Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2024, 06:38   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Hello,

Anyone got insurance pricing? Dealer is asking for 90k for SX(O) IVT Petrol which is ridiculous.

What are other places to buy insurance outside?

Thanks!
Dealer insurance is highly inflated and can be negotiated. If he is not negotiating then you can politlety inform them that you would buy insurance on your own. I have replied to your query in another thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5709062 (Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me)

You can do some research online and go for the insurance which has wide cashless network coverage and good claim settlement ratio. Also explore about which add on you would like to opt. Usually zero dep and engine protect covers are highly recommended, other add on are also recommended such as RTI, consumable, rodent cover etc depending on your choice. I went with ICICI insurance when I bought Creta IVT in 2021 and saved about 30k vs dealer quote.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th January 2024 at 06:39.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 23:55   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Dealer insurance is highly inflated and can be negotiated.
Thank you. I was able to get the dealer to get close to online quote (+5%). I deciced to go with them.
carguy2021 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 23:59   #123
BHPian

I have been reading on the forums and everywhere that extended warranty is recommended.

My question is whether to opt for 5 year or 7 year. Running would be less than 100K. Might keep the car for long.

Difference is pricing 7 vs 5 is 32k with gst. Is it worth it?

Model is SX(O) IVT Petrol.

Please provide your valuable insights. Getting the car on Monday.
Old 3rd February 2024, 00:15   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been reading on the forums and everywhere that extended warranty is recommended.

My question is whether to opt for 5 year or 7 year. Running would be less than 100K. Might keep the car for long.

Most of us will recommend you buy 7 years worth of warranty. 32k will either buy you a lot of peace of mind or will save you a lot of $$$. The cars are getting more and more complex, and hence more expensive to fix.
Eddy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 00:19   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Most of us will recommend you buy 7 years worth of warranty. 32k will either buy you a lot of peace of mind or will save you a lot of $$$. The cars are getting more and more complex, and hence more expensive to fix.
Thank you makes sense. Also, just realized that new version has ADAS and other complex things.
carguy2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 08:13   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Definitely - 7 years.
I have the 2015 model Creta and with less electronics, there's been quite a few issues that cropped up after the extended warranty period.

1. ABS sensor
2. Power window motors - all 4 will be affected in the long run (A common problem in Hyundai).
3. Cooling coil - Yet another problem in Hyundai
4. Suspension bits
5. AVN - Common problem in Hyundai

These are some of the expensive fixes.. You have the cheaper issues apart from this.

Cars in 2024 with a host of electronics, it's highly recommended to go for the highest warranty period.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 08:24   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Definitely - 7 years.
I have the 2015 model Creta and with less electronics,
Can we have the option to extend the warranty to 7 years, if we opted for 5 years warranty during the purchase?
Old 3rd February 2024, 08:46   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It is better to take as much warranty as possible. Having said that, extended warranty can be purchased later also. It can be purchased at the same price up to first service which would fall within 2 months / 1500km. Even after that you'll have option to buy but price may go up slightly as the time progresses (inflation and based on km run).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Can we have the option to extend the warranty to 7 years, if we opted for 5 years warranty during the purchase?
During new car delivery, EW can be purchased via dealer. Later there is option to purchase it via service center. Please check with your service center whether there is option for 6th and 7th year EW and price.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 3rd February 2024 at 09:07.
Aviator_guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 06:30   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I was able to get the dealer to get close to online quote (+5%). I deciced to go with them.
Can you please let me know the dealer name & location in Hyderabad?
KNL_Bandi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 06:56   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Can you please let me know the dealer name & location in Hyderabad?
I am taking this vehicle in Andhra region.
Old 5th February 2024, 07:44   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Not sure if you can extended the already purchased extended warranty, but check with the local dealer. If there's an option, do get it.
Old 7th February 2024, 19:29   #132
BHPian

Has anyone test driven the 1.5L DCT variant yet?
I have enquired with Advaith and Blue Hyundai in Bangalore and they don't have a DCT test drive vehicle yet! I had also called Trident, another popular dealer with several showrooms. They said they would call me back, but never did.
I can't fathom this. In a city like Bangalore, Hyundai has not made a test drive vehicle available with their most popular dealers. 1.5L DCT is the new one that has been launched, while other variants are facelifts. So that should have been made available first.
Amidst all this, I see a thread that Hyundai has received over 50K bookings in a month!
Does anyone have context with respect to other cities?
Old 8th February 2024, 14:55   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Checking with a Hyundai Dealer here in Pune, i was quoted a waiting period of 6 months as communicated to them by Hyundai. Dont know if it is a generic statement. Irrespective of that, not sure if i would want to wait that long.

Finally, have you made your decision on your Ritz replacement?
After deliberating for a couple of weeks between Creta & Seltos, I have decided to go with Creta 1.5IVT. The AutoHold was the deciding factor with the home ministry making it non-negotiable and myself not stretching for the top-end Seltos.
The pending decision now is whether to sell the diesel Ritz or not due its extreme reliability (only once did we hit an issue while on the road in 13 years) and frugality (17kmpl in Bangalore traffic and AC always on).
ShabbyG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 15:53   #134
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarML View Post
Has anyone test driven the 1.5L DCT variant yet?

Does anyone have context with respect to other cities?
Checked with multiple dealerships in Delhi - no TD vehicles here either. Hyundai is being complacent here. It's unclear why Hyundai is taking so long to make TD cars accessible for one of its best models.
Col Mehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 18:13   #135
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Also, one-liner posts are best avoided.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 9th February 2024 at 14:11.
mithun is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks