Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2024, 15:05   #196

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Attaching updated accessories list
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV3XO Accessories Catalogue V1.3.pdf (3.24 MB, 231 views)
ksavai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 15:45   #197
BANNED

Took a TD of AX5L petrol TC . Wanted to try the other turbo(AX5 TCMPFi); but not available in Kerala yet ? ( Or the particular dealer)
Looked good; ample power. But didn't do much testing of this as this is not my variant of choice.
Also felt strong and heavy doors ( been driving Maruti for a while). Opening and closing will be like a decent gym workout.
Also SA mentioned that if book and then cancel they will deduct 10% of booking amount . He believe Mahindra will change this after sometime.
Mrjomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 16:07   #198
BHPian

Today, we received an email from Mahindra congratulating us on our booking of the 3XO. The email included a PDF file with all the details of the car we booked. However, it also contained the names and details of the sales consultant and sales manager.

We are now unsure if this document pertains to the booking we made online on the 15th or if the sales consultant has booked another vehicle for us. The consultant already had our details since we were in touch with them from the day the car was unveiled, but we decided to go the online booking route to ensure everything was recorded and to book as soon as the booking started.

The email received today includes a Booking No, while the email we received on the 15th, right after making the online booking, had no PDF attachment and mentioned our variant and colour details along with an "Online Booking Ref ID." Therefore, we are unable to verify if both emails pertain to the same booking.

Has anyone else who booked their 3XO online received a similar email?
Old 19th May 2024, 18:00   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjomi View Post
Took a TD of AX5L petrol TC . Wanted to try the other turbo(AX5 TCMPFi)
How was the turbo lag and transmission tuning?

AX5L/7L is not available anywhere here in Bangalore for TD atleast. Dealerships say they haven't been available by Mahindra itself.
Old 19th May 2024, 18:09   #200
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
How was the turbo lag and transmission tuning?
Didn't feel much lag. Rather I should say I did not test it enough. Just a short 4 kilometres on a busy road.
I am keen to try a AX5 TC Petrol and then decide between it and Sonet HTX DCT.
Cars visibility looked good. Thigh support of rear seat not that great , otherwise a spacious little car.
Old 20th May 2024, 01:12   #201
BHPian

Tried the AX5 Petrol AT 1.2 MPFI engine.

Unfortunately I went on Saturday and there was a lot of traffic (Andheri dealer) so I could not test it completely.

There were folks from the Mahindra Headquarters and we chatted a bit, they also accompanied us on our test drive to take reviews of the car from us.

I'm no expert, just a casual driver but my impressions of the drive and engine.

Due to traffic, I didn't get chance to rev up the engine but the Turbo lag was immediately noticeable. Pedalling down does not make the car move instantly like in an NA engine, but the jerk is not quite exponentially non-linear, I think it was acceptable.

The handling and steering was amazing, so was the ride quality on the front. Bumps weren't felt in the engine, and there was not a lot of engine noise/rattling either.

On the rear seats while car is idling / halt, the engine vibration could really be felt (shaking me) and made me a bit uncomfortable, for some reason this was not felt while the car was in motion.

Overall I quite liked the car but I do want to take it for a longer test drive for which they've asked me to come on a weekday morning.

None of the TGDI engines are available for a test drive (not sure why?), I'll wait to test drive the GDI before making a booking (confused between AX5 / AX7).

Does any one have an idea of the difference between 1.2 TGDI and VAG's TSI engines? As I am looking at the Slavia 1.0 TSI as well! My main usage is in Mumbai city, but do appreciate a good engine when I go for a trip!
mizu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 12:25   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
Does any one have an idea of the difference between 1.2 TGDI and VAG's TSI engines? As I am looking at the Slavia 1.0 TSI as well! My main usage is in Mumbai city, but do appreciate a good engine when I go for a trip!
The 1.0 TSI is a super wild motor (almost nothing better than it in the mass market segment across the globe). Only if its AC was a match with others. It is superior in the way it revvs; accelerates by a large margin. Mahindras 1.2 turbos are tuned to not hamper FEs considering it weighs almost as much as all full 4.3 segment cars.

Mahindra 1.2 turbos (non TGDI) manuals get beaten by the likes of Baleno, Swift, C3 at one end and Nexon, Kushaq 1.0 at the other end.
dipen is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 15:19   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Thanks for the clarification, I confused myself with Hill Hold and was wondering how a 3 second delay would give any relief.

Yeah, auto hold seems useful in your use case scenario.
Batish, there's also the aspect of Parking Pawl wear and tear of the AT transmission box.
> Auto hold prevents that in a big way. The single biggest usability in our high braking environments here at home is toggling between the handbrake and not. It'll also help in bumper to bumper engine start-stop scenarios.

Also, when moving off an incline, think of it as an inifinite (if my imagination permits) hill hold that relieves your parking pawl of stress.

Lastly, it's space efficient and really frees us up from the pain of having to pull a tradtional hand-brake to the max for things like parking on inclines. Often, with the thar, I yank the parking break either lackingly (since I have a left shoulder injury nowadays) or too far up. When it's the latter, then the wife cannot undo it without using two arms and complaining in tow.
---------------------------
P.S. - any word on the JBL acoustic upgrade? I'll be tickled to know if the stock amplifier + woofer combo can be retrofitted.
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-screenshot-20240520-152106.png

Last edited by wooka : 20th May 2024 at 15:22.
wooka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 15:23   #204
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Folks,

This is my first ever post here! Excited to be part of this community.

On Sunday (19 May 2024) afternoon was casually browsing the mail box and to my surprise received an email from M&M regarding Booking Docket. This Booking docket contains the following information-

1. Car image on first page with title customer booking docket.
2. Welcome letter from dealer where i have booked the car online.
3. Booking commitment form which contains details about Booking no, date, Customer details, Order details like variant and color, Finance details and pricing details. Pricing details are ex-showroom only. RTO registration and insurance fields are there but those are left blank (Don't know why is so, dealer however already has these details in pricing docket).
4. Four page terms and condition, mostly highlighting prices are applicable at the time of delivery!. Almost it is certain now that during festive period (6 months from now, Probably Diwali) based on demand M & M will increase the prices of base variants.
5. Vehicle registration Advisory.
6. Documents required for registration.
7. Documents required for financed vehicles.
8. Reach out page, to my surprise this page fields are blank for me.

My booking was done within first few seconds at 10:00 Am on 15 May and till now dealership has called 10 times to confirm that did I booked it online? and asked me few documents.

Whenever I ask them about tentative delivery "We don't know yet" is standard reply. Here I guess Mahindra is playing safe by directly allotting vehicles from their end to customers and ask dealers to facilitate the registration and delivery (Same as that of XUV 700 and Scorpio N).

I will post details here as and when there is development. By the way variant I booked is MX2 Pro AT.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-email-mahindra.jpg  

BeastLoading is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 17:18   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLoading View Post
Here I guess Mahindra is playing safe by directly allotting vehicles from their end to customers and ask dealers to facilitate the registration and delivery (Same as that of XUV 700 and Scorpio N).
Good luck. I too should have booked early. But thought will do only after test drive. Because Mahindra charges 10% on cancellation
Old 20th May 2024, 19:20   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepster88 View Post
Only 2 differences that will matter here, cramped up footwell and milage. My usual run is 13-15k/year, so I was thinking if I like Diesel Manual, then I will buy that for better milage, but the footwell issue is putting me off. Please suggest your opinions.
I went to another dealership and got Diesel AMT and Petrol TGDi AT. AT is transmission is smooth, but AMT is surprisingly less jerky than usual. AMT feels jerky if you rev hard, otherwise it is much more smoother, and a lot smoother than the Nexon Diesel AMT. Now with cramped up footwell in Manual and very low milage in Petrol, I am thinking of buying AMT, also Diesel AMT is cheaper than TGDi AX5 L AT which I am told will have better milage than TCMPFi.

Am I going to regret AMT ? Also, how is Mahindra AMT reliability in general ?
Old 20th May 2024, 19:36   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Despite 10 PS power and 30 NM torque advantage of XUV the 0-100 performance is very disappointing. Attaching pics of 0-100 of Sonet and XUV. Sonet is almost 2 secs quicker.

Like I said earlier, the DCT of Sonet might put down the power better than AISIN AT of XUV. If anyone wanted confirmation of how a DCT is quicker than AT, here it is.

Would be interesting to see the roll on figures for both.
Doesn't make a difference as 3 star vs 5 star crash rating just turns the table in XUV favour.
sagsaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 19:40   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
In my current understanding, that's incorrect. I test drove AX5 automatic which had hill descent control option button on right side below the steering. Whereas MX3 did not have this button. That leads me to believe MX2 pro will not have it either.

However, I have not seen MX2 PRO AT in flesh anywhere (offline/Youtube) so can't say with 100% accuracy.
I had reached out to the Customer Care and have received a written confirmation over e-mail that Hill Hold Assist and Hill Descent control is available in the MX2 PRO AT. As per the further telephonic conversation, they suggested that it is part of the ESP suite which is standard across all variants.

I just can't understand why wouldn't they advertise this with all hue and cry. As far as I know, there's no other AT in the 10L price bracket which has a Hill Descent control.

But yeah, while I have booked it, even I haven't seen an MX variant in flesh, while the AX5 variant I test drove had the button below the steering.
Craveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 01:25   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craveller View Post
I had reached out to the Customer Care and have received a written confirmation over e-mail that Hill Hold Assist and Hill Descent control is available in the MX2 PRO AT. As per the further telephonic conversation, they suggested that it is part of the ESP suite which is standard across all variants.

I just can't understand why wouldn't they advertise this with all hue and cry. As far as I know, there's no other AT in the 10L price bracket which has a Hill Descent control.

But yeah, while I have booked it, even I haven't seen an MX variant in flesh, while the AX5 variant I test drove had the button below the steering.
My friend booked the MX2 Pro AT and the Mahindra NBS showroom (company owned dealers) were really pushing him to get the AX5.

The sales person was saying things like "MX2 PRO variant is for rural use only" or "MX2 PRO production has not been started yet and it will be delayed by 3 months" until other variants are delivered first.

BTW for those who have booked, will y'all be getting insurance from outside or from the dealer itself? Is there any possibility of negotiating on the insurance?
mizu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 09:41   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
My friend booked the MX2 Pro AT and the Mahindra NBS showroom (company owned dealers) were really pushing him to get the AX5.

The sales person was saying things like "MX2 PRO variant is for rural use only" or "MX2 PRO production has not been started yet and it will be delayed by 3 months" until other variants are delivered first.

BTW for those who have booked, will y'all be getting insurance from outside or from the dealer itself? Is there any possibility of negotiating on the insurance?
I booked from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. They were quoting 56k while Acko had suggested 24k for exactly same covers and IDV. Dealer had suggested that they can bring premium to the similar value -26k, on showing the Acko quotation.
Craveller is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed