Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2024, 11:54   #466

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan123 View Post

I will do the update in my Creta 2024 today evening.
Thank you for the information. Please share your experience once Creta s/w is updated (like how much time it takes)
Old 18th July 2024, 12:10   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado82 View Post
Thank you for the information. Please share your experience once Creta s/w is updated (like how much time it takes)
Sure. Will share my experience. But I feel it should take the same time since the file sizes were identical for both i20 and Creta.
rohan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 15:00   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGadget View Post
Hello Members,

Yesterday, all of sudden the Infotainment Display Screen is not working, while the ODO meter screen is on, the Infotainment Screen is not showing anything.

Tried starting the vehicle 2-3 times in gap of time yesterday, but still, it's not working.
Also not able to get how do retstart the same. While expecting it should be minor niggle, anyone else faced this issue.
Got it checked in the Service Centre, and as informed they did a complete reset by removing the Battery and reconnecting it and screen is now live again. However just saw few post about the Software update, but Service Centre has denied any update in the software.
Old 18th July 2024, 15:53   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGadget View Post
Got it checked in the Service Centre, and as informed they did a complete reset by removing the Battery and reconnecting it and screen is now live again. However just saw few post about the Software update, but Service Centre has denied any update in the software.
It is very easy to do the software update yourself. Just need the Navigation Updater on the computer and a USB drive.
Old 19th July 2024, 09:33   #470

Quote:
I completed the update on my Creta. It took exactly the same time as my i20 - 37 minutes.

One thing to keep in mind is the infotainment system will not function during the update. So the drive while updating is going to be boring without music. Both times I had company with me.

Attaching step by step what is visible on screen.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_4525.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_4526.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_4527.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_4528.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_4530.jpg  

rohan123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 11:07   #471

Quote:
I completed the update on my Creta. It took exactly the same time as my i20 - 37 minutes.

One thing to keep in mind is the infotainment system will not function during the update. So the drive while updating is going to be boring without music. Both times I had company with me.

Thanks for sharing . I will also try the update this weekend then.
Old 23rd July 2024, 12:41   #472

Quote:
Got a chance to experience the proper FCCA mechanism yesterday.

Though it was turned on for the last 2 months since I got the car, as my usual daily drive is in Bangalore city traffic, it never came into effect. Got the 'Collision Detected' warning couple of times, but then the speed was very low and I used to apply brakes that time, and it went away like that.

Yesterday, I was driving through Hosur road (the long straight stretch close to Hosa road signal), it was medium traffic as it was a Sunday. My speed was around 40/50kmph, suddenly a courier van cut across from the left side and came to my front, and it kept moving. Got the collision detected warning in MID, but I didn't bother to apply the brakes/took my foot from A pedal since I knew it won't collide (based on my speed and the van's speed). But ADAS applied the emergency brakes with 'krrrr' sounds. It didn't come to instant complete halt, but reduced my speed to may be 5-10kmph or below and then I applied the brakes and stopped. Everyone in the car got scared, and thought that our car hit something. Luckily there was no vehicle behind me, so nothing untoward happened.

I am using a Tucson AWD since May 2023. Did 32k km. Had this experience a few times. One of which resulted in rear ending- A bike collided at the back as he could not take the sudden breaking. In Tucson, as of now there is no option to turn off active safety assistant permanently (It gets on everytime the vehicle starts). Mass reporting to Hyundai might help.
Old 23rd July 2024, 16:02   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

Also as a Seltos Facelift DCT owner, I am curious to know any reason to avoid the Seltos?
Hi, adding to 07CR post, onroad price of Seltos HTX iVT is only 60K more than Elevate ZX CVT. Creta SX Tech will be almost Rs. 2 lacs more expensive than Elevate ZX CVT (after considering discount on Elevate).

Seltos appears to be a better overall products (compared to Elevate) in terms of look, feel, drive, FE and it will be as trouble free as Elevate for longer duration.

Both Elevate & Seltos has discounts, Elevate will have slightly higher discount than Seltos in Delhi.
Old 23rd July 2024, 16:52   #474

Hi Fellow BHP-ian,
You shared a very interesting experience with ADAS which many vehicle owners might be experiencing with this new age technology. It will take time to reach a synergy where both side will work almost seamlessly (I mentioned almost because it will be impossible to achive equilibrium because of different driving styles and different level of sensitivity settings that each OEM sets for their cars).

I myself is in the verge of selecting a new car for my family and we prefer to have ADAS in it as I feel if this system helps anyone to even avert 1 major incident in its lifetime, it will fulfill its underline purpose. We need to use ADAS as an additional safety feature, it can't replace the attention needed from the driver.
Old 24th July 2024, 11:16   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, I was driving through Hosur road (the long straight stretch close to Hosa road signal), it was medium traffic as it was a Sunday.
But ADAS applied the emergency brakes with 'krrrr' sounds. It didn't come to instant complete halt, but reduced my speed to may be 5-10kmph or below and then I applied the brakes and stopped. Everyone in the car got scared, and thought that our car hit something. Luckily there was no vehicle behind me, so nothing untoward happened.
This is another example how ADAS can be dangerous in road situation.
I hope you have turned off ADAS now while driving in and around city. There could have been an accident if a vehicle was closely following you that time. You were lucky
In India, ADAS shouldn't be used unless you are driving on mostly deserted highways. Why vehicle manufacturers implement ADAS is beyond my understanding. Maybe it's because of marketing need to increase sales by showing added features.

On roads, while a handful of cars drive decently and may have ADAS too, more than 90 pc of cars don't have ADAS and they drive the way they know i.e rash or agressive. Better to be safe then sorry in my opinion

Last edited by SidTheChamp : 24th July 2024 at 11:18. Reason: Minor changes
Old 24th July 2024, 11:52   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, I was driving through Hosur road (the long straight stretch close to Hosa road signal), it was medium traffic as it was a Sunday. My speed was around 40/50kmph, suddenly a courier van cut across from the left side and came to my front, and it kept moving. Got the collision detected warning in MID, but I didn't bother to apply the brakes/took my foot from A pedal since I knew it won't collide (based on my speed and the van's speed). But ADAS applied the emergency brakes with 'krrrr' sounds. It didn't come to instant complete halt, but reduced my speed to may be 5-10kmph or below and then I applied the brakes and stopped. Everyone in the car got scared, and thought that our car hit something. Luckily there was no vehicle behind me, so nothing untoward happened.
I face exactly as you described with my Tata Safari. I have gotten used to it but I fear for the day when somebody will rear end me due to sudden auto-braking. Only solution is to always keep a safe distance when driving at high speeds.
Old 24th July 2024, 13:59   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking_Slow View Post
Only solution is to always keep a safe distance when driving at high speeds.
Yes, we need to be always aware that ADAS can kick-in during certain situations, which we usually tend to forget. Kind of defensive driving to be followed with ADAS on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheChamp View Post
On roads, while a handful of cars drive decently and may have ADAS too, more than 90 pc of cars don't have ADAS and they drive the way they know i.e rash or agressive. Better to be safe then sorry in my opinion
Yes, agree it can Save us from a fatal incident, but, at the same time, I feel it needs to get matured some more with the Indian style of driving discipline that we are surrounded with.
Old 25th July 2024, 09:07   #478
Senior - BHPian

Any one added K&N filter for 1.5 Petrol Turbo?
Old 25th July 2024, 17:15   #479
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Got a chance to experience the proper FCCA mechanism yesterday.
What was the sensitivity of the FCCA set to? This could play a huge role in the way the ADAS reacted.
Old 26th July 2024, 07:00   #480
BHPian

Quote:

You can do the same update OTA too. You just need to tick this checkbox.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_1875.jpeg

The next time you restart it automatically starts downloading the update.

It took about three days of driving for about 2-3 hours each day for the update to get downloaded. Once downloaded, the updating process starts, during which the infotainment cannot be used. Even the cameras don’t work. It updates even when the car is switched off.
fazonater1911 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks