Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2024, 18:11   #256
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

I want to go for the AX7 model, I want that sweet sweet pano sunroof!

But I quite dislike the leatherette seats:

- It makes me motion sick
- I sweat a lot.
- Also with the sunroof, it'll get even hotter.

Does anyone know what are the rough costs to remove the leatherette seats and replace it with fabrics seats?

Does this make sense, or should I go for a lower variant instead or learn to live with the leatherette?
Old 26th May 2024, 18:57   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Batish, there's also the aspect of Parking Pawl wear and tear of the AT transmission box.
> Auto hold prevents that in a big way. The single biggest usability in our high braking environments here at home is toggling between the handbrake and not. It'll also help in bumper to bumper engine start-stop scenarios.
I would be very skeptical about having sound upgrade from Mahindra, considering the Music I experienced in AX5, and many reviews from others on AX7+(Harman Kardon)

With AX5, I tried hard to like the system by tweaking equalizer, sound modes etc on my 4 test drives in different cars. I think the speaker itself are not clear, and hence I am not happy with it. May be, with OTA, some softwere improvements can be shipped, but I am not sure if Mahindra is investing in tech here. I am planning to go through audio upgrade threads from team bhp and figure out options without voiding warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
I want to go for the AX7 model, I want that sweet sweet pano sunroof!

From Mahindra Accesories list:
1. Seat Covers (Airbag Compatible)
• Premium Ivory Seat Cover
• Red assent (TGDi ) Seat cover
• Sporty Theme Seat Cover
• Black Vinyl Seat Cover

One of the dealership quoted premium Ivory seat covers at 11k, which comes fitted in AX7, so I guess others might be less or around the same price

Last edited by ampere : 26th May 2024 at 19:13. Reason: back to back posts merged
Nepster88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 19:16   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
A quick question to the folks who have TD'd the 3XO, did you find the front seats to have too much of side bolstering?

I found the seats to be intruding into my back, the bolstering was 'so hard' that it was constantly diverting my attention. After a drive of around 15 kms, I wasn't too comfortable with the TD.

I never expected the 3XO's front seats to be so narrow and uncomfortable! I am of regular physical build and stand 6 feet tall.

The model I test drove was a AX5 P MT with fabric seats.

Can BHPians confirm their experience, or it is just me?
Yes, I asked the same to dealership while taking TD, they will deny saying it's exactly same in dimensions.

However, I'm medium built - 34, 5'7" so it is not a problem for me, but I feel the interior is somehow narrower than 300, even though the exterior dimension are exactly same. Even from my Brio, it is not an upgrade in interior space at least. Also, I feel the rear seats are lesser in thigh support. Still, in segment, that's one of the best cabin space i believe.
Nepster88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 20:01   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV 3XO deliveries have begun across the nation.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-20240526_195945.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-20240526_200000.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-20240526_200002.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-20240526_200013.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 20:56   #260
BHPian

I'm sensing low activity on this thread compared to my last two Mahindras (SN and Thar)
I haven't received word from the showroom after my booking (10.00.50 AM day 1 that it opened) with Harbir, Chandigarh.
Is anyone else in the same bucket?

A few questions:
1. Can anyone, who has received their vehicle, state their model and time of booking?
2. Can someone with a dimming IRVM please post pics of the IRVM stalk and all? I'm thinking of retrofitting it to the Scorpio-N.
3. Any word on whether the TGDI is being delivered with the AT transmission given the rumors on tuning updates?
4. If the situation on deliveries continues to be opaque over ten days from booking, I'm happy to book a base MX1 MT/MX2 pro-AT and modify it. Time value of money! It looks like MX1 has made it to Karol Bagh already.
5. Any word on that elusive parcel tray? Is it available at the showroom day1?
6. Any word on GFX/Lifelong mats for the car?
Old 26th May 2024, 21:33   #261
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Took test drive of AX5 MPFI MT and AX5 Diesel AMT today.

Brief summary:

Diesel AMT:

Power is available from word go. No turbo lag to speak of. Engine can be heard at idle inside the cabin but while in motion it's difficult to make out if it's petrol or Diesel engine car.

View from the front seats is impressive, with edges of bonnet visible (a.la Elevate).

AMT is one of the better tuned AMT's in market. The upshifting from 1st to 2nd and downshifting from 2nd to 1st is noticeable like all AMTs, but other than that the shifts are very smooth by AMT standards and barely noticeable !

A negative aspect of the footwell space. Even in the AT/AMT with the dead pedal, the space is not very good. My left foot on the dead pedal was at a slight tilted angle which would I guess be uncomfortable on very long journeys. But I guess someone with smaller feet and average height might not notice this issue at all.

AX5 TC MPFI MT:

At idle, when the door is open you can feel the vibrations. Even the door vibrates. But once inside and all windows rolledup and starting the crawl by releasing the soft yet long travel clutch, the vibrations vanish into thin air.

The car moves below 2000rpm but not with much eagerness. Slot the gear into second, let the engine revv past 2000 rpm and there is a surge in acceleration which you can feel. Not the push in the back kind of a feeling, but if I were to describe it it would be around 70% of the push back you experience in the erstwhile DDiS 1st generation swift, when turbo spools up beyond 2k rpm.
But it's fun nonetheless, but don't expect something extraordinary.

Again the cramped footwell shows it's ugly face, more so on the manual since there is nothing to keep your left foot on except the clutch itself.

The gearshifts are sure slotting but not as "precise" as say small Maruti's like Swift/Ignis.

AC was ok, infact it struggled a but to keep the cabin cool with 3 occupants, but then it was 44 degrees when I test drove and the car was parked outside. So no judgement here.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by DCEite : 26th May 2024 at 21:36.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 00:57   #262
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
AX5 TC MPFI MT:

At idle, when the door is open you can feel the vibrations. Even the door vibrates. But once inside and all windows rolledup and starting the crawl by releasing the soft yet long travel clutch, the vibrations vanish into thin air.

Hmm . Is that going to be a longer term problem? More the vibrations means maintenance issues in future?
BTW is it worse than XUV 300?
Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 07:52   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Diesel AMT:

Power is available from word go. No turbo lag to speak of. Engine can be heard at idle inside the cabin but while in motion it's difficult to make out if it's petrol or Diesel engine car.
Any vibrations in the diesel? Even I felt vibrations in the petrol variant I sat in. They didn't have the diesel AMT for TD.
Old 27th May 2024, 10:20   #264
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Any vibrations in the diesel? Even I felt vibrations in the petrol variant I sat in. They didn't have the diesel AMT for TD.
Didn't notice much vibrations on the diesel. Except the diesel thrum sound (very mild) at idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjomi View Post
Hmm . Is that going to be a longer term problem? More the vibrations means maintenance issues in future?
BTW is it worse than XUV 300?
Thanks
I don't think so. 3 cylinder motors are inherently like that.

Can't compare with 300 as I have never driven it.

Last edited by DCEite : 27th May 2024 at 10:21.
Old 27th May 2024, 11:01   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepster88 View Post
From Mahindra Accesories list:
1. Seat Covers (Airbag Compatible)
• Premium Ivory Seat Cover
• Red assent (TGDi ) Seat cover
• Sporty Theme Seat Cover
• Black Vinyl Seat Cover

One of the dealership quoted premium Ivory seat covers at 11k, which comes fitted in AX7, so I guess others might be less or around the same price
Aren't all of these either plastic/synthetic or leatherette? None of these would give you the frabic breathability right?
Old 27th May 2024, 12:30   #266

Hi All, I am going with the AX5L Automatic Petrol version. Can the 65Watt charger, Front sensors, boot lamp which are in AX7 be added in this version?

Also I got the price list shared from the dealer in Hyderabad. May be it will be useful for others here
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240527-12.28.02_94c4037f.jpg  

trident1764 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:09   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohail_91 View Post
Today, we received an email from Mahindra congratulating us on our booking of the 3XO. The email included a PDF file with all the details of the car we booked. However, it also contained the names and details of the sales consultant and sales manager.

We are now unsure if this document pertains to the booking we made online on the 15th or if the sales consultant has booked another vehicle for us. The consultant already had our details since we were in touch with them from the day the car was unveiled, but we decided to go the online booking route to ensure everything was recorded and to book as soon as the booking started.

The email received today includes a Booking No, while the email we received on the 15th, right after making the online booking, had no PDF attachment and mentioned our variant and colour details along with an "Online Booking Ref ID." Therefore, we are unable to verify if both emails pertain to the same booking.

Has anyone else who booked their 3XO online received a similar email?
For me my Dealer asked me for OTP received on mobile, where I had already configured my car. He said he will delete that and book newly. I have not received and mail from Mahindra. However, the Dealer has sent me an email with has some "OTF number" in it. I am not sure if booking number is same or different.
AProf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:26   #268

I got the AX5L AT Petrol delivered yesterday. The TGDi engine didn't disappoint me. The handling of the vehicle is top-notch too. However, I do agree that the steering is the weakest link in this good car.
There was a big event done by M&M where they delivered 170 cars.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240527-3.24.43-pm.jpeg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-whatsapp-image-20240527-3.24.43-pm-1.jpeg  

Newcarbie is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 15:33   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
The price difference between AX7 (MT) & AX7L (MT) is 1.5L. Additional features in AX7L (MT) are

- ADAS Level 2
- 360 Camera with blind view Monitor
- Electronic Parking brakes with Auto Hold

Are these features worth 1.5L value ?
IMHO the price delta between AX5 and AX7 is not worth it.
However, the price delta between AX5 and AX5L is worth it. I am paying 1.6 lakhs extra for AX5L, over AX5 for:
- more powerful engine with marginally better mileage (129 BHP with 18.2 km/l versus 110 BHP with 18 km.l)
- ADAS Level 2
- 360 Camera
- blind view Monitor
- Electronic Parking brakes with Auto Hold
- cooled glove box
- auto dimming glove box

This is my personal opinion and so I have booked AX5L AT
Old 27th May 2024, 16:00   #270

In case of AX5 which doesn't have Fog lamps, can we fit the OE fog lamps as accessory from dealer ? Also the front parking sensors ? without voiding warranty.
Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks