Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2024, 13:41   #271
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Speaking out of turn here, but the forward collision thing on my Creta SX(O) isn't as intrusive as I thought. At speeds <20 km/hr, its almost off, never seen it operate at those speeds ever. At 20-40 km/hr, had it operate once when an unruly pedestrian tried to cross the street even when my lane had a green signal. I was maybe 15 feet from the person and hit sudden brakes myself when it took over and slammed the brakes even harder
Interesting. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have been watching videos on adas and a lot of these videos actually said that forward collision helped them save themselves more. It being disabled below 20 is a relief because most of the unruly bikes and auto rickshaws ride criss cross at those speeds.

I will switch it on to test and go for a ride in the afternoon sometime when the roads are emptier

If anyone else has more Adas experiences to share that will be cool. We should have a separate adas thread too. I am sure might be helpful to a lot of people.
Old 1st April 2024, 13:59   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Y
Hey Aniket, is the Forward Collision thing on at your end? How is your experience with it? I switched it on but still scared to take it out on a crowded Kolkata street full of autos, bikes and cycles criss crossing everywhere.
Quote:
Speaking out of turn here, but the forward collision thing on my Creta SX(O) isn't as intrusive as I thought. At speeds <20 km/hr, its almost off, never seen it operate at those speeds ever. At 20-40 km/hr, had it operate once when an unruly pedestrian tried to cross the street even when my lane had a green signal. I was maybe 15 feet from the person and hit sudden brakes myself when it took over and slammed the brakes even harder
As confirmed by Deovrat, Forward collision (FCAA) is not intrusive.

In fact, I have found Blind spot collision avoidance (BSCA) and Rear cross traffic collision assist (RCCA) to be more intrusive. In 3 weeks of ownership, I have not seen FCAA warning yet, but BSCA triggers if you change lanes, even if lane change indicators are engaged. RCCA is sensitive to incoming traffic and may need some time to adjust in heavy traffic areas.

FCA works only when vehicle speed is above 10 km/hr and works in stages.

Stage-1: Visual & Sound warning
Stage-2 : Weak break pressure
Stage-3 : Strong break pressure

If you still have concerns but want to test FCAA, you can tweak warning timing to late in setting and warnings will be less frequent.
Aniket Verma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 22:52   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post

In fact, I have found Blind spot collision avoidance (BSCA) and Rear cross traffic collision assist (RCCA) to be more intrusive. In 3 weeks of ownership, I have not seen FCAA warning yet, but BSCA triggers if you change lanes, even if lane change indicators are engaged. RCCA is sensitive to incoming traffic and may need some time to adjust in heavy traffic areas.

If you still have concerns but want to test FCAA, you can tweak warning timing to late in setting and warnings will be less frequent.

Thanks for sharing this. I also finally turned on my FCAA and went out for a drive. Didn't even realise it's on. Phew, that was a relief. I think it's designed to work only during emergencies where we would also react in the same manner. Will see if any warning ever comes will adjust it accordingly then.

I agree with the RCCA! Every time I take a U turn, it auto breaks my car multiple times. It wouldn't if others would just wait but no one waits and they keep going behind the car when am taking a U turn. It's only a concern when one is taking a U turn on a busy single lane road. But apart from that it's fine.

BSCA always kicks in whenever I am parked on the road side and about to re-enter, even with the indicator on. So even if I am rolling very slowly and the incoming car is at a distance to mine. It still detects it as if I am going to hit the car and applies the break. (This is what I was concerned about FCAA too). I think they need to add some sensitivity settings for this and then it will be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya_ip View Post
Congratulations Sumeet for your new car and happy to know that you are happy with its performance so far.

Mine is S(O) IVT. Delivery is on 9th April. Just want to know more about the performance of CVT. How smooth it is and which mode you find it gives best of response. How much is the rubber band effect if you have observed it?

Thanks in Advance and happy driving!
Thank you! Congratulations on your new Creta too! CVT is buttery smooth. I have been driving manual all my life and I have 0 regrets for shifting into a CVT. Specially, in bumper to bumper traffic, it is just so relaxing. I have tried over takes couple of times and it delivered power very well (even though its not a turbo). Its definitely way powerful compared to my older Grand i10 and I had 0 problems with that too.

I haven't gone on a highway ride yet so can't comment on that experience.

I was also very concerned about the CVT rubber band effect before buying. But to be honest it's just over hyped a bit. If you drive in a relaxed manner, you won't even feel it. The only time I feel it is when I am picking up from a complete halt. There is this split second time difference in pushing the peddle vs the pickup. This was something not there in the manual. But given the other benefits, this is not even noticeable. It has made me a more comfortable and relaxed driver.

Last edited by sumeetchawla : 1st April 2024 at 22:57.
sumeetchawla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 23:24   #274
BHPian

As expected Hyundai has increased the prices of Creta from today 1st April. Diesel models getting the maximum hike and top variants get a miss.

No Increase -
Petrol E (Base)
Petrol DCT SX(O)
Diesel AT SX(O)

Increment of Rs.3500 -
All Petrol models (except above 2)

Increment of Rs.10800 -
All Diesel models (except SX(O) AT)

No price increment in N-Line variants as of now.
dextor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:11   #275
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Wish you a Happy and safe rides.
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:25   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post

How does FCAA and BSCA work on highways when you have to weave and overtake if two other vehicles are going at almost similar speeds in two adjacent lanes?
Old 2nd April 2024, 16:49   #277
BHPian

With all the ADAS serious discussion going on right now, this is one light-hearted question for the SX(O) owners - Are you or are you not tired of the useless "Children Crossing ahead!" callout yet?
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:58   #278
BHPian

Quote:
With all the ADAS serious discussion going on right now, this is one light-hearted question for the SX(O) owners - Are you or are you not tired of the useless "Children Crossing ahead!" callout yet?
I think someone mentioned in a previous post about being able to disable it, even I need to figure out how, didn't get much time to experiment with the settings. Not many schools on Bangalore's OOR portion where I drive but once I enter my residential area the alerts just don't stop.
Old 2nd April 2024, 21:06   #279
BHPian

Quote:
You can disable it in navigation alerts menu.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 21:14   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Haha! That is a legit question. It does announce that a lot and can be disabled. For now I haven't disabled it. Rather, I enabled the announcements for 'Speed Breaker Ahead' and 'Sharp Turns'. Though, I know the sharp turn announcement would never work in the city but just keeping it there.

I switched on the speed breaker one because a lot of times I faced un-marked speed breakers in some lanes. It is still not very accurate. But whenever it does work, it announces a few seconds before the speed breaker arrives.

There are other options like 'Rock slide' alerts which might be helpful for people living in hilly areas.

I also disabled 'Driving Safety Priority' in the sound settings. It then announces but is less intrusive and doesn't reduce the music by a lot.

On a separate note, has anyone faced any issues with BlueLink? Ever since it was enabled, it shows Creta but shows the image of an Alcazar.

Also, yesterday, I was filling petrol but forgot to put the car in parking mode (Auto hold was on and I didn't realise). But after filling the car with 40 litres, my instrument console never updated. The fuel meter slowly updated as I drove after that. But the range is still showing as 40km for some reason. Both on my instrument cluster and the Bluelink app.

Did any one face anything like this? I asked my SA and he told me that sometimes it takes time for it to update and this is happens cause of BS6 Phase 2 engine for some reason.

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_6847.jpg2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-img_6848.jpg
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 00:09   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post
How does FCAA and BSCA work on highways when you have to weave and overtake if two other vehicles are going at almost similar speeds in two adjacent lanes?
FCAA & BSCA works only when the object (car / two wheeler) are in the range of both camera & radar.

If a vehicle is in parallel / adjacent lanes, then red warning lights glows in respective ORVMs. If one changes the lanes, first a audio warning along with direction of potential object is shown in the MID. This is followed by activation of 360 degree camera on central console. Brakes are applied as a last resort (Not experienced it yet).

Quote:
Have unchecked all Point of Interest options at the time of delivery.
Aniket Verma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 12:50   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I found the TPMS to be a bit weird. At first I filled normal air at 33psi. But while driving it showed 35-36psi. So later I got the nitrogen one filled in all the tyres. When I start the car, after driving it for a while it shows 33-34. But then later on sometimes it shows 35-36. May be it depends on the temperature of the tyre too? Am not sure. If someone experienced can comment on this, I will really appreciate it.
Congratulations on the new car! I did not like the Creta facelift design, but yours in dual tone white and black does look good and understated!

About the air pressure, that's normal and is supposed to happen. The moment you fill the air, it would be at X pressure. If you continue driving for sometime, the air inside the tyre will heat up (even nitrogen heats up a bit), and as it heats up the air expands. Hence you slightly higher air pressure while driving. Try to check air pressure again, after you have stopped for an hour or so, and before you begin the journey again. It would again be at that X pressure level.

Quote:
Now coming to the best part about ADAS: the Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go (SCC with S&G). It was a bit scary to test it out but now that am getting the hang of it, it's so much fun! I think Hyundai is the only car company which allows smart cruise control activation for speeds above 10 kmph.
Yes it's one of the best bets. Hyundai also offers it with Verna and Kia does the same with the Seltos Facelift.

Quote:
Wireless charger - I was pretty intrigued to have a wireless charger as I never even used one at home. But it just heats up the phone and is mostly useless. I was expecting the holes to have some cooling effect but supposedly it doesn't. So I have just switched it off.
Are you sure of this? I have a seltos DCT facelift, and it gets a cooling vent for the wireless charger. It also charges sufficiently fast and due to the cooling vent the phone remains cooler. If I am not wrong even pre facelift Creta got a cooling vent?

Quote:
This is not a ADAS function. But function of inbuilt maps. There are even more warnings and you can disable each of them.

Last edited by 07CR : 3rd April 2024 at 12:51.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 14:07   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congratulations on the new car! I did not like the Creta facelift design, but yours in dual tone white and black does look good and understated!

About the air pressure, that's normal and is supposed to happen. The moment you fill the air, it would be at X pressure. If you continue driving for sometime, the air inside the tyre will heat up (even nitrogen heats up a bit), and as it heats up the air expands. Hence you slightly higher air pressure while driving. Try to check air pressure again, after you have stopped for an hour or so, and before you begin the journey again. It would again be at that X pressure level.

Thank you so much! I generally never liked the silver arch pillar and hence always wanted to go with the dual tone as it's blacked out by default.

Thank you for sharing this. I thought this might be happening too. A silly question, so as per the recommended air pressure, should we follow the one when the car is stand still or when the car is running and the air inside the tyre is heated up? I am assuming it's the former though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Are you sure of this? I have a seltos DCT facelift, and it gets a cooling vent for the wireless charger. It also charges sufficiently fast and due to the cooling vent the phone remains cooler. If I am not wrong even pre facelift Creta got a cooling vent?
I just looked up a few youtube videos and supposedly Creta does not have cooled wireless charging Where as the new Kia Seltos does provide cooled wireless charding. This is kind of a bummer as I wasn't expecting it to be not cooled. The phone becomes super hot while charging and renders the wireless charging useless to be honest.
sumeetchawla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 12:21   #284
BHPian

Hi,

I have a few questions (rather dumb but please excuse)

How do I open the boot in my new Creta SX(O) petrol that I have bought? Is it only through the key button, is there a small lever too inside the car like what is there in my Honda City?

Also, can someone tell my how to access the ADAS functions and how to select / de select approprite ADAS .

Thanks a ton in advance for help

Chatto - the proud owner of a gleaming new Creta in that fab green colour

Last edited by chatto63 : 4th April 2024 at 12:31.
Old 4th April 2024, 12:34   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatto63 View Post
Hi,

I have a few questions (rather dumb but please excuse)

How do I open the boot in my new Creta SX(O) petrol that I have bought? Is it only through the key button, is there a small lever too inside the car like what is there in my Honda City?
There is no lever near driver side to open. One needs to unlock the car and the boot can be opened from outside.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks