Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2024, 14:06   #286
BANNED

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohail_91 View Post
Thank you, AProf.
I believe in our case, it was Mahindra assigning online bookings to respective dealerships, as our SA didn't ask us for any OTP or to cancel our existing online booking.

BHPian BeastLoading also shared something similar

We have booked AX7 Diesel Automatic, but there has been no news of vehicle allotment or delivery until now
The showroom hasn't even received the 3XO Diesel Automatic for TD.
Congratulations! I have booked AX5 Diesel Automatic. Do you have any idea on real milage for diesel? Is it worth to go with AMT for the milage ? I checked in videos, but couldn't find any reliable figures. And dealership is just keeping their mouth shut when asked about milage.
Old 28th May 2024, 14:41   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepster88 View Post
Congratulations! I have booked AX5 Diesel Automatic. Do you have any idea on real milage for diesel? Is it worth to go with AMT for the milage ? I checked in videos, but couldn't find any reliable figures. And dealership is just keeping their mouth shut when asked about milage.
Congratulations, Nepster88! Unfortunately, I don't have any details about the real-world mileage of the 3XO Diesel AMT. We haven't even had a chance to test drive it yet. I scoured YouTube but couldn't find any reliable mileage run videos from credible sources for the 3XO Diesel Automatic.

We booked it because we couldn't find any better option. We needed a diesel vehicle due to our high daily running, which will mostly be highway driving. We also wanted a compact, safe car since this will be the only car in our garage, used for both city commutes and highway runs.
We didn't want to compromise on safety (like with the Kia Sonet) and weren't comfortable with the Tata Nexon after hearing numerous horror stories about the product and after-sales service. So, the 3XO seemed like the best option.

According to BHPian srivatchsan, who had an opportunity to test drive the 3XO Diesel Automatic, the AMT performance is acceptable for highway but not so good for city driving. Since our usage will mostly be on highways, we hope it will work for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
It was a bit jumpy, I have not driven diesel engines much, but I felt AT shifting was smooth. 100% confident it will be great on highways and unsure for city driving as I felt literally jumping every time when I made the initial move.
I will keep you posted if I get a chance to TD it before delivery or any reliable mileage run video on YouTube
Old 28th May 2024, 14:50   #288
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoel View Post
Test drove AX5 Automatic for a short distance, engine power and gear box tuning seems quite good, instant power on light throttle. Steering was let down and a deal breaker, lifeless
Was it petrol ? If yes, then my hunch that the TCMPFI AT is better tuned for city driving compared to the "peaky" TGDi AT could be true.

By the way, my booking made on 15th evening for AX5 Petrol AT remains unchanged: "Order Confirmed".

On querying with dealer he has absolutely zero idea on even a tentative date.

Seeing the lacklusture attitude now I am seroiusly considering cancelling the booking and going with more established cars in the segment.

Last edited by DCEite : 28th May 2024 at 14:55.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 15:25   #289
BANNED

Quote:
Congratulations, Nepster88! Unfortunately, I don't have any details about the real-world mileage of the 3XO Diesel AMT. We haven't even had a chance to test drive it yet.
Yes, I did test drive Diesel Automatic, and it is much better than Nexon AMT. Diesel AutoShift does not feel sluggish at all unless you compare to tgdi AT. the TD vehicle had MID displaying ~12 kmpl, considering the rough usage, that is acceptable! My current usage is 12k/year, but I am planning to go on a few road trips once I get this 5start safety on road.

It is quite smooth if you do not rev hard, but the shift from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 are noticeable because of high power and RPM drop for the change. However, I still feel overall, the AMT is really good compared to any other AMT, and you can always use the shifter liver in manual mode if needed! Also, Manual version do not have any space besides clutch, and might not be comfortable in long run.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th May 2024 at 16:10. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Nepster88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 17:28   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Was it petrol ? If yes, then my hunch that the TCMPFI AT is better tuned for city driving compared to the "peaky" TGDi AT could be true.

By the way, my booking made on 15th evening for AX5 Petrol AT remains unchanged: "Order Confirmed".

Seeing the lacklusture attitude now I am seroiusly considering cancelling the booking and going with more established cars in the segment.
Yes, it was Petrol TCMPFI
Old 28th May 2024, 17:38   #291
BHPian

Finally, I managed to get an allotment of AX5 L AT White, which will most probably be delivered this coming Friday! I can't wait to share my experiences here soon.

Quote:

I had the same issue for almost a week, One morning, I started calling all the showrooms in Bangalore and sharing my requirements. By afternoon, I got back with a positive response and got a delivery by Friday. Booked on 26th May! They will cancel/no-show, etc., for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoel View Post
what is your feedback on steering response? is it a weak link in otherwise good package?
The steering response was superb; I am very picky with this as I have shoulder issues and keep visiting Physio; my experience with steering was fluidic.

Quote:
How is the engine performance of the TCMPFI petrol + Torque convertor combination ? Did you observe excessive lag ?
It was buttery smooth, it was like TGDI in my venue, and it was very well-tuned! Though I didn't get to go beyond 70, I really felt nice engine performance

Last edited by vb-saan : 28th May 2024 at 18:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 20:09   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Driving the Mahindra XUV 3XO 1.2L Turbo-Petrol GDi 6-speed AT

1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine with gasoline direct injection (GDi) produces 129 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 230 Nm @ 1,500-3,750 rpm. It is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission:
Disclaimer: Mahindra invited Team-BHP for the XUV 3XO test drive. They covered all the travel expenses for this driving event.
Well, I test drove AX5 AT (1.2 L TC, 109 BHP, 200 nm) today at Bangalore city for 5 km.

The driving position is good and comfortable. Steering is on a lighter side, and I felt it should have been a bit tighter. The reverse camera didn't display the rear-view and the executive said that the software has not been updated yet in the test car.

The crawl function is too good. I intentionally stopped at 30 degree steep gradient (between road and showroom) and released the brake. The car didn't move even a mm back! I tested this twice and both times the car climbed the hill without pressing the accelerator (whereas my present DZire VDI AMT moves back even at 10 degree gradient the moment brake is released, despite having the crawl function).

I was able to reach 70 km/h speed and 5th gear over two stretches and I tried manual over-ride gear shift on Zoom mode. There is a little bit of turbo lag. Once lag is overcome the car pushes forward.

I did go at 40 km/h speed intentionally over uneven ups and downs, and me and my son sitting at back felt comfortable. No need to care too much for small pot holes or small humps.

I used the start-stop feature at the city, the engine restarts the moment brake is released. We didn't find any vibrations inside. However, the moment engine starts, the steering gives a small jerk, a few degrees of loose turn of steering (in the opposite direction). However, this loose motion is not felt when I turned off the start-stop feature.

There is not much of sound inside. If you want to use manual over-ride for the gear-shift and wait for the sound change, you may never change the gears! Having driven over 3.25 lakh kms in three different cars, I could sense the speed and sound and hence change the gears! My son at the back didn't feel the gear-change, he believed the gear change only after seeing me doing it!

The driving dynamics is good and I am buying AX5L AT. I would give 95/100 marks for this car.

Last edited by graaja : 28th May 2024 at 20:17. Reason: Minor typo, paragraph spacing for better readability
AProf is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 20:59   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
Finally, I managed to get an allotment of AX5 L AT White, which will most probably be delivered this coming Friday! I can't wait to share my experiences here soon.
Which dealership are you buying from? If you don't mind, can you share your SA details over dm.
Old 28th May 2024, 21:04   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Which dealership are you buying from? If you don't mind, can you share your SA details over dm.
Surely, I am picking mine from India Garage. I will DM you more details.
Old 28th May 2024, 21:29   #295
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProf View Post
Well, I test drove AX5 AT (1.2 L TC, 109 BHP, 200 nm) today at Bangalore city for 5 km.

I intentionally stopped at 30 degree steep gradient (between road and showroom) and released the brake. The car didn't move even a mm back! I tested this twice and both times the car climbed the hill without pressing the accelerator (whereas my present DZire VDI AMT moves back even at 10 degree gradient the moment brake is released, despite having the crawl function)
Similar experience here with the TD of AX5L Petrol TC. This hillhold assist test is the favorite part for my 9 year old boy. As with the other cars' test drive in the last 2 weeks, we stop at a steep slope and count 1-2-3 and experience the roll back down the hill. With the 3XO TGDI engine, after the 1-2-3 count , instead of rolling down the hill , it went up without any accelerator. I was thinking its because of the TGDi - but surprised this happened with AX5 as well . Also not sure if its a good indication
Mrjomi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 08:57   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjomi View Post
Similar experience here with the TD of AX5L Petrol TC. This hillhold assist test is the favorite part for my 9 year old boy. As with the other cars' test drive in the last 2 weeks, we stop at a steep slope and count 1-2-3 and experience the roll back down the hill. With the 3XO TGDI engine, after the 1-2-3 count , instead of rolling down the hill , it went up without any accelerator. I was thinking its because of the TGDi - but surprised this happened with AX5 as well . Also not sure if its a good indication
You say "Also not sure if its a good indication :confused".
In my view it's good indication. Just release the brake ONLY if you want to move forward. If you have been driving AMT / Automatic, you would have been experienced in this! As I have been driving AMT for the past 7 years, my right foot will be firm on the brake whenever the car is stopped, or the car will be in N (Neutral) mode with parking brake lifted.
You say "it went up without any accelerator.". All AMT / AT cars are designed this way I believe, the moment you release brake, it will move forward, provided the car is in D (Drive) mode.
AProf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 09:09   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
Any idea what are the JBL acoustic upgrades? Also, which brand speakers they are using in AX5L?
They are using Harman Infinity on AX5. I saw this during TD yesterday. Only AX7 comes with Harman Kardon Premium Audio, I suppose, as per the brochure.
Old 29th May 2024, 09:10   #298
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AProf View Post
In my view it's good indication. Just release the brake ONLY if you want to move forward.
Makes sense. Thanks
All I was wondering is if lot of fuel injection or 'accelerator' activity happening without pressing pedal, this could mean even when the car stops in the traffic, break is still trying to stop that acceleration - which is waste of resources.
Mrjomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 09:18   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, AProf.
I believe in our case, it was Mahindra assigning online bookings to respective dealerships, as our SA didn't ask us for any OTP or to cancel our existing online booking.

BHPian BeastLoading also shared something similar

We have booked AX7 Diesel Automatic, but there has been no news of vehicle allotment or delivery until now
The showroom hasn't even received the 3XO Diesel Automatic for TD.
My dealer at Bangalore has delivered many cars already.
Last week, he offered me to change booking from AX5L AT to AX5 which could be delivered on 26th itself he said, which I declined.
Yesterday he offered me AX5L AT (same model I booked, but different color) white colored. I declined saying I want only Nebula Blue. Let the initial glitches, if any, in the first lot be sorted out, I will take delivery in the second lot, I thought. Further, I do not want to get the delivery of a car which was possibly under display for a month!
Now he says AX5L AT Blue is likely to be allotted next week and I may get the deliver on / around June 15th. I am happy to wait! Let exciting times last long!

Last edited by AProf : 29th May 2024 at 09:36. Reason: spelling correction from "lost" to last", in the second last word.
Old 29th May 2024, 09:30   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjomi View Post
Makes sense. Thanks
All I was wondering is if lot of fuel injection or 'accelerator' activity happening without pressing pedal, this could mean even when the car stops in the traffic, break is still trying to stop that acceleration - which is waste of resources.
As I am a mechanical engineer, my understanding is that the enhanced fuel injection takes place only when you release the brake and press the accelerator. When the brake is pressed and held, the fuel injector injects exactly the rate of fuel needed for idling. No fuel will be wasted, the software takes care of that. It is not like we hold the brake on left hand while we turn the accelerator in right hand in a Honda Activa / such a two-wheeler! Cars with software do not work that way.
So, please do not worry about mileage. Fuel efficiency is already taken care by start-stop feature on most cars now a days (except for base models, generally).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks