Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2024, 19:24   #226

Advice needed to buy creta diesel AT or creta petrol dct

Hi bhpians
I am quite confused about whether to buy creta automatic diesel or creta dct petrol turbo
My daily Driving- 30-40 km per day which is 70 percent in city traffic , occasional long highway rides about a couple in a month.

Concerns with petrol-
1. dct transmission ,( its my first automatic ) is it reliable
2.will I be able to keep my car with turbo engine for long say 7 years

Concerns with diesel
1. Nvh levels as compared to petrol- is it very noisy when sitting inside the car. As the car grows old do the nvh levels increase
2. What about dpf issues.

I am a sedate driver but I want to have the ability to do do quick overtakes on highways . I don't drive over 120 and neither do j intend to but I want a responsive car with good reliability. I have read a lot about dct and turbo issues. Are these issues just for a few people or are these issues very widespread in creta. If I choose diesel how much discomfort can I expect inside the cabin and as compared to turbo petrol , does diesel allow better quick overtakes or is it same ?
sbh452in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 19:47   #227
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

During the PDI of my Creta SX(O) IVT, I noticed that the main 4 tyres were JK, while the spare was Apollo Alnac. Wanted to check with this group if that is acceptable or should I raise a red flag with the dealer? The sales advisor was saying that it is pretty common but I'm not so sure.
Schroeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 19:49   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharat1986 View Post
Is opting for a Seltos facelift with DCT preferable to selecting a Creta facelift? Despite having booked the Creta facelift DCT, I would appreciate your overall suggestions on which option provides a favorable package.
Alongwith top of the line GTX and XLine variants, Seltos also offers dct in the mid variant as well which is not the case with Creta unless you opt for the n8 version of the nline variant. In the non nline facelift dct is offered only in the top vairant. So if you don't want to buy the top vairants and the nline variant, Seltos is the only choice for dct you have.

If we consider the top vairants, Seltos has an edge due to the fact that it gives more features for the same price. For a fully loaded turbo petrol dct I'd anyday chose Seltos GTX over Creta SX(O) and even the Creta N10 N-line variant.

I'd chose Creta SX(O) only if I want a fully feature loaded car with a naturally aspirated petrol engine with an ivt gear box.
Mr Anderson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 07:51   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice needed to buy creta diesel AT or creta petrol dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh452in View Post
Concerns with diesel
1. Nvh levels as compared to petrol- is it very noisy when sitting inside the car. As the car grows old do the nvh levels increase
Petrol engine will definitely be much more refined than diesel but I drive the first gen diesel Creta (2015 model) and it's pretty silent in the inside even now. Only when you push the engine will you hear the diesel clatter inside.
I think the new Creta got engine insulation which the first gen didnt have. So the noise insulation will be even better. Suggest you to take an extended test drive on the highway.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 15:44   #230
Senior - BHPian

1)As an ex owner diesel Creta automatic- no, the NVH doesn't get progressively worse over time.
2) It is perfectly ok to have JK+ Apollo combination. It is not a scam. In my experience, the JK UX Royale(assuming thats the model) are quite ok for the Creta, have decent puncture resistance, they are a bit noisy at high speeds, but nothing that the Creta's insulation cannot handle.
Old 16th March 2024, 20:48   #231
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharat1986 View Post
Is opting for a Seltos facelift with DCT preferable to selecting a Creta facelift? Despite having booked the Creta facelift DCT, I would appreciate your overall suggestions on which option provides a favorable package.
This should help. Cross posting from other thread. Summary in my books seltos GT Line DCT looks much better than Creta (even n line) both exterior and interior wise, is way more better equipped and has a more sporty yet comfortable driving setup. Creta on the other hand offers 7 year extended warranty option (5 on seltos). So it depends what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Creta Misses compared to Seltos GT Line and lower trims I have noticed till now-
  1. No Fog lamps
  2. Single reversing lamp
  3. No dynamic mode for the instrument cluster
  4. Ambient light provided only on the passenger side dashboard (Seltos gets it on the passenger dashboard and both front doors as well)
  5. Single Orange colored ambient light as opposed to multi color in Seltos
  6. Absence of rain sensing wipers
  7. 17 inch alloys vs 18 in Seltos (This can be a positive point for Creta)
  8. No 5th passenger headrest
  9. HVAC system appears too basic in design
  10. Lower trims miss out on lot of goodies-
  11. In SX trim (HTX+ equivalent of Seltos), Hyundai does not offer Electric seats, the Alcazar's instrument cluster (Basic Verna one is offered instead), No ventilated seats, No Bose Speakers and the likes. All of these available on Seltos HTX+. Similar story on S(O) variant of Creta and HTX variant of Seltos.
  12. Missing one touch up down for all windows
  13. Absence of illuminated window and door lock buttons, Seltos has all of these illuminated.
  14. No UV cut glasses
  15. Auto dimming IRVM available only on the SX(O) trim. In seltos this is available from HTX.
  16. Front Parking sensors available only on the SX(O) trim. In seltos this is available from HTK.

There are some nifty additions in creta over the Seltos too-
  1. Puddle lamps
  2. Cooled Glove box
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:36   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post

So the total difference comes around 1.9 Lakhs and the key features that you get are ADAS, Bose Audio, Connected displays and Wireless charger.
I am in the same confusion as yours. While S(O) is definitely the VFM variant, but the differences in comparison with SX Tech are more than the above mentioned. I have listed below all the differences. Hope this helps you make well informed decision.

With that comparison, I am somewhat inclined towards SX(Tech) as for a longer ownership these features may neutralize the initial cost and good to have for some premium experience. However I have still not decided.

And please do let me know what you decided and the factors for the decision. It will help me also for my decision :-)

Missing key features compared to SX/SX Tech
1. 10.25" infotainment (will get 8" with physical buttons)
2. Voice enabled Sunroof (will get smart panaromic)
3. R17 Diamond cut alloy wheels (will get R17 black alloys)
4. Semi Leather seat upholstery (will get Fabric)
5. Gear knob w/o leather
6. Smartphone wireless charger
7. Remote engine Start with smart key
8. Hyundai Bluelink (connected car technology)
9. Over-the-air (OTA) updates for map and infotainment
10. Home to car (H2C) with Alexa#
11. ADAS
12. Bose speakers
13. Driver Power window with auto up down and safety

Not so critical, good to have (In my personal view)
1. Day and night mirror with telematics switches
2. Puddle lamps with welcome function
3. LED turn signal with Sequential Function
4. Outside door handles - Chrome
5. Soothing amber ambient light
6. Rear seat headrest cushion
7. JioSaavn music streaming
torque789 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 12:16   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque789 View Post
And please do let me know what you decided and the factors for the decision. It will help me also for my decision :-)
I am inclining more towards SX Tech. I did a cost value analysis of all the features provided (with aftermarket fitment) and in actual the total cost with aftermarket > ex-showroom price. This means that the VFM continues in this variant is well. However, some of the feel good features are what they are - feel good. I am not sure I would even install them aftermarket.

Some of the features can't even be installed in aftermarket such as ADAS. Even for the ICE upgrade, you won't find the connected screen in aftermarket which is a big push for me. Even if you did install your own audio setup, you would need to setup wiring again and company fitted is company fitted. Home ministry is strictly against doing any such kind of modifications so I am stuck there

Also for me atleast car is a long time investment, and i don't want to be in a state where after purchase I have regret of not going for higher variant.

If you can stretch your budget to SX Tech, it's a sensible upgrade but if you cannot S(O) is just fine.
rohitsharma359 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 12:40   #234
BHPian

Quote:
If you can stretch your budget to SX Tech, it's a sensible upgrade
I concur with you on this.

However, not having an auto dimming mirror in the SX Tech seems a strange decision. If you have ADAS which is geared to safety, then the most basic safety feature is an auto dimming mirror.

That apart, this is a fantastic trim level offered by Hyundai. Coupled with the naturally aspirated 1.5 it just makes a lot of sense for someone looking for a sedate drive with the latest safety tech.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 12:54   #235

Quote:

Some of the features can't even be installed in aftermarket such as ADAS. Even for the ICE upgrade, you won't find the connected screen in aftermarket which is a big push for me.
Just be aware that the infotainment and cluster are not really "connected", in reality they are 2 different display behind a common glass in the front.
Old 18th March 2024, 14:23   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Just be aware that the infotainment and cluster are not really "connected", in reality they are 2 different display behind a common glass in the front.
True
What I meant to say is that that Hyundai (or Kia for that matter) never sells the HU with bluelink. That's because HU contains an actual sim and which is specifically tied up with your VIN number.

Some car dealers can sell you that HU with blue link (which is not genuinely from Hyundai and is can most likely be stolen or it could have been extracted from a totalled car).

I enquired about the cost of the stereo present in the S(O) model from the SS and they quoted 70k with wiring So I am guessing that even if Hyundai is to ever sell that exact 10.25" stereo it's cost is going to be in similar range if not greater.

Also, I am guessing here but I think that installing an aftermarket 360 degree camera might be easier in the new stereo as it already supports it.
rohitsharma359 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 19:01   #237

Quote:
I am in the same confusion as yours. While S(O) is definitely the VFM variant, but the differences in comparison with SX Tech are more than the above mentioned. I have listed below all the differences. Hope this helps you make well informed decision.

With that comparison, I am somewhat inclined towards SX(Tech) as for a longer ownership these features may neutralize the initial cost and good to have for some premium experience. However I have still not decided.

I had the same dilemma as you, was leaning towards SX for the old gen and accordingly booked SX in pre-bookings. Since they discontinued IVT on SX at launch, changed booking to SX Tech primarily for features like 10" infotainment, sequential turn indicators, wireless charger, ADAS (mainly adaptive cruise control), rear defogger and auto up-down window.

I also considered Seltos HTX which was 1L cheaper but went with Creta because as per reviews Creta had a more comfortable suspension and Seltos missed features like electric parking brake and auto hold which I felt may be useful long-term. Premium paid to get ADAS is also much less in Creta as compared to Seltos as I didn't need 1.5 Turbo/DCT, hence ruled out Seltos.
phoenix11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 20:38   #238
BHPian

Re: Advice needed to buy creta diesel AT or creta petrol dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh452in View Post
Hi bhpians
I am quite confused about whether to buy creta automatic diesel or creta dct petrol turbo
My daily Driving- 30-40 km per day which is 70 percent in city traffic , occasional long highway rides about a couple in a month.
The 1.5 NA Petrol with IVT suits your requirement perfectly. It is a proven gearbox having no reliability issues and the petrol engine is one of the most refined in the segment so you will have no issues with the NVH levels.
You might face DPF issues with Diesel since your running is 70%city.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 23:11   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix11 View Post
I had the same dilemma as you, was leaning towards SX for the old gen and accordingly booked SX in pre-bookings. Since they discontinued IVT on SX at launch, changed booking to SX Tech primarily for features like 10" infotainment, sequential turn indicators, wireless charger, ADAS (mainly adaptive cruise control), rear defogger and auto up-down window.

I also considered Seltos HTX which was 1L cheaper but went with Creta because as per reviews Creta had a more comfortable suspension and Seltos missed features like electric parking brake and auto hold which I felt may be useful long-term. Premium paid to get ADAS is also much less in Creta as compared to Seltos as I didn't need 1.5 Turbo/DCT, hence ruled out Seltos.
I chose Creta SX IVT (pre FL model) over Seltos HTX IVT for the reasons similar to yours. Believe me, EPB with auto hold is very useful feature in traffic or driving on inclines. Creta also has more refined suspension than Seltos for city driving and pot hole ridden roads.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 18th March 2024 at 23:12.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 18:26   #240

Hi Bhpians, Today took delivery of my Hyundai Creta E1.5D MT and straight from Showroom took the car to Vig Auto accessories, Vashi. As expected they did the complete modification in approx 4 hours, this is our 5th car with Vig Auto.

Creta will replace our aging Ertiga which has crossed 2.5 lacs of kms but it still in such a wonderful condition that can be taken to any part of the country. Thanks all
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-20240323_112135.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-20240323_173944.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-20240323_173925.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-20240323_173919.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd March 2024 at 19:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks