Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2024, 11:04   #211
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Doesn't make a difference as 3 star vs 5 star crash rating just turns the table in XUV favour.
I really don't care about GNCAP ratings, have noticed various flaws with them.
Also, as far as I know, both cars haven't been tested by GNCAP or any NCAP.

I was just surprised despite the power and torque advantage, the real numbers are quite slower for XUV3XO.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 12:57   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
BTW for those who have booked, will y'all be getting insurance from outside or from the dealer itself? Is there any possibility of negotiating on the insurance?
We have booked from Automotive Manufacturers, Maddilapalem, Vizag, and the dealer said we can buy our own insurance or, if we bring a quotation from another provider, they will try to match it.
Sohail_91 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 15:58   #213
BHPian

I enquired about the base variant at AMPL Mahindra, OMR Chennai. The 1.2 turbo MPFI is available for test drive now. Earlier only the diesel AMT was available for test drive.

They said test drive was allowed only for 3km since there are a lot of customer waiting. He mentioned that the base variant would take at least 4 months to deliver since production would be low for the base variants in general, and base variant bookings are less. I am planning to take a test drive this week.
Old 21st May 2024, 16:54   #214
BANNED

Hello Folks,

I was/ is in market for the SUV mostly sub 4 meters and was considering mostly 4 before XUV 3XO.

So it was Brezza, Nexon, Venue and Sonet in that particular orders.

Venue/ Sonet: While i was going to checkout the vehicle at showroom saw the accidental Sonet being pulled out to body shop and my family members were surprised to see the damages it has, almost a total loss.

Some other day while going to home from office saw completely crushed Venue parked roadside probably after the accident.

These two incidents left a very strong influence on me to look out for Safer SUV and then I Zeroed down to Brezza (Yes I know it has 4 Star safety rating only) and Nexon. Interiors of Sonet and Venue however make you feel like you are seating in some luxury cars!

Nexon: Almost everything as that of brezza and 6 airbags, 5 star safety rating, but family members somehow did not liked the backseats and inclined towards Brezza. Also there was compromise of AMT instead of TC AT gearbox so was in dilemma. Family members were also not happy with so much of Nexons in society, our society almost have around 20 to 25 nexons. I told them it is no nonsense product hence people are buying blindly but no luck i could see the hesitancy towards nexon from them. This was booked and then cancelled immediately after seeing the XUV 3XO Teaser!.

Brezza: This has become the first choice due to Torque Converter AT and Marutis after sales service (Owner of wagonR so i have first hand experience of them, Never disappointed with their service).

Brezza was anyway certain after seeing the GTO Post here.

Family members were also happy with it on test drive but somehow i felt on road prices are not justified for the Interiors and that one less star in safety rating (4 star).

Also Brezza VXI AT has only two airbags (those totally damaged Venue and Sonet i still recall here), No Sunroof (Daughty's Favorite!). Interiors screaming cheap, felt them just like WagonR.

But still gone ahead and booked the one in mid of April. Maruti knows all this, They know their customers well.

Then the XUV 3XO teaser was out and brezza too was cancelled as anyhow OTR prices were high.

I found Maruti salesman are in no need of customers. They have old MS owners loyalty and First time buyers as their fanbase. I asked them loyalty benefit, Exchange benefit or festive benefits but they out rightly said not a Single rupee discount sir!. After this I said your vehicles are not scoring good in safety Ratings. They replied that TATA has TATA steel as their own company so they can use as much of steel they can. Its due to TATA steel they have such rating!. So ignored them and told your vehicles are expensive and you doesn't value old customers anymore (Give me discount was hidden agenda here).

Mahindra XUV 3XO: Booked on 15 May first 10:00 AM tick and now waiting. All Online reviews are good and mostly Everything of Brezza + Nexon with 5 Star Safety. That butter smooth TC gear box as mentioned in GTO's Post.

Lately after booking started compiling the features list of Brezza VXI AT and XUV 3XO MX 2 Pro AT as both are TC AT base variants.

Just look at pricing Brezza Cost you 13.10 Lakhs OTR and 3XO cost you 11.18 OTR. Difference of almost 2 Lakhs!

Now its upto personal choice that Brezza vs 3XO but later is surely VFM.

I would honor the differences in opinion for Brezza and there is no offence here to Brezza Owners.

Sharing the Feature list for Brezza VXI AT and XUV 3XO MX 2 Pro AT, Question marks for details not available or not updated or I am not fully aware. Feel free to Add and update!. Most "No" of Brezza are deciding factors for me and those 6 Airbags too.

Lets see which one eventually get into the parking lot.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-1.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-2.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-3.jpg  

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-4.jpg  

BeastLoading is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 19:53   #215
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had the opportunity to test drive the 3XO Diesel AT? It would be really helpful if you could share your feedback on the engine performance, ride quality, and particularly the AMT gearbox.

Unfortunately, the Diesel Automatic variant is not yet available for a test drive at any dealership in Vizag, and I haven't been able to find any reviews online.

Thank you,
Sohail
Sohail_91 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 20:02   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcarbie View Post
I have taken a TD of AX5 AT Petrol, and it did have the drive modes. Not much of a difference between ZIP and ZAP in the city.
I took the AX5 AT TD and observed Normal and Sport modes. Yes, I agree; there is not much of a difference. I booked the AX5L as I was keen to have a 360-degree view camera. My main criteria were ride quality, which was fantastic, and amazing compared to all that I tested so far, like Venue, Brezza, Taigun, and the like. Hats off to Mahindra XUV 3XO
Old 21st May 2024, 20:48   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I was just surprised despite the power and torque advantage, the real numbers are quite slower for XUV3XO.
Weight (almost 25-40 % more than non-Indian competition) and super long clutch are culprits in MT timing plus conservative FE focussed tuning.
In AT, while trying to get better ARAI numbers, the tuning is conservative and a slight lag is observed.

Last edited by dipen : 21st May 2024 at 20:54.
dipen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 21:30   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLoading View Post
Hello Folks,
Thanks for the writeup! Definitely helpful as I have too considered Brezza!

Have you considered the mileage difference between Brezza and 3xo MPFI? What kind of usage do you have (city:highway %) and how many KMs are you expecting to rack each year?

Last edited by bblost : 21st May 2024 at 22:01. Reason: reduced size of quoted post
Old 22nd May 2024, 08:18   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I took the AX5 AT TD and observed Normal and Sport modes. Yes, I agree; there is not much of a difference. I booked the AX5L as I was keen to have a 360-degree view camera. My main criteria were ride quality, which was fantastic, and amazing compared to all that I tested so far, like Venue, Brezza, Taigun, and the like. Hats off to Mahindra XUV 3XO
what is your feedback on steering response? is it a weak link in otherwise good package?
Old 22nd May 2024, 08:22   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoel View Post
what is your feedback on steering response? is it a weak link in otherwise good package?
Ah, I forgot to mention that. I had Venue earlier, which was almost close to that—smooth response. I did not change any drive mode tested with the default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohail_91 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had the opportunity to test drive the 3XO Diesel AT? It would be really helpful if you could share your feedback on the engine performance, ride quality, and particularly the AMT gearbox.

Unfortunately, the Diesel Automatic variant is not yet available for a test drive at any dealership in Vizag, and I haven't been able to find any reviews online.

Thank you,
Sohail
It was a bit jumpy, I have not driven diesel engines much, but I felt AT shifting was smooth. 100% confident it will be great on highways and unsure for city driving as I felt literally jumping every time when I made the initial move.

Last edited by Axe77 : 22nd May 2024 at 09:50. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use multi quote / quote+ where appropriate.
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 09:43   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLoading View Post
Then the XUV 3XO teaser was out and brezza too was cancelled as anyhow OTR prices were high.

Mahindra XUV 3XO: Booked on 15 May first 10:00 AM tick and now waiting.
Well, after owning Maruti 800 for 6 years, Ford Figo Diesel for 6 years, and DZire VDI AMT for 7 years, I was looking forward to change my car. I had shortlisted two cars - Nexon Creative Plus S AMT Petrol and to be released XUV 3XO, depending on what 3XO had to offer. My 14 years old son also had independently shortlisted the same duo! These two were shortlisted by me considering 5 star safety. Reasons for change of car now: I had to change the car before I retire anyway, and I may not get good resale value for my Diesel DZire in view of a lot of news floating around Diesel ban post 2027. If not now, I thought I may have to wait for another 4-5 years before Nexon / 3XO facelifts are released.

I booked XUV 3XO AX5 Luxury AT. The following factors tilted in favor of 3XO, over Nexon: better interior space; powerful engine; ADAS Level 2 + 360 degree camera with blind spot monitoring considering my wife and my daughter would also drive on monthly long drives (they are not that experienced drivers).

I received booking confirmation yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed on the delivery date.
AProf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 10:40   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatchsan View Post
I took the AX5 AT TD and observed Normal and Sport modes. Yes, I agree; there is not much of a difference.
How is the engine performance of the TCMPFI petrol + Torque convertor combination ? Did you observe excessive lag ?
Old 22nd May 2024, 11:23   #223
BHPian

A quick question to the folks who have TD'd the 3XO, did you find the front seats to have too much of side bolstering?

I found the seats to be intruding into my back, the bolstering was 'so hard' that it was constantly diverting my attention. After a drive of around 15 kms, I wasn't too comfortable with the TD.

I never expected the 3XO's front seats to be so narrow and uncomfortable! I am of regular physical build and stand 6 feet tall.

The model I test drove was a AX5 P MT with fabric seats.

Can BHPians confirm their experience, or it is just me?
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:31   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
A quick question to the folks who have TD'd the 3XO, did you find the front seats to have too much of side bolstering?

Can BHPians confirm their experience, or it is just me?
I did not feel so, but I am 5'7 and relatively medium build (pant waist 34). I'll be going for a TD again, I'll check this once more.
Old 22nd May 2024, 17:20   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
How is the engine performance of the TCMPFI petrol + Torque convertor combination ? Did you observe excessive lag ?

I am also looking for this answer.

Has anyone got TD of TC MPFI Automatic. Please share your inputs.

I enquired at two dealership in Pune but no one has this combo.

All test drive vehicles are yet to be assigned and dealership is completely clueless in this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks