Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2024, 18:34   #226
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Overall, I felt the seat ergonomics were very comfortable; the seats were soft but not too soft. Side bolsters didn't bother me; I had that issue while TDing the Kiger. This time, I tried 3X0 AX5 Diesel AMT. It was a bit jumpy during bumper-to-bumper traffic, but at speeds above 20 KMPH, it was just awesome—no complaints! I'm 5.7 and medium built.
Old 22nd May 2024, 20:33   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

I never expected the 3XO's front seats to be so narrow and uncomfortable! I am of regular physical build and stand 6 feet tall.

The model I test drove was a AX5 P MT with fabric seats.

Can BHPians confirm their experience, or it is just me?
Yes, its true.
- the seats are narrower and a medium frame driver will feel it.
- the seats also have lesser under thigh support. You may not realize at front, but at rear; its lowest among everything else. If you measure, its less than 1 inch than most others.

If you come from a Maruti world; you will definitely feel the difference. People from Polo/European car world may not feel the difference as those too have narrow seats.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 20:44   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Yes, its true.
- the seats are narrower and a medium frame driver will feel it.
- the seats also have lesser under thigh support. You may not realize at front, but at rear; its lowest among everything else. If you measure, its less than 1 inch than most others.

If you come from a Maruti world; you will definitely feel the difference. People from Polo/European car world may not feel the difference as those too have narrow seats.
Right observation of maruti. Coming from baleno i find all seats that way. Honda/Kia all seats I dont find comfortable and have side cushion is little narrow.

I am hoping its just habit and after couple of months use we or car gets used to of each other
Old 22nd May 2024, 21:38   #229
BHPian

If someone has booked AX5L and planning to add dashcam as well, can you tell me if it's okay to install it below ADAS unit? I've booked AX5L AT but yet to figure this piece out.

Also, mahindra SA tells me ADAS unit by default stores videos of 1 week of drives. Is it true? If so, do I really need a dashcam?
lightfootdriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 01:53   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLoading View Post
I am also looking for this answer.

Has anyone got TD of TC MPFI Automatic. Please share your inputs.
Hey Beast, you can check my mini-review of the MFPI TC here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
Tried the AX5 Petrol AT 1.2 MPFI engine.

Due to traffic, I didn't get chance to rev up the engine but the Turbo lag was immediately noticeable. Pedalling down does not make the car move instantly like in an NA engine, but the jerk is not quite exponentially non-linear, I think it was acceptable.

The handling and steering was amazing, so was the ride quality on the front. Bumps weren't felt in the engine, and there was not a lot of engine noise/rattling either.
I plan to go for a test drive once again though, hopefully when they have both TGDI and MPFI for TD available together!
mizu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 10:59   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
If someone has booked AX5L and planning to add dashcam as well, can you tell me if it's okay to install it below ADAS unit? I've booked AX5L AT but yet to figure this piece out.

Also, mahindra SA tells me ADAS unit by default stores videos of 1 week of drives. Is it true? If so, do I really need a dashcam?
I too have booked the same AX5L AT. I have been searching for the dashcam related stuff for over a week, and no one is clear. I read the same everywhere. Better to raise a query on Twitter to Mahindra!
AProf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 12:50   #232

Mahindra is claiming at least 10000 car delivery on 26th (i. e. this sunday).

I don't think anyone received any confirmation about it. Looks like they are going to mess up delivery schedule again.
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:47   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV 3XO petrol variants account for nearly 70% of total bookings so far.

Quote:
Contrary to what Mahindra SUVs are usually known for, Mahindra’s representatives say that the XUV 3XO’s petrol variants account for around 70 percent of the total bookings made till now. It’s not entirely surprising given that even the XUV300’s sales split over the years has been relatively balanced between the two fuel types. In January 2024, the sales share of petrol variants stood close to 45 percent, with the remaining 55 percent made up by the SUV’s diesel and EV (XUV400) derivatives.

Link:
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:06   #234
BHPian

Cancellation window opened today, I cancelled my online booking.

Steps:
  1. Go to https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings
  2. Find and click / tap the cancel booking button

There is a 10% cancellation charge, and it mentioned a refund to original payment method.
MindFreak9874 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:21   #235
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFreak9874 View Post
Cancellation window opened today, I cancelled my online booking.

Steps:
  1. Go to https://auto.mahindra.com/myaccount/view-all-bookings
  2. Find and click / tap the cancel booking button

There is a 10% cancellation charge, and it mentioned a refund to original payment method.
Thanks for letting us know. Even I was wondering all this time how to cancel (in case need to).

BTW, if I can ask, any particular reasons you cancelled?
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:31   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
BTW, if I can ask, any particular reasons you cancelled?
I needed a car earlier, and didn't feel like spending this much money right now. My booking was for petrol AX7 AT, for a moment I even considered MX2 Pro.

I had originally planned on getting this next year anyways, will revisit then.

Haven't taken a test drive either yet but I did walk into a dealership and checked out the car, the seating position and all. It was very comfortable and tempting. Nobody even asked me anything, which was perfect.
Old 23rd May 2024, 14:31   #237
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFreak9874 View Post

While booking I took this screenshot it clearly says "except 3XO"

Please use this Screenshot and talk to dealer. I even have video record of screen. I will send it if you need it.

In my opinion they should not deduct 10% based on there own website.

If they removed this clause then that's not the ethical practice as a trusted and listed company.

Also let us know your reason for cancellation, so that we can also get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot_202405181244443.png  

BeastLoading is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 15:38   #238
BHPian

Quote:
While booking I took this screenshot it clearly says "except 3XO"

Please use this Screenshot and talk to dealer. I even have video record of screen. I will send it if you need it.
Thanks, I sent the screenshot to bookingsupport@mahindra.com which is who I was told to contact for help with cancellation of online bookings by Mahindra customer care. I'll keep posting updates here.

Quote:
Also let us know your reason for cancellation, so that we can also get the idea.
Posted just above your post, Tl;DR budget and timeline
Old 23rd May 2024, 17:43   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The 1.0 TSI is a super wild motor (almost nothing better than it in the mass market segment across the globe). It is superior in the way it revvs; accelerates by a large margin. Mahindras 1.2 turbos are tuned to not hamper FEs...

Mahindra 1.2 turbos (non TGDI) manuals get beaten by the likes of Baleno, Swift, C3 at one end and Nexon, Kushaq 1.0 at the other end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
But just to put it into perspective, the 1.0 VW twins didn’t have me grinning quite as much. The larger displacement of the 3XO helped. I curse VW/Skoda every day for dropping their 1.2 TSI.

I’d love to hear more on this (comparison w 1.0 TSI) from experienced people like the two of you.
Any other particular reasons for this contrasting view?

Or just more reasons as to why you felt one is superior than the other. @TheHelix in particular

And what do you feel about the difference in displacement of 200cc @Dipen Is it felt in regular driving or highways?

Last edited by RaiAnish : 23rd May 2024 at 17:47. Reason: Added more specific details
Old 23rd May 2024, 17:57   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
I’d love to hear more on this (comparison w 1.0 TSI) from experienced people like the two of you.
Any other particular reasons for this contrasting view? Or just more reasons as to why you felt one is superior than the other.
I drove the 1.0 TSI MT and the 1.2 TCMPFi MT back-to-back within a 30-minute window. It was the 1.2 that had me grinning more. It felt more balanced throughout the power band and was eager to accelerate - it definitely felt faster, though I don’t know the 0-100 km/h timings. And I was far from being interested in top speed comparisons. The 3XO makes its peak power and torque slightly earlier than the VW twins, and this is evident in the power delivery. It’s got slightly more torque as well. This is what I attribute it to. Keep in mind that this was a highway run, with some mixed traffic and road conditions.

The 1.0 isn’t terrible, but it requires some revving. I’m not sure what engine and gearbox combination the other guy drove, so I can't comment on that.

Note: I’ve driven the 1.0 TSI MT multiple times before, and it has never impressed me. The reason is that I own a 1.6 Rapid myself, and the 1.5 TSI in the Virtus spoiled me. Not to mention all the other torque monsters in similar price segments. So I can't sing praises about the 1.0.

P.S: I’ve booked a Carbon Steel Gray Slavia 1.0, being the Skoda fanboy that I am, so it isn’t bias.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 23rd May 2024 at 18:03.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks