Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2024, 10:52   #346
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Congrats! The car looks awesome.

I’ve been allotted my AX5L petrol AT as well and completed the payment yesterday. They’ve promised to let me do a PDI at the dealership tomorrow or day after (apparently they don’t allow us to go to stockyard anymore). How was your PDI experience and how many KMs did your car have on odo during delivery? Looks like I’ll mostly get the car on Thursday.

That interesting to note when I asked for PDI, they said I had to go to the Stockyard which is very far for me, and with the rains in Bangalore I decided not to go but they kind of explained in the showroom what are the parameters they checked against, etc. Advance Congrats on your delivery! At the time of delivery it as 70KM done!
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 11:05   #347
BHPian

Great. Please continue to review in periodic way. The headlight mess up is evident, like a ford 150 on a Maruti 800. But other than that if the build quality is nice then it’s worth I think.
Old 3rd June 2024, 12:42   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Diesel AMT TestDrive was available, and I hated it!

This is missed opportunity for Mahindra. Shifts are erratic, head nod, etc spoiled the brilliance of that great diesel heart. For reference, I simply loved the Diesel Manual and the Petrol TGDi Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLoading View Post
Today there was a Grand Event organized by Automotive Manufacturers (PPS Motors), Pune in Hadapsar location for Deliveries XUV 3XO. They just opened in Pune and very prominent in South India. Looks like they are off the mark with Grand Event.
=======
Sharing the Pics here with you all.

I have a question that someone raised on one of their YouTube videos recently that I'm trying to recall. The call-out was about the Electronic Parking Brake. The quote was that the EPB is both Good and Bad; there are chances that there may be sensor/electric malfunction, and the brake may apply on its own; after hearing this, I was a bit hesitant, but I can't help it, I have to use it. Folks here would have much more factual information and knowledge to share about this. Any clarifications/education would be appreciated! Many thanks!

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd June 2024 at 12:46. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 3rd June 2024, 16:00   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I have a question that someone raised on one of their YouTube videos recently that I'm trying to recall. The call-out was about the Electronic Parking Brake. The quote was that the EPB is both Good and Bad; there are chances that there may be sensor/electric malfunction, and the brake may apply on its own; after hearing this, I was a bit hesitant, but I can't help it, I have to use it. Folks here would have much more factual information and knowledge to share about this. Any clarifications/education would be appreciated! Many thanks!
EPB is nothing new. It's been in operation and quite commonplace in West since about 2000's or even earlier. Heck Mahindra's XUV700 too has it. Haven't heard about such an issue even in XUV700 (despite the electronic niggles).
07CR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 17:31   #350

Those who already took delivery of AX5L and AX7L. Can anyone tell if the AC is working properly and also is there a lag in 360 degree camera? I am a little concerned about this based on the reviews I read in some pre-production cars.

Also please share the software version it came with
trident1764 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 17:55   #351

Hello, I am interested in upgrading to 17's. Have booked AX5L which comes with the 16's. Location- Noida
Old 3rd June 2024, 18:15   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post

However, the indicator sound is irksome—even more so than the Slavia I drove just half an hour before (and that’s quite the irony).
100% on the Indicator sound.

I test drove the AX5 Diesel AMT and the turn indicator sound/buzzer caught me off guard. I hope there is a way to change it to something more regular.
Old 3rd June 2024, 18:47   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Question for those who have cancelled the booking online:

Is the refund processed immediately ? Or is there a process to it (maybe the request is put on hold and you get a final confirmation call from call centre/dealership) ?

How easy/difficult it is to get refunds in general from Mahindra ?
Before mine was allotted, I booked in at 3 different dealerships. Once the allotment was done, I had to send a canceled cheque leaf to the dealer, who processed it within 48 hours. I got it from all 3 places. I hope this helps!
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 19:19   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFreak9874 View Post
Cancellation window opened today, I cancelled my online booking.

There is a 10% cancellation charge, and it mentioned a refund to original payment method.
Received the refund today, the full amount, INR 21000. No charge has been deducted.
MindFreak9874 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 19:58   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
Before mine was allotted, I booked in at 3 different dealerships. Once the allotment was done, I had to send a canceled cheque leaf to the dealer, who processed it within 48 hours. I got it from all 3 places. I hope this helps!
Got it back from 3 places or 2? If three, you would have made Rs. 21k freely!
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:18   #356

A very wierd quirk pointed out by carwale youtube channel

The AX7 variant doesn't get the the much more premium frameless auto IRVM like the L variants. It looks cheap and has thicker plastic frame surrounding it which looks very much like one from maruti.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot-20240603-184414.png

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot-20240603-184448.png

AX5L and AX7L get the premium frameless one. AX7 gets the frame one. Big bruh moment. My guess is the frameless one is made especially with the ADAS camera housing so they went with the cheaper option in AX7 (non-L)
kush2545 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 21:48   #357
BHPian

Kia Sonet's Owner's Manual says the engine needs Min 91 Octane.
As far as I know, Nexon and Brezza also need the same.

Mahindra 3XO needs 95 Octane

Would that mean No Shell, Essar or BP Petrol?

IOC- XP95 and HP Power 99 Octane are the only options
One has to look for company operated petrol bunks to be sure of fuel Quality

Any other options that learned members know of?
BSASLR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 22:38   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSASLR View Post
Kia Sonet's Owner's Manual says the engine needs Min 91 Octane.
As far as I know, Nexon and Brezza also need the same.
I have also the same doubt.

I remember somebody had asked earlier also about the 95 octane petrol.

Can’t we fill fuel regular petrol from BP/IOCL/HP?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd June 2024 at 22:54.
superiorsuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 23:29   #359
BANNED

Me and my wife had almost finalised XUV 3xo MPFI AX5 petrol variant. However had to pull back after extensive thought process. Following is what we thought of the new 3xo.

1. The interiors are really good, feels a lot premium for the price range offered. However, we didn't find the seats to be great. We felt that the cushioning was not that great and it didn't behave like how a foamed seat does. Also no dead pedal and the leg space on both sides of the driver seat felt cramped even though on paper it's the widest car.

2. The turbo petrols are really peppy but below 2000 rpm there are significant vibrations that make way to the cabin. My wife actually felt minor vibrations in the rear seat as well. The engine pulls great, however due to the power kicking in at above 2000 rpm there is a significant rush. I am sure this will affect passenger comfort because of sudden acceleration and deceleration when the peddle is stepped on and let go.

3. The suspension is plush, felt good over bad roads and even the car was stable in high speed corners. But the steering felt dead, I could feel no change in response even if the steering was turned 10-12 degrees initially.

4. Pathetic sales experience from Mahindra in Thane. These guys were asking us to do 1 km test drive and it took 7-8 days for them to make the test drive vehicle. The biggest joke was they asked us to take test drive together with other customers who had come for test drive. We had to fight for this and got our test drive.

5. The booking process is another major gray area with zero clarity from senior manager etc. who said no delivery will happen atleast for the next 3 months. Had escalated these issues via Twitter and customer care..however they said please resolve it at dealer level.

We had shortlisted other 2 options meanwhile
1. Kia Sonet
2. Honda Elevate

After a lot of research and lot of test drives in understanding the requirement shortlisted Sonet D AT HTX. Had read a lot of safety related comments from some folks but after a lot of understanding how safety is to be defined for us the sonet made a lot of sense. We felt that GNCAP ratings are heavily misunderstood since we don't get into the complete know how's and limitations of these controlled tests and end up calling most of the cars that don't get 5 stars as tin can and so on.

Hoping to get our refund from Mahindra through cheque soon.

Last edited by Venks_144 : 3rd June 2024 at 23:35. Reason: Spelling corrections
Venks_144 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 06:41   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush2545 View Post
A very wierd quirk pointed out by carwale Youtube channel.

https://Youtu.be/HmBhjKdehnI?t=43
Few more observations from this video-

Steering is not adjustable for reach. Now that's a bummer. For a car with such great interior space, reach adjustment would have allowed drivers of all sizes to be equally comfortable.

Noticeable lag mentioned in 360 degree cameras. IMO manufacturers should give the feature after perfecting it, else it could be dangerous.

Are there no load sensors at the rear for the seatbelts? I see them being buckled in. If not this is another el cheapo bit in otherwise we'll kitted car.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks