Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2024, 10:05   #421

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post

I feel Hyundai is ripping off customers with exorbitant pricing for Creta's higher variants. If you want an automatic, you have to pay Rs 5 lakh over the base variant! The S(O) IVT at 18.5 lakh OTR is just crazy pricing. It is the opposite of VFM -- it has the same el cheapo instrument cluster that comes in models that cost half.

I hope the bubble pops fast for Creta.
On a side note, its really even more hurting for we buyers in Bengaluru. The S(O) MT is at 18.5L OTR and S(O) IVT stands at 20.4L due to high state road taxes. Such a sad state
torque789 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 10:44   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel Hyundai is ripping off customers with exorbitant pricing for Creta's higher variants. If you want an automatic, you have to pay Rs 5 lakh over the base variant! The S(O) IVT at 18.5 lakh OTR is just crazy pricing. It is the opposite of VFM -- it has the same el cheapo instrument cluster that comes in models that cost half.

The SX(O) at ~22 lakh is plain unbelievable!!! You can get the XUV700 2 litre turbocharged 200 hp beast of an engine with a proper TC, 7 seats and 5 star safety for the kind of money Hyundai is charging for a wheezing 1.5 NA engine and 3 star safety rating.

I hope the bubble pops fast for Creta.
Price is primary driven by demand and input costs. Demand is thru the roof for Creta and hence Hyundai can command a premium. Of course, customers have options to chose where they put their money. If customer finds value, they will flock to buy it. I'm sure the math you showed for Creta vs XUV is in the back of mind of potential customers when they evaluate various cars. There are multiple factors other than price which goes in the decision making. Hyundai is striking the right chord with their value proposition and hence it is selling inspite of so called rip off price (which can be said for any car now a days,the way prices are going up). Few years ago, 25 lakh could fetch you premium German !

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 20th June 2024 at 10:51.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 15:14   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Price is primary driven by demand and input costs. Demand is thru the roof for Creta and hence Hyundai can command a premium. Of course, customers have options to chose where they put their money. If customer finds value, they will flock to buy it. I'm sure the math you showed for Creta vs XUV is in the back of mind of potential customers when they evaluate various cars. There are multiple factors other than price which goes in the decision making. Hyundai is striking the right chord with their value proposition and hence it is selling inspite of so called rip off price (which can be said for any car now a days,the way prices are going up). Few years ago, 25 lakh could fetch you premium German !
While it's true that price is driven by demand and input costs, the dynamics of the market go far beyond these basic principles. The perceived value of a car like Creta is determined by many factors, including paid influencers on YouTube, etc. I saw video after video claiming that the S(O) IVT is value for money, when it clearly isn't.

You're right that price isn't the only criterion for car buyers. If it were, consumers would simply choose the cheapest option. The simple point I'm making is that it's important not to fall blindly for corporate tactics and paid influencer endorsements on Youtube. As a consumer, recognizing a ripoff when there is one is crucial.

And this isn't just a matter of how car prices have changed over the years but about how they are presented to consumers today. For example, Hyundai offers the same 1.5 turbo engine at a significantly lower price in the Carens (13 lakh) compared to the Creta (23 lakh).

My friend has also booked a Creta S(O) IVT, fully aware of the premium he was paying. For those who can afford it, this may be acceptable, but every customers should make a decision with their eyes open, fully aware when they are paying a hefty premium and not be fooled into thinking that they are getting value for money.

No offence meant to any Creta buyers. This rant came out of what me and my friend found during the car research. It is really astounding seeing the inflated prices and how they are being justified as VFM by influencers.

Last edited by naru80 : 20th June 2024 at 15:29.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 16:01   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offence meant to any Creta buyers. This rant came out of what me and my friend found during the car research. It is really astounding seeing the inflated prices and how they are being justified as VFM by influencers.
None taken

I doubt customers would base their decision to plonk 20 lakh based on some youtube influencer. Every customer would see VFM in their own way
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 17:24   #425
BHPian

Quote:

I doubt customers would base their decision to plonk 20 lakh based on some Youtube influencer. Every customer would see VFM in their own way

You'd be surprised how many do just that.

Heck, forget 20 lakh cars—many buyers "invest" much more in flats that remain unbuilt, based on the perception of quality and status from real estate advertising.

Influencers can significantly shape consumer decisions, especially in the car-buying process where a lot of research is done on YouTube since showrooms don't always have the variant one wants on display.

There's a reason why they are called "influencers".

Apologies for going OT.

Last edited by naru80 : 20th June 2024 at 17:31.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 21:48   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You'd be surprised how many do just that.

Heck, forget 20 lakh cars—many buyers "invest" much more in flats that remain unbuilt, based on the perception of quality and status from real estate advertising.

Influencers can significantly shape consumer decisions, especially in the car-buying process where a lot of research is done on YouTube since showrooms don't always have the variant one wants on display.

There's a reason why they are called "influencers".

Apologies for going OT.

I am sorry but I am not getting your point. Reference of investing in real estate and getting cheated is not the same as buying a car which may be considered over priced for what it offers (although it is still subjective and personal preference).

May be you are miffed by the super inflated prices of new cars now a days but sadly it is what it is. Call it inflation or aspiration or the purchasing power of people have gone up.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 20th June 2024 at 21:51.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 12:06   #427
BHPian

Anyone knows where to get Kagu/Pharaoh mats for the Creta FL in Delhi NCR area?

Any other nice options for floor mats apart from these two?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
I am sorry but I am not getting your point. Reference of investing in real estate and getting cheated is not the same as buying a car which may be considered over priced for what it offers (although it is still subjective and personal preference).

May be you are miffed by the super inflated prices of new cars now a days but sadly it is what it is. Call it inflation or aspiration or the purchasing power of people have gone up.
Please don't worry so much if you don't get it. Just enjoy your ride.
Old 22nd June 2024, 16:34   #428

Hi all. One of my friend is planning to buy Creta diesel. Looks like SA is pushing to go for petrol instead as they might stop diesel and it becomes little difficult with parts once production stopped. What’s the take on this? Please suggest.
Old 22nd June 2024, 17:35   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
I have been dealing with Trident Mahadevapura and the sales manager there is very cooperative.

In case anyone is booking any Hyundai car with this dealer, I can help with some references and some minor offers.
Booked SX Tech IVT with Trident Hyundai this week. I was able to get 15K cash discount plus 5K for accessories. Thanks for that.

As the demand is tapering for passenger vehicles, including Creta, one can negotiate more discounts. Hyundai promised delivery within 6-8 weeks, though I anticipate it may arrive sooner.

Quote:
Based on my personal experience between Advaith ORR and Trident KR Puram, during my Creta SX IVT purchase couple of years ago, I'd suggest Trident. I found them to be more professional and responsive.
Indeed, there was noticeable difference between Advaith and Trident. Trident demonstrated greater professionalism, provided detailed explanations of features, and promptly arranged a test drive. They promptly assessed the value of my old Wagon R as well.
in_car_nation is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 14:04   #430
BHPian

Question to all Creta diesel manual how is the general driveability and ease of driving in the city and Also is the clutch travel long, how is the manual on long drives in the city, we were confused between the Creta e diesel manual and Sonet htx diesel automatic.
Old 23rd June 2024, 20:48   #431
BHPian

I have been noticing a tyre pressure loss issue with my FL Creta.
The front left tyre has been gradually losing its tyre pressure, say from 35 to 32 psi over the course of a week whereas the others are more or less at the same 35.

Advaith Hyundai ORR reported a problem with the valve and said they fixed it, during the first service. But I've noticed the problem again, after 1 week.

Thinking of taking it to a tyre shop - any recommendations around the Bellandur / Marathahalli / HSR belt on a tyre shop that provides good diagnosis and service ?
Old 28th June 2024, 17:22   #432
BHPian

Creta and Seltos Lineup is seriously missing a mid-model based on existing S(O) IVT which comes without a sunroof. May be S IVT which would be economical CVT variant especially for those people who are not wanting to have a sunroof in their cars while they want an automatic. Automatic cars these days are forcefully giving Sunroof as a feature which raises the cost exorbitantly and for some it's a useless feature.

Kia and Hyundai should learn from TOYOTA, Urban Cruiser Hyryder and even Hycross come with AT and ECVT Automatic variants which come with all necessary features except the sunroof which makes such models a value buy!
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 14:33   #433
BANNED

Hi Everyone. This is my first post on Team bhp after being a avid reader of the posts for a long time !

I recently purchased the facelifted creta(SXO IVT) and I mostly like the car, its refined engine and has all the bells and whistles. However one issue, not so major is bugging me. The center console makes a slight creaking noise when breaking hard or when we come of a speed breaker. I have observed that this exists in every car. I checked in my friends car as well the showroom display car, it exists everywhere. Its not a major concern but a 23L car should feel solid and not make any noise. Does anyone else observe this and any solution to this ?
CretaREP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 20:28   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretaREP View Post
Hi Everyone. This is my first post on Team bhp after being a avid reader of the posts for a long time !

I recently purchased the facelifted creta(SXO IVT) and I mostly like the car, its refined engine and has all the bells and whistles. However one issue, not so major is bugging me. The center console makes a slight creaking noise when breaking hard or when we come of a speed breaker. I have observed that this exists in every car. I checked in my friends car as well the showroom display car, it exists everywhere. Its not a major concern but a 23L car should feel solid and not make any noise. Does anyone else observe this and any solution to this ?
Welcome to the forum .

Yes, the center console does creak which is a result of cheap quality plastic used by Hyundai. This issue has been present since the 2nd gen (2020) model. And you are right, a 23L car shouldn't make such creaking noise. Unfortunately, you can't really eliminate it completely but it can be reduced to an extent. Refer to this post for more details:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5384457 (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2024, 13:39   #435

Hi Creta Owners,

Looking for changing speed alert in Creta SX-Tech 2024 edition.
By default speed alert beeps are coming as soon as vehicle crosses 120kmph. Can it be increased or set at a higher value (like 140/150kmph) ?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed