Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2024, 17:00   #211
BHPian

Re: 2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review

My new purchase was finally delivered last week. It is an SX(O) with IVT, which a few of us (including me) are curious about.
So after about 300km of running which includes both city & highway, here are my thoughts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharat1986 View Post
My typical driving scenario involves approx 60% city driving and 40% highway driving (Total yearly running around 15,000 KM). Additionally, the area where I reside dont have heavy traffic congestion and features numerous hilly roads, including ghats. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate your insights on whether the CVT transmission would suffice for my requirements, or if I should proceed with the DCT option.
I have owned a VW Vento DSG in the past and have been enamoured with the dual clutch 'boxes since then. I have also had the misfortune to have that 'box fail on me, requiring about 2L out of pocket. So once bitten, I opted for IVT this time around.
I would say IVT pros and cons have been offered by a lot of TBHP members and most of them are correct. The gearbox is better suited for sedate drivers like me (I cruise at 80-90kmph on highways) and you definitely won't get the smooth as silk shifts of a DSG nor its quick take on the situation. However, it suits more than fine for my relaxed driving style now. (Side note: ADAS features are making me a better driver, no doubt about it. At this point, it looks like extra money worth spent. Calibration is good and I haven't experienced any sudden braking or any other action that I feared which might cause rear-ending.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_carenthu View Post
There is a considerable uplift from the previous version of Creta in the new FL version, I would recommend if budget is not the constraint then go with FL'24 version, also one may feel the FOMO effect post purchasing a previous version model which may/maynot be applicable in your case....so think and then decide.
I have both FY23 Creta (you can see one in the picture) and the FY24 one, and I second this. The new one's exterior or interior are almost unrecognizable to a casual observer, sans the C-pillar. Its worth the upgrade, more so if FY24 achieves a better NCAP rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Frustrati going ahead with Creta IVT which is available in top trim.

IVT owners, Can you throw some light on IVT performance under high acceleration and bumper-to-bumper traffic?
In bumper to bumper traffic, IVT is one of the most relaxed 'boxes around. As long as your throttle inputs are linear, it serves its purpose silently and spectacularly. If you need a sudden rush of power, one needs to wait for a second for it to get over the rubber-band effect and then it closes the gap.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-1.jpg  

2024 Hyundai Creta Facelift Review-2.jpg  

Last edited by deovrat : 11th March 2024 at 17:11. Reason: Additional info.
deovrat is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 17:08   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
If you don't have budget constraints, I would suggest you to go for the Turbo Petrol model. It doesn't hurt to have extra power on tap, and Hyundai has sorted a lot of DCT issues. DCT primarily had heating issues and since you don't reside in a traffic heavy area, I don't think you will face any issues as such.
Does the Idle stop go - feature helps in overcoming this DCT heating issue in a bumper-to-bumper traffic?
Old 12th March 2024, 10:59   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a considerable uplift from the previous version of Creta in the new FL version, I would recommend if budget is not the constraint then go with FL'24 version, also one may feel the FOMO effect post purchasing a previous version model which may/maynot be applicable in your case....so think and then decide.
Just out of curiosity, had you considered the Seltos FL, and if Yes, why you chose the Creta over it? Seltos does get a lot of goodies over the Creta.

Is it lower wait times, or some sort of discounts?

Quote:
Does the Idle stop go - feature helps in overcoming this DCT heating issue in a bumper-to-bumper traffic?
Yes indeed. Most times you come to a stop, the car shuts off. This releases any pressure on the gear lever. Secondly it gets the Auto hold, which in theory should disengage clutch everytime it is active. Both these should relay DCT heating fears.

Been driving the Seltos FL in Pune traffic for past 3 months. I keep both of the above engaged. Haven't seen any transmission overheating warning yet.

Last edited by 07CR : 12th March 2024 at 11:04.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 12:52   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Just out of curiosity, had you considered the Seltos FL, and if Yes, why you chose the Creta over it? Seltos does get a lot of goodies over the Creta.

Is it lower wait times, or some sort of discounts?

Yes indeed. Most times you come to a stop, the car shuts off. This releases any pressure on the gear lever. Secondly it gets the Auto hold, which in theory should disengage clutch everytime it is active. Both these should relay DCT heating fears.

Been driving the Seltos FL in Pune traffic for past 3 months. I keep both of the above engaged. Haven't seen any transmission overheating warning yet.
I was actually contemplating between Seltos FL and Creta FL initially, but as the engine specs were similar I somehow felt Creta's build to be little on heavier side and their overall ASS reach, while the interiors of Creta FL were not exciting but after NLine launch I think that gap is covered, so I will be going ahead with Creta NLine now.
Sam_carenthu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 17:27   #215
BHPian

Guys, with the new N-Line the gap between seltos and creta has narrowed in my understanding. The suspension and driving should be similar and interiors would also be similar. The only significant gap was the Solar UV cut glass. How do you guys rate this feature? Does the creta get more heated up than the Seltos because of this missing feature?

I would be looking to buy in Chennai where it gets hot pretty quickly and hence this is always a useful feature to have. Though thanks to the ventilated seats, this missing feature may be more manageable.

Is there any other big gap between the N-Line and the Seltos top end which I am missing? The only reason I am not considering the Seltos is because of the white trim inserts in the upholstery which will become very dirty going by my past experience. The outgoing model had beautiful black upholstery with red stitching which was really classy (similar to the new Creta N-Line).
Old 12th March 2024, 22:45   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix11 View Post
I booked SX Tech IVT - Titan Grey in Delhi in January. I have been told the same thing, not a single delivery so far in Grey by any showroom. I was earlier being told that there is no firm timeline for grey units. Now I am being told I may get it this month or next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post
It seems that Hyundai has begin the delivery of Ranger Khaki and Titan Grey vehicles, as I had spotted both colors in Kolkata earlier this week.

Now, both dealers are ready to deliver the SX(O) IVT in Titan Grey color by Holi. One dealer has also shared the VIN number. Since I want the car in April, preferably during Navratri, I will finalise the dealer by the end of the March.
Autoenthu91 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 12:19   #217
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Need your help in deciding on which variant should I opt for new Creta.
Usually we do a lot of highway runs, so going for diesel variant for that extra torque. I have already booked S(O) variant which has all the basic features which we needed. But everyone around me is telling me to upgrade to SX (Tech) Variant.
On-Road Price in Hyderabad for S(O) - 19.8 Lakhs
On-Road Price for SX (Tech) variant - 21.7 Lakhs

So the total difference comes around 1.9 Lakhs and the key features that you get are ADAS, Bose Audio, Connected displays and Wireless charger.

My question is that is it worth to spend 1.9 lakhs on these upgrade? To give context I am right now driving a base model car which doesn’t even have rear power windows. However, I have done a decent budget audio setup in that ( Sony HU, JBL Amp, Blaupunkt underseat sub, Morel + Focal speakers)

Please provide your valuable insights on whether this upgrade is justifiable for 1.9 lakhs??
Old 13th March 2024, 13:06   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Need your help in deciding on which variant should I opt for new Creta.
Usually we do a lot of highway runs, so going for diesel variant for that extra torque. I have already booked S(O) variant which has all the basic features which we needed. But everyone around me is telling me to upgrade to SX (Tech) Variant.
On-Road Price in Hyderabad for S(O) - 19.8 Lakhs
On-Road Price for SX (Tech) variant - 21.7 Lakhs

So the total difference comes around 1.9 Lakhs and the key features that you get are ADAS, Bose Audio, Connected displays and Wireless charger.

My question is that is it worth to spend 1.9 lakhs on these upgrade? To give context I am right now driving a base model car which doesn’t even have rear power windows. However, I have done a decent budget audio setup in that ( Sony HU, JBL Amp, Blaupunkt underseat sub, Morel + Focal speakers)

Please provide your valuable insights on whether this upgrade is justifiable for 1.9 lakhs??
ADAS is mixed bag and not sure it is a deal breaker in Indian driving conditions. Other features are only cosmetics so if you are on budget, you can skip. Wireless charging is quite useless IMHO as it is low wattage and secondly android auto / car play still needs phone to be connected by wire. I hardly use it in my Creta.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th March 2024 at 13:08.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 14:45   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post

I agree with the above post in general, that ADAS is not make-or-break, especially at this price and if you are a sedate driver anyway. In my case, I definitely wanted the 360 camera which only retailed on SX(O), and ADAS came with it so I am happy, but I am not sure if I had shelled close to 2L for ADAS alone. Maybe 50-75k.
Old 14th March 2024, 00:58   #220
BHPian

Is there any thread where new creta owners are sharing the must have accessories for the new car?
Old 14th March 2024, 16:11   #221

Is opting for a Seltos facelift with DCT preferable to selecting a Creta facelift? Despite having booked the Creta facelift DCT, I would appreciate your overall suggestions on which option provides a favorable package.
Old 14th March 2024, 19:42   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Is opting for a Seltos facelift with DCT preferable to selecting a Creta facelift? Despite having booked the Creta facelift DCT, I would appreciate your overall suggestions on which option provides a favorable package.
Creta offers extended warranty for upto 7 years against 5 years in case of Seltos.

For DCT, this additional assurance of 2 years tilts the balance towards Creta.
Aniket Verma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 20:37   #223

Quote:
Creta normal facelift or NLine?

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th March 2024 at 21:09. Reason: No short form text please.
Old 14th March 2024, 20:51   #224

Quote:
Creta normal FL or NLine?
Creta facelift DCT not the N Line.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th March 2024 at 21:10. Reason: Clean up changes
Old 15th March 2024, 14:40   #225
BHPian

Anyone using new Jiosaavn app on Creta, help me with the play lists? It says, do it on the app but when I login with same phone number on Jiosaavn mobile app, there is no subscription and also a saved playlist didn't sync up with the account on the car.

Don't see the purpose of having Jiosaavn when we are unable to access any playlist on it other than just trending songs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks