Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2024, 10:32   #166
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Many reviews complain about the initial turbo lag. I took a test drive, but it was mostly on an empty road, so I didn't feel it. How manageable it would be in Bangalore's traffic?
Old 17th May 2024, 10:43   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
I am also confused between AX5L and AX7L. Is AX7L worth it? Considering we can get mid variants of Germans, at that cost
Honestly, no - the AX7L is not worth it.

But you will get the AX7L faster than the AX5L as per the dealer, and we are in a hurry.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 11:32   #168

Quote:
I am also confused between AX5L and AX7L. Is AX7L worth it? Considering we can get mid variants of Germans, at that cost
I am confused between AX5L and AX7. both with difference.
AX5L - all features minus leatherette seats and soft feel, music system, panoramic sunroof, white interior
AX7 - Luxury - minus adas, 360 camera, electronic parking break

Mostly going with AX7
reason
1. I don't think adas is well calibrated from reviews and in city it wont be useful. if I will switch it off all the time dont think wasting money over that
2. 360 camera - I will trust my eyes and mirror only for views so I dont think there is much use
3. Electronic brakes - not finding that useful

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th May 2024 at 11:34.
ksavai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 12:08   #169
BANNED

Having driven the XUV 300 extensively, here are my two cents that might help the new buyers-
1 - If you don't clean your car every week, do not go for the leatherette seats. They are a major pain in the wrong place. They are dirt magnets and cleaning isn't easy.
2 - Be prepared for the niggles in the infotainment system. This is common in all new Mahindra vehicles and I can see the same in the 3XO as well, especially in the higher variants.
3 - Low fuel efficiency in the turbo petrol variants. While it is a lovely engine to drive, it is not fuel-efficient, especially in the city. Expect no more than 10-11kmpl even with a light foot.
4 - If you can afford it, go for the AT variant (not AMT). The clutch in the MT is springy and not that light either (personal preference).
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 12:33   #170
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV 3XO customer deliveries to begin on May 26

Mahindra recently opened its order books for the XUV 3XO. The carmaker has now announced that customer deliveries will begin on May 26.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-2024_mahindra_xuv3xo_exterior_05.jpg

The Mahindra XUV 3XO is available in five variants, with prices starting at Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom). The carmaker has received over 50,000 bookings for the new model and has already produced around 10,000 units.

The XUV 3XO is the replacement for the XUV 300. It features a completely new exterior design and comes with first-in-segment features like a panoramic sunroof and Level 2 ADAS.

Inside, the XUV 3XO gets a 10.25-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system and a digital instrument cluster, a new 3-spoke steering wheel along with features such as dual-zone automatic climate control with rear AC vents, wireless charger, ambient lighting, ventilated front seats and a 360-degree camera.

The Mahindra XUV 3XO is available with three engine options. These include a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 109 BHP and 200 Nm, the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol ‘mStallion’ that makes 129 BHP and 230 Nm and a 1.5-litre turbo-diesel that puts out 115 BHP and 300 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and a 6-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by TusharK : 17th May 2024 at 12:35.
Old 17th May 2024, 12:59   #171
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

A more mature review by a knowledgeable gentleman (comapred to the other overnight novice youtubers crap reviews):

Here from 15:30 he does mention how the turbo lag in the TGDi AT actually can be irritating and takes away from the driving pelasure:

I really hope Mahindra iron out this issue in the TGDi / TCMPfi ATs before it begins the deliveries. Otherwise, what is the use of having for all that power and torque when its not mated correctly to the gearbox ?

Quote:
Many reviews complain about the initial turbo lag. I took a test drive, but it was mostly on an empty road, so I didn't feel it. How manageable it would be in Bangalore's traffic?

Which gearbox/engine combo ?

Last edited by DCEite : 17th May 2024 at 13:12.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 13:49   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai View Post
3. Electronic brakes - not finding that useful
If you've never owned an automatic, this can be true. In my case, I will never buy an automatic car without auto-hold.
reppy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 15:20   #173
BHPian

Our dealership updated us today, informing us that billings are currently happening only for mid versions. As for the AX7 and AX7L models, they are not sure when billing will start. This is in Vizag.
Old 17th May 2024, 15:58   #174
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohail_91 View Post
Our dealership updated us today, informing us that billings are currently happening only for mid versions. As for the AX7 and AX7L models, they are not sure when billing will start. This is in Vizag.
Could it be that Mahindra is actually buying time to iron out the issues related to the TDGI+AT combination (which is seen in AX7 series and also AX5 L) and also the ADAS tuning issues which various reviews have highlighted ? Actually, I hope so ! Don't give to customer half baked product, take your time, but please make the TGDI+AT more driveable in city and fix the ADAS tuning, Mahindra !
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 16:02   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
If you've never owned an automatic, this can be true. In my case, I will never buy an automatic car without auto-hold.
I have been driving an automatic since a while but haven't ever felt the need for auto hold. Could you share the real use case of this feature? AFAIK, in an auto gears are usually changed at standstill i.e while pressing the brake pedal. So how is this feature really relevant to automatics?

Sorry for my noob knowledge regarding this aspect.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 16:07   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
I have been driving an automatic since a while but haven't ever felt the need for auto hold. Could you share the real use case of this feature? AFAIK, in an auto gears are usually changed at standstill i.e while pressing the brake pedal. So how is this feature really relevant to automatics?

Sorry for my noob knowledge regarding this aspect.
In stop start traffic, there is no need to modulate the gearbox to neutral if the auto-hold feature holds the brakes for a temporary time, giving relief to the foot. Its a personal preference really.
reppy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 16:15   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Could it be that Mahindra is actually buying time to iron out the issues related to the TDGI+AT combination (which is seen in AX7 series and also AX5 L) and also the ADAS tuning issues which various reviews have highlighted ? Actually, I hope so ! Don't give to customer half baked product, take your time, but please make the TGDI+AT more driveable in city and fix the ADAS tuning, Mahindra !
I completely agree with your point. Nearly all reviewers have highlighted these issues, and I sincerely hope that Mahindra addresses them before delivering these variants to customers. Both Mahindra and Tata are already known for their teething problems, especially with the initial batches of newly launched cars.

I'm also puzzled as to why Mahindra hasn't provided any Diesel AT for test drives. They didn't even offer it for media drives, as far as I know; there doesn't seem to be a single review of the 3XO Diesel AT anywhere. We've booked the AX7 Diesel AT, and it appears that our first experience with the engine will only be in our new car.

Furthermore, since Mahindra hasn't made any changes to the Diesel AT from the previous XUV 300 (please correct me if I'm mistaken), I requested the dealership to at least let us test drive the XUV 300 Diesel AT. However, they promptly refused, stating that Mahindra has strictly instructed not to provide any test drives of the existing XUV 300.

Last edited by Sohail_91 : 17th May 2024 at 16:39.
Old 17th May 2024, 16:57   #178
BHPian

Quote:
In stop start traffic, there is no need to modulate the gearbox to neutral if the auto-hold feature holds the brakes for a temporary time, giving relief to the foot. Its a personal preference really.
Thanks for the clarification, I confused myself with Hill Hold and was wondering how a 3 second delay would give any relief.

Yeah, auto hold seems useful in your use case scenario.
Old 17th May 2024, 16:57   #179

Quote:
I'm using CVT since last 6-7 years but don't have habit to putting it to neutral. (Don't know if I should?) Also never had auto hold feature so not have habit to use it that's why not in my preference.

if someone is used to this I am sure that habit don't go away easily.
Old 17th May 2024, 17:13   #180

Dear All,

Can you someone please confirm that the mStallion TGDI Turbo Petrol was already there is XUV300 or is it a new engine with 3XO being the first vehicle? Also are there any other in the market with this engine(of any make)?

I am curious to know if this a tried and tested engine or something new. Sorry for basic question. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks