Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2024, 13:09   #316
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohail_91 View Post
I think deliveries for AX7 and AX7L variants have not yet begun. Our dealership in Vizag doesn't even have a test drive vehicle for any diesel automatic variant, this is quite frustrating

Our dealer also shared a list of available vehicles for delivery on May 26th, but they were all AX5 or lower variants. Since we decided to stick with the AX7, we didn't choose any from that list.
I am likely to be delivered my AX5L AT on or around June 15th, as per the dealer (Bangalore).

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th May 2024 at 13:35. Reason: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
AProf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 13:30   #317
BHPian

I have a plan to upgrade my car under the Company Lease
And for a change wanted to try owning SUVs this time

Max budget would be around 18lacs (OTR Bangalore)

Was looking at top variant of 3xo OR Base variants of Scorpio N / XUV 700 (which I believe are proper SUVs

Coming from a sedan life priority are - comfortable long drive, minimal body roll and maximum boot space.

What would you guys recommend also would it be better to wait for the Thar 4 door variant?
I am in no hurry to upgrade though, just got an itch to
unni246 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 13:45   #318
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
I have a plan to upgrade my car under the Company Lease
And for a change wanted to try owning SUVs this time

Max budget would be around 18lacs (OTR Bangalore)

Was looking at top variant of 3xo OR Base variants of Scorpio N / XUV 700 (which I believe are proper SUVs

Coming from a sedan life priority are - comfortable long drive, minimal body roll and maximum boot space.

What would you guys recommend also would it be better to wait for the Thar 4 door variant?
I am in no hurry to upgrade though, just got an itch to
Depends on what your definition and expectations from the "SUV" is. Note that in India even raised hatchbacks like Venue/Sonet etc are called SUV. So is S-Presso et al.

If you are looking for a robust vehicle with 4x4 capabilities look for Thar, Jimny, GV/Hyryder AWD, ScorpioN 4WD or even the Gurkha 4x4x4.

For "everyday SUV" , or pseudo SUV you can consider the Creta/Elevate/Grand Vitara/Seltos et al.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 14:35   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post

Most crossover-SUVs available nowadays have suspension set up similar to sedans \ hatchbacks - body roll is not a concern as such, its usually people who have come from their old worn out cars perceiving a plush new suspension \ snappy drivetrain that way during test drives.

In any case India specific designed cars have good suspension set up to handle the varying road conditions and maintain good comfort level.

To quote an example - Maruti Esteem had less side to side head-toss than a Mk1 Skoda Octavia - road conditions weren't all that good back then, it also had less cabin resonance as you move from smooth to rough roads.

Its the opposite of what one would expect given the 'Skoda' badge, but it is what it is.

For boot space and cabin space together in the same car its best to look beyond Sub4M segment, they have to compromise one of these - so long distance travel with full house can be a challenge either in terms of luggage space or passenger space.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 14:36   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Depends on what your definition and expectations from the "SUV" is. Note that in India even raised hatchbacks like Venue/Sonet etc are called SUV. So is S-Presso et al.

If you are looking for a robust vehicle with 4x4 capabilities look for Thar, Jimny, GV/Hyryder AWD, ScorpioN 4WD or even the Gurkha 4x4x4.

For "everyday SUV" , or pseudo SUV you can consider the Creta/Elevate/Grand Vitara/Seltos et al.
Hey DCEite - Expectations are Real Estate, Comfort, Driving dynamics - also a good ground clearance.
4x4 is not a requirement as I am no fan of off road adventures

I am an avid fan of the Gurkha, however vehicle seems slightly expensive compared to what it offers, especially the 5 door variant which I would need as a minimum.
Thar and Jimny ruled out for limited boot space and not a fan of KIAs, Hyundais and Marutis (including the Toyota - Marutis)
Old 30th May 2024, 15:08   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProf View Post
I am likely to be delivered my AX5L AT on or around June 15th, as per the dealer (Bangalore).
May I know which dealership in Bangalore your booking is with? I’ve booked an AX5L AT grey (petrol) with PPS Kanakapura Rd and so far they’ve not given any concrete date for availability. They offered a different colour which I declined.
Old 30th May 2024, 15:30   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Could someone confirm if indeed there is Android Auto support (via a cable) and if the answer is in the negative are there any options to connect to Android Auto via phone (e.g. replicate phone screen on the car screen?)
Wired android auto will work still.

Last edited by ampere : 30th May 2024 at 16:20.
Old 30th May 2024, 16:48   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
May I know which dealership in Bangalore your booking is with? I’ve booked an AX5L AT grey (petrol) with PPS Kanakapura Rd and so far they’ve not given any concrete date for availability. They offered a different colour which I declined.
I have booked the same model, but nebula blue. The white was offered to me on 28/05/2024, which I declined. I have booked with Anant Cars, near BHEL, Mysore road, Bangalore.
They say allotment is most likely next week for me, and car will be delivered on June 15th.
One grey AX5L At has been delivered by him already and he said he will give me the new owners mobile number so that I can get feedback from him. I didn't press for the contact. If you want I will pursue it further.
AProf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2024, 20:11   #324
BHPian

If someone's interested, PPS Kormangala have 2 AX5L (black, white) while India Garage Palace Cross has a white AX5L readily available. I passed them in favor of nebula blue.

On a side note, wondering why do they have it unsold yet. Does the 3XO have lower demand than what mahindra claims (50k bookings in 1 hour of launch)!

Last edited by lightfootdriver : 30th May 2024 at 20:26. Reason: caps
Old 30th May 2024, 20:21   #325
BHPian

Smart Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise control are not offered in manual variants' ADAS suite of XUV 3XO as per ZigWheels YT channel.

Two special features missing in Manual.
Old 30th May 2024, 21:09   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Smart Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise control are not offered in manual variants' ADAS suite of XUV 3XO as per ZigWheels YT channel.

Two special features missing in Manual.
This is obvious and is true for all the cars, not just for 3XO. How do you expect the car to adapt to changing speeds if it can't change the gears? Adaptive cruise control works with AT transmissions only.
And Smart Pilot Assist is basically a combination of Adaptive CC and Lane centering, so it also is always exclusive to AT variants.

Last edited by UltraViolence : 30th May 2024 at 21:10.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 05:37   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
If someone's interested, PPS Kormangala have 2 AX5L (black, white) while India Garage Palace Cross has a white AX5L readily available. I passed them in favor of nebula blue.
I’ve booked the grey. Received a call from them a week ago saying it was available but they wanted me to confirm instantly. I hadn’t done a TD on an AT Petrol yet (did a very short TD on diesel MT), so told them I wanted to TD first. They got an AX5 AT later in the evening for a TD but told me the grey was given to a different customer ‘since I did not confirm’. Was offered the white which I declined.

I texted them yesterday and heard only the white is still available. Have they given you a ballpark date for the blue? I’m guessing that will be the next lot.
Old 31st May 2024, 08:31   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post

I texted them yesterday and heard only the white is still available. Have they given you a ballpark date for the blue? I’m guessing that will be the next lot.
I've booked with Sireesh Auto (silk board). They told me 2 months when I booked but I am constantly following up with him to get car in earlier lot.

SA has gone a bit incommunicado. Prior to booking, he would reply at 9pm as well while now he doesn't pick my call or respond to msgs even during working hours. Typical human nature I guess. I am thinking of doing a booking with PPS Kormangala or India Garage to bring some competition into picture. Whoever gets the vehicle first gets to have me as customer.
Old 31st May 2024, 08:43   #329
BHPian

Test drove the Diesel AMT and Petrol MPfi AT yesterday.

Diesel AMT: The diesel was underwhelming, to say the least - badly needs a torque convertor gearbox. A huge letdown!

MPFi AT: drove much better than the diesel, but in city traffic the car felt over-responsive to accelerator input with equally over-responsive braking. I had to dial down my inputs quite a bit, which felt un-natural, and drove the car in ZIP mode to 'mute' the experience a bit - which is counter intuitive anyways!

We're retaining our booking of the TGDi AT AX5L (no further news on AX7L availability).

Anyone know where the TGDi AT can be test driven in Delhi NCR?

Last edited by reppy : 31st May 2024 at 08:45.
reppy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 11:10   #330
BHPian

I'm having trouble choosing between the 3xO and 1.0L Taigun Highline. I took a test drive on the highway, where traffic was light, and I really enjoyed it. However, many reviewers complain about significant turbo lag, as seen in this video -

They recommend the Sonet over the 3xO for city driving. Even the Powerdrift reviewer shares this view. To me, the Sonet feels more like a hatchback and safety is a big concern. For those who have driven the TGDi Automatic, how noticeable is the turbo lag? Is it problematic for Bangalore traffic? The Taigun 1.0L also has issues, such as a lack of basic features and poor AC performance. I'm very confused, especially since this is my first car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks