Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2024, 08:09   #361
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venks_144 View Post
After a lot of research and lot of test drives in understanding the requirement shortlisted Sonet D AT HTX. Had read a lot of safety related comments from some folks but after a lot of understanding how safety is to be defined for us the sonet made a lot of sense. We felt that GNCAP ratings are heavily misunderstood since we don't get into the complete know how's and limitations of these controlled tests and end up calling most of the cars that don't get 5 stars as tin can and so on.
Please elaborate more on this, would like to understand this in detail.
lightfootdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 08:11   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProf View Post
Got it back from 3 places or 2? If three, you would have made Rs. 21k freely!
I booked in 3 places and was trying at the 4th place, India Garage, where it materialized quickly, so I had to make another booking there and proceed further. So yes, a total of 4 it becomes
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 09:50   #363
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Please elaborate more on this, would like to understand this in detail.
Well this has a very long explanation atleast the way I can explain

However to bring more context to this, there are lot of variables through which even the so called safe cars are not tested. For example a 100 kmph Nexon with 5 stars may not be safe anymore in a certain scenario which the GNCAP variables don't allow it to be tested in. So it would be 0 star safety in that situation.

Adding to that, most of us tend to keep objects on the dash and also in different places in the car which can become a projectile and puncture airbags and so on.

In my opinion, a care is as safe as the occupants taking accountability to make it safe and there are unknown variables that cannot be controlled. A little bit of more awareness can make a vehicle lot more safer than it is. Similarly some of the car manufacturers have been promoting 5 star and more safety but they are not working on quality control that causes the accident in the first place. If brakes or gearbox get jammed or some electronics go bonkers and that causes an accident then what would anyone do with the 5 star label?

I think these are certain thoughts any person judging a car should think upon.
Venks_144 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 10:32   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Few more observations from this video-

Are there no load sensors at the rear for the seatbelts? I see them being buckled in. If not this is another el cheapo bit in otherwise we'll kitted car.
We did TD on AX5L and load sensors were there for all the 5 seats for seat-belt warning
Mrjomi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 10:54   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
That interesting to note when I asked for PDI, they said I had to go to the Stockyard which is very far for me, and with the rains in Bangalore I decided not to go but they kind of explained in the showroom what are the parameters they checked against, etc. Advance Congrats on your delivery! At the time of delivery it as 70KM done!
Looks like my PDI will not happen the way I wanted either. It appears they’ll get the car for PDI at dealership (PPS Kanakapura), post PDI, vehicle goes back to stockyard for accessories fitting and then be brought for delivery. SA said this will get the odometer to 150km which I’m not happy with. I’m going for the PDI in about an hour.

I’m now thinking I should give up on the accessories and do it outside. I mainly wanted the floor mat and mud flaps. Did you get accessories at the dealership or outside?

Last edited by KarthikK : 4th June 2024 at 10:56.
Stormbringer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 12:56   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Looks like my PDI will not happen the way I wanted either. It appears they’ll get the car for PDI at dealership (PPS Kanakapura), post PDI, vehicle goes back to stockyard for accessories fitting and then be brought for delivery. SA said this will get the odometer to 150km which I’m not happy with. I’m going for the PDI in about an hour.

I’m now thinking I should give up on the accessories and do it outside. I mainly wanted the floor mat and mud flaps. Did you get accessories at the dealership or outside?
My wife got used to the front parking sensor, and they said the warranty would be void if I did that outside, so that is the only item I went with the dealer. Rest all like mudflap, GFX Mat, waistline chrome, side chrome beading, and rain visor. I did all of this outside near JC Road. The guy said Mahindra is now giving accessories like MGA to all the vendors outside, which is good news!
srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 13:42   #367

Quote:
My wife got used to the front parking sensor, and they said the warranty would be void if I did that outside, so that is the only item I went with the dealer. Rest all like mudflap, GFX Mat, waistline chrome, side chrome beading, and rain visor. I did all of this outside near JC Road. The guy said Mahindra is now giving accessories like MGA to all the vendors outside, which is good news!
What about the front fog lamp accessory? Is warranty void on that as well if done outside
Old 4th June 2024, 14:21   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush2545 View Post
What about the front fog lamp accessory? Is warranty void on that as well if done outside
As wiring has to be altered, the warranty will be void if you install fog lamps outside, I believe. In the showroom, to would cost around Rs. 8,500/-.
AProf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 18:13   #369
BHPian

The XUV 700 allows 11 hours of footage storage.

Does 3XO Variants with 360-degree cameras allow the same?

Because if yes then a Dashcam may not be needed, unless there are issues with half-baked software setup.

Those lucky ones who have already got delivery of such 3XO variants can confirm pls?

Screen Grab from XUV 700:
Attached Images

BSASLR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 09:40   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSASLR View Post
The XUV 700 allows 11 hours of footage storage.

Does 3XO Variants with 360-degree cameras allow the same?
The Owner's Manual shared here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
XUV 3XO User Manual

https://storagewyh.blob.core.windows...rs-Manual.html

Its not PDF but only online.
does mention that recording may be done. Please search for "recording" in that manual.
AProf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 09:47   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My wife got used to the front parking sensor, and they said the warranty would be void if I did that outside, so that is the only item I went with the dealer.
With the recent fiasco where a Thar caught fire, Insurance washed their hands off citing aftermarket accessory being installed which caused the fire. Coincidently, as per the owner, the camera (accessory in question) was installed by the dealer.
In the current scenario, its better to go with company issued accessories only, especially electrical. In this way, your warranty stays intact.
rakesh_r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 15:17   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Adding to that, most of us tend to keep objects on the dash and also in different places in the car which can become a projectile and puncture airbags and so on.
Am guessing that most of this is coming from a podcast that I heard recently as well. This is probably one off their podcasts that I don't completely agree with!
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 15:29   #373

Quote:
Finally, I have the machine with me (XUV 3XO AX5L AT Petrol). It was a fabulous and super quick showroom delivery experience last evening. Of course, there is fantastic traffic on Friday evening. I never felt tired or feared driving a new one! It is so buttery and smooth, with no lag/jerk whatsoever! TGDi and TC’s marriage was awesomeness here!
Many congratulations on the new machine! Can you post your experience with ADAS and the kind of mileage it is returning to you

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 5th June 2024 at 15:38. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 5th June 2024, 15:38   #374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Am guessing that most of this is coming from a podcast that I heard recently as well. This is probably one off their podcasts that I don't completely agree with!
Yep this point was an eye opener in terms of safety is actually interpreted by us common folks. Prior to this I have been also deep diving on online forums to differentiate whether car manufacturers are only aiming to make 5 star cars or actually putting efforts into making our cars safer

I have myself owned 2018 i20 for a long period now which in NCAP per se has compromised safety but still had 6 airbags. And I was fortunate enough to be safe in most of accident like situations, the car for me was still built good with my style of driving. This again could be a different experience for different drivers.

A 5 star car would not be my top priority. My priority would be how various variables like car reliability, build and various other parameters contribute to my holistic understanding of whether a particular car is safe.

I would rather prefer to be in a car with 3-4 NCAP rating which has better braking and better control of the car rather than be in a car that has 5 star safety with poor braking and electronics going bonkers randomly putting me or anyone who drives in panic mode.
Venks_144 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 18:07   #375
Bit
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:

In my opinion, a care is as safe as the occupants taking accountability to make it safe and there are unknown variables that cannot be controlled. A little bit of more awareness can make a vehicle lot more safer than it is. Similarly some of the car manufacturers have been promoting 5 star and more safety but they are not working on quality control that causes the accident in the first place. If brakes or gearbox get jammed or some electronics go bonkers and that causes an accident then what would anyone do with the 5 star label?

I think these are certain thoughts any person judging a car should think upon.
Absolutely agree. The car can be 5 stars NCAP ratings all the way but what's the point if MY car wasn't checked thoroughly for quality control? The car might have very quick airbags and re-inforced steel etc but what my during a crash MY airbags do not open (as had happened a few months back with a Scorpio which is a 5 star rated car)?

And Indian manufacturers are infamous for their quality control, and we all are witness to that. If Tatas and Mahindras have visible niggles from day 1 like infotainment, camera, software, and various electronics - and mind it, these are the things that we can SEE; who's to say that the components you CAN NOT see are performing at their optimal?

Last edited by Bit : 5th June 2024 at 18:08.
Bit is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks