https://www.rushlane.com/2024-hyunda...-12468642.html
venus1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 20:41   #107

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
2024 Hyundai Creta N Line Spied During TVC Shoot – New Matt Colour:

Side skirts and the red accents in the rear bumper looks after market .Exhaust pipe looks cool and will definitely sound good too.Alloys are similar to that of Seltos i think.Front bumper looks better than the normal variant imo.Steering wheel and gear knob looks similar to the i20 nline which is a good thing.
Abhay Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 11:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
2024 Hyundai Creta N Line Spied During TVC Shoot – New Matt Colour:

Nothing looks really appealing to me from these. Seltos with it's GT and X Line anyday looks more eye catchy. They even spoiled the gearknob design, I liked the normal variant's gearknob. Infact the normal is looking better than the N Line variants, purely because N Line changes are looking too aftermarketish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Normally I don't like taking polarizing positions, but Seltos beats Creta hands down on interiors this time. Just came out seeing new Creta FL, the difference between Creta and Seltos is amply clear - the color tones and interior vibe is one notch below Seltos. Except for that bronze color usage, there is very little that Creta can compete with Seltos. I am not even taking those sage green interiors in Seltos into consideration for comparison here.
This difference wasn't so stark in the pre facelift editions.
I agree. Prefacelift creta for it's time had great interiors. That along with Panoramic sunroof and auto hold were key deal makers for many. But the facelift doesn't have anything noteworthy over the Seltos, while costing same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Question for All: If we keep aside the Exterior and Interior looks and rest all things being the same between Seltos and Creta IVT variants, is it worth paying ~ 2 lakhs more than Seltos IVT for Creta SX(O) IVT which has ADAS Tech, 360 deg. Camera, Front Ventilated Seats, Wireless Charger?
Or skipping these features wont make a world of difference and should not be a deciding factor in choosing among the two?
Seltos HTX gets following over Creta SX(O) IVT-
  1. LED Fog lamps
  2. Dual reversing lamp
  3. Ambient light on the passenger dashboard and both front doors as well (Creta gets faint one on the passenger side dashboard)
  4. Single Orange colored ambient light in Creta as opposed to multi color in Seltos
  5. 5th passenger headrest
  6. UV Cut glasses
  7. Illuminated window buttons
  8. One touch up down for all windows

Creta would get the following-
  1. Cooled glovebox
  2. Puddle lamps
  3. ADAS
  4. Ventilated seats
  5. 360 cam
  6. wireless charger
  7. better 10.25 inch cluster
  8. EPB with autohold

I own a GT Line Seltos DCT facelift. I have extensively used the Auto hold function and 360 degree cam. ADAS is also tuned excellently and definitely a deal maker. Pretty sure ventilated seats would be useful as temperatures rise. LED foglamps have been very useful as I believe as far as fog lamps go, these are the best fog lamps I have experienced (Headlights though are strictly average and should have been better). The multi color mood lights in door pads and dashboard certainly makes an inviting interior at night. Night time interior ambience is important for me! (Your car's interior at night). Similarly one touch up down for all windows along with illuminated window buttons has been an excellent touch. Pretty sure the UV cut glasses would help a lot in summers considering the UV tinting looks very strong.

You can check above points and decide which features make more sense to you and check if they deserve a 2L price difference. If I was in your place would have picked the Creta SX(O) IVT over Seltos HTX IVT.

Last edited by 07CR : 28th January 2024 at 11:14.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 12:42   #109
BHPian

Never thought a facelift could completely change the way a car looks. Happened to see the FL Creta in the Emerald Pearl color in the open and wow, it is a looker! That commanding stance - it’s now the most ruggedly handsome car in its segment. Period. The side profile remains the same though, but that front looks so tastefully done. And the rear holds its own in darker colours. Kudos to Hyundai for this stunning makeover. Simply exquisite!
Old 28th January 2024, 16:49   #110
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
I need some advice on the Creta facelift variants, having checked out the car at the showroom and having taken a test-drive.
I am interested in an automatic only, manuals aren't worth it in Bangalore for me.

1. Engine & GB
My driving style is very sedate and my driving has been 70%-80% in the city. Ideally, the IVT should be my choice, but overtaking on Karnataka's state highways and narrow 2-lane highways of adjoining Kerala state require quick acceleration. Especially on Wayana's ghats or Bangalore's NICE roads, laboriously slow trucks make me think a lot before overtaking, while using a IVT/CVT. Also, GTO made that point about never regretting going for the more powerful engine.
Coupled with my 20-30% highway use-case, does it make sense to opt for a petrol DCT or diesel AT instead of the IVT/CVT? If yes, which one among the Petrol DCT or the diesel AT is the more reliable, fuss-free option for the long term ?

2. Choice of variant
With the petrol DCT, there's only option - the SX(O), the fully loaded top variant.
However for the other engine-GB related variants, do ventilated seats, 360 camera, electric 8 way driver adjust, 10.25" multi-display digital cluster and the auto-dimming IRVM in the top-end variant warrant spending the additional money ?
capnemo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 19:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnemo View Post
1. Engine & GB
My driving style is very sedate and my driving has been 70%-80% in the city. Ideally, the IVT should be my choice, but overtaking on Karnataka's state highways and narrow 2-lane highways of adjoining Kerala state require quick acceleration. Especially on Wayana's ghats or Bangalore's NICE roads, laboriously slow trucks make me think a lot before overtaking, while using a IVT/CVT. Also, GTO made that point about never regretting going for the more powerful engine.
Coupled with my 20-30% highway use-case, does it make sense to opt for a petrol DCT or diesel AT instead of the IVT/CVT? If yes, which one among the Petrol DCT or the diesel AT is the more reliable, fuss-free option for the long term ?

2. Choice of variant
With the petrol DCT, there's only option - the SX(O), the fully loaded top variant.
However for the other engine-GB related variants, do ventilated seats, 360 camera, electric 8 way driver adjust, 10.25" multi-display digital cluster and the auto-dimming IRVM in the top-end variant warrant spending the additional money ?
My 2 Paisa-

1) I will suggest to always go for the best engine gearbox combo available. DCT Turbo petrol it is for Creta. 20/30% is a considerable highway travel, and you should definitely consider the DCT Turbo petrol.

2) If you do consider going for IVT, I would still suggest to go for the top end variant. All mentioned features of top end variant definitely exceed the 2L rupee difference over a long term usage. If you plan to sell early (<3 years) you can opt for lower variant.

My suggestion- If you are going for turbo petrol, do checkout Seltos DCT Turbo as well. Basically same package, but in a sportier avatar and a lot more goodies. If you did consider it but somehow dropped it, please share your reason.

I myself purchased the DCT GT Line recently and couldn't have been happier!
Old 28th January 2024, 19:36   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,
I need some advice on the Creta facelift variants, having checked out the car at the showroom and having taken a test-drive.
I am interested in an automatic only, manuals aren't worth it in Bangalore for me.

1. Engine & GB

2. Choice of variant

I would stay clear of DCT as much as possible. If I was in market to buy then would have bought 1.5L Turbo iMT of Seltos just to avoid buying DCT. My friend bought DCT Creta 2 years back and DCT failed within 500KM in Gurgaon bumper to bumper, similar for me with Rapid DSG.

Now people would say DCT is safe but why is it then safety issue based discussion is always about DCT/DSG instead why no one gives a second thought on same issues for TC / CVT etc.

Or Stay clear of Creta and buy XIV700 Petrol AT, everything is much better in that car over Creta.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 20:37   #113

Hi BHPians. Need some advice. I am looking to book The New Creta and I feel the most VFM variant is S(O). Initially the S variant in pre facelift was VFM. But my booking got delayed and I chose to wait for FL. So it is new creta S(O) 1.5P NA or Seltos HTK Plus. As i plan to keep the car for around 7 yrs+ so having additional kit is the S(o) variant feels more practical.
My driving is a mix of both City and Highway and won’t be more than 1000kms per month so chose to go with petrol.
Thanks in advance.
ICEheadsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 20:39   #114
BHPian

I would also recommend to go for the SX(O) IVT variant given that you are a sedate driver. The NA IVT combo is jerk and lag free (unlike DCT which can be laggy in traffic and jerky in lower gears). The NA IVT combo is pretty quick on highways also (of course not as exciting as the turbo DCT, but it’s not a slouch either). I would also suggest to keep DCT heating issues in mind. Number of people in our circle have experienced it in heavy traffic conditions. It’s enjoyable, but can be a pain to maintain in the long run. Hyundai offers EW of 7 years which you should take in case you go for the turbo DCT combo.

Do take extensive test drives of both and decide what suits your needs better. I would not suggest Diesel AT though due to potential DPF issues in your case.

Good luck!

Last edited by Col Mehta : 28th January 2024 at 20:46.
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 22:15   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
My 2 Paisa-

1) I will suggest to always go for the best engine gearbox combo available. DCT Turbo petrol it is for Creta. 20/30% is a considerable highway travel, and you should definitely consider the DCT Turbo petrol.

2) If you do consider going for IVT, I would still suggest to go for the top end variant. All mentioned features of top end variant definitely exceed the 2L rupee difference over a long term usage. If you plan to sell early (<3 years) you can opt for lower variant.

My suggestion- If you are going for turbo petrol, do checkout Seltos DCT Turbo as well. Basically same package, but in a sportier avatar and a lot more goodies. If you did consider it but somehow dropped it, please share your reason.

I myself purchased the DCT GT Line recently and couldn't have been happier!
I test drove the Seltos and it is a lovely car. I felt the suspension was way too stiff though. Roads in my area are a shame, and I could feel the tyres crashing into every pothole, undulation on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I would stay clear of DCT as much as possible. If I was in market to buy then would have bought 1.5L Turbo iMT of Seltos just to avoid buying DCT. My friend bought DCT Creta 2 years back and DCT failed within 500KM in Gurgaon bumper to bumper, similar for me with Rapid DSG.

Now people would say DCT is safe but why is it then safety issue based discussion is always about DCT/DSG instead why no one gives a second thought on same issues for TC / CVT etc.

Or Stay clear of Creta and buy XIV700 Petrol AT, everything is much better in that car over Creta.
Thanks for the reminder on the DCT reliability concerns. That is top of mind for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
I would also recommend to go for the SX(O) IVT variant given that you are a sedate driver. The NA IVT combo is jerk and lag free (unlike DCT which can be laggy in traffic and jerky in lower gears). The NA IVT combo is pretty quick on highways also (of course not as exciting as the turbo DCT, but it’s not a slouch either). I would also suggest to keep DCT heating issues in mind. Number of people in our circle have experienced it in heavy traffic conditions. It’s enjoyable, but can be a pain to maintain in the long run. Hyundai offers EW of 7 years which you should take in case you go for the turbo DCT combo.

Do take extensive test drives of both and decide what suits your needs better. I would not suggest Diesel AT though due to potential DPF issues in your case.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice sir. Yes, EW is definitely on my mind considering it's a big ticket purchase.
Old 28th January 2024, 22:16   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEheadsr View Post
Hi BHPians. Need some advice. I am looking to book The New Creta and I feel the most VFM variant is S(O). Initially the S variant in pre facelift was VFM. But my booking got delayed and I chose to wait for FL. So it is new creta S(O) 1.5P NA or Seltos HTK Plus. As i plan to keep the car for around 7 yrs+ so having additional kit is the S(o) variant feels more practical.
My driving is a mix of both City and Highway and won’t be more than 1000kms per month so chose to go with petrol.
Thanks in advance.
Are you looking for MT or CVT? If MT, you can also checkout Seltos HTX 1.5 MT which is about same price OTR Pune as Creta S(O) MT.

Similarly if you are going for CVT, Seltos HTX CVT is 19.5L OTR Pune, whereas the S(O) Creta is 18.8L. For additional 70K you get a lot more equipment in Seltos. Do evaluate if it is worth for you.

On a sidenote, since you would be having a mix of city + highway driving, do checkout the 1.5 HTK+ Turbo iMT in Seltos. The power difference alone is more than enough to consider it!

Happy hunting!

Last edited by 07CR : 28th January 2024 at 22:20.
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 00:21   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

1. Engine & GB
I own Creta IVT and just today I returned from Wayanad via 2 lane Kerala roads, Mysore expressway and Nice road! We were family of four with boot full of luggage. My driving situation is similar to yours and I chose the IVT so thought to share my experience about your concerns.

I used sports mode extensively and never felt the need for more power on the highway for overtakes /quick acceleration and also going uphill in Wayanad (along with auto hold). Used peddle shifter on ghat sections downhill to control acceleration instead of using frequent braking.

Car never disappointed me and on some occasions I could even give tough fight to the bigger SUVs on the expressway.

Both DCT transmission and Diesel engine are prone to some or the other issues. DCT reliability in B2B traffic in long term is questionable and Bangalore traffic mess is world famous. Similarly BS6 diesel engines are prone to DPF issues which could turn out to be quite a headache and expensive in long term for primary city driving conditions. IVT / CVT coupled with NA engines offer best reliability for any type of situation, if that's your primary focus. I know it can't beat the thrill of DCT or torque of diesel but in long run, it would be the variant I'd recommend.

Take extensive test drives and try drive modes / peddle shifters to see if it meets your requirements.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th January 2024 at 00:41.
Aviator_guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 11:10   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Both DCT transmission and Diesel engine are prone to some or the other issues. DCT reliability in B2B traffic in long term is questionable and Bangalore traffic mess is world famous. Similarly BS6 diesel engines are prone to DPF issues which could turn out to be quite a headache and expensive in long term for primary city driving conditions. IVT / CVT coupled with NA engines offer best reliability for any type of situation, if that's your primary focus. I know it can't beat the thrill of DCT or torque of diesel but in long run, it would be the variant I'd recommend.

Take extensive test drives and try drive modes / peddle shifters to see if it meets your requirements.
Thanks Aviator_guy for the personal experience. It looks like IVT might be the one for me.
Old 29th January 2024, 21:22   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Are you looking for MT or CVT? If MT, you can also checkout Seltos HTX 1.5 MT which is about same price OTR Pune as Creta S(O) MT.

Similarly if you are going for CVT, Seltos HTX CVT is 19.5L OTR Pune, whereas the S(O) Creta is 18.8L. For additional 70K you get a lot more equipment in Seltos. Do evaluate if it is worth for you.

On a sidenote, since you would be having a mix of city + highway driving, do checkout the 1.5 HTK+ Turbo iMT in Seltos. The power difference alone is more than enough to consider it!

Happy hunting!
Thanks for the replying. I am looking for manual petrol. My budget cannot be stretched beyond 17L and S(O) itself is kind of a long stretch.
iMT is a big No for me. I enjoy occasional spirited driving. HTX is priced around 1-1.2L more than S(O) in Hyderabad where I live.
Old 29th January 2024, 23:37   #120
BHPian

Hello,

Anyone got insurance pricing? Dealer is asking for 90k for SX(O) IVT Petrol which is ridiculous.

What are other places to buy insurance outside?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks