Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2024, 04:15   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
Really? In the last 10 years I've never had to claim insurance so I am unaware about this but I thought dealer would still buy the insurance from an actual provider like ICICI/HDFC/Tata etc.
It's true that eventually claim is settled by an insurance company but Hyundai (and Maruti, Kia etc) have their own programs like Hyundai Assurance Plan (HAP) where they have special arrangements with certain insurance companies for better coverage and faster processing across service centers in India. It doesn't mean that customer can't get a cashless settlement if he buys from insurance company directly ( if company has cashless option with that service center). However, dealer may give more attention and preference to their own program during a claim which may mean faster work completion and paper work, specially if claim involves major work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu View Post
Is there a way for service center to know that this is dealer bought insurance VS non-dealer bought insurance?
I have observed that service centers maintain record of our insurance (they might have common database internally). So, in all likelihood they are aware. I have been asked to provide my insurance copy during regular service in the name of updating their records.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th August 2024 at 04:30.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 20:39   #512

As we know, we had a good rainy day in Bangalore. Of course, nothing like Mangalore. More like a summer day's rain there.
But, that meant it took 1hr 35 mins to travel 10 kms to office. The average speed would be 6.5kmph.
And M gave the worst average so far at 5.2 kmpl.
Old 13th August 2024, 13:17   #513
BHPian

A few observations after driving my Creta SX(O) Diesel AT for 1800 kms now including one long trip of 650 Kms
  • Pathetic headlights: My 8.2 Lakhs Ignis alpha has a brilliant LED projector lamps while 24.3 L OTR CRETA has simple reflectors whose throw is ok but the lights gets diffused badly. There is hardly any light around the first 5 odd feet from the car bonnet. There is no option to add a fog lamp which can cover the dark spots apart from its primary function of providing illumination in fog and rain.
  • Panoramic sun roof and its impact on air-conditioning: I have Garware Artic Cool sun films on my sun roof but still there is significant heat transfer from it, requiring ac to be running at full blast for rear passenger comfort. The throw from the rear a/c vents are week and unless the temperature is set to 22 degrees or below, there is hardly any cold air below the vent. Miss the absence of a blower control for the rear vents.
  • Surprisingly keeping the car in sports mode seems to give slightly better mileage in city traffic as it avoids frequent shifting of the TC gearbox which has an impact on efficiency.
  • The ride quality is very good even on bad roads and handling is very neutral and pretty decent.
  • The suspension oscillations could have been damped a bit more as the softness has an impact when going through poorly speed breakers.
    Loving the upgraded Vredstyn tires as they seem to be good mix of grip and comfort. A worthy alternative to Michelin Primacy 4ST than Conti UC6 for at least now.
  • The black piano finishes on the central console are a dust magnet and swirl marks have started appearing already.
  • Sound quality of the Bose speakers have been a little underwhelming when compared to Alpine SPG which is there on my ignis powered by the stock harman HU. Not sure if any of the audiophiles in this forum feel the same.
  • Lack of wireless android auto/apple car play is a big miss as the only USB slot gets locked for the phone and we cannot play songs from USB.
Sridhar K is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 17:31   #514
BHPian

Had a question on the Rear Speakers for Non-Bose (Arkamys perhaps) variants (HTX and Below):

Since the stock head unit wouldn't power the rear speakers as much as front, I got a Alpine 4 Channel amp installed, along with a SubWoofer. Even with this, the rear speakers hardly offers voice clarity in its output. Did others experience similar situation and would replacing the stock rear speakers with coaxials help?

----------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------

Apologies - Posted this in the Creta thread instead of Seltos thread. I don't see a way to delete this. Kindly ignore

Last edited by santhosh_lv : 14th August 2024 at 17:41. Reason: Posted by mistake
Old 14th August 2024, 18:06   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_lv View Post
Had a question on the Rear Speakers for Non-Bose (Arkamys perhaps) variants (HTX and Below):

Since the stock head unit wouldn't power the rear speakers as much as front, I got a Alpine 4 Channel amp installed, along with a SubWoofer. Even with this, the rear speakers hardly offers voice clarity in its output. Did others experience similar situation and would replacing the stock rear speakers with coaxials help?

----------------------------------------UPDATE--------------------------------

Apologies - Posted this in the Creta thread instead of Seltos thread. I don't see a way to delete this. Kindly ignore
Why do you say that the stock unit cannot drive the rear as much as the front as the drivers on the OE HU are the same for the front and the rear speakers unless you upgraded the front ones? Or are you saying that you have the front and the sub driven by the amp while the rear is direct from HU? The speakers on the lower end variants are generally bad.

On my ignis, I just upgraded the front and rear with Alpine SPG 17CS and I find them much better than Bose on my Creta. Some of the HUs may not be able to power them though. You can upgrade the front with components, driven by the the amp and rear with co-axials directly from the HU. The rear channel of the amp can be used for the sub in bridged mode.
Old 17th August 2024, 17:46   #516

Hello,
Got delivery of my Creta SX IVT last Sunday. Haven't driven much, but I have couple of questions.

1. How do we clean semi-leather seats?
2. I want to install dashcams. Hyundai provides Inaxes dashcam. How does this compare with 70mai A510?
3. Similarly Hyundai provides DHC 360 surround camera with price 41.5k. Is this good or there are better in the market?

I have just switched from my 2006 Wagon R. So it like push button mobiles to touch screen. I have more questions, but that is for later.
in_car_nation is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 18:39   #517
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_car_nation View Post
Got delivery of my Creta SX IVT last Sunday.
Congrats on your new car!

Quote:
2. I want to install dashcams. Hyundai provides Inaxes dashcam. How does this compare with 70mai A510?
Avoid the Hyundai dash cam and get the A510 instead. Plug it via the USB and you're done! I'm personally using one in my Creta and pretty happy with it.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed