Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2024, 08:40   #406
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

What are the current waiting periods for the Creta Sx(O) IVT and N-line? The dealerships in Bangalore that I visited seem to indicate a waiting period of up to 3 months. Is that correct, or has anyone got their vehicles earlier?
Old 13th June 2024, 16:00   #407
BHPian

I got home a new-gen Creta and have had a good experience overall. One strange issue I noticed is with not being able to answer incoming voice calls on whatsapp. I can answer the call and hear the other person but they cannot hear me. So everytime someone calls me on whatsapp, I have to reject the call and call them back. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th June 2024, 11:12   #408

Has anyone updated the infotainment system ? I see that an OTA is available, but wanted to confirm if someone already tried and things are smooth after the update.
ShabbyG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 16:44   #409

Got a chance to experience the proper FCCA mechanism yesterday.

Though it was turned on for the last 2 months since I got the car, as my usual daily drive is in Bangalore city traffic, it never came into effect. Got the 'Collision Detected' warning couple of times, but then the speed was very low and I used to apply brakes that time, and it went away like that.

Yesterday, I was driving through Hosur road (the long straight stretch close to Hosa road signal), it was medium traffic as it was a Sunday. My speed was around 40/50kmph, suddenly a courier van cut across from the left side and came to my front, and it kept moving. Got the collision detected warning in MID, but I didn't bother to apply the brakes/took my foot from A pedal since I knew it won't collide (based on my speed and the van's speed). But ADAS applied the emergency brakes with 'krrrr' sounds. It didn't come to instant complete halt, but reduced my speed to may be 5-10kmph or below and then I applied the brakes and stopped. Everyone in the car got scared, and thought that our car hit something. Luckily there was no vehicle behind me, so nothing untoward happened.
tornado82 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 11:08   #410

Dear BHPians

I am scheduled to get the delivery of the vehicle, just completed PDI yesterday.
I need one clarification regarding NCB claim from my previous vehicle. I provided the NCB certificate to the dealer to consider for bonus. SA mentioned that first I need to pay the full insurance amount, later the bonus amount will be refunded back to me. Is this the actual process or can I push him discount the bonus already while I pay?

Please help me urgently on this.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th June 2024 at 11:11.
Old 18th June 2024, 13:50   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque789 View Post
Dear BHPians

I am scheduled to get the delivery of the vehicle, just completed PDI yesterday.
I need one clarification regarding NCB claim from my previous vehicle. I provided the NCB certificate to the dealer to consider for bonus. SA mentioned that first I need to pay the full insurance amount, later the bonus amount will be refunded back to me. Is this the actual process or can I push him discount the bonus already while I pay?

Please help me urgently on this.
If you already have NCB certificate and handed over to SA before insurance was purchased, you should push for NCB discount upfront. There is no reason why you can't avail that and have to settle for refund later (which mind you, would not be easy and would take your time and effort to follow up).

Insist on NCB application upfront else escalate. Looks like your SA is not being helpful here and doesn't want to put efforts.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 18th June 2024 at 13:52.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 14:57   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Insist on NCB application upfront else escalate. Looks like your SA is not being helpful here and doesn't want to put efforts.
Thanks for the response. Meanwhile I spoke to the sales manager directly and they agreed to get the upfront discount after some extended deliberation.
torque789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 16:08   #413
BHPian

Question on Adaptive Cruise Control

Off late I have started experimenting with ACC in city traffic. On my commutes to the office along Bangalore's ORR, I usually set up the ACC at 30 kmph and follow a decently driven four-wheeler. I like the fact that the car comes to a complete halt and then resumes the drive with a light touch of the accelerator pedal. Driving has become so peaceful especially when others are also driving properly.

Now my question is, will the mechanics fail earlier due to excessive usage of ACC? Am I putting too much strain on a system that is supposed to be used only on highways?

Also, is this even considered a safe or ideal driving practice? I do switch to manual control as soon as I see ziig-zaging two-wheelers hovering around me.I also keep my right foot ready to apply the brakes in case of any emergency.
Schroeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 23:06   #414
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a new car in the compact SUV segment. I've tried almost all offerings in the segment except Seltos and have shortlisted Honda Elevate CVT and Hyundai Creta 1.5 CVT. Safety, reliability and few features are the important requirements. Exterior design wise, I like both and both offered similar driveability.

Things found better in Creta:

1. Back seat comfort is better for 3 people in Creta with seat being a tad bit wider and with a flat bench, the middle passenger is going to be more comfortable than the central bump in Elevate. Also, the sun blinds on the rear seat add to the comfort for rear passenger.

2. Cabin insulation appeared better in Creta & with less engine & road noise, the cabin appeared quieter. It was not too bad in Elevate, but don't know how much noisy that cabin is going to be at highway speeds.

3. Creta definitely has the upper hand in terms of some important basic features like usb ports for rear passengers & TPMS. I am not a fan of panoramic sunroof, so not counting it as an advantage in Creta. Ventilated seats are definitely an advantage but I don't find powered seats of much use unless they come with memory function.

4. I also feel that ADAS is not a very useful feature in Indian conditions as of now but definitely would rate Creta's radar based of more use than the camera based ADAS of Elevate, specifically in heavy rains and fog.

Things found better in Elevate:

1. Riding position is definitely better with Elevate.

2. Found Elevate's interior to be better.

3. I am assuming Honda to be more reliable in the long run. Also, the urge to own the famed iVtec before the age of ICE engines end.

To me, it appears that Elevate ZX CVT is better bet than Creta S(O) IVT in the same price bracket. Creta appears to make more sense in the higher priced SX Tech variant. My running is predominantly going to be in City with occasional highway drives and some mountain & hilly runs(definitely hoping to drive to Spiti next year)

Conundrum:

Should I go for Elevate ZX or push the budget and go for Creta SX Tech(if it's really worth it). Although, pushing the budget would be better avoided.

Any suggestions from forum members are welcome.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th June 2024 at 19:57. Reason: Formatting
motographer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 11:03   #415
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motographer View Post
Conundrum: Should I go for Elevate ZX or push the budget and go for Creta SX Tech(if it's really worth it). Although, pushing the budget would be better avoided.

Any suggestions from forum members are welcome.
Of the two, I would suggest the Creta SX Tech for the following reasons-
  • NVH is way better than Elevate. Moreso on the highways, I found Elevate's NVH a sorry state as the speeds crossed 80 KPH.
  • Few missing essentials in Elevate compared to Creta- Dual Zone AC, Rear window curtains, a faster HU and better sound quality too, EPB with Auto Hold
  • Ride quality was better in the Creta
  • Creta's resale would be much better than Elevate. With drastic fall in Eelvate's sales figures I fear for it's future (And Honda's future in India too).

Also as a Seltos Facelift DCT owner, I am curious to know any reason to avoid the Seltos?
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 14:17   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motographer View Post
To me, it appears that Elevate ZX CVT is better bet than Creta S(O) IVT in the same price bracket. Creta appears to make more sense in the higher priced SX Tech variant.

Conundrum: Should I go for Elevate ZX or push the budget and go for Creta SX Tech(if it's really worth it).
A friend recently booked the S(O) IVT. According to multiple dealers, for automatics, S(O) is the most in demand, followed by SX(O) top variant. Buyers don't see the value proposition in SX Tech IVT. All dealers we approached in NCR had SX Tech IVT readily available since there are few takers for this variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Also as a Seltos Facelift DCT owner, I am curious to know any reason to avoid the Seltos?
We extensively tried out both Seltos and Creta. My friend really wanted to get the Seltos since it looks better, but there are subtle differences that add up against Kia:

-- Creta's cabin has lighter colors that make it feel airier and gives a sense of being in a more spacious car
-- Hyundai's suspension is better especially over potholed roads, making the ride plusher
-- The seats felt marginally better, making it seem to be a better place to be seated in
-- Even though the engine and transmission is the same, Creta seems to be pulling with less effort. I don't know if it is a mechanical difference or placebo but Creta did come across as more effortless of the two.

In the end, even though Kia is better designed outside and inside, and it has bigger features list, and with discounts it is better bang for the buck, we just connected with Creta more. And i think that's the case with most buyers.

I feel Hyundai is ripping off customers with exorbitant pricing for Creta's higher variants. If you want an automatic, you have to pay Rs 5 lakh over the base variant! The S(O) IVT at 18.5 lakh OTR is just crazy pricing. It is the opposite of VFM -- it has the same el cheapo instrument cluster that comes in models that cost half.

The SX(O) at ~22 lakh is plain unbelievable!!! You can get the XUV700 2 litre turbocharged 200 hp beast of an engine with a proper TC, 7 seats and 5 star safety for the kind of money Hyundai is charging for a wheezing 1.5 NA engine and 3 star safety rating.

I hope the bubble pops fast for Creta.

Last edited by naru80 : 19th June 2024 at 14:35.
naru80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 15:14   #417
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
-- Creta's cabin has lighter colors that make it feel airier and gives a sense of being in a more spacious car
-- Hyundai's suspension is better especially over potholed roads, making the ride plusher
-- The seats felt marginally better, making it seem to be a better place to be seated in
These are some of key points which also turn the table in favour of the Creta for majority of the folks (including me). It just feels a size bigger than the Seltos on the inside, rides better (even the FL's) and the rear seats especially are way comfier than the Seltos.

Quote:
In the end, even though Kia is better designed outside and inside, and it has bigger features list, and with discounts it is better bang for the buck, we just connected with Creta more. And i think that's the case with most buyers.

Quote:
I hope the bubble pops fast for Creta.
Even though I personally do feel and want the same, it is highly impossible that will happen. CRETA has become a 'brand' akin to the Innova for the C-SUV segment.

I own a 9-year old 1st gen Creta and finding a suitable replacement (in the same segment) is simply impossible. I don't want a 7 seater or a car of the size of an XUV700 per se. So, the only segment left with me is the C-SUV where there's only one worthy player - The Creta.
ashvek3141 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 19:17   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Even though I personally do feel and want the same, it is highly impossible that will happen.
I think it will happen sooner than later.

It's sister Seltos already has free insurance offer.

The mighty XUV700, which till recently had 1 year+ waiting, now gets up to 1 lakh discount on higher variants. The mid AX5 variant has seen not only a 50k price cut but also feature ADDITIONS.

Creta marketeers will do it more intelligently by rejigging variants and adding features at the same price. A few months down the line, 18.5 lakh will get you a much better Creta than the current S(O) IVT with its sad speakers and downmarket dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I own a 9-year old 1st gen Creta and finding a suitable replacement (in the same segment) is simply impossible. I don't want a 7 seater or a car of the size of an XUV700 per se. So, the only segment left with me is the C-SUV where there's only one worthy player - The Creta.
No doubt that Creta is miles ahead of the competition. Hyundai knows it and is charging an obscene premium for the top variants. There is plenty of scope for margins to go down. I'm hoping it's going to be tata to overcharging with the coming curvv in the market.

Last edited by naru80 : 19th June 2024 at 19:28.
naru80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 19:40   #419
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for your input.

No specific reasons to rule out Seltos. I know very well that technically both Creta & Seltos are the same cars but my wife seems to believe that Seltos is unsafe. One of my concerns and reservations regarding Creta is also the history of poor safety rating and unstable body shell. Although, both Hyundai & Kia have said that they have reinforced the chassis but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt and still wondering why they haven't sent the cars for crash tests yet.

Also, I understand that both cars should be reliable and fuss-free for at least an initial 5 years but is it true that one can expect no headache from Honda in the long run as well.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th June 2024 at 21:00. Reason: Fixed Quote. Spell, please proofread before posting.
motographer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 22:42   #420
BHPian

Agreed with the sentiments in the favor of the FL Creta. It is indeed an all rounder and excels in the following areas:

1. Superior ride quality: We were mighty impressed with the super cushiony ride quality during our test drive even when the TPMS showed 40 plus! The Seltos just can't match that. Period.

2. Better sense of space and comfort: The light and airy interiors, better seats (both front and back) and comfort are some of the key factors that go a long way in overall car ownership. The GT line's interior is just so meh in comparison and feels cramped and claustrophobic. As a note, we personally didn't like the all grey interior theme of the Creta, along with the sad looking HVAC system and cheap quality centre console and hence are more inclined towards the X line with those beautiful sage green color interior theme.

3. Better product line-up: The Creta offers NA IVT on its top trim, which the Seltos miserably fails to do. Kia needs to wake up and start offering better options to consumers. Not everyone needs extra power for the city drives where the NA IVT combo shines with zero lag/jerks. Plus it's M-O-R-E than adequate for the highway runs as wells. It's a no nonsense choice for many who buy the Creta. I'm certain Kia is losing many potential consumers just because of this poor business strategy.

4. The brand Creta! Enough said. The FL has decimated the competition and how! Unless some manufacturer come up a brilliant product and a bullet proof strategy to counter Creta's domination, it will rule the compact SUV segment. And I don't see that happening for a long time, so relax and enjoy the show!
Col Mehta is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks