Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2024, 13:20   #406
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
For every single diesel car, Mahindra should sell 10 petrol cars. Not sure if this is Govt mandated or Company dictat but I got this from an insider
yesterday visited dealer in Mumbai. don't know about petrol/diesel but he told AX5 and AX5L can be made available in this month. AX7 and AX7L will get some answer in July end and MX models at least 4-6 months waiting
Old 8th June 2024, 13:30   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringsoftime View Post
I agree with both these assessments, still would prefer a better rated car than a lower rated car. Also going through the actual test report is helpful since the star rating is pure BS. As it has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, number of stars awarded can some times be skewed. I have no idea how and why Verna gets 5 star with an unstable body shell, since IMO unstable body shell should always deduct one star.

And about the differences between the crash tests and real world scenarios, I am also of the opinion that GNCAP is not doing a comprehensive testing on these and goes for the low hanging fruit. But on account of my own safety, I will buy a well rated car, but then try to forget it and drive it as if it was a tin can. In other words, on Tiago vs Swift scenario, even if I buy Tiago, I should be driving it like a Swift, not a Volvo.
But that's the thing. No one asked anyone to buy a lower rated car. That's called shifting the goalposts, ha!

The thing being argued is that we cannot be taking the 'ratings' of these cars as an absolute thing at face value. There are inherent limitations to this whole testing thing, and what manufacturers can do to get these 5 star ratings is very broad, and loaded in favour of the manufacturer. The system is designed to achieve the manufacturers ends, even if it means changing what is considered safe, or acceptable.

Reading through some of the passionate posts on teambhp tells us exactly why. They know this is something the people willingly fall for- hook, line, and sinker. It's enough to shift someone's choices.

Your final assessment is very much my own thought too. I don't care what the safety rating my car is- I'm still going to incorporate safety in the way I drive on a daily basis. An accident is not just about the people inside the car, it's about those who are outside too. If a 5 stat rated car makes me feel invincible from the inside (it really doesn't), chances are I don't give a damn about what's outside. That's a bad frame of mind to be operating heavy machinery on the road.
BrakeDancer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 13:52   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
My brother in Mahindra, have a look at this:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IrxXHlh1y2Q

An absolute idiot could trash a 5 star rated car in an absolutely horrific way. destroy 2 other cars in the process, and still survive. So your assertion that unsafe and callous driving negates safety, is categorically untrue.

In fact your exact words "all of these numbers go out of the window" is what there has been much discourse about in above comments, but I guess you "skimmed" through those? I request you take a further look at the points above.
Also, if you're so much in disbelief of "ratings" and certifications, AProf summarised it quite well up in his comment:
Like I said, when it comes to personal safety, Shumi does not abide by this ideology of "standards/passive safety not being important".
So to summarise, he doesn't own any cars, he doesn't drive, he has never been a fan of cars(And he has said all this very publicly. Go through his insta stories). But when he rides, he uses the highest quality of passive protection available.
Don't look up to him. Don't idolise him. He has become the very thing he used to hate. An influencer.
I think you have a lot on your mind, so maybe pause for a bit and don't assume things, especially if they've not been said.

Firstly, about your example regarding someone surviving a crash after driving like a maniac and surviving? By what extension of logic and reasoning do you really think that unsafe and callous driving doesn't negate safety? I mean, it's terrible on so many levels. They survived the crash, alright. But in what condition? What happened to the other two cars occupants?

Do you think that if we were to simulate the same exercise with another 5 star rated car at 150kph, we would get the exact same results as above?

Honestly, I can't believe that someone is making this argument on a motor enthusiasts forum. If a 5 star rated car makes you feel confident at 150kph, then you're exactly what and who the problem is. An accident is not just about damage caused to you, it's also about damage caused to others. The fact that you fail to consider this is not a great look.

Of course I'm in disbelief regarding ratings and certifications. It'd be silly on my part or anyone's part to accept these things at face value, especially when manufacturers are advertising the hell out of it, and giving people the impression that they can do whatever they want because the protection is absolute. I'd encourage everyone to be skeptical about these things unless you get definitive proof that things are one way, and not the other.

And yes, I did 'skim' through the posts above and most of them tend to assume that someone is asking people to buy lower rated cars. Not true. I think the argument is that using these five stars and four stars at face value is a dangerous game, and is misleading the average consumer into thinking that safety stops there. When the reality is that it begins there. Your cars structure is the last line of defense, not the first.

A maniac is a maniac irrespective of whether he drives a 5 star car or a 0 star one. Maybe the 5 star car guy survives with a broken spine or head injury in some cases, confined to the wheelchair, but he'll still end up killing as many people as the 0 star guy did. There are two sides to this whole accident thing. What you cause, and what happens to you.

Also, with respect to Shumi, I really couldn't care less what his background is or what his motivations are. This person is not in some kind of grand conspiracy with someone to trash safety or advocate for less safer cars. If that's your takeaway from watching that episode you have spectacularly missed the point.

The whole point boils down to this- all of your ratings make little sense if the driving is inherently unsafe. Is there a chance you could survive in a better rated car? Yes, depends entirely on the nature of the crash. Is there a chance you will be completely flattened like a flatbread even with the most safest of cars? Yes, there is.

But unless we fundamentally change how we think and approach driving, it's not really going to make any difference because the ratings themselves have a hundred asterisks next to it.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th June 2024 at 17:16. Reason: Trimming the quoted post to the relevant portions for better readability
BrakeDancer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 14:09   #409

Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm following this thread after I booked XUV 3XO. I appreciate the detailed conversion that is going on for few days regarding the safity rating and all but I don't think this is the right thread for this. I might be wrong as I'm new to the site but I'm sharing my experience. I open this thread daily to check new reviews or replies of the newly bought 3XO owners and finds only these long paragraph replies about safety. I really appreciate the knowledge that you guys are sharing but I'm here on this thread to know about xuv 3xo. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, and if I am, please ignore this reply and continue discussing.
Shift_Happens is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 17:41   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakeDancer View Post
I think you have a lot on your mind, so maybe pause for a bit and don't assume things, especially if they've not been said.
Of course I do! You and others are trivialising something as serious as literal life and death safety!

Quote:
Firstly, about your example regarding someone surviving a crash after driving like a maniac and surviving? By what extension of logic and reasoning do you really think that unsafe and callous driving doesn't negate safety? I mean, it's terrible on so many levels. They survived the crash, alright. But in what condition? What happened to the other two cars occupants?
Were the other two cars also driving at negligent speeds? No. One was an ancient Indigo. So the safety ratings of those two cars is irrelevant here. The original point was that unsafe driving negates a safe car. That accident was a perfect example that it doesn't.

Rather that was the whole point of that example. If that driver could comfortably run away, it's quite obvious he wasn't severely injured. What kind of human can run away with broken legs or in an unconscious state?

Quote:
Do you think that if we were to simulate the same exercise with another 5 star rated car at 150kph, we would get the exact same results as above?
With some margin of error, yes. The structure of the vehicle remains the same. So there is all the likelihood that the car will behave in the same away.

Quote:
Honestly, I can't believe that someone is making this argument on a motor enthusiasts forum. If a 5 star rated car makes you feel confident at 150kph, then you're exactly what and who the problem is.
You are the one who brought it up, while challenging how car safety ratings are irrelevant at high speeds. I simply provided an anecdotal data point that they aren't irrelevant.

Why are you making personal attacks? Am I justifying driving recklessly in any way? Enough with the ad hominem attacks.

Quote:
An accident is not just about damage caused to you, it's also about damage caused to others. The fact that you fail to consider this is not a great look.
Up until this point, your entire point was how safety ratings do not necessarily indicate occupant safety. Now you're shifting your point to pedestrian/third party safety? Interesting.

Shifting goalposts much?

Also, GNCAP does measure pedestrian safety. Check the GNCAP protocol section 6.1.2.

Quote:
Of course I'm in disbelief regarding ratings and certifications. It'd be silly on my part or anyone's part to accept these things at face value, especially when manufacturers are advertising the hell out of it, and giving people the impression that they can do whatever they want because the protection is absolute. I'd encourage everyone to be skeptical about these things unless you get definitive proof that things are one way, and not the other.
Like I said, do you also ignore every other certification? Including FSSAI, ISI, and others? Or it's just GNCAP?

Healthy skepticism is good. Skepticism for the sake of skepticism, not so much.

Quote:
And yes, I did 'skim' through the posts above and most of them tend to assume that someone is asking people to buy lower rated cars. Not true. I think the argument is that using these five stars and four stars at face value is a dangerous game, and is misleading the average consumer into thinking that safety stops there. When the reality is that it begins there. Your cars structure is the last line of defense, not the first.
The car structure is not the "last" line of defence. When all else fails, when it's not your fault, when you can't do anything, that's the only line matters.

You are pointing this as if I am encouraging reckless driving in lieu of a safety rating. NO.

But it's quite simple. Given the person driving has a constant skill level, that person will be safer in a 5 star rated car than a 0 star rated one.

If you're arguing even against this, I don't even know.
Quote:
A maniac is a maniac irrespective of whether he drives a 5 star car or a 0 star one. Maybe the 5 star car guy survives with a broken spine or head injury in some cases, confined to the wheelchair, but he'll still end up killing as many people as the 0 star guy did. There are two sides to this whole accident thing. What you cause, and what happens to you.
Again, I don't care about whether the person is a maniac or not. Frankly, you are trying to shift this conversation entirely onto the driver.

Whereas I'm merely focusing on what the original point was. Passive safety.
Quote:
Also, with respect to Shumi, I really couldn't care less what his background is or what his motivations are. This person is not in some kind of grand conspiracy with someone to trash safety or advocate for less safer cars. If that's your takeaway from watching that episode you have spectacularly missed the point.
If you can take someone seriously without even considering their background, then this is just impossible.

Without any additional information, Would you take your security guard's advice on how to fix computer code? Would you take your accountant's advice on medical problems? Would you take an architects advice on how to fix your engine? NO!

Weren't you JUST talking about skepticism? How are you not skeptical about someone with zero background in cars spouting stuff about cars? I wonder how that skepticism doesn't apply here.

Also, you seem to have deliberately ignored my other point. Shumi does NOT ignore passive safety when it comes to his personal self. You didn't address that point at all. He DOES believe in passive safety when it comes to his personal protection.

Quote:
The whole point boils down to this- all of your ratings make little sense if the driving is inherently unsafe. Is there a chance you could survive in a better rated car? Yes, depends entirely on the nature of the crash. Is there a chance you will be completely flattened like a flatbread even with the most safest of cars? Yes, there is.
"depends entirely on the nature of the crash" applies to the 1 star rated cars as well. Again, given that you are the most awesome driver in the world, would you be safer in a car with a stronger shell, or a weaker shell? That's what it actually boils down to.

But you keep pushing the conversation in the other direction.

Quote:
But unless we fundamentally change how we think and approach driving, it's not really going to make any difference because the ratings themselves have a hundred asterisks next to it.
Everything in life has a hundred asterisks next to it. Even a paracetamol does. Do you not take one when you need it?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th June 2024 at 11:36. Reason: Spacing and formatting + removing extra quote tag
ashishk29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 20:40   #411

I have booked the XUV3XO AX5 Petrol AT (MPFI) couple of weeks back. Wanted to get a sense if it is really worth the wait.

The biggest unknown for me is around the real world fuel efficiency specially in city for the mpfi variant. Could it be similar as the xuv300’s with the same engine?

What I found good about the car was the ride quality, better than average interiors, the suv stance while driving, nice driving experience (although I have TD the TGDI variant) etc

Also wanted to know what’s the use-case for the TGDI variant? I mean if it’s only for those seeking performance, diesel AX5 AMT variant gives respectable power/torque figures and better mileage at a lesser cost than the AX5L TGDI. Is it only for the torque converter experience? Also vis-a-vis mpfi, when would someone recommend tgdi in real world scenarios?
Old 8th June 2024, 23:32   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I was supposed to take my AX5L AT Petrol delivery today; however, I got a call from the dealer stating that Mahindra announced an S/W update, and due to that delivery may get delayed.
NEWS!!

There is no APPLE CARPLAY yet in XUV 3XO; just so you know, and I'm not sure when it will arrive, I was told by India garage folks today that it may take 6 months. I cannot understand this already. XUV 700/300 has it; it is just a matter of rebuilding the same code base for this. If I am not wrong anyway, I am a bit disappointed.

Also, regarding the panel gaps, India Garage said that is expected, and that is how the fit and finish are. It is really sad to know the new machine is not properly fitted. They say it has some clips, etc., and they cannot do anything about it.
Old 9th June 2024, 00:21   #413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Of course I do! You and others are trivialising something as serious as literal life and death safety!
I guess there is an articulation issue here. Didn't have time to reply the earlier posts. Just a few thoughts here.

1. NCAP system is great, the least that it is trying to do is to promote safer cars. But does the job end there? I don't think so. It needs improvement, it has to improve. We can't be like it is the best of the best and needs 0 improvement

2. Are Indian car manufacturers doing enough to build safer cars? I would say partially 'yes' but completely 'no'. Most of these test cars that go out and get 5 stars, are we sure the same cars get delivered to end user? If you are saying all cars are absolutely safe, there are scenarios where we have seen fully trashed 5 star car and absolutely safe 0 star car too.

3. And the point you made about being experienced drivers buying cars. Sorry to say, there are lot of new drivers who even buy SUVs, MPVs and so on. For them inherent safety is utmost critical, but what is also important is to make cars that are user driver friendly and doing enough for that.

Further concluding this, never tried to undermine the NCAP system but lot of folks, agencies have told our there that it has to be better. Simply manufacturers funding it themselves and selectively testing cars doesn't guarantee that xyz manufacturer intrinsically makes safer cars irrespective of whatever marketing photos have been offered. We never get a chance to dismantle our car and see whether the car is the same car that score 5 star or 7 stars.

I repeat myself here 'A car is as safe as the driver and the passengers make it safer.' Driving a car at 150kph on open highways is stating that I have a perfect 5 star car is foolish, irresponsible and reckless.

I rest my case here since I feel it is too much out of topic now.

3xo is a great car in today's time but I still don't agree that Mahindra has done enough and I am still sticking with the issues highlighted with the lack of dead pedal, accelerator brake pedal too close to each other and turbo abruptly kicking in. In these aspects skoda, VW with a similar 1 litre turbo engines are doing a great job let alone talk about Mahindra's horrendous vehicle allocation and manufacturing capabilities. You maybe a very professional driver with 0 errors in your XUV 300 ownership but let me assure you there are thousands out there who are not and still would want to go and buy it.
Venks_144 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 05:32   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
NEWS!!

There is no APPLE CARPLAY yet in XUV 3XO; just so you know, and I'm not sure when it will arrive, I was told by India garage folks today that it may take 6 months. I cannot understand this already. XUV 700/300 has it; it is just a matter of rebuilding the same code base for this.
This is definitely a bummer. I’m an iPhone user and this will be a step backwards if I don’t have even wired CarPlay. I spoke to my SA after seeing your earlier post and he said a SW update is expected ‘soon’ but did not give me a timeline. I guess we need to write to Mahindra.

I’m no infotainment expert but drawing parallels from the smart TV industry, CarPlay will most likely require a certification process from Apple (This is specific to each product and not overall) that they most likely have not passed yet but jumped the gun and launched the car.
Stormbringer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 07:53   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venks_144 View Post
1. NCAP system is great, the least that it is trying to do is to promote safer cars. But does the job end there? I don't think so. It needs improvement, it has to improve. We can't be like it is the best of the best and needs 0 improvement
Of course it needs to improve. In fact, it does. They recently upgraded the testing protocol in 2022 such the the impact force thresholds on the dummies are lower than before, meaning the car shell needs to be stronger. They added more tests, more criterias.

I am absolutely not saying it's the best of the best. It's a very baseline measure. But it is a valid baseline measure.
Quote:
2. Are Indian car manufacturers doing enough to build safer cars? I would say partially 'yes' but completely 'no'. Most of these test cars that go out and get 5 stars, are we sure the same cars get delivered to end user? If you are saying all cars are absolutely safe, there are scenarios where we have seen fully trashed 5 star car and absolutely safe 0 star car too.
This is something just I do not understand. By that logic, the manufacturer would have to crash test every single car? And how does that work out? You rebuild the car? No. It's crashed.

You build a new car? But then again who tests that?

What I do know is that these parts contributing to the 5 star rating are assembled by robots. So they will be assembled exactly the same to an extremely low margin for error. So you have a 99.9% chance of getting the exact same build quality of car.

You buy every single product in the market with the manufacturer certification. For example, you buy a paracetamol because FSSAI says that Pfizer is indeed putting paracetamol in their tablets. But do you test every single tablet manufactured for contents? No.

This is the same case.
Quote:
3. And the point you made about being experienced drivers buying cars. Sorry to say, there are lot of new drivers who even buy SUVs, MPVs and so on. For them inherent safety is utmost critical, but what is also important is to make cars that are user driver friendly and doing enough for that.
There is no universal definition of "driver friendly". If one is a new car owner/user, they should get habituated to the car they have. What is your criteria of "driver friendly" may not be someone else's.

So realistically, stop expecting that.

I have a friend who is 6'6" and doesn't fit in half the cars on the market. He is in the process of buying a new car. Should manufacturers custom build a car for him? No.
Quote:
Further concluding this, never tried to undermine the NCAP system but lot of folks, agencies have told our there that it has to be better. Simply manufacturers funding it themselves and selectively testing cars doesn't guarantee that xyz manufacturer intrinsically makes safer cars irrespective of whatever marketing photos have been offered. We never get a chance to dismantle our car and see whether the car is the same car that score 5 star or 7 stars.
Manufacturers don't selectively test cars. If you read the NCAP protocol, they select cars randomly from a lot, even when the manufacturer volunteers. When a manufacturer doesn't volunteer and NCAP themselves test it, they buy a car from the showroom under discreet names.

Again, do you dismantle every single crocin or paracetamol you take? Do you dismantle your phone to check if it was really made by Apple or Google or OnePlus?

Do you throw your helmet at a wall to validate is ISI mark?

You already put your faith in multiple standards. How is this any different?

Quote:
I repeat myself here 'A car is as safe as the driver and the passengers make it safer.' Driving a car at 150kph on open highways is stating that I have a perfect 5 star car is foolish, irresponsible and reckless.

I rest my case here since I feel it is too much out of topic now.
Of course the car is only as safe as its driver. But like I said before. A competent driver in a 5 star car has greater survival probability than in a 0 star car.

Quote:
3xo is a great car in today's time but I still don't agree that Mahindra has done enough and I am still sticking with the issues highlighted with the lack of dead pedal, accelerator brake pedal too close to each other and turbo abruptly kicking in. In these aspects skoda, VW with a similar 1 litre turbo engines are doing a great job let alone talk about Mahindra's horrendous vehicle allocation and manufacturing capabilities. You maybe a very professional driver with 0 errors in your XUV 300 ownership but let me assure you there are thousands out there who are not and still would want to go and buy it.
Every single thing you mentioned is personal to you.

I'm not even saying it because I personally am used to it, or I'm some expert. FYI, I went from a Jazz, one of THE MOST sedate cars on the market, to a diesel 300. The transition was extremely polar for me as well.

I already gave you an example of a teammate who went from a WagonR to a 300 and has reported no issues.

My other teammate went from a decade old Punto to a 300. And turned out fine.

It sometimes takes time to get habituated to a car. You cannot get habituated to it in one test drive.

Don't trash the car because you couldn't get habituated to it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th June 2024 at 11:32. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
ashishk29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 08:39   #416
BHPian

Quote:
3xo is a great car in today's time but I still don't agree that Mahindra has done enough and I am still sticking with the issues highlighted with the lack of dead pedal, accelerator brake pedal too close to each other and turbo abruptly kicking in.
TBH, your argument confuses me. One the one hand, you say that driver skill is more important than the vehicle, or "fictitious" certifications and ratings.

So OK, you focus on driver skill then.

But then you call Mahindra unsafe because they don't give a dead pedal, or their engine response is not similar to VW?

I don't get it. Which is it? Driver skill? Or Vehicle passive features?

If it's about driver skill, then it's your responsibility to learn how to manage without a dead pedal, or how to get habituated to accelerator/brake spacing, or learn how to manage this "abrupt" engine response. The onus is on you.

TBH I have driven both the petrol and diesel extensively and the turbo kicking in feels abrupt only if you just pin the accelerator down. If you don't do that, if you gradually give throttle input, you get abundant drivability even before the turbo kicking in.

In fact, on my diesel 300, I end up shifting right before that turbo kicking in, because I improved upon my driving skill to understand how my engine responds, and adapted to it.

Also, the dead pedal thing is the weakest crib I've ever seen. Have you learnt to drive ONLY in cars with a dead pedal? I learnt in and drove cars without one for the longest time, and so I don't NEED a dead pedal to be present.

If according to you a 5 star crash test rating doesn't make a car safe, then the absence of a dead pedal should also not make a car unsafe. Pick a side.

Quote:
In these aspects skoda, VW with a similar 1 litre turbo engines are doing a great job
So you're surprised an engine manufactured by one company has a different kind of engine response compared to an engine manufactured by a whole other company?

Again. Driver skill. Get used to it.

I went from a Jazz to a 300. Took me a couple of weeks to get adjusted. And the diesel 300 engine makes more torque than the VW 1L turbo engine as well. So in my case the "abruptness" very much exists.

Quote:
let alone talk about Mahindra's horrendous vehicle allocation and manufacturing capabilities.
I'm sorry, now it's about their manufacturing capacity?

Yeah they haven't been able to scale up production speeds. Absolutely. They need to greatly improve their manufacturing capacity. Agreed.

OK. Fine. Don't buy one if it doesn't fit in your schedule then.

I was flexible with colour options and got my 300 in just 2 weeks. The original colour I booked had a waiting of 3 months. To me, the car mattered more than a cosmetic that I personally would never see while driving.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th June 2024 at 11:30. Reason: Spacing for readability
ashishk29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 09:02   #417
BHPian

Guys. If you want to buy a car with 0 or 1 star rating, go ahead and buy. Don't detract the rating system. The rating system may have some flaws, but not flawed enough to sideline it.

And for those who are saying, are we sure that the Indian manufacturers are providing us the same cars (meaning of same build) which are being sent for testing? I think you need to rethink your motives and priorities. How do we know you are not sent here by a manufacturer like Maruti or Hyundai or KIA who have repeatedly compromised on their build quality to sell in India? The number of brake failure reports on Hyundai cars possibly is highest I have read (from my recollection). Has that stopped people from buying it?

I really find the arguments against the crash ratings absolute nonsense. Yes. Mahindra and Tata cars may not be as reliable. But surely they have a bigger commitment to sell something which is built with some commitment to improve. Maruti cars on the other hand have been becoming tinnier. Just experience the Grand Vitara/ Hyryder. They belong in sub 10 lac segment honestly - they don't feel or look as robust as a Punch. But people lap them up.

I didn't intend to support any single manufacturer or defame some other. But the arguments here are ridiculous just trying downplay the crash ratings.

Let's get back to the topic of 3XO in this thread. Mahindra has continuously evolved and committed - is very visible. Go and watch the interview with one of their heads prior to release of XUV700. You will know. They haven't taken shelter in statements like our car meets existing regulations - which means none.
theabstractmind is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 10:12   #418
BHPian

Hello everyone. I called Mahindra customer care yesterday to get some update on my MX 2 Pro AT booking and delivery timeline.

I was informed that August'24 is the tentative delivery however it can happen before that. On the other hand dealership has no clue on it. I booked it online on 15th May.

Here is the contact detail if anyone interested.
Phone: 18002096006
Email: bookingsupport@mahindra.com

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th June 2024 at 11:29. Reason: Spacing for readability
khanmaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 10:22   #419
BHPian

Since so much already has been debated about the Vehicle Safety, ADAS and GNCAP in this thread, I just wanna say a few things having read all the posts.

• At 64kmph crash, would I want to be in a car that scored 5 stars or 0/1/2/3 stars at the said speed?

Well, obviously the 5 star car.
  • At 100kmph crash, would I want to be in a car that scored 5 stars or 0/1/2/3 in a 64kmph test?

Are you kidding me?! It's an even more resounding "YES" to the 5 star car.

If a car barely managed 0/1/2/3 stars at 64kmph, what hope does it have at 100kmph? I say this because for some weird agenda driven reason, people seem hell bent on bashing the 5 star car for this parameter.
  • Say, if X incident happens or an human error occurs, which car would you pick?

Well, you read my mind because it will be the 5 star car all day long.

The bottom line is, if people knowingly want to buy "unsafe vehicles", it's their perogative and no one is judging because everybody has different budgets, expectations and use-case for their vehicles. Moreover, I do agree with the reliability aspects of some vehicles but that has also been improving massively and applies to almost all budget manufacturers in India.

However, going leaps and bounds to create a false narrative and creating misinformation to glorify your purchase (for some weird reason??) is something that is not acceptable and fractures the integrity of this forum. A guest reader might read just "that one post", close the web page and make their buying decision.

I have been wrong many times in this forum and been corrected by other members. If I have "evidence" to back my reply, I do the same and if I don't, most of the times I sheepishly leave a thanks for the correction, admit my mistake silently, take it as a learning lesson and move on.
What I do not understand is the personal attacks and mud slinging where the ultimate point is to learn and grow as a collective in this forum?

Last edited by Doonite : 9th June 2024 at 10:25.
Doonite is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 20:30   #420
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: To further discuss the safety of the XUV300 / XUV 3XO, please continue the posts on this other thread (Mahindra XUV300 gets a 5-star rating in the Global NCAP).

Let the discussion here focus on the XUV 3XO. Thank you.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks