Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 19:44   #241
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Our dealer contacted us today with some disappointing news: the AX7 Diesel Automatic will take at least 2-3 months for delivery

However, he also provided a list of variants currently available for immediate allotment. This raises a few questions for me. If Mahindra claims record bookings, how are there unallocated units available?

It also makes me wonder if the dealer is inflating the waiting time for our selected variant to push us toward buying one of the available units, possibly to charge a premium or sell additional accessories.

I've attached the list the dealer shared.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-available-models.jpeg  

Sohail_91 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 20:54   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohail_91 View Post
This raises a few questions for me. If Mahindra claims record bookings, how are there unallocated units available?

It also makes me wonder if the dealer is inflating the waiting time for our selected variant to push us toward buying one of the available units, possibly to charge a premium or sell additional accessories.
I had actually shared the reason for your query few days back based on my friend's conversation with the dealership (refer post quoted below). They have received lot of cars (mostly mid variants) which are not mapped to any booking and the dealership is contacting people if they would like to upgrade/downgrade to those available models for a faster delivery. One reason could be that, Maybe company is trying to buy some time before they start production of all variants in full swing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Just had a chat with one of my friend who had booked AX7L Petrol MT. He mentioned that he got a call from his dealership today and they mentioned that the deliveries of AX7 and above models will start from July onwards. They mentioned this is why those models are not present for display or test drives as the production is slated for later.
They further mentioned that they have been allotted 50 cars (all TCMPFi & Diesel variants) that are not mapped to any booking so basically they can sell those at their will. They were offering a delivery on May 26th if my friend wanted to downgrade to AX5 from his current AX7L booking.

No idea if they were trying to convert some quick sales or what but please take the reasoning provided by the dealer with a pinch of salt.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 14:22   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFreak9874 View Post
Cancellation window opened today, I cancelled my online booking.

Steps:
  1. Go to https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings
  2. Find and click / tap the cancel booking button

There is a 10% cancellation charge, and it mentioned a refund to original payment method.
Can you please let me know the reasons for cancelling the booking?
Old 24th May 2024, 14:42   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
If someone has booked AX5L and planning to add dashcam as well, can you tell me if it's okay to install it below ADAS unit? I've booked AX5L AT but yet to figure this piece out.

Also, mahindra SA tells me ADAS unit by default stores videos of 1 week of drives. Is it true? If so, do I really need a dashcam?
As I am not able to send any PM as I am a Newbie, I am sharing updates here about my booking of AX5 L AT. Only one car of this variant has been received by the dealership, but of a different color. I have decided to take the delivery in the second lot of deliveries, which is likely to begin on June 15th as per the dealer. I expect Mahindra to address / set right software updates for ADAS, 360 deg cam etc, by that time, IF ANY. I have booked from Anant Cars, Mysore Road, Bengaluru. The total price quoted is around Rs. 16.8 Lakhs. I have not asked for any freebie / discount as it is unlikely for this car considering the demand. They say with their dealership, 3000 3XOs have been booked.
AProf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 00:39   #245
BANNED

Wanted to book AX5 Petrol TC. Dealer promised to get a test drive vehicle but today said only TGDi AX5L available for test drive.
Had a quick look.. that engine sounded a bit (more) noisy from outside and engine start and stop felt a bit jerky? Not sure I felt so because of the disappointment of not getting AX5 for TD.
Also worried about waiting period although the dealer is upbeat.
Leaning towards Sonet HTX DCT .
Old 25th May 2024, 09:46   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I enquired about the base variant at AMPL Mahindra, OMR Chennai. The 1.2 turbo MPFI is available for test drive now.
I took a test drive yesterday. It was a short test drive and within a busy area in the city with slight traffic. I was satisfied with the performance. The clutch and gear shifts were slightly long, but it's liveable. I need to get used to the sharp breaks.

The front seats have good side support, but I felt it's only for slim and normal framed people. People with wider frame may find it uncomfortable. Almost everyone in my family are slim to normal, so it wasn't a deal breaker.

The ergonomics were completely different from the Altroz. I am used to sitting at low slung positions. This felt like I was seated inside a lorry. When I adjusted the seat to a point where the pedal reach was right, the steering and gear lever was still very close to me. I wonder if I will be hurt by the airbags themselves when they deploy. This driving position is would be the most drastic change for me.

Not sure if it was me or the clutch or the engine itself, the car felt slightly jerky. The sales person promised he would get me a longer test driver by bringing the car to my home after a few days.

I have booked the mx1 variant in white. Lets see when I get the delivery. The sales guy gave me a rough estimate of 3-4 months.
Old 25th May 2024, 19:02   #247
BHPian

I took test drives of the AX5L TGDi, Elevate, and Kushaq 1.0 models. The AX5L TGDi's 1.2 engine offered impressive mid and high-range performance, with a comfortable and smooth ride at 130-140 km/h. My mom found the rear seating comfortable and appreciated the minimal engine noise in the AX5L TGDi. While the Elevate's engine sound seemed harsh to her and it felt like the engine is working really hard to get to the speed (damn CVT, I wish they used TC), the Kushaq 1.0 was good but a weak AC. The Kushaq 1.5 DSG felt like a true powerhouse, but it exceeded my budget. Overall, I'm sticking with my decision to go for the AX5L TGDi due to its performance, comfort, and affordability.
signal_beat16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 21:56   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
I took test drives of the AX5L TGDi, Elevate, and Kushaq 1.0 models. The AX5L TGDi's 1.2 engine offered impressive mid and high-range performance, with a comfortable and smooth ride at 130-140 km/h. My mom found the rear seating comfortable and appreciated the minimal engine noise in the AX5L TGDi. While the Elevate's engine sound seemed harsh to her and it felt like the engine is working really hard to get to the speed (damn CVT, I wish they used TC), the Kushaq 1.0 was good but a weak AC. The Kushaq 1.5 DSG felt like a true powerhouse, but it exceeded my budget. Overall, I'm sticking with my decision to go for the AX5L TGDi due to its performance, comfort, and affordability.
Did you test drive automatic or manual AX5L TGDi? If automatic, did you check the steering feedback?
mgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 22:24   #249
BHPian

Wonder of wonders, I got a call from my SA, saying my car has been allotted!!

Now the frenzy of getting loan passed and getting a choice number has taken over - will keep you guys updated about delivery. I was told mine is in the first batch so guess we'll be the Beta Testers for the AX5 MT for others, haha!

Took a bit of convincing and pushback to get the dealer to agree to a PDI but alls well that ends well. Have been told as soon as I get the loan approval letter, they'll arrange a PDI/PPI at the showroom itself.

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly, haven't taken a loan in 10 years so many things to learn again!
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 23:33   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
I took test drives of the AX5L TGDi, Elevate, and Kushaq 1.0 models. The AX5L TGDi's 1.2 engine offered impressive mid and high-range performance, with a comfortable and smooth ride at 130-140 km/h. My mom found the rear seating comfortable and appreciated the minimal engine noise in the AX5L TGDi.
Quick query - which dealership got AX5L for TD? I couldn't find a TGDi anywhere until last week.
Old 26th May 2024, 01:14   #251
BHPian

The price difference between AX7 (MT) & AX7L (MT) is 1.5L. Additional features in AX7L (MT) are

- ADAS Level 2
- 360 Camera with blind view Monitor
- Electronic Parking brakes with Auto Hold

Are these features worth 1.5L value ?
Old 26th May 2024, 02:25   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
The price difference between AX7 (MT) & AX7L (MT) is 1.5L. Additional features in AX7L (MT) are

- ADAS Level 2
- 360 Camera with blind view Monitor
- Electronic Parking brakes with Auto Hold

Are these features worth 1.5L value ?
Depends on what you are looking for with these features. Personally I feel a compact car this size doesn't really need a 360 camera. It's a welcome addition no doubt, just like blind view monitors are great but they both fall into the 'nice but not necessary' category for me. I'm not a big fan of ADAS, but then most of my driving is in a congested cityscape. If you frequent highways more, the ADAS might be more helpful for sure.

It's only the Auto Hold that has some value in b2b traffic, but most of the 'L' features are really luxury, as the name states, not necessity! Guess the larger sunroof, the branded speakers and the larger alloys might hold more value for some people and be worth the 1.5L upgrade, but I think the 'non' L version is more than good enough for me. Again this is what I am looking for in a car, a solid package with not too much tech, but you need to decide on your use case basis.

Cheers and happy choosing
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 06:46   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoel View Post
Did you test drive automatic or manual AX5L TGDi? If automatic, did you check the steering feedback?
I felt the steering was a bit light for my liking. But it's something I got used to after 10-15 kms. In zoom mode, the steering got a bit heavy but still not close to the VW and Skoda levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Quick query - which dealership got AX5L for TD? I couldn't find a TGDi anywhere until last week.
I found TGDi AT in my Hometown -Raipur. In Bangalore, even I just found TCMPfi variants.

Last edited by graaja : 26th May 2024 at 07:49. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or Multiquote options
signal_beat16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 11:50   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post

It's only the Auto Hold that has some value in b2b traffic, but most of the 'L' features are really luxury, as the name states, not necessity! Guess the larger sunroof, the branded speakers and the larger alloys might hold more value for some people and be worth the 1.5L upgrade, but I think the 'non' L version is more than good enough for me. Again this is what I am looking for in a car, a solid package with not too much tech, but you need to decide on your use case basis.
That's the problem. All these features are already present in AX7 & 1.5L extra for AX7L is only for ADAS, 360 Cam & Electronic parking brake with Auto hold.

Auto hold is indeed a convenient feature.
Old 26th May 2024, 16:44   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
That's the problem. All these features are already present in AX7 & 1.5L extra for AX7L is only for ADAS, 360 Cam & Electronic parking brake with Auto hold.

Auto hold is indeed a convenient feature.
Sorry my bad, I got confused between AX5 & 7!

I’d suggest if it’s not too much of a stretch go for the top end model. A 1.5L increase - if on loan - might only work out a couple of thousand more in EMI but you’ll get the topmost variant.

Most Viewed