Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2024, 13:54   #46
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta N-Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
I would disagree. Seltos was a 5 star car in all international markets apart from India. KIA/Hyundai in their infinite wisdom decided to reduce costs. But seeing how India has become a safety conscious market, they have made changes.
I wouldn't want to start another debate on how safe / un-safe the Korean cars are. But if Creta is doing ~ 15k sales a month knowing that it is 3-star , than I doubt Hyundai cares about it's safety ratings.

Quote:
If you look at the documentation, they address a few issues from the previous versions like increasing the strength of the bodyshell and better force direction.
You seem to be from the sales field , so I'm sure you know how these marketing things work.

Quote:
it is for sure more safer than the previous gen.
There's no 'proven' data for this my friend.

Quote:
For Hyundai and Kia, at least in India, a facelift is a generational change.
Ideally , this should come from the companies themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post
So, they themselves may not be confident enough about the new body structure for the FL versions.

But, I do agree to your point that if at all they get them crash tested and get a poor rating, it may backfire for them.
Precisely.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 14:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I wouldn't want to start another debate on how safe / un-safe the Korean cars are. But if Creta is doing ~ 15k sales a month knowing that it is 3-star , than I doubt Hyundai cares about it's safety ratings.
Since we are talking about Hyundai and Kia, and as I own both the brands, my recent purchase, which is a 24 Venue DCT, has much heavier doors and metal parts than the older one which I drove in 2020/21, and my current 22 Seltos IVT. At least, on the outer shell, they have made some changes, is what I can feel.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 17:23   #48
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Test drove the Creta N line and here are a few observations -

1. Ride comfort and suspension: Not as plush as the regular Creta and there is an underlying firmness in low speeds and undulations. But it's not uncomfortable or unsettling. High speed stability has become better though (we didnt drive too fast, but at 70 plus, the car didnt disappoint). We found it similar to the FL Seltos, however, the regular Creta remains the segment best when it comes to ride comfort in city driving conditions.

2. Steering: First thing first - the N steering wheel looks and feels superb. I had reservations initially, but you really have to experience it in person. Coming to functionality, it's heavier than the regular Creta, but thankfully not too heavy in normal mode. The sport mode makes it very heavy which will make things too cumbersome during parking and low speeds - this mode is best suited for highway/high speed runs. Overall, the steering is well calibrated and functions as expected.

3. Performance: Very similar to the FL Seltos. Still find it laggy in lower gears and can be a little jerky in city traffic when the gearbox is jumping between 1st and 2nd gear. There is a good punch in the mid-range which is enjoyable. Couldn't test the high-speed performance for now, but you can sense that the car has plenty of power to offer. Just wish the low-speed drivability was similar to the NA IVT, which is just butter smooth.

4. Exterior: One word - GORGEOUS in the shadow grey color! Just get rid of the red accents and you are sorted. Well, that's my opinion, some might not agree, just like most in our family who are fine with them. The car looks bigger than the regular Creta, thanks to the redesigned front grill and the added spoiler. The Seltos was always the best looking car in the segment, not anymore IMHO.

5. Interior: The all-black interior theme is not my type. It makes the cabin feel claustrophobic. Some perceive it as premium though, which is fine - personal choice. This is where the Seltos X line excels with its sage green interior which looks so much better than the Seltos GT line and the Creta N line. Interestingly though, the N line interior doesnt feel as cramped as the Seltos GT line. Most likely because of bigger windows and a better sense of cabin space in the Creta, which has always been the USP of it over the Seltos and it continues with the N line as well.

While I'm not entirely happy with the overall interior quality (that cheap center console and ancient looking HVAC) and with all black interior which does feel claustrophobic, we are overall happy with the car and seriously considering it over the regular Creta and the Seltos GT line. The other strong contender is the Seltos X line but dont really want headaches of maintaining the matte paint. I think I will happily get the X line if it comes with color options other than matte. Kia is missing a great trick by not offering more options in the X line, which is bewildering and frustrating.

In case it's going to be the Creta N line, it will have to be in the shadow grey paint work!
Col Mehta is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 13:40   #49
agh

Any thoughts on whether manual would be manageable in city traffic? Is the clutch too laborious for driving in bumper to bumper traffic?
Old 26th March 2024, 13:50   #50

Hi,

I own an Elantra 2017 model and I just cannot help commenting that, even today the new Creta N line still does not have some of the bells and whistles , albeit minor, this 7 year old cars has. For instance the sensor based opening of the boot, the lights on the vanity mirrors, illuminated window switches and the lumbar adjustments in the drivers seat. Strange the New Creta N line does not have these. Also more surprising is the fact that this car does not have a Dash cam ( whereas the lower N8 has !!). Another feature I was expecting the N line to have was the auto closing of the Boot. The final disappointment has been the remote! Come on in 8 years Hyundai has not been able to change the remote design of their new Cars...its quite unbelievable.
KOOTBOOT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 14:09   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
What if FL Creta scores a 3 or even worse 2 stars in the crash test? Would you still go ahead with your booking?
Along with Safety reliability is also super important which Mahindra and Tata lacks. Hyundai, Maruti, Toyota are all reliable. Even Kia Carens (3 star) had big accidents where all passengers were safe because of airbags. But many passengers were left stranded on the road by Tata and Mahindra cars.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th March 2024 at 14:12. Reason: Shortening quoted post :)
carenthu123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 14:48   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by agh View Post
Any thoughts on whether manual would be manageable in city traffic? Is the clutch too laborious for driving in bumper to bumper traffic?
If are going to be driving mostly in Bengaluru, then , definitely an automatic is a must. In a place like Delhi, you can still think of a manual one , especially if you are a driving enthusiast. But in Delhi too traffic is getting bad to worse in parts. But then, that's what the Paddle shift is there for ! When you are in the mood for some quick start and fast driving use the paddle shift otherwise chill with the automatic !
KOOTBOOT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 11:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post
As per report in Autocar, cost of testing a car under the Bharat NCAP program is around Rs 60 lakh, whereas a similar test would require around Rs 2.5 crore if done overseas. 60 lakh shouldn't be burning a hole in their pockets.

So, they themselves may not be confident enough about the new body structure for the FL versions.

But, I do agree to your point that if at all they get them crash tested and get a poor rating, it may backfire for them.

https://www.autocarindia.com/industr...one%20overseas.

So, if the following news in India Today comes to be true then Hyundai is probably sending Creta FL and Exter for BNCAP crash testing. Maruti Suzuki is also probably sending 4 cars for crash testing.

Although not jumping to any conclusion as of now specifically for Creta, but hoping to get good rating if the crash test happens!

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...43c5288e&ei=73
satya_ip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 12:19   #54

Hi Folks, I wonder if somebody can help. I am wanting to buy the Creta N line 10, ( from Delhi) but then before I buy, I want to see all the new colours in Realtime, not just photos. But the problem is none of the dealers are having any of the new colours. Especially the Matt finished version is just not there for display anywhere. Hyundai should have a place in Delhi where once can go and see in one spot all the colour offerings. Hope someone in Hyundai is listening !!
Old 28th March 2024, 18:01   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOTBOOT View Post
Hi Folks, I wonder if somebody can help. I am wanting to buy the Creta N line 10, ( from Delhi) but then before I buy, I want to see all the new colours in Realtime, not just photos. But the problem is none of the dealers are having any of the new colours. Especially the Matt finished version is just not there for display anywhere. Hyundai should have a place in Delhi where once can go and see in one spot all the colour offerings. Hope someone in Hyundai is listening !!
That is strange, Delhi kind of city would definitely have all the color - maybe spread across the dealers.

I could get hold of all except for matt in Pune, try reaching out to dealers across NCR. It all depends on which color the dealer thinks will sell the most, and book for display / ready stock.
Old 28th March 2024, 23:46   #56

Is Hyundai DCT's reliability concern (heating issue) still persisting? Any latest experiences from anyone?
Hattrick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 19:28   #57

Hi,

I went for a test drive and it was a joke. The drive was all of (less than) 2 kms through a crowded road. This is the penalty that one pays for staying in a crowded city like Delhi. The Shadow Grey was there and we liked it. So the choice is made and now the indefinite wait. They have condescended to let us know by this week when the delivery can be made!

Heck, another thing I noticed. Even the N line 10 does not have wireless Android connectivity AND no Dash cam either!

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st April 2024 at 20:59. Reason: Clean up edits.
KOOTBOOT is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd April 2024, 10:18   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOTBOOT View Post
Hi,

I went for a test drive and it was a joke. The drive was all of (less than) 2 kms through a crowded road. This is the penalty that one pays for staying in a crowded city like Delhi. The Shadow Grey was there and we liked it. So the choice is made and now the indefinite wait. They have condescended to let us know by this week when the delivery can be made!

Heck, another thing I noticed. Even the N line 10 does not have wireless Android connectivity AND no Dash cam either!
You should try looking for a dealer on highways specifically, if it is for TD. Congrats for making the choice. Black-N10 it is for me.

Dash cam is for N8, it is a kind of a substitute for ADAS, that's what was told to me.

Last edited by Sam_carenthu : 3rd April 2024 at 10:28.
Sam_carenthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta N-Line new TVC

Old 3rd April 2024, 15:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattrick View Post
Is Hyundai DCT's reliability concern (heating issue) still persisting? Any latest experiences from anyone?
Can someone please reply to this post? I am also having this dilemma in my mind.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th April 2024 at 18:05. Reason: SMS lingo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks