Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2024, 08:14   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review

Congrats on your new ride. Nice black garage you got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
1. Headlights are pathetic. Need to find an upgrade or say goodbye to night drives.

5. The boot is not that great for a vehicle of this size and there are no luggage tie-down hooks. Have to play Tetris for airport trips.
These 3 (previous) and 4 (current) pod LEDs are pathetic. I see this in the Alcazar. It just scatters everywhere with poor visibility. There's nothing much to do here but try if you switch this to projectors (base model) coupled with HIDs. I know few guys who did this on the previous gen Creta and are pretty happy with the output.

Guess they silently removed this like the 5th alloy wheel. I have this on mine (First gen Creta).

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-a1.jpeg

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-a2.jpeg
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 09:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeku View Post
Congratulations on acquiring this new machine! The black garage looks complete now

ii) Moving the gear lever to manual mode with a small dab to the right when the gear lever is in D - in this case the vehicle will stick to the manual mode. One has to upshift with a dab upwards and downshift with a downwards dab with the gear lever in that position.
Thank you. But have parted ways with the Verna already. Need to get another sedan sometime in the future.

Moving the gear lever to the right is taking the car into sports mode. Here the gear selected by the paddle is held for a longer time but I felt the car takes over after sometime. Need to play around a bit.
Old 17th May 2024, 13:55   #78
BHPian

Quote:
My unexpected purchase story of the Creta NLine and why I chose the Hyundai over the VAG twins ... again..
Congrats on your purchase, the car looks fab in black!

I saw the Creta N Line briefly when I went fory annual service. Compared to the regular Creta, there were some things that I absolutely loved.

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-img_20240516_161241.jpg

First, the glorious N Line steering wheel. I don't like the FL Creta wheel all that much, as it appears confused and rather too weird. This one looks sweet, along with the N badge at the bottom. Even the button placement on the arms looks beautiful.

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-img_20240516_161239.jpg

Next, those billeted aluminum pedals. Damn now that's good looking!

2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review-img_20240516_161145.jpg

Finally, the black theme inside instead of the depressing grey. Even the headliner is in black!

Isn't the power output the same as the regular Creta, though?
SithDefender is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th May 2024, 18:59   #79
BHPian

Congratulations on the car. Black is just a stunner.

I am also going ahead with Creta (just worried about the DCT). Since I still have some time, I am waiting for the crash test if Hyundai goes for it.

Quote:
1. Headlights are pathetic. Need to find an upgrade or say goodbye to night drives.
Any idea how the headlamps compare to the older Creta?
Old 17th May 2024, 23:00   #80
BHPian

Quote:
4. There doesn't seem to be a true manual mode or I haven't found it. One can override the current gear using paddles but the car goes back to the previous drive mode after a short period.
You can put the gearstick into the Sport 'S' mode, and from thereon, control the shifts using the paddle shifters - the moment you will either upshift or downshift, the gearbox will get into the quasi manual mode and will remain there unlike the manual intervention in the Drive 'D' mode which reverts back to the DCT taking over the shifts after a few mins. In the Sport mode, the DCT holds on to the gears and revs to the extent allowed by the ECU for a particular gear. The steering and paddle shifters on the N Lines (i20 to Venue to Creta) are nice to operate, and once you get used to the Sport + Manual mode, would want to use it often, especially in city traffic driving as you will feel better controls over the gears.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 14:55   #81

Quote:

Also, made a surprise discovery while trying to install 3d mats that the N-Line doesn't share the floor pan with the regular Creta. No idea why the floor design needs to change. I went to the 3d mats importer directly and he scanned my car to manufacture new mats for the NLine.
Could you let me know the 3D mats dealer details? I've been looking for Ford Fiesta 3D mats for a while, but I haven't found any yet.
Old 21st May 2024, 16:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins View Post
Could you let me know the 3D mats dealer details? I've been looking for Ford Fiesta 3D mats for a while, but I haven't found any yet.
This is the official site https://3dmatsindia.com/
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 09:54   #83

Quote:
Same for the adaptive cruise control. It brakes hard when some vehicle in the front moves into your lane.
You can change thing config from the vehicle settings somewhere. Same for acceleration in cruise control. I was able to in my Seltos X-Line, I believe it should be similar for you.

Freaked me out the first time it accelerated after I changed lane to go around the car in front of me while in cruise control.
dushyantbangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 10:22   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
You can put the gearstick into the Sport 'S' mode, and from thereon, control the shifts using the paddle shifters - the moment you will either upshift or downshift, the gearbox will get into the quasi manual mode and will remain there unlike the manual intervention in the Drive 'D' mode which reverts back to the DCT taking over the shifts after a few mins. In the Sport mode, the DCT holds on to the gears and revs to the extent allowed by the ECU for a particular gear. The steering and paddle shifters on the N Lines (i20 to Venue to Creta) are nice to operate, and once you get used to the Sport + Manual mode, would want to use it often, especially in city traffic driving as you will feel better controls over the gears.
What are the negatives in doing this (Sport + Manual), if at all?? like sports mode will affect mileage etc.

Quote:
My unexpected purchase story of the Creta NLine and why I chose the Hyundai over the VAG twins ... again.
Congratulations! I have as well bought this black beast - N10 DCT few days back - my experience is similar to yours and currently satisfied with the performance but yes the headlight's performance is not as per the expectations - otherwise overall it is a fun to drive car IMO.

Loved the overall black & red use - definitely a head turner.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2024 at 10:48. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
Sam_carenthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:58   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_carenthu View Post
What are the negatives in doing this (Sport + Manual), if at all?? like sports mode will affect mileage etc.
The only real negative I have observed is the material impact on the mileage. In the Sport mode, the ECU holds the revs on or above 2,000 rpm, and the slightest of inputs to the accelerator pedal lunges the car forward.

I have read concerns from folks about the longevity of the DCT gearbox due to prolonged usage of Sport mode, but for me, it is hearsay.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 18:54   #86

All Creta N Line owners - Do you, as well, see Alcazar on intro page in your Bluelink application :P not sure why I see Alcazar photo and their is no option to change as well.
Old 23rd May 2024, 17:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Apart from my concerns about the dismal safety ratings of most Hyundais and almost all Kias - which is why I wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole - I have to ask: what do people expect from an N Line?

The Creta N Line isn’t a performance-oriented N variant and isn’t meant to be. It still has a good engine. This N Line will surely boost sales for Hyundai, and I think it looks great inside and out (especially in the Titan something and Nardo Grey knockoff paint schemes). Is it better than those Karol Bagh conversion kits? Definitely.
Old 23rd May 2024, 18:45   #88

I think Tech features, sportier looks and CRETA legacy is all that makes N Line stand out from peers, they have definitely improved on the build quality (expecting better safety ratings).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks