?
4. If the situation on deliveries continues to be opaque over ten days from booking, I'm happy to book a base MX1 MT/MX2 pro-AT and modify it. Time value of money! It looks like MX1 has made it to Karol Bagh already.
5. Any word on that elusive parcel tray? Is it available at the showroom day1?
6. Any word on GFX/Lifelong mats for the car?
  1. AX5L AT Petrol booked on 27th May received on 3rd June Bangalore
  2. Parcel Tray not yet available
  3. I have GFX mats it is an available and a perfect fit
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 12:38   #432

Hi dear friends, Have booked AX5 L AT in Chennai (MM Motors Mount Road). Been promised delivery in 45 days. Seeing some of the posts in other parts of the country, looks very unrealistic.
Old 10th June 2024, 13:55   #433

Hello all , I have booked the AX7 L variant at a dealership in BLR, unfortunately haven’t been able to TD or make a judgement based on touch and feel, reviews have been good so far, does anyone have insight on a possible delivery date or an inkling of an idea of when we could expect a delivery. Other than the review vehicles made available to reviewers has anyone able to TD the AX7L MT diesel model. Kindly please advise . Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 14:41   #434
BHPian

Quote:

Generally, it won't do any harm.

I suspect the TGDi is a higher compression ratio engine than the regular 1.2 option (seeing as it generates more power and torque with the same displacement). I could not find any mention of the actual compression ratio online. If anyone can spot it in their owner's manual, that'd be kind.

Generally, high compression ratio engines thrive with higher octane petrol. But don't necessarily get harmed by regular fuel. It will just not be as smooth and efficient as it would be with higher octane.

Would recommend filling up XP95 or equivalent once every 2 or 3 tanks of petrol.
ashishk29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 17:22   #435

Hello everyone and this is my first post here!

I took delivery of an AX5L AT variant in white colour last Friday evening (some pictures below). This is my first ever car ownership in India, and my first time buying a new car. (I am based out of NCR.) As enthusiastic as I am about a new car, nevertheless, I have driven only about 120 km or so over these past few days! Given this backdrop, here are some of my notes.
  1. I had been considering (researching) buying a new car since about February 2024, and the 3xo was launched at a reasonably right time for me. It seemed to somewhat neatly fit my list of requirements and wishes even though I was in no particular hurry to buy.
  2. I made my initial booking on May 15, 2024 (at a dealership and not online), and took delivery of my car on June 7, 2024.
  3. The booking and buying process was relatively easy and smooth though not without some minor issues. Overall, I would rate it as a 9 on 10.
  4. I had researched (based on my preferences and tastes) and had decided to go with the white colour, and with some additional accessories, and these accessories may be seen in the pictures below. Also, I got a different set of Mahindra-provided seat covers right off since that fabric ones in the variant did not seems that comfortable to me and my partner.
  5. In my thus far driving around, I am quite happy with the car, and it has not had any noticeable "niggles" save one which I will highlight below. I have mostly driven in some very slow moving bumper-to-bumper traffic (especially on delivery day), and on some newer and nicer roads (UER in NCR) for a bit. I have been careful to drive under 80 kmph as perhaps noted in the user manual as recommended speed limit up to 1000 km. (It's also possible that I picked this up from somewhere else for "breaking in" a new car.)
  6. The dealership gave me about 3 liters of free petrol and I filled this free petrol with the default variant since the fuel station did not have EON 95 grade fuel. I later filled the tank with Indian oil's XP95 (whose EON is 95 as recommended in the user manual), and it took about 45 liters of fuel until the auto shut off. (This is some 3 liters over the stated tank capacity.)
  7. I have been driving around only in Zip mode which was the default mode when I took delivery of the car.
  8. All aspects of the car are seemingly in good shape and working as expected and/or well — AC, electronics, audio system, noise insulation, engine vibration — to name a few that I can think of.
  9. I have not measured the mileage so far, and I'm slightly (just slightly) not paranoid about it! In the 120 odd kms, the car computer estimated the mileage to be 8 kmpl but I would assume this would improve over time. I am also contemplating that I would reset the mileage counter after about 500 kms or so so as to estimate it a bit better. In addition, I would also estimate it with the actual filled fuel after about two iterations of emptying the tank entirely. On this note, the user manual recommends not going below 10 liters of fuel in the tank, and perhaps I will adhere to this as well.
  10. I did not have any issue with the steering, and because I owned my last car over 7 years ago, I don't think I have the sense to judge this like some other folks seem to have a noted (here or elsewhere). However, I don't believe that AX5L has steering modes: I could only locate drive mode selector where the user manual says that there should be steering modes.
  11. For this reason, I can't discern any turbo lag as well. Perhaps also, I drive quite measurably and don't floor the pedals (either the accelerator or the brake). As a result, I haven't also felt any "jerk of the head" as some others have noted.
  12. The one weird thing that I could not figure out is how to get the rear wipers to spray clean! I now have a sense that the rear window has no washer fluids and this would be a slight (very slight!) disappointment but that would be okay. (My last car, which was a sedan, had no such feature back then.)
  13. This allows me to now state the one "niggle" that I have noticed: in auto hold, with the AC on, when the auto hold light turns green on the dashboard, and I remove my leg off the brake pedal, I can feel the vibration of the engine and/or AC's compressor. Strangely, this does not happen without the auto hold. And it is the AC I believe because I turned the AC off and that small-ish vibration was gone.
  14. To wrap this one up, Apple CarPlay is not present yet which feels like a rushed attempt to get the car into the market (we only tried listening to the FM radio up to now). Similarly, in-builit navigation is also not yet available. Finally, it also seems that all ADAS features are not yet available too: in my limited fiddling with the settings, I don't think I saw anything about the automatic emergency braking, or the lane-centering assist. I did get fog lamps installed but I was told that they would be enabled during the first service (after 1000 kms of driving the car).
  15. All accessories that I wanted were provided except the parcel tray which was not available yet (but for which I have already paid).

So, that's that for now, and I'm glad to try and chip in to any conversations around the 3xo going forward. Thanks all!
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-3xoax5l_front.jpeg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-3xoax5l_side.jpeg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-3xoax5l_side2.jpeg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-3xoax5l_back.jpeg  

AnAcademic is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks