Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2024, 16:28   #136
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I could not find any details around cancellation of booking. Is the amount fully refundable?
Sireesh Auto (Bangalore) says 0 cancellation charges. However, website says 10% of booking charges will be deducted.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-20240515_162805.jpg  

lightfootdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 17:32   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babukvishnu View Post
The sales advisor informed my friend that the automatic variant comes with hill descent control feature and hill hold assist feature as standard ??
In my current understanding, that's incorrect. I test drove AX5 automatic which had hill descent control option button on right side below the steering. Whereas MX3 did not have this button. That leads me to believe MX2 pro will not have it either.

However, I have not seen MX2 PRO AT in flesh anywhere (offline/youtube) so can't say with 100% accuracy.
Old 15th May 2024, 18:02   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
I test drove AX5 automatic which had hill descent control option button on right side below the steering.
Out of curiousity, how does the AX5 automatic perform, considering it comes with the 1.2 MPFi with lower tune of 110 BHP ? How is the city driveability ?
Old 15th May 2024, 18:12   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Out of curiousity, how does the AX5 automatic perform, considering it comes with the 1.2 MPFi with lower tune of 110 BHP ? How is the city driveability ?
I liked it. I have limited knowledge about car engines, but could feel the turbo lag was minimal compared to Seltos DCT I drove few months back.
Seltos DCT turbo was my first long experience with city drive turbo lag, so I remember it vividly. I'm still waiting to TD AX5L to finalise the variant I want to get.

Also, the view from driver position felt really good except some blind view issue around co-passenger front pillar (pillar A?). It is close next to the view Elevate offers where I could cleary see end of bonnet.

Hope this helps.
lightfootdriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 18:14   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

According to press release from M&M - 3XO registers over 50000 bookings within 60 minutes.

mahindra-xuv-3xo-registers-over-50000-bookings-within-60-minutes

10,000 Units are already produced for fast delivery is what it says.
Old 15th May 2024, 18:19   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I liked it. I have limited knowledge about car engines, but could feel the turbo lag was minimal compared to Seltos DCT I drove few months back.
Thanks.

Although I have not test driven it, my general understanding based on various reviews available online is that the TCMPFi has better low end drivability and lesser lag compared to the TGDi.

From that perspective, AX5 AT seems to be a good variant of choice as a city commuter specially compared to Nexon Creative DCA and Sonet HTX DCT, considering similar price point of 12.xx lacs ex showroom.
DCEite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 18:26   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

50k bookings in an hour, deliveries from May 26.

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-20240515_182527.jpg

2024 Mahindra XUV 3XO Review-20240515_182301.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 15th May 2024 at 18:27.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 20:13   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

Although I have not test driven it, my general understanding based on various reviews available online is that the TCMPFi has better low end drivability and lesser lag compared to the TGDi.
My advice would be to drive it once and see for yourself, don't trust these reviews. Almost everyone who got the car during the press release has been Very Positive about this car. But according to me, something is wrong with the tuning of these TGDI 3XOs'. It has all the hardware needed for a fun to drive car but somehow it doesn't translate into the real world. I would appreciate it if anyone here could post their drive reviews for the TGDI Automatic variant.
Old 15th May 2024, 20:14   #144
Senior - BHPian

Booked AX5 TCMPFi Petrol AT

Points for consideration:

1. AX5 Comes with most of the basic features and I am not a big fan of panaromic sunroofs in small cars so a normal sunroof is better suited for me.

2. The TCMPFi engine as I see in various reviews, is a capable unit in itself and seeing reviews of the TGDi having pronouned turbo lag at the bottom end, and considering that my usage is primarily city driving, TCMPFi should be more than sufficient for me (and hopefully have lesser turbo lag than the TGDi).

3. The AX5 series rides on 16 inch tyres. Personally, I know from experience what a bigger low profile tyre does to the ride quality. Case in point : my Tigor rides on 15 inch alloys whereas if I drive a Tiago/Tigor with 14 inch wheels, I can immediately feel that smaller tyres aide in even better ride quality. For me, ride quality has to be very good, and I think nothing comes close to the XUV 3XO riding on 16 inch wheels in the compact SUV segment.

4. I am an audiophile, so I had initially AX7 series in my mind as it has the "Harman Kardon" premium branded speakers. But realistically speaking, the sound quality is just about Ok, and no way near the JBL branded audio system on the Nexon. So, purely from music system point of view, it is not a prudent decision to go for AX7.

5. Did not go for the AX5 L as it has a) TGDi engine and b) ADAS which I am not a big fan of.

The only thing that is realistically missing in the AX5 is the seat covers, which I plan to get from the dealership itself during delivery.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th May 2024 at 21:41.
DCEite is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 21:36   #145
BHPian

The dealers have been collecting the booking amount offline for the past two weeks. I paid last week and filled out a booking form at PPS Mahindra (Kanakapura Rd, Bangalore) for a Petrol AX5L. The sales guy has been pretty inefficient so far with getting the variant, colour, and transmission options mixed up. I had to call him multiple times to ensure he had the correct info down. I texted him today and he just replied that my 'booking is logged successfully'. I have not received a text or an email with a booking reference number like how some of the folks who booked online here have. If any of you have gone the dealer route to book, can you please confirm if you received a reference number?
Stormbringer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 21:54   #146

Quote:
Sireesh Auto (Bangalore) says 0 cancellation charges. However, website says 10% of booking charges will be deducted.
Here in Coimbatore, both in CAI & Ramani, they mentioned that there is 10% cancellation charge applicable.

I booked MX3 variant. VFM changes for each. I felt this suits my needs better. Anyway I will miss Read wiper, Defogger & TPMS where I have to carry the unwanted language of sunroof.

From dealer side they say they have done booking, But I have not received any notification so far. Is it same for all?

One more question, where do I find the details of those 35 standard safety features?
Old 15th May 2024, 22:06   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Booked AX5 TCMPFi Petrol AT
All the best. I have also shortlisted this variant as an option along with Sonet DCT HTX or Brezza LXi.

Sonet is proven, Brezza is a safe buy (not the safety)
Also I have a feeling Brezza NA is best suited for our hilly and windy terrain. But the wanna be enthusiast and risk taker is keen on 3XO as well.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th May 2024 at 22:19. Reason: Fixed the broken quote tags
Mrjomi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 23:08   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
I have not received a text or an email with a booking reference number like how some of the folks who booked online here have. If any of you have gone the dealer route to book, can you please confirm if you received a reference number?
Exactly same things, booked last week. He is mixing up everything. Today telling its registered with mahindra. Now just have to wait and watch and take his word for granted. He said we will come to know about delivery timeline after 10 days
ksavai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 23:25   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Booked MX1 Petrol online exactly at 10! Didn’t check with dealer yet. Has anyone got confirmation from dealer after online booking?
Even, I booked MX1 exactly at 10. I only called up SA, I was in touch with and he collected my Aadhar and Pan to process further at their end. However, he was not happy with the online booking and said I could have helped with early delivery if you had done it offline. He is now quoting 7-9 months but other dealer is quoting just 3months.

I suggest you call the dealership and let them know that your booking details.

Last edited by RaviGowda : 15th May 2024 at 23:26.
Old 16th May 2024, 01:17   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
If any of you have gone the dealer route to book, can you please confirm if you received a reference number?
Yeah. I got it booked through the dealer and immediately after booking he shared the screenshot of the confirmation which shows all the details like variant, color, personal details along with the booking reference id.

Not sure if we would be able to track the progress like how it was done for 700 but you should ask your salesperson for this id. It gets generated immediately after a successful booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks