Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2024, 07:24   #151
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
I have not received a text or an email with a booking reference number like how some of the folks who booked online here have. If any of you have gone the dealer route to book, can you please confirm if you received a reference number?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksavai View Post
Exactly same things, booked last week. He is mixing up everything. Today telling its registered with mahindra. Now just have to wait and watch and take his word for granted. He said we will come to know about delivery timeline after 10 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviGowda View Post
He is now quoting 7-9 months but other dealer is quoting just 3months.

I suggest you call the dealership and let them know that your booking details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Yeah. I got it booked through the dealer and immediately after booking he shared the screenshot of the confirmation which shows all the details like variant, color, personal details along with the booking reference id.

Not sure if we would be able to track the progress like how it was done for 700 but you should ask your salesperson for this id. It gets generated immediately after a successful booking.
In the same boat here! No confirmation from the dealership other than 'booking has been done sir' and that I would get an email stating the details and delivery date.

Now I'm worried - did I make it to the vaunted first 50000 list or not?!

My math is bad but if 10K units have been made for fast delivery, then we are looking at at least 5-6 months for the remaining 40K at 9000 units per month - and that's just for the first 50000 deliveries..wonder why Mahindra turns every booking of their cars into a version of The Hunger Games
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 11:21   #152
BHPian

50k bookings is a really good number. It’s really going to get Tata and Kia to be alert and be better. I do find it funny, we on the forum discuss something in certain anticipation but the market responds pretty much different to it
Many users found the 3XO design polarising but the bookings say something else. Similar for Creta.

The real gauge will be the monthly dispatches . Next 6-8 months trend will be the real picture how well recieved in real is the 3XO.
TheStoryweaver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 14:18   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
It’s really going to get Tata and Kia to be alert and be better.
Seems like TATA is already feeling the heat. Pano-roof & ADAS - L2 are in development for the Nexon. And it looks quite sizeable in comparison to the 3XO.

I don't think there's any better time to shop in the sub 4m segment.

Link
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 15:03   #154
BHPian

Considering average pricing of 10 lakh rupees per car; M&M has already garnered the business of 5000 Cr Rupees.

Same trend has been followed from XUV 700 to Scorpio N to 3XO.

Mr Anand Mahindra is a happy man yet another time.

Only thing is how they manage to deliver as an early as possible to reduce waiting time to the lowest.

Cheers
Old 16th May 2024, 15:31   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
Many users found the 3XO design polarising but the bookings say something else. Similar for Creta.
What I found fascinating was the profile of the people who had come to see the car. Mostly family units and older people (not that they can’t be petrolheads), and not the ‘enthusiast’ crowd you’d assume would come to see a car with this ‘look’. Like I have mentioned in my first impressions, it looked to me like a solid, dependable car. And the interiors were one segment above in look and feel. That, coupled with the prices, were a great draw for the public IMO.

I for one am glad - if the Mahindra PR is to be believed, that 50K bookings happened - that such a craze is for a car with a pedigree of a 5* safety rating and with 6 airbags as standard. Just goes to show if you give the public all this within a decent budget they will surely buy it. It’s not that people choose unsafe cars, that’s pretty much down to what choices most people have within a certain budget. For the sub-4m segment I think Mahindra has become that overused word: disruptor.

Now will be fascinating to see which variant got the most bookings & if the panoramic sunroof was a big draw or the AT under 10L
Evyas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 16:19   #156
BHPian

We booked our 3XO AX7 Diesel AT Online at 10 AM, and by 10:02 AM, we had received the Booking Confirmation Email containing all the relevant details, including the "Online Booking Ref ID."

Shortly thereafter, the dealership reached out requesting our Aadhaar and PAN Copies. While we had been in discussions with them since the car's unveiling, we chose the online route to ensure precise timing (we were ready with our laptop from 9:45 AM ) and maintain a definitive record of the booking process.

Keeping our fingers crossed for faster delivery as Mahindra typically prioritizes the delivery of higher variants.
Sohail_91 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 17:52   #157
BHPian

Just had a chat with one of my friend who had booked AX7L Petrol MT. He mentioned that he got a call from his dealership today and they mentioned that the deliveries of AX7 and above models will start from July onwards. They mentioned this is why those models are not present for display or test drives as the production is slated for later.
They further mentioned that they have been allotted 50 cars (all TCMPFi & Diesel variants) that are not mapped to any booking so basically they can sell those at their will. They were offering a delivery on May 26th if my friend wanted to downgrade to AX5 from his current AX7L booking.

No idea if they were trying to convert some quick sales or what but please take the reasoning provided by the dealer with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by UltraViolence : 16th May 2024 at 17:54.
Old 16th May 2024, 18:09   #158
BHPian

I was in Spiti and thankfully, between Kiato and Kibber, I caught 2 bars of Jio LTE at 9.58 AM. The car was booked at 10.00.50 AM.

Booked the AX5L TGDI AT @ 13.5L for delivery in Chandigarh. Taxes have gone up but they're still better than NOIDA

The reasons why I went for an AX5L TGDI AT over the AX5 PM (whatever they call it) are as below. I've also listed $ figures for what I think of each feature.

1. A more potent engine that I hope the AT can handle the lag thereof. I tried the XUV300 Turbo Sport MT and it was terribly laggy at the low end. ~50K
2. ADAS Level 2. ~75K
3. Auto dimming IRVM ~10K
4. 360 Camera with blind view monitor on the dashboard. ~25K
5. EPB with auto hold. ~30K (may be priceless)
6. Cooled glove box. ~3K (somewhat helpful in the summers for Dehradun runs)

So I see MUST have features (1 through 5) totalling 1.9L being given for 1.3L which makes it covered by warranty as well. I'm sold.
wooka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 22:11   #159
BHPian

AX5L does not have any sub woofers. Will I be able to upgrade it later? Any idea how much does it cost
Old 16th May 2024, 22:12   #160
BANNED

Quote:
The reasons why I went for an AX5L TGDI AT over the AX5 PM (whatever they call it) are as below. I've also listed $ figures for what I think of each feature.
Reason #4(360 degree) and #5(EPB) stands out for me . Wish there was an AX5 SL (Semi Luxury)
Mrjomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 23:30   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjomi View Post
Reason #4(360 degree) and #5(EPB) stands out for me . Wish there was an AX5 SL (Semi Luxury)
You're very close!
If the ScorpioN is anything to go by, how about an AX5LS (select!) EPB and 360 without the ADAS 🤔
Anyway, this is a speculative post that should probably be ignored. What I really want to know is how much has been changed to make it E20 compliant and whatever Gadkari has in store for us. I just flipped the Sunny today so now there's room in the parking lot for the 3XO.
Old 17th May 2024, 00:08   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal_beat16 View Post
AX5L does not have any sub woofers. Will I be able to upgrade it later? Any idea how much does it cost
Will probably void the warranty which is a MUST HAVE on a new Mahindra. You may ask your SA if they can fit it as an accessory if you really want it but not sure whether they do that.
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 08:33   #163
BHPian

Booked Dune Beige DT AX7L TGDi AT! Can't wait!

The accessory list is also top-notch and has some tastefully done options worth considering - already eyeing the rain visors, the side bumper claddings, the sports pedals + scuff plates.

Anyone who's booked AX5 with the 16" alloys and looking to upgrade to the 17s please DM. Location: NCR
Old 17th May 2024, 09:58   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Booked Dune Beige DT AX7L TGDi AT! Can't wait!

The accessory list is also top-notch and has some tastefully done options worth considering - already eyeing the rain visors, the side bumper claddings, the sports pedals + scuff plates.

Anyone who's booked AX5 with the 16" alloys and looking to upgrade to the 17s please DM. Location: NCR
I am also confused between AX5L and AX7L. Is AX7L worth it? Considering we can get mid variants of Germans, at that cost
Old 17th May 2024, 10:10   #165
BHPian

How are the AX5L trim’s stock speakers?

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th May 2024 at 10:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks